Start by marking “Daisy in Chains” as Want to Read:
Daisy in Chains

Daisy in Chains

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  6,266 Ratings  ·  994 Reviews
He’s a serial killer. A murderer of young women, all killed in brutal attacks.

But despite Hamish Wolfe’s conviction, he’s always stuck to his story—he’s innocent and he’s been wrongly imprisoned. And now he wants someone to investigate and, more importantly, to write his story.

Maggie Rose is a notorious defense attorney and writer whose specialty is getting convictions ove
Published June 13th 2017 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published June 2nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Daisy in Chains, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Maureen Carden
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kathryn
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Deanna
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DAISY IN CHAINS in the first novel by Sharon Bolton that I have read and I am pretty sure that it won't be the last.

This was an addictive read. Honestly I was only going to read a few pages as I wanted to get another book finished, but once I started I didn't want to stop.

Maggie Rose is a lawyer and true crime writer. She is very well known for her work having many murderers convictions overturned. Maggie lives a rather reclusive life. She doesn't appear in court or do interviews. There are n
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
*4 Stars*

What is it about the “Bad Boy” and the women who flock to him as though he holds their next breath in his pocket? And by “Bad Boy” I mean a convicted felon responsible for the brutal murders of 4 women. I don’t know, maybe I’m missing the allure, but this is an actual “thing”—dangerous prisoners having fan clubs of women dedicating their lives to becoming some sicko’s one and only.

Daisy in Chains is a sort of tribute to such phenomenon, and I can’t deny that I found this particular s
Paromjit
I adore Sharon Bolton's books and when Daisy in Chains became available, I snapped it up. This is a cracking psychological thriller that will hold you in its grip right till the end. It is an atmospheric, intense and moving study of the two people at the heart of this story. Much of the narrative is in the form of documents, articles, emails, reports, letters etc..

The blue haired Maggie Rose is a celebrated true crime writer and barrister who has successfully freed convicted murderers. She is fr
Christine
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: british, libe-has
Wowzers, Ms. Bolton! You have outdone yourself with this one. Daisy in Chains is an ingenious piece of writing that is absolutely enthralling.

Gosh, this is different. The story is about determining the guilt or innocence of a man already sentenced to a lifetime in prison for killing several women. A hotshot woman lawyer who also writes crime fiction novels is considering taking his case; her specialty is getting murderers out of prison, even if they are truly guilty. We also have a police presen
Maureen
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, favorites
* Thank you to Netgalley and Random House/Transworld Publishers for my ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.*

I'm always intrigued when I read an intricate storyline like this one. It fascinates me the way the author plans the many avenues it will travel - the numerous twists and turns that leave the reader dizzy. Then of course, it has to grab one's attention, to grab you so tightly that it's hard to breathe, and to retain that hold - to shock - to thrill - to make the reader want to put
Linda
I received a copy of Daisy in Chains through NetGalley for an honest review. My appreciation to Minotaur Books and to Sharon Bolton for the opportunity.

It all begins with a fiesty dog off the leash on the Somerset coast of Bristol Channel. Caught in the dank trap of a stormwater drain, this pup seems like a goner. The older woman's cries of sheer panic alerts Maggie Rose and in she goes to the rescue giving no heed to her own safety.

And this leash draws Maggie into a case that presents the great
Crumb
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a top-notch, character-driven psychological thriller.

Usually, as a reader, I want a book to grab me in the first few pages. This book did not do that, however, with that being said, I am so, so grateful that I stuck with it. This book was a slow-burn but when it got good, man, it got GOOD. This book had dizzying twists and turns that my amateur sleuthing never would have had a chance to predict. There was excellent characterization.

This was my first dive into the world of Sharon Bolton
Mary Beth *Traveling Sister*
Wow! Five Shiny Stars!

I just loved this book. I love this author and my favorite is the Lacey Flint series. This one is a stand alone.

Hamish Wolfe is in prison for the abduction and murder of three women. They all have one thing in common, they are a larger dress size. Maggie Rose is a successful laywer. Hamish wants Maggie to prove that he is innocent. Is he really the big bad wolf. The big question is who is Daisy and where is she now and how does she fit in.

I am sucked into the story right a
Diane S ☔
Great expectations is what I had when I started this one. After all Sharon Bolton and I usually get along famously..so why then, during the first two thirds of the novel was my inner skeptic screaming? So many things just didn't gel for me, or maybe I just guessed part of this way too soon. The pacing was so slow and I found myself putting the book down, not compelled to keep reading.

The last third of the book speeded up, and some very surprising things did happen, still there was this little ji
Melissa
I can certainly see why so many readers love this author’s writing. From the setup to the final few words, this was one that kept me on my toes - the entire time. Sharon Bolton delivered a story that was dark, twisted and very intricate in the details. Something I truly appreciate in crime fiction.

