Start by marking “Dark Surrender (The Dark Ones Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dark Surrender (The Dark Ones Saga, #3)

Dark Surrender

(The Dark Ones Saga #3)

I grew up as a prince...
And lead the life of a King.
There isn't anyone or anything that doesn't want me, that isn't attracted to me. They can't help it. And I sure as hell don't want them to. I live for their lust, I crave touch like an addiction, I make them beg on their knees for one, simple, caress.
As a male siren it's my job to feed off emotion.
And I was happy to do it
Published December 12th 2016

Liz
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
"It felt like he was devouring my soul."
description

Dark Surrender is the third book in the The Dark Ones Saga. You can absolutely read this as a stand-alone. However, be forewarned I was so enraptured by the characters in this fantastical world that I immediately purchased book one and book two so that I could soak in the entire spectrum of the characters and romance from the whole series.
description
"He drank me. This wasn't kissing. My entire body clenched as his lips molded around mine, sucking, plundering as h
Sabrina
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Dark Surrender was the biggest heart-pounding story of this series for me. I was left wondering about so much and had a ton of questions that I was dying to get the answers to throughout the book. I loved that it had me captivated even more than The Dark Ones did. And that's saying a lot because that book was insanely intriguing.

Alex was kind of an unknown character for me since I felt like we didn't really learn a ton about him in the previous books. I liked t
Jilly

Alex is a Siren and has been pretty hilarious in the past books. I was expecting his story to have tons of comedy hi-jinx. It was supposed to be a side-splitter. This is the guy who was giddy over putting a guy in their dungeon so he could post pictures on Instagram. He was chanting "dungeon, dungeon, dungeon" while doing it. That's fun, dammit!!

It isn't work if you love what you do.

But, in this book, his own book, he sucks. He's a moody ass. And, an UNfunny moody ass. I could have handled a lit
Princess under cover
This one was 3.5 rounded to 4, might decide to take down to 3 by end of review let’s see...

I’ve always liked Alex’s humor and snark. It started out pretty well, fast and snappy as usual. I still don’t like the convoluted back stories but there’s not as much in this one. I also don’t like the author wasting my $ by writing one-word sentences for like pages and pages out of a not so long book!

Write damn it! And edit! OK taking down to 3 stars.

There were more sexy times. What one would expect in a
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alex *le sigh*
need I say more <3

IT'S LIVE!!!
Dark Surrender by Rachel Van Dyken is LIVE!!! If you love paranormal reads - sirens, vampires, and werewolves (OH MY!) you will absolutely LOVE this new book! And it's only $1.99!!!
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2hkcws3
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Title: Dark Surrender
Author: Rachel Van Dyken
Category: Paranormal Romance
Series or Standalone: Part of a series but works as a standalone too
POV: Various PoVs
Plot: 4
Characters: 4
HEA: Not telling

Loved it!!! Alex & Hope almost melted my Kindle!!!
I love how Rachel Van Dyken can switch genres so easily!! With this book we enter the world of the Dark Ones and we learn more about Alex, the seductive Siren.
What Alex must do is choose a mate but he never expected Hope to be one of the candidates.
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
So I find myself surprised that I didn't love Alexander's story as much as the previous books. Things are moving fast for the immortals and that urgency played a. it too much into Alex and Hope's story so I lost the love connection that was needed. This was a HOT tale...temperature and tone...it was a lust filled need for survival for Alex and his little Elf but it was hard to see the mating as anything emotional as they were thrown together and boom...kinda married and not even really liking on ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
3.5 – 4 Stars

I’m on a paranormal binge. It’s been awhile since I’ve read a Rachel Van Dyken read and I figured, why not continue The Dark Ones series.

You can sort of read the books out of order, but there’s too many things that go on, I highly advise you to go against that. Not like typical paranormal romance book, this series is about a different creature for each book.

Book 1 – Is about a Vampire (so far it’s been my favorite one)
Book 2 – is about an angel. He was my favorite character, but sa
Corina
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

4 stars

Dark Surrender by Rachel Van Dyken is the third book in The Dark Ones series.

The paranormal genre is by far one of the most interesting. And Dark Surrender had it all in spades. Angles, demons, vampire, werewolves, and elves, mingled, loved, and fought for each other.

The main hero Alexander, the last remaining siren, pretty much sex on two legs, had to mate to achieve his fullest potential and power. Unfortunately or fortunately for him the choice came down to three humans.

Enter Hope, a b
Red Cheeks Reads
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
‘This is what happened when you went to work early. You get sucked into weird immortal mating rituals.’

