Start by marking “Not Quite Alive (Lowcountry Mysteries #8)” as Want to Read:
Not Quite Alive (Lowcountry Mysteries #8)

Not Quite Alive

(Lowcountry Mysteries #8)

Graciela Harper is starting to realize that life would not be the same in Heron Creek without at least one mystery dogging her heels, and with her father’s family secrets slowly coming to light, she’s certainly not short on them.

What she doesn’t count on is the revelation - both from her old outlaw friend Clete Raynard and the Heron Creek PD - that someone is out to get
Published October 11th 2016 by Author Published

To ask other readers questions about Not Quite Alive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Quite Alive

Start your review of Not Quite Alive (Lowcountry Mysteries #8)
Cora Tower
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
OMG - what a cliffhanger! I can't wait until the next book comes out in January!
Jamie Davis
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mysteries, and Ghosts, and Surprises, OH MY!

This book, y’all. The lingering book hangover has yet to ease, and I suspect it won’t until Lyla gives us the next book. As much as I love ALL of the Lowcountry books, I think this one is my favorite. It was such a wild ride all the way to the very end.

As usual, Lyla delivered enough mystery, angst, Gracie-style humor, and excitement to keep me turning pages until I stumbled onto the last page and yelled, “NOOOO!” because I just wasn’t ready for it to
Erin
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So many feels

This series remains one of my all time favorites!! Lyla has done it once again; she has a gift of keeping you so wrapped up in her writing that you don't want to put her books down. I will say that I have a love/hate relationship with this book...it gave me so many feels....so much sadness, so much angst and uncertainty and tears too. My heart was hurting so hard for Graciela, she just can't seem to catch much of a break....As usual, in this book she finds herself in a heap of troub
Mary
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Poor Gracie. Her life is one crap storm after another. Will she ever catch a break? Will anything ever work out for her? And who is after her? I just want her to be happy and I'd really like to have at least a few of the outstanding issues resolved. There's a lot going on and not much was resolved which makes me anxious to move on to the next book. The author sure knows how to keep me coming back for more.
April
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love these books but living in Charleston and reading about all the history here and it being right on track with the ghost of this area really makes it more intriguing. The characters in this book come to life and before you know it you're sucked in and can't get enough of their story. You want to root for Gracie, she's made me laugh and cry! I hope there is more to come in this series.
Sandra Lancaster
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OH WOW!! Not Quite Alive is another fan-freaking-tastic book in this series. I went through so many emotions. There were definitely some things that I didn't see coming at all. Loved it and need more asap.

Everyone needs to read this series!!!
Debbie Stephens
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great book in this series. Poor Graceila, when it rains it pours. Her whole life is getting turned upside down in this book. So glad the next book in this series is already released so I can jump right into it.
April
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Beatrice
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best yet

I don't know how much more I can take. I love this series but the cliffhangers are killing me! When will Gracieella get a break???!!!
Iza Brekilien
I read Not quite mine on a sunday and, since I had a whole week-end all to myself, started Not quite alive at the very second I finished it. And devoured it.
Ah ha, things are changing ! I'm not spoiling, but hey, major changes in different areas ! And that thing that happens to Gracie ? Well, not to her, but she's involved (of course, when is she not). How will she get out of that situation ? And how will things proceed between... hem. Not saying more, not spoiling, nope.
Anyway, I can't stress e
Jacquelyn
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment for Graciela Harper! Not Quite Alive may be my favorite book in the series so far...What's the deal with Gracie's father?! And when will we know about the mysterious Lucy?! And when are we finally going to meet Jack?!! Well folks, this book is the answer.

Payne's writing is still top notch and the story continues to be captivating. Theres a new angle involving Gracie's ancestors' journals that may help her learn about her abilities. With cryptic messages from her father
Cindy Mathis
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series! I've had Not Quite Alive sitting in my Kindle library since it came out, and have read on it off and on because...life. I picked it up again and wasn't able to put it down! I'm so glad I waited because there's a cliffhanger, so I get to find out what happens next in just a couple of days when Not Quite Free releases.