As a kid, did you ever spin around in a circles, with your arms outstretched? Remember that feeling when you stopped, opened your eyes and tried to walk; how hard it was to regain your equilibrium in t
Luffy
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sharon Bolton is a writer to whom I'm new-ish. I've not read enough books by her to correctly form an impression of her. But I cannot deny that Daisy In Chains is the work of a workaholic.

Maggie Rose is the main character in the book. She is a mystery wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a secret; not in that order too. She is a fantastic persona. What others know of her is a tad enhancing her mystique.

Despite all of the exposition in the book, I found the pacing to be flawless. My only complaint is
Phrynne
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-books
For some reason this is only the second book I have read by this author! I see I have lots of good reading to look forward to.

Daisy in Chains is a fast, easy read with short chapters, some of which are in letter format. I enjoyed the characters, the fast pacing and the tension. Right from the beginning though I felt unsure about the story I was being told and suspected the author of having some tricks up her sleeve - which indeed she did!

I always like a murder mystery with a twist in the tale an
sue

I am pretty laid low with my back at the moment, in a bit of pain, but I swear to God, I have struggled to not allow the painkillers to make me fall asleep. This book gripped me and I also swear I haven't taken a breathe of air for hours.

This is really a gripping read.
Its a 'leave me alone book' I am reading.

Hamish is creepy, intriguing and beguiling at times, he has his very own fan club. Yes, even though he is in prison for kidnapping and murdering three women.

Maggie Rose is a defense lawyer
Sue
DAISY IN CHAINS by Sharon Bolton is a dark and chilling psychological thriller that is filled with mystery and suspense. This is her latest standalone novel, a crime thriller, due to be released in June 2016. The writing is so well done, and will appeal to a mass audience.

Hamish Wolfe, a leading cancer surgeon, is in prison for life, for the kidnapping and murder of three overweight young woman. Hamish is a good looking, charismatic man with his own following and fan club. He can be very persuas
Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
I am such a massive Sharon Bolton fan! Ever since I finished the last page of Now You See Me, I was hooked! Not only on the Lacey Flint series, but also all of her stand alone novels. I quickly devoured them and was left feeling sad that there weren't any more. So I was SO EXCITED when I saw Daisy in Chains was being released!

Maggie Rose is a crime writer and lawyer, and is approached by the mother of a convicted serial killer Hamish Wolfe, to get her help to set her innocent son free. At first
Zoeytron
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: public-library
He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me. . .

Dr. Hamish Wolfe is dark, brooding, and movie star handsome. Serving a life term for the murders of three women, he has more than his share of serial killer groupies. He also sports an educated knowledge of the anatomy of the human body. The doctor enjoys an avid and rabid fan base of followers who believe he is innocent. Fat chance.

Watch for origami flowers popping up here and there, listen to the disembodied voice, consider the idea of 'a monster
Malia
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-suspense
4.5stars
Daisy in Chains is the psychological thriller I have been waiting for! The last few have been quite so-so, and I put off reading this one, because, to be totally honest, I didn't like the cover. Well, that will teach be not to judge on looks. Daisy in Chains is a creepy, clever and atmospheric mystery told from several points of view and revolving around a convicted serial killer, Hamish, his lawyer, Maggie, and the policeman who initially got him arrested. It's fast-paced with new twist
Brenda
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deception. Distraction. Diversion. All here in this book! Hamish Wolfe is a convicted murderer, and a group of followers are trying to overturn the conviction. They ask Maggie Rose, a prominent lawyer/true-crime writer, to take up their cause and investigate. As usual, characterization is spot on. I liked DS Pete Weston in particular. Bolton has a knack for great dialogue, too. It feels natural and is interspersed with bits of humor.

I enjoyed the book for the most part, but the news clippings, e
Brandice
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Despite its intriguing synopsis, Daisy in Chains left me feeling “Meh”. The first half of this book kept me curious and engaged, but then it began to wane and feel repetitive.

Maggie Rose, prominent criminal defense attorney and true crime author, is sought by Hamish Wolfe, a good-looking doctor who has been convicted of separately murdering 3 women. Maggie is skeptical about taking his case but begins to do some research on her own and meets with Hamish. The police, in particular, Officer Pete
Frances
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maggie Rose, a sharp outspoken lawyer with hair dyed a bright turquoise-blue, is approached by Sandra Wolfe who desperately wants her son Hamish out of jail and proven innocent of killing three women. There are many supporters for Hamish’s innocence; especially women who have never met this charming, charismatic rogue who persistently send him love letters with proposals of marriage. Maggie is quite certain she wants nothing to do with reopening his case or answering any of Hamish’s letters begg ...more
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
This is my second Sharon Bolton book. Little Black Lies was my first. Daisy in Chains has only served to cement my opinion of Bolton as an exceedingly talented writer. What a twisted mind.....never, ever could I have guessed where this was leading.

Daisy in Chains is breath-taking. It is compulsive; if you're going to pick it up, be prepared not to put it down until the very end. I feel as though I have run a marathon, climbed a mountain, swum the channel. I feel totally drained and exhilarated a
Felicia
While this book kept me engaged until the very end, it's shortcomings are too many in number and too egregious to be overlooked.

