Start by marking “If Santa Were a Cowboy (One and Only Texas, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
If Santa Were a Cowboy (One and Only Texas, #2.5)

If Santa Were a Cowboy

(One and Only Texas #2.5)

This Christmas, Santa wears a Stetson.

K
Published October 25th 2016 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about If Santa Were a Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If Santa Were a Cowboy

Jen
2.5 Conflicted Stars

I'm not quite sure where to start with this one. Normally I lurve me some unrequited romance. When the crusher finally gets their crushee (yeah, I just made that up) the connection and resulting sexytimes is usually off the charts hot!

My problem with If Santa Were a Cowboy stems from the fact that while I adored Paul, our crusher, the object of his longtime affection, Kelly, is a big ol' lying bitch for most of the book.

It's difficult for me to root for a couple when I'm cons
Claire Robinson
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 - Once a Santa... Always a Santa Stars!

It was an absolute treat to return to the Briscoe Ranch Resort again, and this time with the added sparkle of Christmas as well.

I have been a fan of this series since its beginning, and Melissa Cutler did a great job of giving her readers the highlights of what the resort is all about over the Christmas Season, as well as adding in a sexy Santa, and the woman that he has crushed on since his nerdy days back in school, where she kept him firmly in the
Carrie
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Paul Savage loves his job playing Santa at the Briscoe Ranch Resort where he's normally a back country guide. What Paul never expected though while he was entertaining the children and handing out candy canes was for Kelly Walker to walk back into his life at that moment and what an entrance it was when her suitcase full of naughty toys is spilled right there in front of everyone.

Kelly's life has become a complete mess so when she came across the job as holiday photographer with the perk of bei
Ami
Dísir
It’s great coming back to Briscoe Ranch, but I’ll have to admit that it’s not a story I’d recommend, for the sole reason that the characters irked me past my own tolerable limits, particularly it’s employed as a trope of contemporary romance fiction for the bulk of the tale—festive or not.

Unfortunately, it’s one of those stories where deception and a relationship based on false premises form most of the story and the eventual conflict. And it was all I could not get past rather than revel in the
Bette Hansen
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one is a lighthearted, sexy holiday read that was perfect for a quick entertaining break. Paul Savage has found his place in life and is content working at Briscoe Rance as a back country guide. He's ready to enjoy the holidays when the whirlwind that is Kelly Walker and her naughty little suitcase come flying into his life. Kelly was Paul's dream girl throughout high school but she couldn't be bothered to give the geeky guy the time of day. Paul's not the geeky kid anymore though and he's ...more
Kim Vanravenswaay
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If Santa Were a Cowboy, is a great holiday romance book about second chances. Kelly plans on fixing a mistake from her teenage years. Paul is onboard with her plan.
I sure do wish that there was a Santa like Paul around here when my kids were young. He is pure magic with the kids.
Lenore Kosinski
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, xmas

3.5 stars -- I received a free copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

I love a good nerdy boy, and Paul totally fits the bill. I get that he's all hot now, but he has a nerdy soul, and that worked for me. Kelly was a bit harder to love. I normally shy away from popular girls, but I kind of liked how we saw how she struggled with the image she was supposed to maintain, and missed out on so much being someone she wasn't
Cathy Geha
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
If Santa Were a Cowboy by Melissa Cutler
One and Only Texas #2.5

What if you could go back in time to high school and have a do-over? Who would you want your do-over with?

Well, with Savage and Sawyer next to one another alphabetically Paul and Kelly spent time next to one another quite often growing up. They were friends but Kelly was popular and Paul was a nerd crushing on Kelly. When Kelly hits bottom her thoughts return to “what if”. She gets a job at Briscoe Ranch Resort shooting photos at Ch
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
DNF

I'm a huge Melissa Cutler fan. Sadly, I could not finish this book. I stopped at 20%. I'm not liking Kelly showing up out of the blue to use Paul for a job, a place to stay and to make herself feel better.

