Start by marking “Luca (Ruin & Revenge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Luca (Ruin & Revenge, #2)

Luca

(Ruin & Revenge #2)

Luca Rizzoli was nearly destroyed by a brutal betrayal that cost him his family. Now a ruthless crime boss in the city of sin, he lets nothing touch his frozen heart--until a smoldering encounter with a beautiful stranger ignites his passion. One night isn't enough for a man who takes what he wants, but his mysterious temptress has slipped away.

For two years police detecti
Mass Market Paperback, 362 pages
Published June 27th 2017 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Luca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luca

Start your review of Luca (Ruin & Revenge, #2)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3.5 Stars
There was something wild beneath the surface that his suit couldn’t hide. He had the cocky arrogance of a man who broke the rules with impunity. A man who feared nothing. A very, very dangerous man.

I was instantly sucked into the world of Ruin & Revenge when I read Nico. I was hooked, line and sinker, on these mafia bad boys. The author spares no details with he grittiness of her stories. These are not your fluffy mafia guys that you know are bad but never see their bad sid
✰ Liz ✰
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, maffia-love
"Born to seduce. Raised to seduce. Live to seduce."
description

Luca is the second book in the Ruin & Revenge series. The Italian Mob family is back and with Nico Toscani as the boss, Luca has taken his rightful place in the kingdom by his side.

description
"Men like him didn't give heated looks to women like her."
Luca is a senior mafia capo under Nico. After pledging his loyalty to his best friend and boss, Luca has suffered a bullet injury and is currently laid up in the hospital healing from his wounds. Whil
Eve (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionI actually LOVE this cover. It's hot and a very good representation of the hero (LUCA). It has good composition and eye-catching title work.description

descriptionAfter reading and LOVING book one in this series (NICO), I was super excited to get my hands on this one. Unfortunately, it failed to live up to the greatness of its predecessor. I found this one to be just SO slow and long winded. It felt like the book that never ends. Every chapter devoted to Paola could have been dropped without it affecting the storyli
Deborah
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it

3.5*

Having loved the previous book Nico I was looking forward to starting this.

Luca I loved (along with Matteo and Max) yes he was a man-whore at the beginning but that changed when he met his Angel (Gabrielle) and he was prepared to give up everything for her. I always love that in a H.
Gabrielle however I could take or leave, at times I liked her at others she annoyed me.

My main issue (and this was my only issue with the previous book as well) was how obvious it was early on who the villain was
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, mafia
It's been awhile since I read the first book but it started to come back to me who Luca was. He's quite the playboy charmer and I'll admit, I wasn't sure I was going to like him. He goes through woman like candy, but when Gabrielle snagged his attention I liked what I saw.

Luca was still too much of the charmer at first but the more he was around Gabrielle the more possessive he became and there was no other woman. As independent as I am, I couldn't help but love his view on how to care for "his
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Great second book. It just seemed to take a really long time to get any where except for them hooking up. Lots of drama, wise-guy action, and hot sex. Very sweet epilogue.
Malene
This mafia series is a wonderful surprise. First Nico and now Luca. This time it’s the survivor and strong police detective Gabrielle who can’t resist the dominant and sexy mafia capo Luca. What I enjoy about this series is the mature characters and what they struggle with. Gabrielle has lost her husband and now seeks revenge. Her husband’s murderer is the same Luca and his crew are after.
Luca can be ruthless when his work needs it. Killing people. The other side of him is where his heart is. F
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Oh I just loved this!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book was so much more than what I expected. I loved the story and all of the twists the author put in to it. I adored Luca! He is just perfect! So swoon worthy! And the ending is fabulous too!

Sarah Castile has a winner on her hands with this story! Plenty of off the charts steam and deliciousness to go around. If you love mafia style hot reads, this one is the one to grab!

*copy rec'd for review consideration
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Re-read 5/15/2018 Still loved it!

“You don’t get guys like that out of your system. They ruin you for all other men.

OMG! Still on a book high after reading LUCA!!

Sarah Castille did it again! Another sexy mobster romance with humor, heat and heart!!

Gabrielle has thought of nothing but revenge for the last two years. The only goal she has in life is to bring down Jose Gomez Garcia, one of the biggest drug lords on the West Coast. When a drug bust goes wrong and she’s ambushed, Gabrielle
Carvanz

Luca is a great possessive alpha hero and Gabrielle is a strong, independent heroine.

Secondary characters really added to this story, especially Paulo’s and Luca’s mom – couldn’t get enough of her and my heart just broke for him.

Tons of steamy sex.

Plenty of internal dialogue if that’s your thing – it’s not for me.