The first half of the story was far superior to the second half, which left me in hopeful anticipation that it would come back around. Sadly, that never happened.

The story features Maggie Rose, a lawyer/true crime writer who has agreed to take on the case of the enigmatic serial killer Dr. Hamish Wolfe. I enjoyed Maggie as a character. She is seemingly intelligent and
L A i N E Y
Aug 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: only when you want to be lied to
UN.FREAKING.BELIEVABLE

What a big effing charade.

Preposterous plot, ridiculous amount of inconsistency in characters’ behavior. (view spoiler)
 Li'l Owl
Wow! Doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about Daisy in Chains by Sharon J. Bolton!
The ending of this book stunned me more than anything I've ever read!
Now that I've had time to wrap my head around it, here's my full review.

Hamish Wolfe is a serial killer. He's been convicted of killing four women, Jessie Tout, Chloe Wood, Myrtle Reid, and Zoe Sykes. Consequently he's sentenced to life in prison.

People of Our Time magazine.
"When a body of people believe something to be true, it's usua
Gary
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Every time I read a Sharon Bolton novel I tell myself "I must read more of her work" and here I am again. This is a very good read, full of great characters that come to life on the page, a well paced story-line that keeps you engrossed and perhaps reading longer than you first planned to.

Hamish Wolfe is a convicted serial killer who has brutally murdered young women, but despite his conviction has always insisted his innocence and that he is wrongly imprisoned. He wants someone to investigate h
Lynn
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I've been saving this book because there aren't enough Sharon Bolton books left for me to read. I loved the way the articles, letters and emails break up the chapters and distracted me from narrowing my suspicions too early. There was never a time that I was confident of whodunnit and that's my favorite kind of mystery/thriller. Also found some interesting sightseeing stuff about the Cheddar Gorge, Glastonbury and Wells. I'd love to visit the setting in person and revisit this book.
PattyMacDotComma

What a clever, intriguing, complicated mystery this is – I loved it! I had my suspicions here and there along the way, so much so that I’m tempted to go back to try to retrace my reading steps to see how and where I suspected something, changed my mind, and suspected something else.

Maggie Rose is a lawyer and acclaimed mystery author. We find her wandering along a beach, having spotted a discarded doll, when she hears a couple calling out “Daisy!” She’s near the mouth of one of the many caves
Mark
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
This is a rare and unique read for me. I love my fictional crime but I tend towards novels that have a lot of procedure and technical detail - Daisy In Chains does not.

Also, I like to be held captivated by the plot but with Daisy In Chains I picked the ending around two-thirds of the way through. So having put forward my two elements, both of which were missing in this book, my reason for calling it unique it that I still loved it.

The story surrounds a successful Doctor, Hamish Wolfe, who is ser
Lisa
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-loved
I am going to keep this review short & sweet but I know I keep saying this Ms Bolton what a ride this book was I thought I had picked the ending but NO you were too good out did yourself this time, I thought the plot was brilliant you kept me glued to everything that was written & a killer twist at the end I was gasping in the breaths could not believe it brilliant is all I can say about this book.

I felt for Hamish Wolfe through out I had a feeling he was SET UP BUT BY WHO THAT IS THE BI
Brenda
Maggie Rose had a reputation for getting convicted killers released from prison – a barrister and true-crime writer, she was meticulous with her research and there were some who were just a little afraid of her. Slim and petite, but with bright blue hair as her trade-mark, Maggie feared no one.

Hamish Wolfe had been convicted of the vicious murders of three young women, all plus size with the high probability of the fourth, Zoe having also been one of his victims. But her body had never been fou
Daisy in Chains Buddy Read 26 11 Jan 27, 2018 01:44PM
Play Book Tag: Daisy in Chains 1 9 Jan 24, 2018 12:03PM
Around the Year i...: Daisy in Chains, by Sharon Bolton 4 33 Apr 27, 2017 01:56PM
  • In Too Deep
  • Darkest Place
  • The Missing Hours
  • When She Was Bad
  • A Cry In The Night
  • After the Fire (Maeve Kerrigan, #6)
  • The Long Fall
  • The Swimming Pool
  • What Lies Within
  • Tastes Like Fear (DI Marnie Rome, #3)
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent, #8)
  • The Stepmother
  • The Sacrificial Man (Cate Austin, #2)
  • The Art of Drowning
  • The Facts of Life and Death
  • Die of Shame
  • Out of the Ice
  • After You Die (DI Zigic and DS Ferreira, #3)
Sharon's newest book The Craftsman is now available for pre-order and is out on the 3rd May 2018 in the UK! PLUS Alive, a short story/prequel is available for FREE! (see Sharon's website http://www.deadgoodbooks.co.uk/dead-g...)
Pre-order here now https://www.amazon.co.uk/Craftsman-Sh...

Sharon J Bolton was born and brought up in Lancashire, the eldest of three daughters. As a child, she dreamed of