Book Gannet
Although a quick read with some sexy scenes, this novella didn’t really work for me. Mostly because of Kelly’s reasons for showing up at the resort. She’s had a bad year, she’s not feeling good about herself, so she decides to look up the kid who had a crush on her all throughout school – and who she regularly rejected and humiliated – because there’s no way he’ll reject her, right? After all, she’s amazing.

Yeah. To say Kelly’s arrogant at the start would be an understatement. And I don’t really
Book Reading Gals
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: If Santa Were A Cowboy

Series: One and Only Texas Book #2.5
Author: Melissa Cutler

Genre: Romance

Blurb: This Christmas, Santa wears a Stetson. Paul Savage loves Christmas at Briscoe Ranch Resort, when he gets to take a break from being a back country guide to play Santa in the resort’s lobby and talk to kids about toys. The last thing he expects is his high school crush to come waltzing in as his new assistant photographer, wheeling a suitcase that's more naughty than nice.

Kelly Walker is a
Marier
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was filled with lots of humor and angst. Paul loved Kelly but was sure she could never love him although he had changed his whole life. Kelly was finally realizing how shallow she was and Sadie the dog knew everything. Now from this description, you will find a heartwarming story that is a quick read and have you laughing out loud.
Tammy
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
While I love the rest of this series, this story didn't thrill me. It lacked something. Kelly wasn't the wonderful heroine that I'm used to at Briscoe Creek. I'm still anxious for the next book in this series. I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Holley
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A young, studly guy who loves playing Santa every year and a dog as a primary character YUM
It is a novella so it could have better character development, but I definitely enjoyed reading it.
Anna
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sadie, the dog - the matchmaker ;) Sweet [Did Granny June take a holiday? ;)
Short, lovely, christmas-y & hot
Heather
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Having really enjoyed the first two books in this series, I thought this would be a great novella showcasing the magic of Briscoe Ranch at Christmas. After all the other books in this series focused on how the holidays were so full of romance on the Ranch at Christmas. However, this novella could have been set anywhere and didn't really mention the series characters at all. The novella was sort of a second chance romance but truthfully it never really developed as such. I can't even say I even w ...more
Romantic Reads and Such
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found this novella to be sweet with a middlin’ heat level … although, I gotta say that when you show up with a Nice suitcase and a Naughty suitcase that I’d expect that we’d at least get a little play with the things in toy chest? :) I know that it falls in the whole Santa and Christmas thing but I was kinda hoping for at least a little more steam out of all the goodies she brought.

But overall that was my only complaint – the characters are enjoyable, the story complete, and the ending works
Under the Covers Book Blog
If Santa Were a Cowboy is a sweet novella from Melissa Cutler’s One and Only Texas series. This holiday cowboy theme is a revenge of the nerd story that will have you cheering for the hero.

After so many years of being ignored, Paul finally gets a chance with the girl of his dreams since high school. He since then had changed his image and persona and now he is ready to make his move. He’s ready to let his old crush who he’s become and is well worth her time.

And after a run of bad luck, Kelly t
Terisa
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
If Santa Were a Cowboy
3 Stars

Christmas had always been Paul Savage’s favorite time of year. Especially after he started playing Santa at the Briscoe Ranch. He had a special way of coaxing smiles out of even the unruliest of children but this year looked to like it was going to be his favorite year yet because this year his photographer was none other than the girl that he had been in love with for most of his life. Maybe this time she won’t see him as the nerd that he was back in high school.

K
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

While there was a lot to enjoy about If Santa Were A Cowboy, I’m afraid for me the personality and actions of the heroine overshadowed the good parts that made this an enjoyable read, if I ignored the heroine entirely, maybe. And that’s unfortunate. The writing is enjoyable and flows naturally, the location is beautiful and full of that special Christmas feel – so the setting should have worked for me. Paul is everything that any child or parent would want in a Santa
Becky Burciaga
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a short and sweet romance, with a touch of nostalgia thrown in. Ms Cutler is a master at creating characters that you'll find yourself drawn to, this story is no different...even Sadie, Paul's Coonhound is endearing.

