Start by marking “Candy Cane Christmas (Cottonbloom, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Candy Cane Christmas (Cottonbloom, #3.5)

Candy Cane Christmas

(Cottonbloom #3.5)

A very Cottonbloom Christmas!

Jeremy Whitehurst has tried to leave his bad-boy behavior and tarnished image behind in Alabama for a fresh start in Cottonbloom, Louisiana. Unfortunately, trouble has dogged him across state lines. Stepping up and protecting a young woman from her abusive boyfriend earned him a beat-down and got him fired. Although the thanks in the girl’s dar
Published October 25th 2016 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about Candy Cane Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Candy Cane Christmas

Eve (Between The Bookends)
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it

description

What a sweet little Holiday story this was.

Jeremy Whitehurst has left his troubled past and bad boy ways behind him in Alabama. Now working as a mechanic in Cottonbloom, Louisiana he lives a quiet and low-key lifestyle that suits him just fine.

Kayla Redmond has made more than her fair share of bad decisions. Getting involved with an abusive man left her hurting and guarding her heart. Now all she is focused on is her future as a bookkeeper. Fate has other plans for Kayla when her new job at Fou
Claire Robinson
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 - "Come on in out of the cold." Stars!

I have absolutely adored everything 'Cottonbloom' that Laura Trentham has released this year, so being given an added treat for Christmas, just rounded off this series perfectly for me.

Jeremy Whitehurst is a character that I have known since the Falcon Football series, and he has come a long way since those books, it was great to see him on occasion through the course of the Cottonbloom stories, and I am happy that Laura was given the opportunity to give
Irene

Candy Cane Christmas was a sweet and heartwarming holiday read.

Life for both Jeremy and Kayla had not been easy, both have taken steps to better their life and to put the past mistakes and pain behind them.
It warmed my heart watching Jeremy and Kayla connect and fall in love, they truly deserved their HEA.

description

I've loved all the books in the Cottonbloom series, author Laura Trentham has given us wonderful, memorable characters with entertaining storylines that will leave you with heart full
Nicola
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Laura Trentham's writing, and it's no secret that the small town of Cottonbloom well and truly captured my heart in 2016, so the opportunity for a festive little visit? Try and stop me.

description

For those of you that have read the series you'll remember Kayla and Jeremy from the first book in the series, Kiss Me That Way and with them being younger than the Fournette siblings and their beloved's, Candy Cane Christmas does have a NA feel to it.

description

It may be novella length
Bette Hansen
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
A wonderfully sweet holiday read that will leave you smiling. Laura Trentham takes us back to Cottonbloom with the story of Jeremy Whitehurst. He was a troubled bad boy back in Alabama but since coming to Louisiana and working for Fournette Brothers Designs he's shed is bad boy image and started over. All his hard work is put to the test when the sassy new bookkeeper at Fournette's shows up. Jeremy has never been too fond of the holidays but this Christmas might be his best ever!

A really cute sh
Saly
Super short story about Kayla who we met in the first book and who allowed her douche boyfriend to push her around and the guy who rescued her ages ago. The heroine is older and wiser now and runs into the hero in her new work-place. Nice, decent one.
Maria Rose
Candy Cane Christmas is a lovely short holiday novella, set in Cottonbloom, Louisiana with characters that touch on the settings of both the Cottonbloom and the Falcon Football series by this author. I’ve read one of the football series and quite enjoyed it, but hadn’t read any of the Cottonbloom ones yet, so the secondary characters were not particularly familiar to me but the story reads well as a standalone.

Kayla has embarrassing memories of the night Jeremy saved her from her abusive ex, but
Cheryl
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is a fine short story. However, I found it lacking in a really good character development and story. It seemed that I kept waiting for the story to really pick up with excitement. In addition, the chemistry between Jeremy and Kayla was more like friends then lovers. I read the sex scenes and had no reactions, except for the first meeting between Jeremy and Kayla. That scene I did feel some steam. Again, I did not mind the length of this book as short stories can be just as great as full len ...more
Jewlsbookblog
Kayla and Jeremy made their first appearance in Kiss Me That Way when Jeremy helps Monroe Kirby (now Fournette) and Kayla out of a bad situation with Kayla's ex-boyfriend. A couple of years later, Jeremy and Kayla's paths cross again, this time in the workplace.. and with much better results!

