Start by marking “Blackwood” as Want to Read:
Blackwood

Blackwood

I dig. It’s what I do. I’ll literally use a shovel to answer a question. Some answers, though, have been buried too deep for too long. But I’ll find those, too. And I know where to dig—the Blackwood Estate on the edge of the Mississippi Delta. Garrett Blackwood is the only thing standing between me and the truth. A broken man—one with desires that dance in the darkest part ...more
Published January 8th 2017 by Celia Aaron (first published January 7th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Blackwood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blackwood

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2! Blackwood (stand-alone). Erotic thriller about shrieks in the forest around recluse Garrett Blackwood’s estate!

“Fuck!” He roared and bit me again, then flipped me onto my back.
His hair hung in disarray, and he was every bit as wild as the forest around us.”

Blackwood (stand-alone) opens up to archaeology student Elise Vale aka Red on a mission to find her missing father. All her research points to that answers might be buried around the woods of the Blackwood estate.

Recluse and fo
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017

4-4.5 Stars!!

If you enjoy erotic thriller/mysteries than you don’t want to miss this one. 'Blackwood' was alluring, intriguing, sexy as f@ck and it kept me at the edge of my seat for one reason or another the entire time. While I’ve read and enjoyed many books by this author, I have to say this gripping, dark-ish tale was my favorite to date. It was fantastically written, sucked me in from the very beginning with its premise and held my interest the entire time with an engaging story line and la

Candace
If you're in the mood for a dark, suspenseful read, then 'Blackwood' is one to consider. A standalone, it was a relatively quick read and it kept me on the edge of my seat right to the end. In fact, it kept me guessing far longer than I had anticipated and didn't leave me with any lingering questions.

The story begins with Elise Vale, a graduate student, visiting a small southern town to begin a dig for her archaeology project. However, her schoolwork is not her sole motivation. Her father disapp
Liz
"Blackwood's secrets were mine to discover, and I would find them all."
description

Blackwood is a stand-alone thriller/dark romance that will take you on one unforgettable ride. Full of complex characters, an intriguing plot, and one seriously alluring hero, it is an absolute must read for dark romance fans.

description
"I'm the fucking wolf, and I'll eat you alive."
Elise Vale is studying archeology and has the perfect site in mind for her next dig. Blackwood Estate is nestled deep in the forest, and an ominous aur
Sophia Triad
I absolutely loved it, but I am not sure what I have just read.

Is it a mystery/thriller about someone who may or may not be dead, but he is definitely missing?
Is it erotica, dark and full of “rape fantasies” and how they influence the lives of both the enthusiastic, agreeable “rapist” and the willing, begging for her treatment “victim” of the CONSENSUAL “rape”?
Is it romance where the big bad beast transforms into a big sweet teddy-bear?
Is it new adult about the strangling of a twenty something
Sabrina
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I honestly didn't know what to expect from Blackwood and I went into it blind, without reading any reviews on it. I think that was the best way to experience this book because it let me get all the surprises without anything being ruined or just hinted at enough where things didn't shock me as much.

This story isn't one that I can even describe that well because it had a bit of everything. Garrett was sexy and brought that raw passion to the book, while Elise was inquisitive and on the hunt for
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.5 Stars⭐⭐⭐⭐

Wow Wow Wow!!!

I haven’t been on the edge of my seat while reading a book in a long time. I was like an addict trying to savor my hit and draw out the euphoria while thinking about the next time I can experience it all over again! This story was EVERYTHING. These characters were raw, passionate, and honest to a fault and I freakin LOVED every single thing about them.

“ I wanted his wildness, and his veiled passion. If only for this single moment, maybe I could feel something
warhawke
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of sexy thriller/suspense

Genre: Dark Erotic Thriller
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Elise (Red) Vale was a doctorate student in archaeology. She had her eyes on the Blackwood Estate for possible discovery of Native American artifacts. But she also had a personal agenda to uncover a mystery she intend to solve.

Garrett Blackwood was the reclusive owner of the estate. Preferring to shut himself out of the world, he tried to warn her away but there was something about her that provoked his hunger. Her gl
Alexa Riley
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Celia Aaron took me to a dark place and left me craving more. Blackwood is a daring, edgy, erotic thriller that still managed to be tender in all the right places.
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
For me, the only thing missing from this book, the only thing I desperately wanted but couldn't find, was Garrett's POV. However, I understand why it wasn't possible. The whole mystery surrounding him wouldn't be much of a mystery, now would it? Thankfully, Elise was a strong heroine and the story was told beautifully through her eyes.

