Start by marking “Christmas Angels: A Novella” as Want to Read:
Christmas Angels: A Novella

Christmas Angels: A Novella

From the beloved author of Indie Next Pick The Charm Bracelet, Christmas Angels is a delightful love story. Kate, a single woman in her 30s, works as a designer/decorator for a large interior landscaping company bedecking and bedazzling St. Louis for the holidays. Her work keeps her from spending the holidays with her family and masks the loneliness and pain after a nasty ...more
Published October 25th 2016 by Thomas Dunne Books

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Angels

Judy Collins
Viola Shipman returns following the sensational debut, The Charm Bracelet with a heartwarming nostalgic Christmas novella CHRISTMAS ANGELS and a sneak preview of The Hope Chest, Coming March 21, 2017.

Kate Roseberry just wanted a perfect Christmas. She was the queen of holiday perfection. A designer, and owner of Holidays by Kate, she was responsible for designing and staging the mall for the upcoming holiday, so she has started early. There was a lot of work involved in the magic.

She lov
Ann Lorz
There's nothing I like better then reading Christmas Novella's. They really get me in the mood for the holidays. It's also a great time to try new authors.

Christmas Angels is a very quick read. I don't usually like to read romances that are written by men, they don't give me what I need in my romances, and I wasn't shocked that I felt that way with Christmas Angel.

The story is fine, but that's just it. It was only okay. I was missing something. It's much closer to woman's fiction then romance
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

I think that angels are all around us. I think people like your mother, who we love and miss, are around us, even if we can't see them. Sometimes they might take the form of a cardinal or a hummingbird, or sometimes, their spirit might live on in the tree we pick out at Christmas.

Most people go through their lives not seeing what's all around them. It's easy to get lost in this world. It's hard to stay present.

My Review:

A seasonal set decorator spends her days designing Christmas
Suze Lavender
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For Kate holidays are her income. Decorating is her passion and her business is successful. This year she isn't looking forward to the holidays though. Her heart is broken and she isn't ready to celebrate yet. However, her next job might change this feeling. She has to decorate Chad's home. Chad is a single dad, who is also not ready to enjoy Christmas. Will the magic of Christmas and guardian angels be able to make them change their minds?

Christmas Angels is a sweet romantic story about two peo
Kristina
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Christmas Angels by Viola Shipman is set in St. Louis, Missouri. Kate Roseberry owns Holidays by Kate! She designs and executes holiday designs for malls, offices, events, etc. Tree toppers are her signature (she always puts the tree topper on herself). Christmas is usually her favorite time of the year, but Kate has not been able to get into this spirit of the season this year. The previous year her boyfriend, Tyler broke up with her during the holiday season. Kate meets Chad Cooper while decor ...more
Karen Whittard
Nov 08, 2016 rated it liked it
This book reminded me of those lovely cheesy Christmas movies you get to watch on tv on lifetime. It was cheesy but in a good way.

The only slight problem that I have with this story is it length. I wanted more. I wanted more so that the story and characters could develop more and then it would go from being a good cheesy novel to a great one.

Kate is a single mum. In her 30s. Working as a design/decorator for a large interior landscape company called bedecking and bedazzling. The job is great f
Ann
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've been anxiously awaiting Viola Shipman's The Hope Chest and was excited to see this Christmas short story. Christmas Angels is the tale of two people who are not looking forward to the holiday. A widower and his young son and a woman who broke up the previous Christmas come together to regain their belief in angels. A quick read, there is a very serious Christmas message for everyone. It's a joy to see a young child recover and believe in love and miracles.
Natasha du Plessis
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the second book by Viola Shipman that I have read.

In true Viola fashion this is a feel good holiday story, a short story that you can quickly finish in between books. The ideal Christmas read with lovely characters that are looking for happiness.

