Start by marking “Knight of Flames (Inheritance, #2)” as Want to Read:
Knight of Flames (Inheritance, #2)

Knight of Flames

(Inheritance #2)

Headstrong. Telekinetic. Pariah.

On the run from his family, Quentin d’Arcy has settled in San Diego with dwindling funds and the growing suspicion that his gifts might not be limited to telekinesis. When he meets a psychic who can control people’s actions with a few words, his comfortable life starts to unravel.

Demigod. Oracle. Hunter.

Laurence Riley almost died killing
Published August 23rd 2016 by LoveLight Press

To ask other readers questions about Knight of Flames, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knight of Flames

Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~
You know that feeling when you're reading a good book and you sort of know where it's going and it goes there but it's still okay because you still had a good time getting there? But there's also this undercurrent of weird niggling at you the entire time and then you get to the last page and it sucker punches you in the brain and then you can't figure out if you're really excited or super dreading what's going to come next?

And all of a sudden everything you've read prior to that moment is put i
Elena
I’ve tried writing a review, but that epilogue scrambled my brain.
If you're looking for coherent thoughts, read Linda's review.
Kaje Harper
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book more than the first. The pace is more even, the action clearer, and the relationship progresses with some interesting setbacks. The villain(s) are (probably) just human psychics and the old gods element is temporarily put on the back burner, in favor of new conflicts.

Quentin becomes a much more rounded character here, although the mystery of his past is clearly going to be a slooooooow reveal. His interactions with everyone, especially Lawrence, become warmer, more human, and
Fani
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, safe
“If I should ever lose you, I want no other. Ever.”

All I want is to read more about Quentin and Laurence, their relationship is so sweet ant it always leaves you wanting more. Just like in the first book, in “Knight of Flames” every conflict that is introduced get resolved in the end, i love when books in series don’t end with cliffhangers because they don’t rely in the reader’s curiosity to find out how a conflict gets resolved but instead, their focus is in introducing interesting characte
**Kaycee**
**4.5 stars**

This book is the second in the series and it's a great read. There is such tenderness between these main characters. The author does a great job of allowing the reader to feel the sexual tension between these two lovers, Quentin and Laurence. Quentin continues on his sexual exploration along with his poor self body image.
What has caused his scars? Why is he so afraid of his sexuality? Will he stick around or run as he has done in the past?
Even though there is very little sex in the
Courtney Bassett
"Quentin would tear the world apart for him, wouldn’t he?"

This was so good! Laurence and Quentin continue to oh-so-cautiously navigate the physical side of their relationship, while at the same time openly showing how absolutely devoted they are to each other (all within the context of a bunch of other stuff going on, of course).

“You don’t have to stay here if you don’t want to.” Quentin snorted. What a preposterous suggestion. Where on earth else could he possibly want to be?

The epilogue had me
Jovan
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Narration: 4.5 stars

Once again Amelia Faulkner delivered a fantastic reading experience, with even better pacing and all the care and attention to detail in regards to the characters and their developing relationship that enchanted me in the first book.

In the second installment, a few months have passed since Laurence and Quentin defeated the god Jack. Laurence is dealing with his underlying fear that Quentin will leave, either because Laurence frightens him or that the suppressed and deep-seat
B.A. Brock
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you haven’t read the first book in the Inheritance series, Jack of Thorns, I suggest you read that before you read this book. If you have read Jack of Thorns and are wondering if you should continue the series, you should.

The second book in the series gives you more of what you’ve grown to love, Laurence and Quentin and their hilarious and adorable personalities. Though we don’t find out much more about what Quentin is, we do come to understand that both boys are extremely unique and special–
Carra
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Now this had much more going on than the first book of the series. The beginning did start off a bit slowly for me, but quickly moved up to speed with plenty of mystery and intrigue in addition to the advancement of Quentin and Laurence's physical relationship-though only by a bit in that area (and that bit certainly was intense).

