Start by marking “For the Love of English” as Want to Read:
For the Love of English

For the Love of English

(For the Love Of #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  3,320 ratings  ·  518 reviews
From USA Today Bestselling Author, A.M. Hargrove, comes a New Adult, Single Dad, Sexy, Stand Alone Romance.

Single dad, Beckley Bridges, is sexy as hell.
No, really, he’s the hottest thing since the sun was created.
Honest to God, crack an egg on him and the thing will sizzle.
So what’s the problem?
He’s also a gigantic jerk.
I hate the bastard.
I try to avoid him at all c
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 377 pages
Published September 15th 2016 by AM Hargrove

To ask other readers questions about For the Love of English, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For the Love of English

really liked it 4.00  ·

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
2 Flagging Stars

This started off really strong...and then just totally took a nosedive for me.

description

At 75% I was rolling my eyes and by 90% I was laughing at how unpolished and rushed the "big" ending turned out.

And don't even get me started on how many times the female MC talked about her armpits sweating.

Sexy.

description

Or the nickname "Cookie." The story behind it was lame and I felt like the author threw that in there because they wanted a cutesy nickname a la Kristen Ashley.

You call her Cookie because s
Sabrina
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
*Amazon US*Amazon UK*iBooks*

4 'Under the Rainbow' Stars

Sheridan is a brand new teacher and excited to teach her young students the wonders of the world. She loved her job, just not the part that includes the parents, especially not a particular single dad. She and Beck, the dad of one her happiest students, do not get off on the right foot. But she loved his little girl, English, and just can't seem to say no to her when she tries to get her and Beck together. Sheridan slowly learns tha
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 2a8be9ece5aa5cd91a65f353bb1c5e_zpsjpsztfw9.gif

A sweet, sexy, heartfelt, and totally adorable love story!!!!! A.M. Hargrove has me under the rainbow and smiling BIG!!! Seriously, this book was just what I needed. It was light, sexy, and still packed that innocent emotional punch to make your hearts flutter. What is there not to love when you have a sexy protective single father only wanting the best for his baby girl? Right.. And may I just say, no one can resist the charms of his adora
Jen
4.5 Unexpected Stars

When I first started reading this book I had a sort of a "yeah, whatever" kind of attitude and to be honest, I wasn't expecting much.

Well slap my ass and call me Sally because I absolutely loved it!

For the Love of English had a little bit of everything I look for in a romance. Take one strong and sweetly snarky heroine, mix her with a hawt as hell single dad that's a little bit asshole and a little bit gooey, add off the charts chemistry and A.M. Hargrove has managed to creat
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
3.75/4 'Our Rainbow' Stars!

I have a weakness when it comes to hot single dads and incredibly cute children. For the Love of English gives you exactly that: the story of Beckley Bridges, a jerkish but sexy man devoted to his daughter English and how that develops when Sheridan Monroe (English's new teacher) gets involved in gaining the full custody of said child.

I have to say my favorite character in all this was English, she is so freaking adorable and so funny! I was hoping to love Beck as muc
NMmomof4
2 Stars

Overall Opinion: Hmmm, what to say about this one?!? I'm really surprised I stuck with it tbh. I should've just added it to my dnf pile once I started having issues, but I think I just was hoping that it'd get better somehow. I didn't find anything really all that likable about either mcs, but the kid was great! I thought some of the events were a little OTT, and then they turned around and were resolved way too easily (view spoiler)
Dilek VT

I am sorry but I couldn't finish reading this book, so maybe you should not trust my rating.

My reasons are:

1. I hated both characters, I mean the hero and the heroine. Only the little girl was cute and lovable.

The man is, I guess, the rudest hero I have ever met. He is only kind and good to his child and family but an arrogant as*hole to all others.

And the woman is one of the least likable heroines ever for me. She is pathetic and she swears like this all the time, which is way more creative tha
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I was anxious to read this release, as my previous reads by this author were some of my all time favorite reads. She definitely didn't disappoint. It was a delightful, sweet, satisfying story. It has wonderful characters. And seriously, you absolutely can not, not fall in love with English. She's simply amazing.

Beck & Sheridan have a love/hate relationship that initially builds on a love of a little girl. I loved the way this author uses Beck & Sheridan's mutual love for English, as a c
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we practice to conceive. Is this the line?

Anyway, who doesn't love a single dad story. Don't all little girls wish/want/are daddy's little girl.

This story has the sweetness that comes from pure love. It has the heat that comes from well... sexy times that sizzle the pages. And damned it has a plot that gets you to turn the page.

I won't say too much more because I like going in blind and I have nothing but good things to say.

It's a winner. One you should read
Nicola
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
For the Love of English is the first book I've read by A. M Hargrove and whilst I didn't love it, and it certainly wasn't what I'd term flawless, it was enjoyable enough, largely down to the fact that I'm a big old sucker for a single dad.

“Make no mistake. I will do anything for my daughter. Anything.”

There were a few aspects that didn't work so well for me: some of the dialogue came over choppy and a little unnatural, the chemistry between Beck and Sheridan was tenuous at times, and the dram
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4 Feel-good Stars!

photo 548E6BC2-F69A-47E0-BDDA-EC55F1C6D519_zpsd3r5wkqs.gif

I'd just recently been introduced to the writing of A.M. Hargrove when I read one of her co-authored books, A Beautiful Sin, so when I saw the blurb for For the Love of English, I knew I wanted to check it out.

For the Love of English was a refreshingly different plot for me. Frequently being inundated with so many tropes that all sound the same with just a slight twist here or there, I'd never read one the likes of this. Beckley Bridges finds himself a single dad midway durin
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Rachel Reads Ravenously
Shelves: ku, single-parent
4 Single Daddy Stars

I was in a single parent mood and For the Love of English hit the spot. This is my first book by A.M. Hargrove and it won’t be the last. I really like the pace and flow of this one. I also love all the steam! I read it in on sitting.

Beckley is a single dad to a six year-old. Her name is English and she is 100% adorable. I love it when it’s a single dad and a cute little girl. I also like it when the child is sweet.

Sheridan is a teacher and English is her student. English is
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
5.0 "BIG.FAT.LOVE.SQUEEZE" STARS!!!

For The Love of English by A.M Hargrove is my first book of the author. And to be honest, this is one of those books that I enjoyed reading not because of the thrill but because I became invested right from the start and I feel like I am being swayed and lost in the story.

True, reading this book feels so different. I admit my interest was captured when I read the blurb because who wouldn't? Sexy Single Dad Romance is just so fun and enjoyable to read, and when
maggieandteddy

This is my 2nd book that I've read by Ms Hargrove. The 1st was A Beautiful Sin.
I found this book on Totally BookBlog. I picked this up through KU on Amazon.
*Possible spoilers***
The h in this book, Sheridan is a brand new 1st Grade school teacher.
One of her students is English, an adorable 6 year old. Yeah- she steals the show.
She's fantastic from the start. Very realistic and amazing in the literal sense. She takes EVERYTHING at face value. Sheridan, "Miss Monroe" of course loves and apprecia
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For the Love of English by AM Hargrove
5 stars!!!

“When life hands you rotten eggs, don’t eat the fuckers. Just throw them at someone you hate.”

This was a book that definitely left me “under the rainbow” today. AM Hargrove is one of those authors where I go in blind so I really didn’t know what I would be getting until I started reading. AM Hargrove delivers a heart stopping, beautiful, sexy, sweet, heart numbing, adorable story that will leave you with the warm and fuzzies. A story whereby a
Fathima
Nov 18, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars .. this was cool . An easy read for those days where you just don't wanna , ya know..
Tana
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For the Love of English by A.M. Hargrove

Introduction: Beck is a single, handsome, stong, comes across as a bit arrogant single father.

English, Beck's daughter who is entering grade one and Miss Sheridan Monroe who happens to be English's first grade teacher.

Brief Snopsis: Six years ago during Christmas break and after a night out with the boys Beck's parents wake him up to show him the present that was left on their front porch with a letter. Here we first meeting English. Present Day: English
Betul
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

description

This is the first book I read by AM Hargrove and I am really happy to give a book of hers a try. The first thing that popped up to me was the blurb. People who know me know that I have a weakness for single parents. Especially single dads convince me to one-click a certain book. I am happy that I read this book.

This book is about Beckley and his 6 yours old daughter English, and Sheridan who is English's teacher. When Beck and Sher firs
Umaiya ✨Insignificant September✨
I don't know how to review this. So this might be really short if I manage to stop myself from rambling.

Funny thing happened when I started reading this, like a page in, I don't know why but for some unfathomable reason I thought Beck was our lead.
Our FEMALE lead.

Yeah...