This installment of Gracie and the goings on in Heron Creek is the most emotional one yet. I can't say much that won't be a spoiler, but buckle up and
Brandy Barber
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a story.

I can't wait for the next book. I have a list of guilty people I myself would like to question. I wish Gracie had the happiness she seeks. I know she had people that are in her circle but for one reason or other they all have someone else. I am looking forward to the next book.
Ashlee Lau
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story is an amazing way to bridge the story arc from Momma Lottie into what is sure to be an exciting, complicated and emotional move into finally getting Gracie some answers about her family. As always Lyla's writing is superb, her ability to weave an engaging and captivating story with a plot that will leave you guessing (even 8 books in) is something that will keep you coming back for more.
Heather
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. So much happened in this book that I am still processing everything. What a whirlwind!

By the end of this book, I'm not sure who to trust. There are so many questions - there were some answers too - but so many more questions. I do not want to give spoilers, so I'm just going to say that this was one of the most exciting, heartbreaking, and heartwarming books in this series. Lyla Payne has done it again.

Seriously, if you love Graciela, don't miss this book!
Barbara
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First of the series I've rated 5 stars. My only complaint with this one was the cliffhanger ending - what a place to stop! I've already ordered the 9th book. Looking forward to finding out what happens next.
Sarah German
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

One of my favorite series! Love Graciela and her mysteries! Can't wait for the next in the series and to learn more about her father's family line!
Charlotte Chadwick
Dec 13, 2016
Madison
Apr 07, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Cajun Fried Felony (Miss Fortune Mystery #15)
  • Hell in a Handbasket (Rose Gardner Investigations, #3)
  • Come Rain or Shine (Rose Gardner Investigations #5)
  • Up Shute Creek (Rose Gardner Investigations, #4)
  • When the Bough Breaks (Rose Gardner Investigations #6)
  • The Monster Museum (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #10)
  • Dirty Money (Neely Kate Mystery #3)
  • Fortune Furlough (Miss Fortune Mystery #14)
  • Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
  • Her Scream in the Silence (Carly Moore #2)
  • In High Cotton (Neely Kate Mystery #2)
  • Murder in the Manor (A Lacey Doyle Cozy Mystery #1)
  • The Wedding Catch (The Wedding Whisperer Book 2)
  • Curtain Call (Magnolia Steele Mystery #4)
  • The Wedding Charm (The Wedding Whisperer, #1)
  • Jeopardy in January (Calendar Mysteries #1)
  • Death and a Dog (A Lacey Doyle Cozy Mystery #2)
  • A Cry in the Dark (Carly Moore #1)
I've been publishing New Adult romance novels for a little over a year, starting with Broken at Love and continuing with the rest of the Whitman University series. I adore telling stories, discovering the little reasons people fall in love, and uncovering hidden truths in the world around us – past and present.

In my spare time I cuddle my two dogs, pretend to enjoy exercising so that I can eat as

Lowcountry Mysteries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Not Quite Dead (Lowcountry Mysteries, #1)
  • Not Quite Cold (Lowcountry Mysteries, #2)
  • Not Quite True  (Lowcountry Mysteries, #3)
  • Not Quite Gone (Lowcountry Mysteries, #4)
  • Not Quite Clear (A Lowcountry Mystery, #5)
  • Not Quite Right (Lowcountry Mysteries #6)
  • Not Quite Mine (Lowcountry Mysteries #7)
  • Not Quite Free (Lowcountry Mysteries #9)
  • Not Quite Fixed (Lowcountry Mysteries #10)
  • Not Quite Settled (Lowcountry Mysteries #11)

News & Interviews

“Maybe everything that affects us in life is that way. We smooth over the damage, cover up the scars, but the memories are there, still attached to whatever was hurt in the process.” 0 likes
“The beginning is the very best place to start. Julie Andrews said so, and she is a literal goddess.” 0 likes