Start by marking “Out of the Tower (The Charming Fairy Tales #1)” as Want to Read:
Out of the Tower (The Charming Fairy Tales #1)

Out of the Tower (The Charming Fairy Tales #1)

Getting her out cost him time, but will it cost him his heart as well?

The Charming Fairy Tales, Book 1

Nobleman Nick von Hohburg stumbles on a girl—an angel--singing high in a tower.

A prisoner, trapped not only by her cruel mother, but by the long golden hair she has to braid and care for.

Her beauty astounds him, her fresh mind intrigues him.

But he also sees her prison,
Published September 15th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Tower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Tower

Start your review of Out of the Tower (The Charming Fairy Tales #1)
Elsbeth
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not 1 Prince Charming, but 3 Charming Nobles. A sister, annoying to her brother, a friend to Rapunzel.
This is a lovely, sweet and sexy version of Rapunzel. More elaborate and more human than the original.
I loved the interaction between the 3 Charming Nobles and Kiki. I'm really glad that Candice Gilmer promises to give them their own stories! And there are a few hints at the end of this book about how one of those might go...
Great book!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
LMR
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers 18+ Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Booksprout
Out of the Tower (The Charming Fairy Tales #1) by Candice Gilmer Out of the Tower By:Candice Gilmer
Twisted & Tangled Rapunzel!
She's trapped in a tower, abused by the one person who's supposed to protect her; he's outside looking in & wanting to rescue her...
Will she allow him to rescue her or will she cling to the only safety she's ever know?!
This is one wild ride with lots of twists & turns; it's sure to please, & definitely won't disappoint!! There's HOT, Se*y times balanced with a compelling story that'll suck you right in & keep
Shannon
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An adult version of Rapunzel! I loved it!! I can't wait to see what else Ms. Gilmer does! It has all the trademark fairy tale stuff but with an adult twist that will keep you turning the pages to see how it unfolds! I definitely recommend this to my friends and any adult fairy tale readers!! You will not be disappointed!

Kitty_ranma
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure
Lots of hair.
A great beginning for a series.
I can't wait for more of this, I want to say more about this story but I absolutely hate spoilers, so I won't go into details.
Reasons I enjoyed this book:
Happily Ever After, Romantic, Wonderful characters, Page-turner, Great world building, Easy-to-read, Entertaining.
Brittany
This book was recommended to me by an author friend and I wanted to give it a shot. This is a retelling of the story Rapunzel. I really enjoyed the beginning of this. It was really well done. Then it kind of went down hill from there. I just did not love Rapunzel's personality in the end. She was a real spoiled brat at the end and her Duke was just a jerk. I found myself turned off by them by the end of the book.
Tanya
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
all she knows is her life in the tower and that the world outside of it is evil and dangerous. she would love to feel the grass under her feet. then a boy comes along and tells her things which are so different from what her mother told her. what will she do now? see if she will take a chance

Stacey
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Our heroine has lived a secluded life with an abusive mother. When her salvation appears in the form of a handsome Lord, will she find the courage to seek a new life and love? Enjoyable, adult take on a classic fairytale. Looking forward to reading more from this author.

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a wonderful love story. I enjoyed it very much. The storyline was spot on and was well executed. I recommend it.

Hanna
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an awesome retelling of the old fairytale of Rapunzel, with a fantasy edge and lots of great dialogue. I really enjoyed this story and look forward to more from this author.

Suzanne Withers
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An awesome and sexy retelling of the fairy tale Rapunzel as she interacts with Nicholas. There are many twists and turns, secrets and unexpected surprises that will keep your attention and enjoying this tale.

I received a copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Karen
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an adult version fairytale romance of Rapunzel. It is passionate, with twists and turns. The characters are intriguing and well developed. I liked reading this book.
Valerie
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
We have another retelling of a fairy tale. Rapunzel has been kept in a tower by her Mother. Her Mother has told her about the war, robbers and killers running around to keep her safe. Rapunzel lives a very lonely life filled with abuse also.
Lord Nicolas Von Hohburg was out riding in the Black forest when he notices the tower and the woman in it. He wonders why and how she got there. He comes back again and hears someone with her also the sounds of slapping. Nick decides to find away to get her
Sherill
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

A FAIRY TALE THAT SIZZLES

A titillating grown-up fairy tale that transports you into the world of Dukes, Lords, and Princesses. While out riding in the Black Forest to get away from his responsibilities Lord Nicolas von Hohburg stumbles upon a tower. He is shocked to see a stunning blonde beauty who sings like an angel in the tower with no door. A few hurdles to conquer and a life-threatening moment occur before this story gets to the happy ever after.

Rapunzel has been living in a tower that is
Kim
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t sure what to fully expect with Out of the Tower. I’m going to honest – I’m not a fan of the historical genre. I think I read too many at a younger age and grew out of them. So, even though I have loved everything else that this author has released, I was prepared to not fully enjoy this one. Boy, did she shock me with how well done this story was!
Rapunzel has been living in her tower under her mother’s protection. Lord Nicolas von Hohburg finds the tower in the woods after hearing the
Amber Carpenter
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
loved this new retelling of the classic Rapunzel fairy tale the characters were great and i cant wait for book two to come out in January the only real flaws i can think of is the measurements whats 20 elle's? and how wasn't the tower found before it wasn't really explained but over all i really enjoyed it and am looking forward to her retelling of Cinderella and what twists she'll put in that tale
Kristina Wolfinger
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked this book. It tells the fairy tale of rapunzel in a whole new light. Candice is telling the story really good with some unexpected turns.
Sometimes the story drags on a bit, but I enjoyed it none the less.
If you like a good fairy tale, you love this book!
Denise Mcnamara
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This a grownup Rapunzel, prince charming book and it's a must read. I was glued to the pages as Nick found, charmed and fell in love with Rapunzel. This book has danger, suspence, loyalty and some hot sexy love scenes. I was gifted this book for an honest review and I loved it
Caroline
Jan 16, 2020
Amery F.
Nov 09, 2018
Candice Gilmer
Aug 29, 2016 marked it as books-by-candice-gilmer  ·  (Review from the author)
Felicity Ortiz
Joy
Mar 04, 2018
Siren
May 18, 2018

• Lily Lawless: Desperate Damsel (The Western Star Dime Novel Series Book 1)
  • The Wrong Heiress for Christmas (Matchmaking for Wallflowers, #6)
  • Cinderella and the Colonel (Timeless Fairy Tales, #3)
  • A Grosvenor Square Christmas
  • Their Royal Ash (Once Upon a Harem #4)
  • Monticello: The History of Thomas Jefferson's Famous Estate
  • Frozen In Time
  • The Phantom Rickshaw
  • Against the Left: A Rothbardian Libertarianism
  • How to Let God Help You
  • A Bride For Christmas (Regency Christmas Brides, #1)
  • American Legends: The Life of Montgomery Clift
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Enamored (Accidental Billionaires #3)
  • The Bluffer's Guide to Rugby (Bluffer's Guides)
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands #4)
  • The Secret of the Long-Lost Cousin (Can You Solve the Mystery #1)
  • Pickpocket's Apprentice (John Pickett Mysteries, #0.5)
USA Today and NY Times bestselling author Candice Gilmer leads a dangerous double life as a mommy and a writer. In between boo-boo healing and fixing broken toys, she writes stories usually to the tune of children's television shows.

Growing up in the Midwest, Candice stays close to her family, especially the ones with basements when the tornadoes come around.

All in all, she stays very busy, but