Start by marking “Screwed” as Want to Read:
Screwed

Screwed

(The Sutherlands: One Family #1b)

Cash Hale has been in love with his best friend’s wife forever. Now Callie and Beau are divorced, but she’s still way off-limits. Dating her would betray his friendship with Beau. And Cash is nothing if not loyal.

Callie Sutherland is starting over. The end of her marriage was just one more way she failed to live up to her wealthy family’s expectations, so from now on she’s
ebook, 1st edition, 319 pages
Published May 28th 2018 by Entangled Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Screwed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Screwed

description

This is exactly what I needed. A cute and hot contemporary romance to get me out of this goddammit slump

I’ve been a fan of Jamieson’s books for a few years now and it never she never fails. I love her female characters their male counterparts still a little bit of work but she’s getting there.

I really enjoyed Callie and Cash. I loved Callie in particular. She was fierce and vulnerable and so sweet! Seeing her grow was not only fun but inspiring.

Finding a new path in life and getting to know you
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Based off this title I wasn't expecting this to be such a sweet story. Both main characters were genuinely good people that were just in a difficult situation. I really liked both of them and loved seeing these two together despite the obstacles in their way.

Back in college, Cash's best friend beat him to the girl first. He had to stuff down his attraction to Callie and watch his best friend date and eventually marry her. This story begins after Callie divorces Baeu and spent a year traveling.

I
Carol
3.75 stars.
Really sweet romance. This is the first romance that I have read by her that wasn't sports related. It was nice to read a book with a different setting while still maintaining the same level of charm, humor and tenderness I associate with this author's books.
Her characters always seem to display a certain integrity and honesty in dealing with whatever obstacles they face and I find that really attractive.
Callie and Cash were so well suited and geniune. Callie was never really valued b
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: May 28, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance (hints of forbidden)
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Screwed is the first book I have read from author Kelly Jamieson. I picked up a copy when it went on sale because I heard good things about her books. Plus, the cover is pretty gorgeous right? Anyway, I am really happy I grabbed this one. It's got all the hallmarks for a sweet and sexy romance with a forbidden element that makes it stand out. I loved the Texas drawl, how the heroine finally st
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
4.5 STARS

Screwed is a heartwarming, deliciously sweet and sexy story of a character who finds her own self worth after divorce... and finds a second chance at love in the most inconvenient place. I absolutely ADORED this book. From cover to cover,  I was transfixed, completely consumed by the chemistry and undeniable passion between Callie Sutherland and Cash Hale... HER EX HUSBAND'S BEST FRIEND!!  Chin... meet floor.

I'm not a huge fan of third person point of view but Kelly Jamieson makes me fo
Beth
Callie is recently divorced and starting over. Her family is not behind her because Cash, her ex, was the perfect husband for their business connections and both Callie and Cash are from a families with wealth.

Cash’s best friend Beau and business partner has a thing for Callie. He thought she was an uptight rich girl until he got to know her, and it was love. As you can imagine, dating your best friend’s ex is not something you should do... but his heart has other ideas.

Delightfully fun, heartfe
Alex ♈
He was a coward and she hadn't a best taste in men.
Dali
Kelly Jamieson crafts a highly mature, sweet and enjoyable contemporary Texan romance.

With her marriage over and tired of continually failing to uphold her family’s expectation, Callie Sutherland has realized she needs to live her own life and go after what she wants. Finding something to do with her love for art and baking would be nice, but what she really wants is her ex-husband’s best friend and business partner.

No matter how he spins it, Cash Hale is Scr3w3d! He’s been in love with his bes
Carvanz
After a divorce from her cheating ex-husband, Callie is trying to figure out what to do with her life. Having always done what her family wanted, she is now breaking away, but the answers to her dilemma aren’t so easy to find. Cash, her friend and yet her ex’s best friend as well, has been there to help her with small problems along the way. After a drunken night, a discussion of tattoos and some cookies, Callie is suddenly seeing something in Cash she was never expecting.

I enjoyed this “ex’s be
Karen
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure the title is really relevant to the story....#1 and #2 I'll have to excuse myself to go brush my teeth because this was a very sweet story. I don't think even the bad characters could stay "bad". If you love sweets then this is your book. Yum, Cash!!