Slow, steady pace.

An unsurprising twist.

Told in dual POV along with Paulo’s

Safe in that Luca doesn’t sleep with anyone else after meeting Gabby.

Other than violence, no appar
Beth
Strong, passionate and deeply focused both Luca and Gabrielle had goals that seemed inflexible UNTIL they both ended up on the wrong end of a gun.

LUCA was an engrossing mafia based romance with heart. I found the characters well developed and extremely likable. The romance was smoldering from the start and exploded into a blazing inferno.

Solid 4.5 stars

My Rating 4.5 stars
Written by: Sarah Castille
Series: Ruin & Revenge (Book 2)
Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
En
Elfina Renee
I fell for Luca hook line and sinker....ahhhh I'm so ready to find my badass mafia man! And I know which one to order hahahahha. Thrilling read, slightly predictable but damn good storyline, can't wait for the next!
Lover of Romance
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

Luca is a book I have been anxiously anticipating ever since book one "Nico" was released last year. And just like the first book, I was hooked from the first paragraph. I honestly couldn't put this book down, and man I love finding an author that can just reel me into a story like Sarah Castille does for me. She never lets me down, and Luca was sexy and dangerous fun and definitely put me through the ringer with this book. So lets get to w
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Luca by Sarah Castille was a boatload of deliciousness. I can’t believe I waited so long to read this book, having read and enjoyed the first book four years ago.

This book hooked me from the start, and putting it down was a difficult task. Every chance I got I made sure I was listening to this dark, edgy, and forbidden romance.

The story began with Gabrielle Fawkes, who had been shot while working on a case, which involved capturing the drug kingpin who murdered her husband. The outcome of her ge
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Book Review For: 'Luca' by Sarah Castille 'Luca' by Sarah Castille is Book Two in the "Ruin & Revenge" series. This is the story of Gabrielle Fawkes and Luca Rizzoli. I have read the previous book but I feel this can be a standalone book if you wish to do so. Gabrielle is a detective that is looking into activities in a drug cartel along with avenging her husbands death. Luca is in a crime family and a ladies man. But these two finding their attraction to hard to ignore. But can these two from t ...more
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Nico was one of my absolute reads of 2016. I had no reservations about slapping 5 stars on the review and singing Sarah Castille's praises to anyone who would listen. The book was absolutely everything I look for in a mafia romance--realistic, gritty, brutal, sexy, and emotive. Because of that, I immediately added Luca when I came across this second installment of the series. Unfortunately things didn't work out quite as planned.

While I enjoyed many aspects of the book, it didn't hold a candle t
Beth
This is the second book in the Ruin & Revenge series and I was worried I wouldn’t be as captivated as I was with the first book. I don’t know why I was worried, I wasn’t disappointed in this book at all! I really was so engrossed in this book that I lost all track of time! I loved it! Holy Moly was Luca HOT! When he spoke to Gabby in Italian, I literally swooned!

This is a forbidden love story between a mafia capo and a police detective. There are twists and turns, some very steamy scenes as Gab
Irene

Overall Luca by Sarah Castille was a good read.
The storyline was entertaining, the writing was well done and the plot kept me turning the pages.
Luca and Gabrielle were both strong, stubborn and passionate characters.

description

While I liked watching the relationship develop between Luca and Gabrielle I wish I had connected with them more. At times I struggled with some of the decisions they made and I feel this affected my overall enjoyment.

Luca is the second book from the Ruin & Revenge series, a
Casey
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG Loved this book! I had the honor of being a beta reader for Sarah on this amazing book and I cannot even begin to tell you how much I loved it! Luca and Gabrielle are fantastic and I might even love this one more than Nico! I am loving this series so much and can't wait for more!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

When I first started Luca, I seriously thought that I was reading Goodfellas, which I absolutely love. But, the further that I got into the story, the more that I knew that Ray Liotta was not Luca. Nope, Luca was hotter, stronger, meaner than Henry Hill in Goodfellas … now Al Pacino in The Godfather … yep, except Luca had no problem getting his hands dirty.

Luca was one of the most passionate, sexist men that I have read in a long time. He knew what he wanted, he didn’t stop until he got what he
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was such an intense and passionate world with these gritty characters that completely pull me in. I didn't want it to end and I couldn’t read it fast enough all at the same time. I held my breath and loved every second. Fantastic story!

Luca and Gabrielle were wonderful characters. They were extremely well developed with real depth and I loved that they came from completely opposite worlds. I loved their connection and chemistry. Luca was so completely alpha and I loved his protectiveness an
Shayna
I must say that Sarah Castille does Mafia Romances right! Gritty, emotional, intense, and powerful, LUCA had me HOOKED from the very start! I didn't know I was craving a gritty romance, until I started reading Luca and Gabrielle's story. These two are INTENSE together! A Mafia capo and a police detective...their professions should be enough to keep them away from each other, but the connection and the chemistry is just too powerful to deny. The storyline was enticing. The suspense was invigorati ...more
Marta Cox
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Four and a half
Well this author has written an engrossing story that really had me sitting up and paying attention and honestly I'm not really a fan of contemporary romance . Add in the idea of a strong Mafia family at war and this really shouldn't be my type of book but the romance, the hidden agendas , not to mention absorbing characters totally sucked me in.
It starts off well not exactly innocently as it's immediately obvious that Luca is never going to go quietly. A proud man with honour i
Lynsey A
(view spoiler) ...more
Elaine
When two people get shot in different incidents, they end up in the same hospital room. They know nothing about each other but the chemistry between them is steamy and their interactions build the tension. What happens when one of them proves to be an undercover cop investigating the crime mobs and the other is actually a crime boss? Can they develop their relationship without compromising their ethical beliefs? You’ll have to read it to discover what happens!

This is a real page turner with a st
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
ARCimage
I have always wanted to read Sarah Castille, so when I was given the opportunity to read Luca I couldn’t resist (even though I haven’t read the first novel of this series)! And I am so glad I did because this was a great read! It definitely can be read as a standalone, I didn’t feel like I was missing anything not having read the first novel.

Gabrielle Fawkes has been admitted to the hospital after being shot while she was seeking revenge on the job. For two years officer Gabrielle has been tr
Expresso
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I chose to “read” this story via audiobook. Aiden Snow has one of the sexiest voices in creation. I happily devoured Nico and Luca’s story through the incomparable Aiden Snow!

Luca is Mafia at its finest! Luca’s story reads like a mafia movie! Betrayal, intrigue, loyalty, dirty cops, all the very heart of mafia!

Although I absolutely love Luca and Gabriella, my heart is filled with little Mateo! Readers you’re gonna love this little guy! Palo definitely deserves accolades as well. He’s a good kid!
Christina
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 3 Flames

Have I mentioned how much I love the way this author writes? No? Well let me start by stating that I don't typically ready Mafia/Mobster books. It's not really my thing. But after I picked up the first installment in this series, Nico, I just HAD to know what was coming next. Why? Because this author has a way of telling multiple, separate, stories, and bringing them all together in an amazing climactic way.

If you haven't read the first book, Nico, don't worry. You can actuall
Dawn
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love reading mob books, always had a fascination about them, but theoretically incase any of you are thinking she's crazy! Clearly, I'm not the only one.

This is a really good book. It starts out great and kept me glued from page one to the end. Some of it is predictable but aren't most love stories. That being said, wow this one was a seriously funny, seriously serious book with crazy hot sex scenes and I could actually picture both Luca and Gabrielle in my head the descriptions throughout th
Timitra
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Luca is my first book by this author and I'll definitely be looking into reading more of her work since I enjoyed it so much. It was hot, drama filled, had some action and interesting characters.

ARC provided by author in exchange for a honest review

• Hetch (Men of S.W.A.T. #1)
  • Jagger (Caldwell Brothers, #3)
  • Grievous (Scarlet Scars, #2)
  • Menace (Scarlet Scars, #1)
  • Redemption Road (Vicious Cycle, #2)
  • Defying Her Mafioso (The Vitucci Mafiosos, #1)
  • Tease (Kings of Korruption MC #2)
  • Bound by Vengeance (Ravage MC Bound, #3)
  • Cuffed Kiss (Valetti Crime Family #4)
  • Vicious Cycle (Vicious Cycle, #1)
  • Outlaw's Kiss (Grizzlies MC #1)
  • Captivate Me (Ravage MC, #5)
  • The Bastard Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys, #3)
  • Contract Signed (Triggerman, Inc. #1)
  • The Billionaire Next Door (Billionaire Bad Boys #2)
  • Morrison (Caldwell Brothers, #2)
  • Bad Boss (Irresistible #2)
  • Last Kiss (Hitman, #3)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, Sarah Castille, writes contemporary erotic romance and romantic suspense featuring blazingly hot alpha heroes and the women who tame them. A recovering lawyer and caffeine addict, she worked and traveled abroad before trading her briefcase and stilettos for a handful of magic beans and a home near the Canadian Rockies.

Ruin & Revenge (3 books)
  • Nico (Ruin & Revenge, #1)
  • Rocco (Ruin & Revenge, #3)