Considering the length of the story, Kayla and Jeremy were reasonably well developed characters. Both are learning to deal with insecurities from their perspective pasts and with some outside help, and each
Ann Lorz
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've really been enjoying Laura Trentham's books. I find them so easy to read and contain such great characters. I was so thrilled when I heard that she was going to do a Christmas novella. I don't know about you but I really love novella's. They are really easy to read during the holidays. You can finish them in no time and don't feel like you're taking time away from friends and family to read.

You meet Jeremy in Trentham's Falcon Football Series. He's just a kid then and in the beginning you
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This short novella was an extremely quick read. I have not read the previous books in this series, but I need to. I recommend you have read them in order to truly appreciate this story.

Jeremy Whitehurst had a terrible childhood and became rebellious and got into a lot of trouble back in Alabama. He moved to Cottonbloom, Louisiana. He now leads a quiet and low-key lifestyle that suits him just fine. He works for the Fournette Brothers and is treated like family by them. Kayla Redmond has a troubl
Kate's Corner

First of all let me say that I love Christmas. There is such a wonder feel but when it comes to books about Christmas not so much.

Secondly we are talking about Ms. Trentham and I love her Cottonbloom series. Since I read the first book I have been waiting for Kayla and Jeremy’s book.

Jeremy Whitehurst lived in Falcon and has had a hard past and has made some mistakes. He tries to move on but lives with what he’s done. He hasn’t ever had a proper Christmas. He has feelings for Kayla ever since he
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Eeep ! More Cottonbloom goodness!

More reviews and book talk at :

You can find me here too ☞
Anna
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
***ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Love the Falcon Football series by this author and Jeremy, H, had a small cameo role in that series. Unfortunately I found this novella lacking Ms. Trentham's usual story telling and relationship development. It's a novella so it went fairly quick but was sadly missing depth for me. I was left too often pausing at the abrupt transitions between the two MCs while wanting more of the glimpses of their chemistry.
ItsAboutTheBook
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holly
Review can be read at It's About The Book

Laura Trentham’s small town of Cottonbloom seems to be visited with handsome, studly men who have matured and seasoned to that fine ripeness we all look for. Recovering bad boys turned alpha male who have decided that there is room in their hearts for love. Women who’ve never been treated right finding themselves and looking for more than a man who’ll leave whenever things get tough. And Christmas? Well, it certainly brings out the small child in all
Barb Lie
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Candy Cane Christmas by Laura Trentham is a novella that is part of her Cottonbloom series. It was nice to be able to revisit Cottonbloom, as I really loved the first three books. Candy Cane Christmas was a sweet romance that had a fun Christmas theme.

Kayla Redmon, our heroine, was rescued from an abusive boyfriend in the first book by Morgan, our then heroine. Kayla has pulled herself up from those dark days, and with Morgan’s help, gets a job working at Fournette Brothers Designs.

Jeremy White
JoDeen
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of Laura Trentham , her Cottonbloom series is just fantastic .When I heard that Jeremy and Kayla were getting a novella I was so excited. And when I had a chance to read this book early I dived into this story as soon as I could and I loved it , Candy Cane Lane was fantastic.

I love these two characters, I've gotten to know little bits and pieces about Jeremy and Kayla and I already knew I liked them from the other books in the series , but this book made me absolutely adore them,
Romantic Reads and Such
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting a long time for Jeremy to get a HEA and Trentham delivers beautifully. She gives us all of his background info that we’ve been waiting for, plus forgiveness and a chance at something more than just living for him.