Elise is an archaeology student, trying to finish her doctorate with a final dig: the woods at the Blackwood Estate. She digs. It's what she does. And she intends
Snow
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it

4.5 "thriller intense gripping"stars

The Blackwood estate entirely covered with alluring surroundings, haunting and daunting...

And it's a place that Elise Vale, a PhD student must get entrance to for several reasons....
One that is equaly legit and equaly misplaced as a cover up
I'm working on my Ph. D. in archaeology, and my focus is on Choctaw culture.

Cause of another reason looming and pushing Elise forward and that one is of deeper personal nature...
Blackwood's secrets were mine to discov
CC
4.25 Stars

description

Elise “Red” Vale is a graduate student studying archeology. Using her student credentials and under the guise of her thesis, she intends to enter the private property of Blackwood Estate to search for Native American artifacts, however she is intent on finding answers related to the suspicious circumstances surrounding her father’s death.

“Nothing here is untouched. Everything is spoiled, ruined.”

Garrett Blackwood is a former professor and is known to be a mysterious and potentiall
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Author’s Note: This is a standalone mystery/suspense romance with violence and explicit/intense sex. If you need a trigger warning, then this isn't the book for you.

This is told in Elise Vale’s own words, and is the first book I’ve read by this author, but to say I was intrigued with the reviews had me one clicking this. Blackwood is a stand-alone dark romance/suspense/thriller that will take you on one hell of an unforgettable ride.

Elsie’s is working on her Ph.D in archaeology with one f
Pam Godwin
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh! I loved this book. Loved the refreshingly unique plot and setting, the mysterious hero, and the fiercely determined heroine. The romance never feels routine, knowing exactly when to heat up, when to come, and when to sigh with satisfaction. This is an edge-of-your-seat erotic thriller, rife with vivid imagery and buoyed by top-notch writing. I highly recommend.
Elle
4* big bad wolf STARS!!

Review @ Midnight Romance

description

I'm not really a fan of bearded man. The cover didn't do anything for me except the intriguing blurb and everyone seems to like it. Color me curious, this isn't something I've expected. Celia Aaron managed to surprise me :)

To achieve her PhD in archaeology, Elise Vale will do anything to dig in Blackwood Estate. With or without permission from the owner, Garrett Blackwood. Elise also has hidden agenda to uncover the disappearance of her father. Ev
Sybil aka Lala
I’m giving Blackwood ONE STAR because its author is the single most versatile writer I have ever come across. From straight-up dirty fuck-fests to books so dark they make you wonder about her psyche to books that make you sob like a toddler who got socks for Christmas, Celia Aaron can do it all. She proves this again in Blackwood – a story filled with thrilling suspense and intriguing mystery.

I’m giving Blackwood TWO STARS because of its main character. I still haven’t decided who I like best. T
Jilly
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Won't anybody think of the children?

Yeah, it was dark but delicious. There was a mystery that was better than Scooby Doo. (In case you didn't know, Scooby Doo is my go-to standard by which I judge all mysteries. I'm mature that way.) There was plenty of action, death, betrayal. These people had their own personalized coffee mugs at the local hospital. And, then there was the romance. Yikes! It was smutalicious.

But, watch out. Triggers!

I'm just wondering what he's trying to qualify for..

Yeah, the
Elfina Renee
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
 photo Reapers Fire 7.gif
This woman can write her ass off! The tale of mystery she weaves only further entrance you with who done it and why. Wasn't sure who Elise should trust, who'd thought digging up bones to an old mystery could be the one that winds up killing her. The Blackwoods holds a killer secret are you ready to find out what it is?
 photo Blackwood.jpg
edge of bubble
I've been curious about this cover ahem I mean book, for a while. it is supposed to be dark, fingers crossed.

This must be the guide book for aspiring smut authors. Showing them how to not fuck up heroes with good potentials or write an annoying twat of heroines or nullify all the sexy or flip the bird to making sense in their books. By writing an example that covers all of the above.

Another dream bites the dust. And crossing fingers doesn't work for shite!

Coco.V
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-but-not-read
Color me pleasantly surprised with this captivating read. Review to come...
Bindi Boo
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing

First book into my 2017 must read list... Yay!