With the introduction of Kane Wilson's character and the addition of Quentin's brother Freddy into the mix, the tension ratchets up quite a bit and as a reader I was co
Diane Dannenfeldt
Even better than the first book. These books are hard. They deal with issues of addiction, something that never goes away. Kidnapping. Sexual assault, which was only discussed about. Sexual issues, not sure if Quen is not sure about moving things forward because it's a man he is attracted too, possibly asexual or most likely demisexual. Or it might come down to he is afraid to lose control and let his talents inadvertently hurt Laurence. I know his scars really bother him. I have to jump to Fred ...more
Elisa Rolle
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
2016 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: Knight of Flames by Amelia Faulkner
1) It's a fast-paced thriller and fairly comprehensible on its own, but as a sequel, it does refer back to events in Volume #1. Several settings, all clearly described, with reference to local weather events and their significance. Fairly realistic, considering that the major characters have superpowers and/or are descended from gods. Excellent writing style, including dialogue that shows differences between American and B
Rosa
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018, books
Things are starting to get clear here... The author is really clever hinting just enough, but if you pay attention you can guess where this is headed. However, its still interesting going there through her words. The world she've created is alive and full of surprises, some more unexpected than others.
In this book we meet interesting characters I hope we keep meeting them in next books because I'm curious about them and their motives. Let's see how that develops. I felt unconfortable at moments
Debbie McGowan
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-best
I loved this book completely from beginning to end. I adored to super Britishness of Quentin and Freddy, and how down-to-earth Laurence and his mom are, and the unapologetic bi characters – that this reads as a full-rainbow story is glorious. My only regret is that I didn’t read book one first (which makes for a bamboozling first couple of chapters, but I soon caught on), and I would recommend everyone does!
Stephanie
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
   I jumped right into Knight of Flames after finishing Jack of Thorns, and I was not disappointed! Most of the beginning is giving Quentin and Laurence some time together as they adjust to life after Jack, and moreover, life together. It’s the adjustment period after the hecticness that was their meeting and first weeks together, and allows them (and us) the time to get to know them better, how they operate, and possibly most importantly, how they are considerate of each other’s needs and are c ...more
Erica
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
An improvement over the first book. I'm a little frustrated by how slowly the "big picture" is developing, and given the fact that this book was 400+ pages and I just saw that book 5 was released recently . . . well, looks like you gotta be in it for the long haul with this series. This second book was enough of an improvement that, for now, I'm eager to see where it goes.
Chad
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review through the MMRG Don’t Buy My Love Program.*

Knight of Flames is the second book in Faulkner's Inheritance series. The first book, Jack of Thorns, saw me falling head over heels in love with the series's main couple, Laurence and Quentin. This second installment has me falling even deeper in love with this couple; I just can't get enough. Seriously, my offer to be a third in this relationship still stands...

(As
Debbie
I was gifted my copy of this book direct from the author, I thank Ms Faulkner for that!

Quentin and Laurence are getting on with their lives after dealing with Jack, getting to know one another, dating. First, Quentin meets Kane, who wants to build a better life for psychics, and then Quentin's twin brother, Freddy, turns up. Both Quentin and Laurence's powers are growing, ever more revealing what they can do. They need to get to the bottom of what Kane and Freddy really are up to, while still de
Morningstar
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book & Author: Knight of Flames by Amelia Faulkner (Inheritance Series)
Rating: 5 Stars

I am in love, IN LOVE I tell you, with this series.

Knight of Flames is book two in the Inheritance series and focuses more on Quentin then book one did. It gives us a little more of a glimpse in his thoughts and background which is helped along by the appearance of his twin brother Freddy.

The main draw to this series for me are two things...well okay that’s a lie. I love it all. The bad guys who we think
Anna Goerlitz
*I received a free copy of this book from the author, in exchange for an honest review*

This is the second in the Inheritance series by Amelia Faulkner and I would not recommend it to be read as a standalone, as you would miss too much of the back story and Laurence's background, as well as how our unlikely couple met.

In this second instalment we focus mainly on Quentin's story. We start off a short while after book 1 finished. Both are recovered from Jack's attack, both are sober and have been f
Rachel Emily
Ever since I read the first book in this series, all I could think of was - what's next for Laurence and Quentin?! And WHEN can I read it?! Jack of Thorns was one of my favorite stories from earlier this year and I couldn't wait for more!

Well, the follow up/continuation of their story has been worth the wait! I definitely do not recommend starting with this one - please, please start with the first book in the series and get ready for fall in love with these characters.

The story was gripping...
Sadie Forsythe
I didn't like this one as much as the first one, I'm afraid. I still liked it, mind you, but not as much as its predecessor. I found it predictable and Quentin's naiveté about his own body almost drove me to distraction. If the man is asexual, fine. If the man doesn't like sex, fine. If the man has had some past trauma and is afraid os sex, fine. But a 24yo pulling the old confused, 'what's this going on with my body' schtick makes I want to scream. And his refusal to even look at or name his ow ...more
Terri Jones
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm not going to finish this one. I should've stopped before 70%. Stupid sunk cost fallacy...