ARC Netgalley and publisher for the sweet deal of reporting an honest review.
Elaine
Rating: 4.5/5

This is a delicious, heartwarming, sweet friends to lovers romance. It is a story about Callie Sutherland who divorces Beau, her cheating husband, and is starting to make a new life for herself. She has a lot of support from her ex-husband’s business partner and best friend, Cash Hale, but as the attraction between the two escalates so do the obstacles in their way! Cash has loved Callie for years - even before she married Beau but has resisted the attraction . . . until now! He is
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

When I first read this book it was somewhat shorter so I was thrilled to find it expanded and re-released. Being a lifelong Texan, I found Screwed to be overly clichéd, however I loved the story and the characters so I put the whole overblown Texan bit aside and focused on the couple and their relationship. A forbidden affair leads to so much more in this sweet and satisfying contemporary romance from Kelly Jamieson.

After finding her husband cheating with his secretary, Callie files for divorce
Michal Inbar
The hero left his whoring days behinde and his balls too. They now belong to the heroine.
Liz
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Blurbs for books like Screwed by Kelly Jamieson are my kryptonite! A man in love with his best friend’s wife and now they are divorced, but she should still be off limits, right? I could not wait to read it once I read that blurb!

Cash Hale has loved Callie for a long time. The only problem? She married his best friend Beau. Now they are divorced, but she is still off limits. Cash is an honest and loyal man and Beau is not only his best friend, but also his business partner.

Callie Sutherland is
My Pink Fairytales
I LOVED IT!

Where should i start? I could tell you that you need to read this book, if you want to see how a true heroine should be in a book, how maybe when it comes to love and fidelity isn't always a black and white type of thing, to learn to love yourself and believe in yourself and think you are good enough.

This book made me cry, because it hit a rough spot for me, maybe that's why the 5* rating. But it wasn't just that. The amazing alpha caveman, out of the world smut and dirty talk, strong
Amy McNeece
This is my first book by this author. I read the synopsis and I bought it cause it sounded so good! It had potential but it fell flat for me. I just needed more..
Samantha (WLABB)
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Screwed" was definitely an appropriate name for this book, because both hero and heroine were stuck between a rock and hard place, when it came their romance.

Who?

• Callie, divorced from her cheating husband, Beau, and trying to find her "happy".
• Cash, Beau's best friend and business parter, who has harbored unrequited feelings for Callie

What?

After Callie returns from a post-divorce year of traveling, she begins spending more and more time with Cash. The more time they spend together, the more
Heather 123
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute story, not your typical girl falls in love with ex's best friend. I loved that unlike those typical stories, it was the guy who had always been in love with his best friend's girl then wife then ex. I appreciated the battle he faced when he found out his best friend was cheating on her: do you stay local to your best friend or to the woman you've secretly been in love with but can never have? Oh and to top it all off, your best friend is also your business partner so if you screw ...more
WycEd Reader
Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Kris – ☆☆☆☆
Kelly Jamieson is a new-to-me author but the premise sounded good and I took a chance. It's a good book, I enjoyed the storyline very much. Callie is recently divorced but her parents still love her ex. She's a bit of a socialite and good Southern belle. Trying to find her way after her divorce, she finds herself wanting to open her own bakery, much to her parents’ and her ex's annoyance. Cash is her ex's best friend and he's also still his busin
Bec_BookMagicReviews

Cash Hale fell in love with his best friend's girl, but for years has done everything he can to keep his feelings buried. However, now that Callie and his best friend are divorced, Cash finds it hard to stay away from her, even though he knows getting involved with his friend's ex is a bad idea. But with Callie finally getting her life on track the way she wants and Cash being so loyal, will they get their shot at happy ever after or will Callie have her heart broken all over again?

Out of all th
Callixta
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Voilà tout à fait le genre de petite romance sans prétention qui tient toutes ses promesses. L’histoire est classique mais bien vue et les deux héros sont attachants surtout Cash tout en discrétion et virilité.

L’histoire se déroule au Texas, dans un milieu très traditionnel qui ne convient pas bien à l’héroïne, Callie. Un an auparavant, elle a surpris son mari avec une autre et elle l’a quitté. Un an plus tard, le divorce est prononcé. Pendant ces derniers moi, Callie a voyagé notamment en Franc
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Copy received via Netgalley for an honest review

This is the first Kelly Jamieson story that I have read that was not sports related - and I liked it!

Cash and Callie's story is as sweet, sexy, heartwarming friend-to-lovers story about a woman and her ex husband's best friend.

We can guess from the outset that his is going to cause some problems, however I loved the way our lovelies worked their way through them - eventually.

I am not going to lie - I pretty much despised her ex and her parents most
Mary Mooney
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
Callie finds herself at her very own divorce parties. Her divorce from Beau has been over for s year but she left Texas for a trip around Europe. Now she is back home and her friends have thrown her a party. She wants to do something with her life besides being a trophy wife and baking is something she loved doing while she was in Paris.
Cash has been a friend to Callie since Callie started dating Beau,
Viper Spaulding
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when the love of your life marries your best friend?

This was Cash's dilemma for years, until he caught Beau cheating on Callie and even though he couldn't say anything to Callie, he knew their marriage was all but over.

A year after the inevitable divorce, Callie is trying to find her stride and coming to terms with the truth of her marriage. Right there for her, always there for her, is the gorgeous and supportive friend, Cash. An intense trip to the tattoo parlor to forever imp
Amanda
3.5 stars, rounding down

I read this as soon as it came out because it has two of my favorite tropes, friends-to-lovers and unrequited love! It's also ~forbidden love~ because Callie is the ex-wife of Cash's best friend and business partner. A good portion of the conflict and angst hinges on this, and the idea that they can't be together because of this, so I spent a lot of time asking myself if that's really forbidden? I don't know. I don't have an ex-husband for my best friend to date.

This was
Jennifer Schultheis
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Screwed by Kelly Jamieson is a well-written romance filled with many sweet and sexy moments. If you need a read low on the angst, this one is for you!

Callie is newly divorced after stumbling upon her husband’s infidelity. While Callie starts to question her new role in life, she also starts to question her sudden feelings for Cash. Cash is her former husband’s best friend and business partner. So, to say a relationship between the two would be complicated, is putting it mildly.

Cash has been in l
Ruthie Taylor
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I have read a number of Kelly Jamieson novels, and this is another good addition to the collection. The writing style is easy and conversational and it doesn't take long to get into the story.

I really liked both Cash and Callie's characters, although the fact that Cash had loved her for years and she really had no clue showed just what a good guy he was! Mind you, once he gets a chance to get close, he cannot resist, an
Danielle
I am a big fan of Kelly Jamieson and I really loved the premise of this one. This is the kind of forbidden romance I like. Callie has finally divorced her cheating ex Beau after a year of separation. She is still really good friends with her ex’s best friend and business partner Cash. They wind up getting really close but can a relationship between these two work? I really loved that Callie did not care about her ex. She was used to being a people pleaser but once she left her ex, she also left ...more
Nalla Reads
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Originally posted on NallaReads.com

description

This is a second chance romance unlike any other I've read! Callie has been separated from her husband for over a year due to his affairs (and honestly his belief that they are no big deal JERK) but is finally finalizing her divorce. With a family that has pressured her into "marrying the right man" for the wrong reasons and enforce her to show a "proper image" she can't take the strain any more. She's intent to become her own woman and find her own happiness,
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a super cute, super sweet romance between two characters I didn’t actually expect to like. Privileged debutante divorcees aren’t usually my cup of tea but I found it impossible not to love Callie just a little bit - even if she is rich, beautiful and pretty much perfect. Cash has a slightly grittier past but his Southern charm is even harder to resist.

The ex-husband’s-best-friend thing threw me more than a little at the
Kelly Jamieson is a USA Today bestselling author of over 40 romance novels and novellas. Her writing has been described as “emotionally complex”, “sweet and satisfying” and “blisteringly sexy”. She likes black coffee, white wine and high heels…and of course cheering on her Winnipeg Jets during hockey season! She loves hearing from readers, so please visit her website at www.kellyjamieson.com.

The Sutherlands: One Family (1 books)
  • The Sutherlands: One Family Saga: 10 Sexy Stories