Start by marking “Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)” as Want to Read:
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)

Tower of Dawn

(Throne of Glass #6)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  115,068 ratings  ·  12,442 reviews
Chaol Westfall and Nesryn Faliq have arrived in the shining city of Antica to forge an alliance with the Khagan of the Southern Continent, whose vast armies are Erilea's last hope. But they have also come to Antica for another purpose: to seek healing at the famed Torre Cesme for the wounds Chaol received in Rifthold.

After enduring unspeakable horrors as a child, Yrene Tow
Published September 5th 2017 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Tower of Dawn, please sign up.
chloe I agree. I seriously couldn't care less about him. I find him boring to read about, but this book is going to be necessary and I hope a few telltale c…moreI agree. I seriously couldn't care less about him. I find him boring to read about, but this book is going to be necessary and I hope a few telltale characters from book one ( a certain falling thief) will turn up in this one and inspires me to read more. Hate that we have to wait another year to find out what happens to Aelin and the others, especially after that cliffhanger that had me sobbing for months. Still don't see why it couldn't be a novella. Everyone would still read it, even if it wasn't necessary. Sarah's writing is too good.(less)
Lara The Tower of Dawn has been sitting on my bookshelf unread since it first came out and I STILL can't bring myself to read it because Chaol is just so i…moreThe Tower of Dawn has been sitting on my bookshelf unread since it first came out and I STILL can't bring myself to read it because Chaol is just so irritating! And boring. And whiney. And self-righteous. And ignorant. He was about a 3 star person in book one/two but after that he just plummeted into full on A-hole. Not only does he always get things wrong but when he finally realizes he's made a mistake he gets all whiney and needy. In book 4 he literally just uses Faliq for pity sex.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BRING MYSELF TO READ HIS BOOK?!

Chaol you are actually worse than Tamlin. And that's saying something!

Screw you Tamlin.(less)

·  115,068 ratings  ·  12,442 reviews

Start your review of Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
4.5 Stars. For those of you who don’t know, I had the opportunity to moderate Sarah’s Raleigh event last night. In addition to that, I spent some time with her talking about her inspiration and the way she approached the disability representation. I have a lot to share, so bear with me here. You can also view this post on my blog HERE.

First of all, I’ve seen a lot of unfair accusations thrown her way. I’m not here to defend everything, and everyone’s experience will be different, so please keep
Emily May
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, 2017
Eh. It was all right. But it's kind of hard to tear apart the personality of a beloved character, turn them into someone whiny and bland, then try to create a whole 672-page book out of their perspective. It wasn't awful, but many parts were boring.

I overlook a lot when it comes to Maas. The poor representation of marginalized characters, the frankly creepy obsession with "manhood" and "maleness", the nauseating and repeated descriptions of characters' beauty... but here I thought the story real
Khurram
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I bow down to Sarah J Maas’ story telling. I have not liked Chaol since the second half of the Crown of Midnight. Also with the last book finishing with Aelin ending in such a precarious position I personally did not want to weight an extra year to find out what happened to her.

However SJM knows best every issue I had with Chaol was address in this book. Also if this book would have come out after the next the final book this story would have had the prequel curse where I would have known everyt
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
*happy dance because i loved this when i thought i was gonna hate it*
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Jul 16, 2016 marked it as never-ever-ever
Since the USA version doesn't come with a warning, here it is.

This book contains mature content.
Not suitable for younger readers.

Just took a peek at the quotes, most of them seem to be about "how great and frightening Aelin is" and how revolting & cringe-worthy Rowan's love is. Um, are they even in this book? I might be mistaken but i was led to believe this was Chaol's book?

HOLY SMOKES!
G.R.R.M, is that . . . is that you, my man?

This is going to be a full sized book now? YICKS! Is it just me
Melanie
#2.) Crown of Midnight ★★★★
#3.) Heir of Fire ★★
#4.) Queen of Shadows ★★
#5.) Empire of Storms ★★★

“Every step, all of it, had led here. From that keep in the snow-blasted mountains where a man with a face as hard as the rock around them had thrown him into the cold; to that
 Teodora
5/5 ⭐

Full review on my Blog: The Dacian She-Wolf 🐺

EoS: *ended with a MASSIVE cliffhanger*

me: I NEED ANSWERS

SJM: *writing ToD*
description

I’m actually not complaining, I’m just a frustrated human reader. You cannot blame me for that, I’m sure you can relate.