Reason one is, I'm bored. I was a little bored in the first book, but this one's pace is terrible.

Reason two is, I'm no longer invested in the slow-burn relationship. I've read a masterful slow burn relationship in 2 books (so far) that is wicked good. It's not the slowness. It's the utter stand-still. Hope needs some fuel, you know? Or at least distract me with other events.

Reason three is, my time is
Deak Wooten
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
I tried, really I tried. But having gotten through 50%, I gave up. I enjoy stories with well-developed characters, which this one has, but I also need need a story with action and a build up of tension. Just too meandering for my tastes.
Maggie
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tex Reader
3.0 of 5 stars - On Par with Debut, Relationship Better, But Not Plot.

This series continued to be an enjoyable read, especially in how it showed the developing relationship between the two MCs. It also continued with their developing superpowers, as well as adding those of others. But coming out of book 1, I had higher hopes that were not fully satisfied for where the plot and action would take me.

Amelia Faulkner’s style was again easy to read and descriptive, and she continued to effectively al
Sadie Bermingham
Things get hotter (pun absolutely intended) in the second installment of Inheritance.
Laurence is wrestling with his unfathomably chaste relationship with Quentin, and dreading that the vision he has had, of them being consumed by flames, will become a terrible reality. In the meantime, Quentin has a bizarre encounter with a man on the beach, which leads him to a commune for the psychically gifted in La Jolla.
Before long he and Laurence begin to suspect that all is not as it should be with thei
Elisa
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
A copy of this book was given to me by the author in exchange for an unbiased review.

I loved the first book, but I think I loved this one even more. Quentin and Laurence are now a couple, but are taking it VERY slow. Quentin has experienced some kind of trauma in his past and is completely ashamed of his body. He is also kind of asexual, so he isn't in a hurry to move things along with Laurence. Laurence is frustrated, but tries desperately to be patient so that he doesn't scare Quentin away. On
Seiran
This book is the second in the series, and had a lot more going on than the first book; and it's a great read. I do have to admit that the beginning did start off a bit slowly for me, but quickly moved up to speed with plenty of mystery and intrigue. Also the reader get to see the advancement of Quentin and Laurence's physical relationship. Also, I felt the author did a great job of allowing the reader to feel the sexual tension between these two lovers, Quentin and Laurence

Overall, I'm really l
Suzun
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of triggers!!

This is my second time reading this one and I just love the writing. Quentin especially is such a wonderful character. I like Laurence too but Quentin is special. He’s so charming and insecure and such a snob without realizing it.

I don’t normally go for paranormal stuff but the writing in this series is top notch. I finally got the sixth book and couldn’t remember exactly where things left of so decided to read the whole series over. I’m so delighted that I did. I love it as m
« previous 1 3 next »

• Thorns and Fangs (Thorns and Fangs, #1)
  • Fallow (Whyborne & Griffin, #8)
  • Moondrop
  • Truth and Consequences (The Sixth Sense #3)
  • Charmed and Dangerous
  • Tinsel Fish (Tyack & Frayne, #2)
  • Ghosts in the Wind
  • Familiar Angel (Familiar Love #1)
  • Community Service (Broken Mirrors, #3)
  • Tracefinder: Contact (Tracefinder, #1)
  • Interlude with Tattoos (A Charm of Magpies, #1.5)
  • Impact Ripples
  • Closer (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #4)
  • Striker (The Valespian Pact #2)
  • How to Walk like a Man (Howl at the Moon #2)
  • The Lost Weekend (Infected #7.5)
Amelia Faulkner was born in Thame, Oxfordshire, and sprouted upward in short order. The ground around Thame is reasonably mucky, especially in the winter, and she can’t be blamed for wanting to get away from it.

Raised on a steady diet of Star Trek and Doctor Who, Amelia stood no chance in not becoming a grade-A geek. She has sat on the board of the British Fantasy Society, contributed fiction and

Inheritance (6 books)
  • Jack of Thorns (Inheritance, #1)
  • Lord of Ravens (Inheritance, #3)
  • Reeve of Veils (Inheritance, #4)
  • Page of Tricks (Inheritance, #5)
  • Rites of Winter (Inheritance Book 6)