Jeremy’s been beating himself up for his bad decisions for a long time but he’s proven himself to be a better man, to have learned from his past. Now he just has to realize it :) Kayla also has a little self-forgiveness to do and to realize that bad choices don’t defi
Donna
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This sweet little Christmas novella is based on Laura Trentham's Cottonbloom book series. It was a great story, written in the wonderful style that author Laura Trentham is so loved for. I loved the Cottonbloom books and thought that this short story was the perfect topping to a holiday season. Kayla Redmond and Jeremy Whitehurst cross paths when Kayla goes to work at Fournette Designs. There is an instant attraction and the reader is treated to an endearing love story. I recommend this book and ...more
Paula
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun, sweet holiday story is Candy Cane Christmas by Laura Trentham. Having only read one other book by Ms. Trentham, I wondered if I would be confused after reading that Jeremy and Kayla had made appearances in other books when they were younger. No need to be concerned at all, this novella read fine on its own.

Just four chapters with a short epilogue, the story does progress at a fast rate. While there is some character development, being short there just isn’t the time for great depth.
Jessica Figueroa
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Overall I thought that this was a short, sweet, and enjoyable holiday read. Wish this novella could've been longer but its good for what it is. I thought it was interesting getting to see the brief history between the two and seeing their relationship now seeing friendship going into something more heated and sweet. This book is great to give you the holidays feels and if you are pressed for time and want a short escape into a book then I think this book is for you.
Sheri
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A super fast read that leaves a big feel-good feeling. I adore short Christmas novellas and this one hit the mark. I loved that the H/h were trying so hard yet still lacked the self-confidence they'd earned. Very real and a satisfying story. Loved the mechanics/body shop setting!
Heather andrews
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I loved Jeremy, he had some good ideas, "there are much more fun things we can do in the dark.” He fumbled with the remote, turned off the TV, and proceeded to demonstrate." This was a quick read, but it got you into the holiday spirit.
Sheryl C. Nash
*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and St Martin's Press*
Elizabeth H.
This is a super sweet novella about two previous secondary characters in the Cottonbloom world. We first meet Jeremy and Kayla in Book 1, Kiss Me That Way, Cade Fournette and Monroe Kirby’s story. Monroe taught self-defense classes and Kayla was one of her students. Monroe also had a soft spot for the young lady and made sure Kayla knew that if she ever got into trouble, she could call Monroe.

Well, one night Kayla needed help. Monroe and Kayla were cornered by Kayla’s drunk abusive boyfriend an
Carrie
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars for this Christmas novella!

Candy Cane Christmas is both sweet and sexy. The novella brings together two slightly wounded characters who find happiness and healing together. I loved Jeremy, the ultimate wounded bad boy and fell harder as each layer was peeled back. Kayla was the perfect heroine for him. She’d made some bad choices too but didn’t let her past overshadow her bright future.

I highly recommend Candy Cane Christmas. It’s a fun holiday read!

I received an ARC from Netgalley and
Ari Zapata
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Decent short read. Wish it developed the characters a tiny bit more but guess that's the short story effect. Hehe.
Katherine
Ok. Sweet, small town romance with a hero and heroine who both have rough pasts. Nothing new or exciting here.

Bought from kindle
Jeanne Grace
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved It!!!
Shonda Franks
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just started this book and just started a new year. Cute story.
Author of smart, sexy Southern contemporary romance, Regency historicals, & heartfelt Women's Fiction
Series include:
Sweet Home Alabama
Cottonbloom
Spies and Lovers
Heart of a Hero
Highland, Georgia

Cottonbloom (6 books)
  • Kiss Me That Way (Cottonbloom, #1)
  • Then He Kissed Me (Cottonbloom, #2)
  • Till I Kissed You (Cottonbloom, #3)
  • Leave The Night On (Cottonbloom, #4)
  • When the Stars Come Out (Cottonbloom, #5)
  • Set the Night on Fire (Cottonbloom, #6)