I am, in fact, really happy and I feel super #blessed because of this beautiful book.

To be honest, this book was not a fresh gulp of air. No. At least, this isn’t how I felt about it. It was more like a warm and spicy oriental evening, filled with exotic
Kiki
"With you gone, my lord, I... I took the night to visit my parents."
[Chaol] tried not to cringe. A family. [Kadja] had family here, and he'd never bothered to ask--

description

You may as well pick up your bows and your quivers, because being shot in the vagina with a poisoned arrow would probably be less painful than reading one more page of Chaol's Boring Journey to God Knows Where with Fuck Knows Who doing Who Fucking Cares. Bonus points for the chapters, many of which I skimmed like no woman has ever ski
Andreea Pop
Edit: Will my book slump ever go away? Maybe. Perhaps. Slow progress. But this book was a step in the right direction. Loved this with all my heart and couldn’t stop reading. Maas, again, applause for you.

(Don’t know if I’ll have a review for this one. I hate to promise and not provide and life is hectic. I just stress myself a lot about it, hope you don’t mind. But this one is highly, highly recommended!)

***

Never been on Team Chaol. My precious cinnamon roll, Dorian Havilliard, stole my heart
jessica
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
chaol is and always be my favourite character in this series. no one is more deserving of having such in-depth character development, redemption, and healing. i cant think of a better character for the readers to go on such an emotional journey with. it makes me so unbelievably happy to once again see him happy. <3

also, this exchange will forever give me life.
'using the chair is not a punishment. it is not a prison,' he said softly. 'i am as much of a man in that chair, or with that cane, as i
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

I was waiting on my special copies to get here. Yes, I got two.

This is my signed edition from Barnes and Noble with some extras at the back.

The one from Target has the special art inside.

Sooooooooooooooooo, I was going to give this 4 stars but it made the 5 stars because I have a new love and that would be Sartaq =) I really wish they would have had more scenes with him and Nesryn. I want to read more about them. But there is still the war so there is tha
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, owned
This was a great read, I just think it was waaaay too long and not really entirely necessary. I liked seeing a different perspective on things and being in a new setting following different characters. I loved the way the relationships ended up going, so that was a big plus. Buuut, I just wasn't really entirely wowed. I listened to the audiobook but I think I may read it physically closer to the release date for the next TOG novel, so in a very long time.
Warda
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-fell-in-love
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”There are choices in my past,” he said tightly, “that I have come to regret. But I can only move on – and attempt to fix them. Fight to make sure they do not occur again.”

Where do I even start with this review?
It was different. Different than all the books that came before because the pacing wasn’t as fast as in the former books and Sarah actually took her time to support the development of her characters and the plot. I know some people might think that an entire book about Chaol would be bor
Caitlin
Fuck rereading this book HURT MY HEART

Original review:
I. Am. In. Tears.

I was originally not at all excited for this book but then I reread the entire series and I was HYPED. This book didn't let me down at all. Not one bit. I'm shook to the max by how much I utterly love this book. I was in no way ready for everything that happened in this book and I'm blown away by all of the twists and turns that occurred.

We all knew that Chaol's job was to get healed as well as raise an army. Honestly, the
Candace
'Tower of Dawn' was one of my most anticipated books of the year. I absolutely could not wait to get my hands on it. I am a goner for this series!

After the way things left off at the end of the fifth book, I was sure that this book would pick up where it had ended. I expected to dive right back into Celaena's current predicament and have a front row seat as she managed to battle her way out of captivity. That didn't happen.

This book was not the book that I thought I'd be getting. That isn't to s
Katerina
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was not prepared for this book.

Tower of Dawn was everything I wanted, even though I was not aware of it before the first chapters. A Court of Mist and Fury inflicted some serious damage to my relationship with Sarah J. Maas due to severe character mistreatment, shameless manipulation and a shrine built for Saint Rhysand, but this one restored my faith in her. Before reading Tower of Dawn I was furious for the delay in Throne of Glass' conclusion. For another change of ships I knew would come.
emi
1.6.19 update:

It's 2019 and I still haven't gotten around to reading this book

*insert shrug emoji here*

one day I'll come back to you chaol, my love.

6.28.17 update:

Apparently this book is goign to be 700 pages.

It is gonna take me so long to read this urgh

That just means more time where someone might see me with reading this hideously covered book

RIP this book is going to be the death of me. I don't wanna be associated with something so ugly.

6.20.17 update:

lol this cover is so fugly

hah
Zain Otoom
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Something resembling a review to come.
I don't like the cover at all. I feel so underwhelmed by it. It seems that anything including Chaol shouldn't be cared about much because like Chaol, duh.
Don't mind me, I'm just bitter about anything involving my baby.
WHAT COULD THE TITLE MEEEEEAAN?!! IM NOT OKAY THIS IS NOT OKAY WHAT IS THAT TITLE???
GUYS THIS IS NO LONGER JUST A NOVELLA!! IT'S A FULL-FLEDGED NOVEL IT'S GOING TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE 5TH OF SEPTEMBER AHHHHHHHHHH I CANT I CAN'T I'M SC
may ❀
Full review up!

You know those books that you just look at the cover and you get this over encompassing wave of emotions that you don’t know how to deal with ???? yeah, that’s what I feel everytime I look at Tower of Dawn

me

Disclaimer: I do not promise coherency or stability in my emotions or screaming. But it WILL be spoiler free, don’t worry, I’m not a monster

A List of the Reason why I Wake up Crying
- Chaol westfall got an entire book dedicated to himself and his healing
- Can you imagin
#3 Heir of Fire ★★★★★
#4 Queen of Shadows ★★★★★
#5 Empire of Storms ★★★★★
#6 Tower of Dawn ★★★★★

Despite the fact that this series has become one of my favorite series of all time (literally, it’s now tied with two other series for my #1 favorite spot), I was extremely apprehensive about picking up this installment! Not only is it so close to the end (just one book left!), but it takes place from Chaol’s perspectiv
Kai
May 07, 2017 marked it as maybe
I'm not sure I can make myself care for Chaol. I just hope this is not obligatory if you want to understand ToG7.
Jiana
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Wow. Wow. Wow. I'm actually speechless! This book was everything I needed and more and I have no clue how to write this review because I have so much to say and my thoughts are actually still all over the place. I have so much love for this book my heart's going to burst.

If you know me, you know I love Chaol Westfall to bits and pieces and he's one of my all-time favorite male characters. And here's where I get all emotional about him. I've loved him ever since ToG and still loved him through ev
April
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Chaol's character development.👏🏼
~Poppy~
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
“I will cherish it always. No matter what may befall the world. No matter the oceans, or mountains, or forests in the way.”

“Using the chair is not a punishment. It is not a prison. It never was. And I am as much of a man in that chair, or with that cane, as I am standing on my feet." He brushed away the tear that slipped down her cheek.
"I wanted to heal you," she breathed.
"You did," he said, smiling. "Yrene, in every way that truly matters . . . You did."

“What did Aelin promise you?” Ha

-----------------------------------------------

First read: September 2017
Second read: December 2018

2018
Who am I kidding, apart from a slightly slow start, I was hooked. This book held so many shocking revelations and rereading this made me even more excited to finally read Kingdom of Ash!

2017
I wa
Wren (fablesandwren)
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WrensReads Review:

This is fighting for my favorite book in the series for so many reasons. Many because Sarah J Maas pulled a back-hand and showed her readers she had a plan all along for Chaol and she didn’t just toss him aside like he was a wasted character.

I loved exploring the Southern continent and how their lands work. We have a powerful royals who have spontaneous and wicked personalities who are fighting for the throne, we have a tower of women (with some men) who specialize in healing a
✨    jamieson   ✨
Jun 21, 2017 marked it as no-thanks
So the new game of thrones cover looks good??

I SEE NO DIFFERENCE.

Lmfao in all seriousness I don't even go here but why is that cover so ugly?! It doesnt even match the rest of the series I'm? ????

Ikram

I will cherish it always.
No matter what may befall the world.
No matter the oceans, or mountains, or forests in the way.

Okay! It took me a while to review this book but I'm finally getting around to doing it. I went into this book with very low expectations. As you may or may not know, SJM's books are a huge rollercoaster for me. I either love or hate them, but I'm glad to say that this book falls into the former category.

Here are my reviews of the rest of SJM books:
Throne of Glass ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Cr

• The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood And Ash, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)
  • War Storm (Red Queen, #4)
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)
  • Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too

Throne of Glass (7 books)
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
  • Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
  • Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)