Start by marking “The Danger Gang and the Pirates of Borneo!” as Want to Read:
The Danger Gang and the Pirates of Borneo!

The Danger Gang and the Pirates of Borneo!

(The Danger Gang #1)

Ronald Zupan is a daring master adventurer! But he actually hasn't experienced any grand adventures . . . YET! When his world-traveling parents are kidnapped on his twelfth birthday, Ronald seizes the chance to prove himself with a dazzling, danger-defying rescue operation.

Published August 1st 2017 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about The Danger Gang and the Pirates of Borneo!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Danger Gang and the Pirates of Borneo!

Traci
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ronald Zupan is an extraordinary 11 year old. Don't believe me? Just ask Ronald Zupan. He'll tell you about the time he wrestled a king cobra when he was just a baby in his crib. The king cobra is now his pet and his name is Carter. Or about the time that he devoured the plays of Shakespeare at the tender age of five. He would have eaten every page if his mom hadn't walked in & saved the valuable works. So why is it that his parents, famous adventurer's Francisco & Helen Zupan, have neve ...more
Julianne Parker
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ronald Zupan and Julianne Sato are the child heroes I wish I knew as a young reader!! Their adventures inspire me as an adult, though I know as a child, I would have been absolutely engrossed in the tales of their journey. Especially for young girls, I think having heroines as courageous and strong willed as Julianne Sato is an absolute mandatory part of the literary diet. The writing is thoughtful and aware of the curiosities that inspire young minds. Stephen Bramucci understands what makes kid ...more
Aaron Hartley
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun little adventure romp. I read it with my niece. Now she wants to grow a mustache and runs around calling me Jeeves.
Toni
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Ronald Zupan is a master adventurer, the son of the famous Helen and Francisco Zupan. The only problem is that his parents have not let him come on any of his adventures. On the morning of his 12th birthday, his parents do not appear, and Ronald knows they are in trouble. He teams up with the family butler the girl who beat him in a fencing tournament, and a pet boa constrictor, to go find them in Borneo. Much adventure ensues. Written mostly in Ronald's bold and exaggerated voice, interspersed ...more
Scott Sussman
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Danger Gang and the Pirates of Borneo! is an incredibly entertaining and also funny book. Mr. Bramucci’s words carve the story right into your mind. He is to readers what tornados are to towns. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves action-packed tales of excitement and adventure.
Marlana
Children will love The Danger Gang and the Pirates of Borneo!

It's full of spine tingling adventure, hilarious hi-jinks, and stalwartly friends.

As an adult, I enjoyed The Danger Gang and the Pirates of Borneo! but I think children will love it. Three stars from me, but I can easily see this being a five star book for those twelve and under.
Drew
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One and of the best funny silly adventure books is for Youth and kids did I mentions pirates, jungles, caves and friendships?
Melissa
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A LOT of fun!
Andréa
Note: I received a digital review copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
Daryl
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Danger Gang and the Pirates of Borneo! certainly captured my attention. This swashbuckling story is a rather laughable one, but it asks a serious question: who is friend and who is foe?
Smart
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recieved a free earc for an honest review!
I read this to my nephew and he loved it! Said the adventure in this book would be with him forever
Gina
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My husband and I devoured this adventure and now are reading it to our 10-year-old daughter. The pace, the dynamic voices of the different characters, and the humor are all perfect for keeping young readers (and those reading with them!) engaged and on their toes. We've been particularly happy with the level of complexity and the introduction to new vocabulary for young readers. What a wonderful way to dive into adventure and imagination!
Ernesto Cisneros
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two words: Buy it! THE DANGER GAND AND THE PIRATES OF BORNEO is hilarious, entertaining, a sure hit! Like so many kids his age, the narrator is completely unreliable, however, thanks his loyal butler, "Jeeves" (Thomas Halladay), we get the story straight. This book is great for all ages... young and old! Warning: This book is full of adventure, suspense, AND humor. Please check with your doctor to see if you are fit enough to handle this ride.
Alyssa Nelson
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so much fun. Middle grade is probably my all-time favorite age group to read in for books, because it’s able to be silly while also putting in serious, important themes. In The Danger Gang and the Pirates of Borneo, Ronald Zupan goes off on an adventure to save his parents. He knows they must be in some pretty serious danger, because they missed his birthday, and they would never do that. It’s told in a journal-style format, and each chapter ends with notes from Ronald’s butler, wh ...more
Lisa Schmid
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My ten-year-old son used to be a reluctant reader until he started reading The Danger Gang and The Pirates of Borneo. Last night, I had to ask him to stop reading because it was way past his bedtime. His response, "Just one more chapter?" Be still my heart! Although, I can't blame him. This book is fast-paced and funny! If your reader craves adventure with a daring twist and a dashing young hero, this is the book to buy!
Heather
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
Stephen Bramucci unfurls a whirlwind of adventure in his debut novel The Danger Gang and The Pirates of Borneo! Set amid the jungles in (and below!) Borneo, eleven-year-old Ronald Zupan must learn to leave his ego behind as he braves obstacles in order to save his parents, who have been kidnapped by the ruthless pirate Zeetan Z.
Zupan, who has a penchant for puffing himself up, finally faces an adventure that requires no exaggeration. With the help of his butler Jeeves, his new friend (and fenc
Ariel
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Avast! Set sail for adventure with RONALD ZUPAN and the Danger Gang! With equal parts humor and heart, this is a book that will keep kids and adults turning pages and thrilling to each and every close call that befalls our heroes. If you grew up with The Goonies and wonder where all the daring stories of pirate ships, hidden treasures, booby traps, and mortal peril are for kids today, look no further than The Danger Gang!

Readers interested in exploration and wildlife will be particularly tickle
Joan
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The characters were fun and memorable and their dialogue was humorous and realistic. The story combined non-stop action and the overarching message of true friendship, making this one of my favorite reads. The illustrations moved the story and added dimension to the characters.
Mitra
Dec 04, 2018
Katie Bayerl
Aug 09, 2017
Jim Hill
Jan 05, 2019
Sharon Tyler
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
The Danger Gang and the Pirates of Borneo is a middle grade novel written by Stephen Bramucci, and illustrated by Arree Chung. Ronald Zupan is a daring master adventurer! But he actually hasn't experienced any grand adventures yet! When his world-traveling parents are kidnapped on his twelfth birthday, Ronald seizes the chance to prove himself with a dazzling, danger-defying rescue operation. Teaming up with his trusty butler Jeeves, his quick-witted fencing nemesis Julianne Sato, and his pet co ...more
Kathy Martin
Jan 18, 2018
Estelle Laure
Aug 12, 2017
Apr 11, 2018

The Danger Gang (2 books)
  • The Danger Gang and the Isle of Feral Beasts!