Start by marking “Bad Apples 3: Seven Slices of Halloween Horror” as Want to Read:
Bad Apples 3: Seven Slices of Halloween Horror

Bad Apples 3: Seven Slices of Halloween Horror

The Bad Apples crew is back with its biggest Halloween anthology yet! Join The Light Brothers, Edward Lorn, Jason Parent, Gregor Xane, Mark Matthews, John McNee and Craig Saunders for a fresh delivery of all-new macabre tales for the haunting season.

• On Halloween night, an artist intends to use humanity as his canvas, to mold flesh into his greatest masterpiece. In Adam a
Published September 6th 2016 by Corpus Press (first published September 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Apples 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Apples 3

Janie C.
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This collection has something for everyone for this Halloween season.  It contains a variety of creepy stories from the surreal to the visceral.  Adam and Evans Light's Belle Souffrance is a tale of revenge and biomechanics, taking the term "body art" to a whole new level.   John McNee's Chocolate Covered Eyeball is colorful and imaginative, and will discourage the kid in you to ever steal candy again.  October's End by Craig Saunders is a claustrophobic trip to grandma's house that reminded me ...more
Zoeytron
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How do you like them apples? I like 'em fine when they come in such horrifying slices. You know the poisoned apple of fairytale fame that caused Snow White to fall into a deep sleep? Not to worry, there is not a one of these seven bites that is conducive to sleeping.

Belle Souffrance by Adam & Evans Light
L'Artiste has mastered the art of suffering. He grew up with it. His eclectic painting accoutrements are not available at any art supply shop. He must acquire his own working materials, and
Gregor Xane
Aug 16, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
BAD APPLES 3: SEVEN SLICES OF HALLOWEEN HORROR released!

Grab it now in Kindle or paperback!

Amazon US | Amazon CA | Amazon UK | Amazon AU

Paperback editions also available at: Barnes & Noble | Books-A-Million
Char (Tacky Genre Buff)
Bad Apples 3 is the third installment of this series, headed up by the Light brothers, Adam and Evans. Each year they seem to up their game with this Halloween entry and this year was no different.

The standouts to me in this volume were:

Belle Souffrance by the Light Brothers. A nasty little Halloween tale. Beautiful Suffering is what it means and suffering, beautiful or not, is what's going to happen.

Chocolate Covered Eyeballs by John McNee. What else is there to say? This was my second f
Frank Errington
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Halloween is fast approaching, don't believe me, just stop by your local big box store or visit any super drug store. Candy and costumes and decorations are popping up everywhere.

Good news is, it's also time for Halloween anthologies and scary stories to appear on bookshelves and in your news-feeds.

One such collection is from Evans and Adam Light, co-creators of the Bad Apples anthology series.

Bad Apples 3:Seven Slices of Halloween Horror is a delicious concoction of tales that are much more fun
Kimberly
BAD APPLES 3: Seven Slices of Halloween Horror is the third installment of this Halloween themed anthology. Adam and Evans Light, Jason Parent, Gregor Xane, and Edward Lorn are now adding story inclusions from John McNee, Craig Saunders, and Mark Matthews. While the main criteria is a Halloween themed story, each author brings us their own, vastly different tale.

We start with a collaboration from the Light Brothers, entitled "Belle Souffrance". Our main character, Serge, had a difficult beginnin
Bill
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had this one for a while and held onto it so that I could savor the stories later in October. It was a lot harder than it sounds. I am not a very good “waiter.” There’s something about reading in the dark and rainy weather though, so I stuck it out and held off. Glad I did. It was well worth the wait, as I knew it would be. We had a whopping 3 dreary days in a row and even had 2 days of rain, so I ripped into this one while the atmosphere was right. (As I write this, it is 82 degrees and frick ...more
Nev Murray
"The one thing that you will always get in a Bad Apples collection is a bunch of stories from a bunch of authors that will be so totally different from the last one you read that the level of variety is just superb. Yeah they are all connected to Halloween but that’s as close as they get to being similar."

See here for the full review:

Bad Apples 3

Edward Lorn
Aug 18, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
You guys are in for a treat.
WendyB
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, ha-tbr-2017
Hated the first story, Belle Souffrance, just too sick and twisted for me. The rest were just alright.
Peter
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With October right around the corner, the Bad Apple's crew is back in town, with Seven Slices of Halloween.