If you enjoy mystery and suspense with a side of hot sizzling sex scenes this will be a perfect read. The hero here has (what i thought) a rather disturbing kink, however, i liked how it played out with the heroine and seemed a lot more 'acceptable' especially with such steam. Kudos to the author as i kept second guessing everything and everyone right till the very end.

Highly recommended!
Jen
First of all, I have to say that I enjoyed this dark mystery, thriller type of story very much. I am disappointed though that it ended at 54% on my Kindle though. I wasn't expecting that at all. Not a pleasant surprise for me, especially because I was really into this story in a BIG way...so when the "Epilogue" came up at that percentage I was like....WHAT???!! I did investigate after, and I see that the author brought up that at the end of this book there is a full length novel called "The Coun ...more
Olga therebelreader
***4.5 stars***
Right from the beginning the author sets an intense, dark, gripping mood, which carries through all the way to the last page. And I was on the edge at every twist and turn.

Hero 5/5 | Heroine 5/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 5/5 | Writing Style 5/5 | Steam 5/5 | Romance 4/5 | Angst-Suspense 5/5 | Darkness 4/5 | Humor 0/5 | Secondary Characters 4/5 | Drama-Conflict 4/5 | Mystery 4/5 | Twists 5/5 | Pacing Steady | Action 5/5
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo f2606589a653eed613e3fba4b32a6f_zps9ciszjuq.gif

“I will hurt you, Red. Worse than you’ve ever been hurt in your life. I will fuck you like an animal.”

A sexy, dangerous romantic thriller that was edgy, erotic, and suspenseful. Celia Aaron took her readers down a journey where we were we bombarded with so much mystery and intrigue that you can’t help but be drawn into the woods and what lies in it. As Celia Aaron lures her readers with her enigmatic and mysterious hero, she allows readers
Kate
Jan 16, 2017 marked it as gonna-pass
Shelves: ow-drama
Note for me:
(view spoiler)
❤Rachel Anne's Romance Must Reads❤
Amazon KU
Ends at 54% before another story begins.

I was glad this was on KU because I didn't realize the story was going to be only half of the page count but it became pretty obvious when things were wrapping up quickly.

I liked the idea of the story, I even liked Garret a lot with his twisted sexual kinks. But there were a lot of stupid girl in a horror movie moves for me to give it more stars.

A lot of the problem was probably how excited I was for the release date. I don't read suspen
L.J. Shen

Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)
Blog: HERE

I'm dead.

Seriously, dig my grave now, because Celia just killed me with Blackwood. If you've read the book and are reading this now, you know what I mean—you're dead too.

I mean, how could we have survived after it all?

Years ago, archaeology student Elise Vale's father went missi
Wynne Katherine
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: dnf
Worth noting : This story ends in the middle of the book and continues with another story.
Which is kind of weird since I went in with the mindset that it has this certain amount of pages only to have that cut in half. But oh well.

Since I read Special Forces : Soldiers, my rating standard has changed without me even realizing. After reading that book, I find myself secretly comparing whatever books I read to SF. And that is a horrifying thing to do as most books I read totally pales when compar
Some Like It Hot!: тeaѕer тυeѕday~ Blackwood 1.3 3 18 Jan 13, 2017 08:03AM

• Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • The Scare
  • Trust in Me (Protector, #2)
  • Intrepid (A Vigilantes Spinoff)
  • Lies & Lullabies
  • The Auction (Run, #2)
  • Fractured Crystal: Sapphires and Submission (The Crystal Fragments Trilogy, #1)
  • No Way Out: Kari (Trek Mi Q'an, #8)
  • Devastate (Deliver, #4)
  • Don't Let Go (Dark Nights, #2)
  • Rough Edge (The Edge, #1)
  • Brutal (Detroit After Dark, #1)
  • Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage (The Notorious St Claires, #4)
  • The Wyckham House
  • Schooled by a Senior
  • On the Edge (Uncommon, #0.5)
  • Seducing the Princess
  • Cirque de Minuit (Cirque Masters, #1)
Celia Aaron is a recovering attorney who loves romance and erotic fiction. Dark to light, angsty to funny, real to fantasy—if it’s hot and strikes her fancy, she writes it. Thanks for reading.

Sign up for my newsletter at celiaaaron.com to get information on new releases. (I would never spam you or sell your info, just send you book news and goodies sometimes). ;)

You can find me on: