Start by marking “The Frog Princess Returns (The Tales of the Frog Princess #9)” as Want to Read:
The Frog Princess Returns (The Tales of the Frog Princess #9)

The Frog Princess Returns (The Tales of the Frog Princess #9)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  134 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Fans of E. D. Baker's The Frog Princess, rejoice! Fifteen years after the original, Princess Emma, Prince Eadric, and all the beloved characters are back for another magical adventure from popular author E. D. Baker.

Two weeks after Emma's birthday, Prince Eadric -- having been turned from a frog into a human again -- is still in Greater Greensward. One day, a beautiful pri
Published June 6th 2017 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about The Frog Princess Returns, please sign up.
Louie Nope, this one The Frog Princess Returns takes place in between books 3 and 4, Once Upon A Curse and No Place For Magic.

Michelle
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Magic, witches, fairies, scheming future in-laws and a whole lot more! It’s good to be back in Greater Greensward! “The Frog Princess Returns” may not be a sequel, and this particular story happens between books 3 and 4, but this in no way diminishes the fun of this series. E.D. Baker continues to delight me with this new offering featuring Emma and Eadric with some familiar favorites, and new colorful characters. I think, more than anything, it’s the wonderful personalities she gives her charac ...more
Stephanie
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so amazing! I love this series so much!! It's my number one favorite series so of course this book didn't disappoint me :)
Shannon
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Not quite as good as the early books in the series, but Guinevere was super excited to have a new one. Still good overall, and a great series to enjoy together with my daughter.
Nani
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nostalgia
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good. This book takes place after Once Upon a Curse, so it's kind of like something that you can read before book four, or as the last book in the series. As long as you've read to book three, you'll understand it. They have to find the fairy queen. She's gone missing and all the contestants for the throne suck. One wants to totally break away from humans, one what to help humans more, and one wants to just leave everything alone and just let the trolls do what they want.
So yeah.
Really goo
Lenni Jones
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just last year, I decided that I liked the first Frog Princess book and needed the seven others. I spent over $40 just to get 7 books way below my reading level! And you know what? It was worth it!!! I LOVE the Frog Princess and was so happy to find out ANOTHER one was coming out.

During this installment, Emma and Eadric had to find the fairy queen because the fairy world was in chaos. The way everybody said all three candidates running for Fairy Queen were awful reminded me of the 2016 president
Kathy Martin
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emma and Eadric are adjusting to being true loves and planning their wedding when a couple of things get in their way.

First, lovely Princess Adara arrives from Lower Muckworthy and tries to steal Eadric away from Emma.

Second, the fairy queen has disappeared and those campaigning to be the new fairy queen are causing dissension among the fairies. Emma, Eadric, with tagalong Adara set off on an adventure to find the fairy queen and restore order to the fairies. They are also trying very hard to
Liz
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In The Frog Princess Returns, Princess Emma and the Frog Prince, Prince Eadric, are both human. They are engaged to be married and are very happy. Then one day, a princess from another land arrives in Prince Eadric’s family’s carriage. She claims to be Princess Emma’s long-lost cousin, but soon, she won’t leave Prince Eadric’s side.

Princess Emma hardly has time to react to this strange arrival when fairies begin appearing and asking for her help. With a little investigation, Princess Emma discov
Hazel
First of all, this book should not be labeled as number 9 in the series. It should be labeled as 3.5, seeing as it takes place between books 3 and 4. It seeems strange and unnecessary to return to Emma’s story this way when books 6-8 are about Emma’s daughter.

At this point, I only read this book because I had put so much effort into finishing the series. I own a few of the earlier books in the series, and I wanted to give them one last reread and try to finish the series before donating the one
Valerie
4.5 out of 5 stars rounded up.

I've enjoyed the Tales of the Frog Princess series ever since I read them back shortly after they were first published so I was thrilled to hear that there was another book coming out in the series! The Frog Princess Returns doesn't disappoint! Fans of the series will love this latest story.

While it didn't have that extra little pizzazz I need for a 5-star rating, it's a strong 4.5. There's intrigue, secrets, mystery, fairies, dragons, and adventure. What more could
Janet
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one is fun like the other Frog Princess books, but the whole time I was reading, I kept thinking I'd read it before. I think it's just pretty similar to the others she wrote. So a solid read-- fun and something that kids will enjoy, but nothing new and exciting if that is what you are looking for.
Louie
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
I love this book. I have read all of the other books in the series and am so happy that E.D. Baker decided to revisit Emma and Eadric with this humorous and amazingly imaginative new chapter in The Tales Of The Frog Princess.
Katie Steele
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Bloomsbury for providing me with an ARC of this title in exchange for an honest review!

I absolutely loved reading E.D. Baker's The Frog Princess series when I was growing up. Those books were always so funny and full of magic, great for fans of Gail Carson Levine. I was over to moon to find out that, fifteen years after The Frog Princess was published, Emma and Eadric were getting a new story! And yes, even though I read the original books years ago and they're definitely intended f
Marlee
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, engaging, fast easy read. My 13-year-old was able to predict what would happen, so maybe more for younger kids. Both of my children were quite disappointed that L’il was not in this story. My children found it quite funny and loved this story despite the absence of L’il.
Shenwei
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this series when I was in middle school, and it was a nostalgia trip to read this new installment. it has the charm of the old books, but I wish that one of the main antagonists hadn't been a girl who was out to steal Eadric.
PWRL
Jul 14, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2017-new
A
SM
Marcy
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute little story. I'd recommend the whole series to any young girl who loves a fun, cute, book!
Fionnula Enright
I love these books so much!!!! Just as good as the earlier books I read it in one day it was so good and I'm a slow reader
Joanna (BookandPages)
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
This definitely wasn't my favorite at all. It kind of read like fanfiction. Wouldn't recommend if you're a big fan of the original series, this one just lacks that charm.
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Just as cute as the other volumes.
Patricia Kaniasty
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
It was good but not great. Definitely not the best in the series.
Hillary Howard
May 27, 2017
Mmn
Feb 07, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
E.D. Baker made her international debut in 2002 with The Frog Princess, which was a Texas Lone Star Reading List Book, A Book Sense Children's Pick, a Florida's Sunshine State Readers List pick & a 2006 Sasquatch Book Award nominee. The Frog Princess inspired the Disney's Princess and the Frog!

E. D. Baker was born in Buffalo, New York and spent most of the next eighteen years in the Town of T
More about E.D. Baker

The Tales of the Frog Princess (9 books)
  • The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1)
  • Dragon's Breath (Tales of the Frog Princess, #2)
  • Once Upon a Curse (Tales of the Frog Princess, #3)
  • No Place for Magic (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #4)
  • The Salamander Spell (Tales of the Frog Princess, #5)
  • The Dragon Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #6)
  • Dragon Kiss (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #7)
  • A Prince Among Frogs (Tales of the Frog Princess, #8)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99