"Belle Souffrance" by Adam & Evan Light
Serge is a trouble young man. His memories of Halloween were not very pleasant. He went through a lot of suffering by the hands of his father. His father, wanted him to be more of a man, like him. After Serge mother died, he saw a chance a chance to be reborn and to changes things, like they have never been before.

"Chocolate Covered Eyeball" by Joh
Joel Kleehammer
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror-fantasy
I wrote notes along the way, but suffice it to say that I enjoyed this year's installment of Bad Apples. I was pleased by six of seven stories, which is a win in my book.
Scot
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Pending review
Kaisersoze
The third in the Bad Apples series again focused on that holiday which no other nation seems to do as well, Halloween. Like its predecessors, Bad Apples 3 consists of an assortment of tales ranging in quality from excellent to perplexing, but there is sure to be something for everyone here.

It starts oddly with the Light Brothers' BELLE SOUFFRANCE which did not really work for me, before new contributor to the series, John McNee, righted the listing ship with a unique spin on the Halloween horro
Robin Lee
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is my Halloween pick for a terrifying, haunting, bizarre and humorous read this year. You get seven juicy, sour stories by seven different authors. Three I am already familiar with and the other four are new to me. Yet, I didn’t find one rotten Apple in the bunch.

“Belle Souffrance” (Beautiful Suffering) by the team of authors, Adam and Evans Light. Both whom I have read and reviewed stories of theirs in the past. This story turned out to be very gory and bizarre. It’s Halloween night and L’
Jamie
Oct 21, 2016 added it
Shelves: horror
Creepy vs scary, but good stories.

Received this book free through a Goodreads Giveaway.
Meghan
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon
Mommacat
Poor John McNee. His great Halloween story was spoiled by a bunch of (wait for it) bad apples.
Justin
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, short-stories
The third Bad Apples volume presents seven Halloween stories from many of the same authors.

“Belle Souffrance” Adam and Evans Light
An artist plans to carve a canvas of flesh on Halloween night. This was an odd story with an interesting protagonist with a harrowing backstory, although I felt the structure was a bit clunky with the past and present actions. Also there wasn’t a whole lot of Halloween involved. 3/5

“Chocolate Covered Eyeball” by John McNee
A man moves back to his hometown where he used
Ramona Plant
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These is an entertaining compilation of short stories involving different kinds of Halloween. It has a very "Tales from the Crypt" and "Twilight Zone" vibe to it.

The first book, Belle Souffrance, was twisted and demented, leaving you scared to the core!
Chocolate Covered Eyeball was also quite the twisted story, with less of a gore factor but makes you believe in the boogie man.
October's End left me with a desolate feeling and reminded me a tad of groundhog day with a twist.
The Uncle Taffy's Girl
Charity
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
I loved the first book, liked the second book, and didn't like or love this third book. Too out there, disturbing, and disgusting for my taste. Obviously I wasn't into this book since it took me over a month to read it. And yet, despite all of this, I'll probably pick up the fourth addition next year (if there is one).
RachelvlehcaR
Lisa
Oct 29, 2018
David
Jan 11, 2017
Q&A with The Ligh...: New Release from The Light Brothers! 1 8 Sep 02, 2016 12:44PM
  • Bad Apples: Five Slices of Halloween Horror
  • Doorbells at Dusk: Halloween Stories
  • Bad Apples 2: Six Slices of Halloween Horror
  • The Pumpkin House
  • Halloween Carnival Volume 1
  • Best New Horror 22 (The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror, #22)
  • Infernal Parade
  • Darkest Hours
  • The Valancourt Book of Horror Stories: Volume One
  • Gateway Drug
  • The Brains of Rats
Adam Light resides in northeast Florida with his beautiful wife and daughter, and their aptly named Walker hound, Walker. He haunts a cubicle by day, writes horror stories at night, and virtually never sleeps.

He is the author of several short horror stories, some of which have been published in his first collection, TOES UP. His stories can also be found in the anthologies BAD APPLES, BAD APPLES 2