This series is quickly becoming a favorite of mine amongst Rachel’s book. It has it all. A bit dark, a lot funny, plenty sexy and characters that completely suck you in. Everything about Dark Surrender was a win for me. Going in I was unsure how Rachel would make me love Alex, the siren. But she completely succeeded and with a beautiful complex story to boot.

‘I was picking a fight with a man
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
I'm really not feeling this book. I picked it on whim when I saw some really great reviews--and I thought Okay. Let's see what it's all about.... Funny thing is I actually put off the second book because the first one didn't really stick with me but I was really hoping this one would work for me because MALE siren... Hello.

The first of the book is actually good, I genuinely enjoyed it. I loved the funny banter between Alex and Hope. Those two got me giggling alone in bed when I was supposed
Courtney
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My friend, Christine, said it best when it comes to Alex. "Le Sigh."

Dark Surrender is Alex's story. He's the next immortal that needs to be mated in order for them to reach their full strength. If you've read the previous books, you will know that he volunteered himself so Mason could still mourn his mate. As Alex would call it - " It's the Immortal version of the Hunger Games." HAHA

Alex has to choose a human as his mate, as do all immortals. But he's a siren so choosing a mate and being able
Akd
**4.25 'Forgotten' Stars**

***And now she was gone.
My chest felt hollow.
I ached everywhere.
I burned.
***

Any book from Rachel Van Dyken has me jumping up and down.

Attraction is the main word for this book.

Secrets were the reason l was so enraptured.

And power is the answer to all problems.

First of all, I rated this book 4.25 stars, not because it wasn't amazing, but, because it became, pratically, with the same essence as the other two books.

We, finally, are awarded with Alex's book. The o
Naughty Mom Story Time
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series just get better and better. I'm ready for Mason's story now!!!

Alex was the comic relief of the group. As a siren he has sex on the brain 24/7, I never would have imagined his story would disclose so much destiny and potential he had awaiting him, and the peculiar human he has to ate with that can resist his charm was as equally charged with a destiny just a great as his!

Superb storytelling of a fantastical world where archangels, vampires, werewolves and sirens make up one happy, dys
Shazy
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it
3 siren stars

Disappointed, could have been better.
Amy
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
He tasted like rain, like water–life. I couldn’t kiss him hard enough, or get close enough.”

If you’ve been following this series for a while, you’re probably like me and have just been dying to get your hands on Alex’s story. Alex captured my interest from the very first moment his character was introduced, and I have to tell you, Alex’s story was everything that I needed it to be.

In Dark Surrender, we finally get Alex’s story. A war is coming and there is only one way to stop it. So, Alex decid
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo Untitled_zps8d3b2lwk.png

Dark Surrender is the third installment in the Dark Ones Saga and this time, the much anticipated story of Alex has arrived. Alex is a siren and not just any typical siren but he is a powerful one. He loves sex and looking for a place to belong. And so what happens when this siren falls hard and must surrender to his feelings for the one woman that he tries to distance himself from. Can a man who feeds and lives off on sex surrender his fee
David Maher
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark Surrender, the third in a series of interrelated standalone paranormal novels by Rachel Van Dyken started off in a manner that I didn't expect. One of the main characters, Alex, a male Siren would be known to readers of the first two books in the series, but his origins were never explored in them, and what we get in the prologue was at the same time fitting, developing the back story to a character and fleshing him out into a more complex and nuanced individual than the somewhat superficia ...more
Rachel
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it

Alex must mate in order to ensure that Mason has more time to grieve, but Alex is not looking forward to tying himself to one weak human for the next few hundred years. His appetite is bigger than one human can satisfy, has ever been able to satisfy, and as a siren who feeds off emotion, getting too close to humans can spell death for the human.

Hope thought she would get to work early to prove her worth. Gardening for the Immortals would be a much easier job if she had a green thumb at
J.E. Benoit
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on behalf of The Book Boyfriend Addict (www.bookboyfriendaddict.com). A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Nothing could have prepared me for her taste.
Or the hunger that it stirred in me, until it was too late.

In order to be as strong as possible for the upcoming war, it is imperative that the members of the Immortal Council mate. Ethan and Cassius have already found theirs, so that just leaves Alex, the siren and Mason, the werewolf to find theirs. With
Wit & Wonder Books
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review**

Absolutely love this series! 'Dark Surrender' by Rachel Van Dyken is the third book in The Dark Ones series and they just keep getting better and better! Rachel is one of my all time favorite authors and when I found out she had this paranormal series, I was all over it. Imagine my excitement when I was told I get to review this new one... Totally ecstatic!!

Alex is one of the strongest of the dark ones, but just doesn't know how strong yet.
Yi Le
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This is the third book in The Dark Ones Saga. I personally wouldn’t recommend reading this as a standalone, as there is a bigger plot connecting all the books in this series.