I would recommend this book if you are looking for something short during the holidays.
Thank you to Viola Shipman and Netgalley for the ARC.
Deanna Sletten
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Angels by Viola Shipman is a sweet, heartwarming romance that is sure to melt your heart. Even though it is a short novella, the characters are well-written and the story is well-thought out. I'd definitely recommend this story to anyone who enjoys a sweet romance that lifts your spirt and warms your heart.
MetLineReader
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2016
Initially i found this story difficult to get into -- as it was a novella, i was expecting action from the outset. However, it's a slow-burn that makes the story more worthwhile. I enjoyed getting under the skin of Kate the lonely designer and particularly liked her warmth towards her customers. An enjoyable, easy, Christmassy read. 4* from me.
Tamara
Review to come soon.

Quick thoughts:
Cute fun and quick read. Very Hallmark movie. A sweet story that would be perfect to savor with a cup of hot cocoa and cookies after some holiday decorating. Enjoyable!
Kathleen Gray
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short sweet novella with a darling character in Kate. This one has a good Christmas spirit to it. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC== this is the perfect relaxing read for the afternoon or evening.
Kristine (The Writer's Inkwell)
Review was originally posted on The Writer's Inkwell
Christmas Angels is a short novella that reminds me a bit of a Lifetime or Hallmark holiday movie, in a good way. I wish I could really say a lot about it, but the truth is, it’s really too short for a true review. In fact, my biggest criticism is about the length. Little to nothing is developed throughout the story and that’s a shame because with another fifty pages or so, this could have been a really cute holiday novella. There’s nothing wr
Angel Hatfield
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kate is a seasonal set decorator struggling to find her own Christmas spirit while designing Christmas scenes and decorations for others.Kate is known as the queen of holiday perfection because of her successful decorating company. Kate has been called the Christmas Angel. Kate isn’t looking forward to the holiday nor is Chad Cooper who is a widower and has a young son Coop who was seven years old. Kate was sad as her her ex boyfriend Tyler broke up with her. Kate didn’t believe in angels anymor ...more
Stacey Lechner
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it

Thank you to Net Galley and St. Martin's Press for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is yet another heart warming story from Viola Shipman, she really knows how to create characters that are relatable and likable.
Kate is a designer/decorator whose specialty is decorating for the holidays on a grand scale.
This year she is not in the holiday sprit after a breakup has left her alone and in pain. Since she is buried in work, she can't spend the holidays with her f
Renate
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Delightful holiday read with a well translated German edition. The theme "surrounded by angels surround" is woven throughout this suspenseful novella. Midwestern culture is sprinkled throughout each chapter. Will be exploring more from this intriguing author.
Deanna Walker
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, christmas
It was so sweet short story about how Kate and Chad are getting along great with especially his son coop.
Kristin Jenkins
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another reason Viola Shipman has become one of my favorite authors!
Amy Roelant
Author of Charm Bracelet. Widower and dumped girl meet and discover mutual love of angels. Nice easy novella. Wish it had been longer!
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

There are times in life that we really need the ability to believe in miracles, to sense the angels all around us… but those are often times when our willingness to see and believe is at it’s lowest point. This is the state of mind and emotions that Kate and Chad are in this Christmas. Only a little boy, Coop, serious beyond his years seems to have that childlike wonder left to take a chance to believe.

Last year around Christmas Chad’s wife lost her battle against can
Kathy
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Angels is an endearing, poignant short story about three people who are searching for someone/something they have lost. Kate, a single, 30-something woman decorates offices, malls, homes, etc. for the holidays. After a disastrous break-up of her relationship last year, Kate is spending the season decorating, but is having difficulty getting into the holiday spirit. Chad Cooper, a high-powered lawyer, and his son, Coop, have not recovered from the death of their wife and mother this pas ...more
Janine
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Angels are all around us, whether it’s a topper on a Christmas tree, a song on the radio, or an angel shaped cloud. You just have to believe and you will find them.

Kate Roseberry was known as the queen of holiday perfection because of her successful decorating company. She could make anyplace sparkle for Christmas. But Kate was sad this Christmas. She had broken up with her boyfriend and wasn't in the holiday spirit. She just went through the motions because it was expected of her. She didn't ev
Debbie
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't realize when I requested this book that it was a novella. I think I sat down, started reading and before I knew it, it was over. This was my first novella. I'm sure they are perfect for people without a lot of reading time, but I felt like I was just getting into the story and then, poof, it was over. However, that's just my thoughts on novellas.

