Start by marking “Zombelina: School Days” as Want to Read:
Zombelina: School Days

Zombelina: School Days

(Zombelina #3)

Zombelina loves to dance, and going to school is just as fun! She leaps on the bus and twirls down the aisle. In class she raises her hand high in the air, even if sometimes it falls under her chair.

When it's time for show-and-tell, Zombelina can't wait to share her hip-hop moves, but a new student named Morty has his own case of stage fright . . . something Zombelina know
Published June 6th 2017 by Bloomsbury Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Zombelina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombelina

Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A zombie for a classmate! But not to worry...this zombie is into dancing (not that other zombie stuff). Fun book with an underlying message: don't judge other people - get to know them - and you will find you have more in common than you thought.
Abigail
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers Who Enjoyed the First Two Zombelina Books
That little zombie ballerina, whose story began in the eponymous Zombelina , and then continued in Zombelina Dances The Nutcracker , returns in this third picture-book devoted to her adventures. Zombelina loves school, especially show-and-tell. When Morty, the new boy in class, experiences stage fright during his first show-and-tell, Zombelina steps in to help him, befriending him at recess as well...

Like its predecessors, Zombelina: School Days features an entertaining tale told in rhyme - "I
Selah Pike
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Crow's story is cute, of course, but for me these books are ALL about Idle's stellar illustrations!!! Zombelina's perfect book cracked me up!
Amy
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zombelina, once again dances her way into reader’s hearts in, Zombelina School Days.
After a good breakfast of lizard-eye gruel, Zombelina is ready for school, and this time she gets to show off her amazing dance moves in front of her class. As soon as she starts to dance and sashay, everything quickly starts to fall apart, literally, and no one clap but the new student, Morty, who is even worse of than her with stage fright. But Zombelina knows just what to do, a Dance Party with friends, where
 Mummy Cat Claire
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've never heard of Zombelina before. I picked this book up because my kids are into zombies. I din't think it would be scary but I thought my daughter would enjoy the character.

Zombelina is a young student who goes to school. There is a new student in her class. She talks about sitting next to her friends and talking with her best friend at school. All the kids in her class are in charge of coming up with a performance to share. Zombelina chooses a dance. Zombelina tends to loose her body part
Allison Blake
Author Kristyn Crow and award-winning illustrator Molly Idle have created a series of picture books about a young girl in an ordinary world, but happens to be a zombie. The story is written in rhyme and represents the trouble that comes with being new and having stage fright as well as accepting people for who they are. This is a good book for children ages around 5-7 to enjoy during the halloween season. The writing describes a lot about life as a zombie and the illustrations display body parts ...more
Sheri
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved the understated message in this story that has made Zombelina a series now by Kristyn Crow.
The story is in rhyme scheme and the illustrations are by Molly Idle. And there is another book in the series by Bloomsbury, too. Zombelina is still dancing and falling apart but a new boy in her class has been included- Morty. Morty is the new student that Zombelina wants to help feel welcome to their class and what an accepting group of students. This book deals with being new and stage fright, t
Joanne Roberts
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
The illustrations make this story stand out. The story itself has been heard before, but of course this time the main character is a little zombie. The text works beautifully with the art by leaving plenty of room for the illustrations. There is some punny word play in the text, but more often it plays the straight man to the art. A nice sequel for Zombelina fans. Colorful and comic with endearing characters.
Roseann Podias
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a story about a little zombie girl who goes to pieces during her show and tell break dance performance, and how her classmates react. I thought it was a very cute story with a positive message. I don't know if the age group it was meant for will appreciate the concept of zombies.
Ginny Kaczmarek
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marvelous! The charming, funny, rhyming language merges delightfully with the hilarious illustrations to tell a story about friends (old and new) supporting one another when things fall apart. Literally. A little bit creepy (in a funny way) with a lot of heart.
Rebecca Light
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Did not need to be in rhyme. It didn't add anything. When industry pros say over and over again they don't want submissions in rhyme, this is why. I think rhyme in picture books should be used to support one of two devices: humor or lyricism. The rhymes in this did not create jokes, and it's not a lyrical book, so why? All the stars go to Molly Idle's delightful illustrations, though if you're looking for a monster-girl-dancer book, pick up Vampirina Ballerina, which is near perfect.
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: halloween
I love how Zombelina and her friend are so inclusive of the new kid, even when other kids aren't sure about him. And the illustrations are simultaneously spooky and adorable. As only Molly Idle can do!
Brittany
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a perfect Halloween holiday read. It was much better than either of the other two "Zombelina" books that I have read so far. Cute story line and a must read for all Halloween or zombie-loving kids.
Miss Ryoko
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
The story was cute, but really, I checked this book out for Molly Idle's illustrations because I love her work. And she didn't disappoint! I'll have to read the other Zombelina books too!
Elaine
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: k-2-read-alouds
Fun plays on words -- unique choice for Halloween read aloud.
Kelly
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute little story about friendship with a zombie twist. Neat illustrations.
Jesse
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While the body parts falling off were a bit squicky for me, I loooooved the illustrations, message, and verse! What fun! :)
Jess Verzello
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SO CUTE! I love this series! Crow's lyrical text and story with Idle's imaginative and fun artwork make these books a MUST for all collections.
Rachel
Such a fun character and a nice context that allows the characters to express who they are.
Narges
Aug 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Zombie family? For this age? Are you kidding me?
Donna Mork
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A little girl zombie is very different. Then a new boy comes to school and he is also different. They all become good friends.
Adam
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
good
Jennybeast
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I continue to really enjoy these books -- surprisingly gentle, despite the zombie theme, and strong on friendship.
Rhyllis Bignell
Kristyn Crow's fun rhyming story 'Zombelina School Days' is a perfect picture book for sharing with a younger audience. This story is filled with spooky jokes, funny puns and easy to read rhymes.

Molly Idle's cute colour pencil illustrations Zombelina, her family and class mates to life. Her artistic style with sharp lines and bright colours are a perfect match for Crow's poetry. Where will Zombelina's arm, hand or leg fly off to when she dances? There is a musicality and fluidity of movement he
Stephanie Bange
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
“It’s me, Zombelina, all ready for school.
I finish my breakfast of lizard-eye gruel,
And check myself out in my daddy’s X-ray.
My mom says, 'You look drop-DEAD
gorgeous today!'
I leap on the school bus and
Twirl down the aisle…
I swivel my hips, and I stretch out in style.
Today’s show-and-tell day, and nobody knows,
my hip-hop’s to DIE for! I break like the pros!”

A fresh spin on the "making the new kid in school-welcome" theme, this one is full of fun, puns and heart. Zombelina has a difficult enough
Blanco Meyers
Sep 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
I did not like the illustrations. They were derivative of Little Golden Disney books without the cute retro vibe. Lizzie in particular looked like a cross between Wendy from Peter Pan and one of the fairies from Sleeping Beauty.
And I'm just not a fan of cute zombies falling apart at school.

Leo and Ian
Aug 19, 2017
Lauren
Jun 21, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kristyn Crow is the author of four children's picture books: COOL DADDY RAT (Putnam), BEDTIME AT THE SWAMP (HarperCollins, THE MIDDLE CHILD BLUES (Putnam, coming soon) and SKELETON CAT (Scholastic, coming soon). COOL DADDY RAT received starred reviews from Publishers Weekly and School Library Journal. She is the mother of seven children, some with special needs, and Kristyn has written hundreds of ...more

Zombelina (3 books)