Alexander is one of the most powerful sirens to have ever been born. He can literally attract anyone with his power, and even houseplants can’t resist him. Content in his wandering ways, he’s recently been ordered to find a mate for himself. War is coming, and the immortals can only be at their strongest with their mates at
Livia
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: PNR fans
Recommended to Livia by: Rachel Van Dyken
‘Sex with Alex had been out of this world.
Making love with Alex – was going to alter my world.
Then again, that was what love did, wasn’t it?’ ಌ Hope

Minor spoilers alert!!!

The Immortals gang rally around Alex as he and Hope, his half-human and half-elf mate, try to figure out why they seem so familiar to each other and if any of their attraction goes beyond the irresistible sway Alex’s siren abilities have on any living thing. On top of that, there's the ongoing dark versus light war to deal wit
Jenna
Nov 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorite-authors, arc
3.5 stars!!

I've been waiting for forever for Alex's story and while I enjoyed it, I found I didn't really connect with anyone in the story.

Alex is a siren and because of that he needs sex and is able to seduce anyone and anything. But that also makes him cocky and narcissistic. There is a war beginning with the Immortals and finding their mate is the only thing that will make them stronger, but Alex craves sex and finding a mate means being faithful to one person, forever. Faithful to a weak hu
HeatherP
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
I'm so glad Alex was next to get his own book. Besides Cassius's story the one I wanted to read was Alex. He had that full of life vibe to him and I couldn't wait to get more. Now Rachel has me wanting more Mason! There is a scene in here that surprised me and was super hot! Oh and now there is Timber, I could totally go for some more of him as well.

I love the family feeling that the group has now. I like that the group has become closer and that they are now fighting together. There is a littl
Nancy Metsch
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!
I honestly don't know if I have the words to give this book justice. Rachel took paranormal and made it even better. Humor mixed with sarcasm and some anger and you have the perfect book.
I have read vampire and werewolf books, but a siren is a whole different creature.
Alex swept me off my feet. Self proclaimed lover not fighter, he had the fight of him immortal life.
he wasn't over romantic, in fact he wasn't romantic at all. The guy was sex on a stick and he knew it. Enter Hope,
Clare
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh this was mine blowing, I loved it, This series is very different from what Rachel normally writes, It's a little dark and more dirty talk lol but one thing she always has in her books is humor, Many parts of this made me laugh out loud. Alex and Hope's story was one that starts a long time ago, Rachel's done an amazing job weaving there story. loved this from the start.
Huseina
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved it...!! Again an awesome story by Rachel.. Its like she can write whichever genre she sets her mind to.. I loved how each and every immortal being and their powers were explained,.. Also, it was lovely to read about Alex and Hope...

Worth Reading...!! Can't wait for Mason's story to be out...
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

When I saw that Dark Surrender was on my kindle the scream of happiness had my family rolling their eyes because they knew I had just gotten an ARC I had been desperately waiting for. I have wanted Alex’s book since we first met him in The Dark Ones and while I have loved the other books I LOVED Dark Surrender. I had a feeling that this one was going to show a side of Alex we never even dreamed of and I was right

• Blood Enchantment (Blood, #6)
  • Angel of Fear (The Third Throne, #4)
  • The Kodiak Clan (Laid Bear, #2)
  • Once Upon a Christmas Carol
  • In the Arms of the Dark Elf
  • Carnival
  • Dragonfly Creek (Firefly Hollow, #3)
  • Anton's Grace (Braxians #1)
  • The Spellbound Spirit (The Curious Collectibles #2)
  • GRINGA - In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug-Lord (#4)
  • The Claiming
  • Alma's Mail Order Husband (Texas Brides #1)
  • An Earl Like No Other
  • Dragon Sass (Sassy Ever After)
  • Love in the Rockies (McKinnie Mail Order Brides, #2)
  • Brianna (Mail-Order Brides Club #4)
  • Origin (Sector One) (The Othala Witch Collection)
  • The Gathering (Arianna Rose, #3)
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

The Dark Ones Saga (4 books)
  • The Dark Ones (The Dark Ones Saga, #1)
  • Untouchable Darkness (The Dark Ones Saga, #2)
  • Darkest Temptation (The Dark Ones Saga, #4)
“I think…” Mason grinned at me then put a hand on my back. “That Alex is completely screwed.” He eyed her appreciatively. “And you’re absolutely breathtaking. If you were my female, I would bring you the largest cow I could find and cover you with fur.” “Oh,” 0 likes
“You can smell their lust — it is awakening your own need to mate.” “So you’re saying…” I clenched my fist. “That in a messed up way, Alex is turning me on?” Cassius” 0 likes