As for the book, when I saw it being offered on Net Galley, another book by Viola Shipman, my hand moved with lightning speed to request it. I
Annemarie Macken
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
A heartwarming Christmas story with all the hallmarks of a feel-good Christmas movie - albeit that it is a little bit cliched and tongue-in-cheek cheesy in parts. It has the ingredients that will ensure everyone reading it begins to believe in angels again, especially if they have undergone any form of heartache, and it will make the reader feel warm and glowing inside, holding on to the idea that love and belief conquer all.
The characters are engaging in their ordinariness and the pace is fast,
Jenn
Sep 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Kate is a designer/decorator for a large interior landscaping company. She works her magic in the offices, homes and malls in St. Louis, making everything beautiful and spreading happiness. Her work keeps her from spending the holidays with her family but it also gives her less time to face the pain of a breakup just before Christmas the previous year. Kate's world is about to be turned upside down when she's asked to decorate the home of a widowed single dad.

I loved The Charm Bracelet so when
Edee
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Christmas Angels is a lovely story that will put you in the holiday spirit. Kate is a professional decorator and finds herself particularly busy during the Christmas season. As she transforms local businesses into holiday wonderlands, it helps to distract her from the loneliness of her recent breakup. When one of her commercial clients hires her to decorate the home of a recently widowed employee and his young son, Kate's world begins to change in ways she never could have imagined.

This was a c
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
Check out the full review at Kritters Ramblings

Recently I have read a few holiday novellas and they just weren't satisfying, they felt rushed and not complete. NOT so with this one! This was just the right holiday novella, it had enough holiday hoopla and a full story that felt complete when the final page was flipped.

Kate is a interior designer/decorator and she specializes in the holidays and all holidays, but Christmas is her jam. She decks out all the spots in St Louis and while working for
Letty
Oct 19, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I don't usually read Christmas books so early but couldn't resist this one because of the author, cover and title of the book. This is a sweet story and the writing is very good but it was just too short!! I was a little disappointed when it ended so quickly because I was really liking where it was going with Kate, Chad and Coop. Coop is adorable, by the way! It would be nice to see this story continue, perhaps next Christmas? I do have to say that it did put me in the mood to bake so ...more
Fiona Wilson
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2016-reads
This is a quick read yet it has a lot packed into its pages.

It's coming up to Christmas and we meet three people who need some Christmas cheer. Kate is a young designer who decorated other people's homes and businesses for the festive period. Chad is a hard working businessman who is father to Coop. All three have suffered losses and have not yet moved on from them. When fate brings them together will the magic of Christmas, and in particular angels, bring them closer? Coincidences abound throug
Teri
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Christmas Angels is a wonderful little tale about a young woman named Kate, who is getting through the holidays after a breakup with her boyfriend. Kate is a holiday decorator who has a chance encounter with a client who is also struggling through the holidays after the death of his wife. He is a single dad whose son has had to grow up too quickly, but learns that life goes on after our cherished ones leave and angels are all around.

This is a great short story to get you in the mood for the holi

• Wish Upon A Christmas Cake
  • A Winter Beneath the Stars
  • How to Bake the Perfect Pecan Pie
  • Hold Her Again
  • Snowed In (Southern Comfort, #3)
  • Annie's Christmas by the Sea
  • Once Upon a Christmas Carol
  • At the Heart of Christmas
  • Wakening the Crow
  • The Best Little Christmas Shop
  • Mistletoe and Murder in Las Vegas
  • ‘Tis the Season to be Single
  • The Trouble With Mistletoe (A Brookhollow Story, #1)
  • This Magnificent Desolation
  • Christmas at Butterfly Cove (Butterfly Cove, #3)
  • First Flurries
  • The Forever Christmas Tree (Bell Sound #1)
  • The Mistletoe Effect (One and Only Texas, #0.5)
Welcome! I am honored to be able to write novels for readers like you that are inspired by my grandmothers’ heirlooms, lives and lessons. The stories I write are meant to serve as a universal tribute to family as well as all of our elders, whose stories and sacrifices helped shape us and make us the people we are today.

I couldn’t be prouder of my new novel, The Summer Cottage, which publishes Tues