It would have been so easy to dislike Kelly simply on the principle of her being the mean girl in high school to Paul's geeky adoration, but there were glimpses into her insecurities (then and now) with which the author did a remarkable job of bringing out in very subtle way
Tiffany Reads It All
Dec 16, 2016 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, ebook, netgalley
This started out promising but lost steam for me halfway through. I liked the friends to lovers trope, but didn't like Kelly's sense of entitlement toward Paul. She treated him awfully back in high school and humiliated him publicly, but expects that he'll fall into her arms in the present, no questions asked? I found Paul kind of a pushover. Clearly, he's always held a torch for Kelly but I thought he was too willing to forgive her past offenses.

Also, I didn't like the amount of deception on Ke
Paris
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5/5

This was a really quick read and was just as fun and sexy as the other books in the series. In the beginning, I was just so unsure of Kelly. I didn’t think she deserved Paul at all, but she slowly sort of wore me down. I still think maybe Paul could have done better, but you can’t help a man who’s been in love with someone for as long as he loved Kelly. I hated that she always knew how he felt about her growing up and she used that knowledge to get what she wanted out of him.
Krissy's Book Nook
Oct 26, 2016 rated it liked it
This book had so much potential with the unrequited teenage love story line!
Our hero, Paul, is a hunky wilderness tour guide who moonlights as Santa for the Christmas season. He’s a former (well kind-of former) nerd who had a longtime crush on his childhood friend, Kelly.
Kelly has found herself at rock bottom and decides that in order to climb her way back to the top she needs to right some of her past wrongs and fix her karma.
I wanted to love this book. I truly did. It just felt forced and rush
Jasmyn
If Santa Were a Cowboy got off to a bit of a slow start - but by the end I was in love. Paul and Kelly have a history, and it's one full of hurt and rejection - this gets mentioned a bit too much sometimes. I knew what happened and it just kept being said over and over. Both characters are running in their own way - running from their past. Paul just did it a lot sooner than Kelly.

But now Kelly is hoping that Paul will consider taking a bit of his past back - specifically her. She doesn't go abo
Paula
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have read several novels by Melissa Cutler that I enjoyed much more than this novella. If Santa Were a Cowboy by Melissa Cutler has a male lead to die for but not so much in the female lead. I think that is what made this story a good read but not a great read like the previous books I had read. Perhaps if the story could be expanded, I could like and empathize more with Kelly Sawyer, the female lead.

Paul is wonderful with the novella showing his growth as a person and his confidence in himse
Book Lover
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Cheryl
Oct 22, 2016 rated it liked it
A cowboy Santa...Yes, please! Paul made a great Santa. He sure had the patience of a saint and the way he interacted with children had my heart filled with joy. Kelly was another story. Yes, I liked her but she was not the seductress that she pretended to be. Yet, I give her credit for trying. What with her suitcase full of sex toys. Which just happen to spill all over the lobby filled with families. The funniest moment was when Paul's dog, Sadie, took off running with the riding crop thinking i ...more
Jessica Figueroa
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kelly is just having a rough time and back to her hometown to lick her wounds and now taking up a temporary job as a photographer at a santa event. Little did she expect to run into Paul a guy she once knew nerdy at the time while she was popular you already see where this is going. Now hes older and hotter then ever and Kelly him decides to heat up their holidays together.

This book was pretty good a really fast read. You can probably read it in one sitting with how quick I was able to read it.
Melissa Cutler knows she has the best job in the world, dividing her time between her dual passions for writing sexy contemporary romances and edge-of-your-seat romantic suspense for Harlequin, Penguin, St. Martin's Press, and Kensington Books.

She was struck at an early age by an unrelenting travel bug and is probably planning her next vacation as you read this. When she's not globetrotting, she's

One and Only Texas (3 books)
  • One Hot Summer (One and Only Texas, #1)
  • One More Taste (One and Only Texas, #2)
  • One Wild Night (One and Only Texas, #3)