So anyway, moving on, If you're reading this and you've read the book already, could you please explain to me How the effing hell are Beck's parents so chill about everything?!
I mean I get being laid back but COME ON!
No one an
Jacqueline
A really promising start that got progressively more ridiculous.

Initially he's the gruff, taciturn and hot single dad, but in the space of a couple of pages he's transformed into another horny alpha wannabe. Oh and boy was he determined to probe her bumhole with every single part of his body capable of pointing.

Anyway, I persevered because I enjoyed the beginning and I'm always hopeful a good start will claw its way to a strong finish but I had reservations with the plot from the start and as
Melanie (mells_view)
Single dad. Teacher. Marriage of convenience.

This was a good single dad and the teacher romance, but it didn’t blow me away. And sometimes the characters all annoyed me a bit. The only one who didn’t was English. She was the best character in the book.

Anyway. If you’re looking for a single dad romance, with a bit of enemies to lovers and marriage of convenience, this one is pretty good!
PBW
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
BLURB:

Single dad, Beckley Bridges, is sexy as hell.
No, really, he’s the hottest thing since the sun was created.
Honest to God, crack an egg on him and the thing will sizzle.
So what’s the problem?
He’s also a gigantic jerk.
I hate the bastard.
I try to avoid him at all costs.
But for some reason, everywhere I go he seems to show up.

Only the real issue is his daughter, English.
She’s an adorable quirky first-grader who’s the sweetest thing since iced tea.
And she’s one of my students but also the love o
Vintage
Some of the heroine's inner monologues and antics were very familiar which gave her a pass and generated a lot of affection from me. She's not quite an adorkable manic pixie, but falls close to the line. As a first year teacher, she's young and enthusiastic and falls for English, daughter to a sexy but rude single dad. She also has a, uh oh, deep backstory.

With lots of alternating POV, the story devolved from an I hate you into a MOC in order to keep English away from the potentially evil bitch
Lisa
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
A delightful, quick but ultimately satisfying book. Wonderful characters. Its totally impossible not to fall in love with English, the precocious first grader that comes barrelling into Sheridan's life. I adored her imagination, idiosyncrasies and the very realistic manner she is portrayed.

Our MCs, school teacher Sheridan and single dad, Beck are fabulous and my only complaint would be that I wanted more of the broody, monosyllabic behaviour from Beck and the feisty responses from Sheridan. The
Libby Harrison
Random Ramblings
•His parents took the surprise baby surprisingly well…LOL
•English was pretty funny – finding a word with the letter V cracked me up
•Wow, he was such an asshole to her in the parent-teacher meeting
•So she leaves the club without paying? Isn’t that illegal?! The h is starting to annoy m with her idiotic behaviour
•Urgh the h is so mega stupid it makes me feel stupid just reading about her

Jen
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Traveling so wii try to come back and write a review. I can say though that for all of you who love the single dad raising cutest little daughter, then this story is for you.
Lindsay
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: NO ONE (unless you like being angry at stupid shit)
I was on a roll of awesome reads an then this came along.

It started off awesome. I loved the beginning. I loved how sweet Sheridan was, I loved English (she was so stinking adorable!) and I even loved how much of a jerk Beck was while still being the sweetest dad ever. I loved how much he loved his kid. Then things went awry.

I didn’t have a problem with Sheridan going out with her bff. The scene was fun and she deserved a night out. I don’t mind swearing, not in person and not in books. It doe
Tricia
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sheridan is teaching her first year and she has the kindergarten class. She loves the little ones and she soon finds herself falling in love with one in particular; a charismatic, smart, sweet young girl named English.

Then she meets her dad who is a total douchecanoe. Beck may be hotter than hell, and she may begin to fantasize about him, and see how much of an awesome dad he is, but he’s still a douchecanoe. She can’t even be in the same room as the guy let alone conceive of going on a date wit
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by Social Butterfly PR for my honest review.

I absolutely loved this blurb right from the start, so I was really excited when I got a chance to read it and review it. I have no intentions to reveal too much, because I always tend to keep my reviews completely spoiler free.

This book is divided into three parts.
Some parts made me laugh out loud and others made me reach for my tissues.
Who doesn't love a single dad romance? Especially when there is no unnecessary baby momma dra
A.M. Hargrove
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Now LIVE on AMAZON!

Meet Sexy Beck and the Sassy Mouthed Sheridan while Sweet English will steal your heart!

FTLOE 1 photo FTLOE KU2_zps8q815czg.jpg

photo FTLOE-ready_zpsh37pcu6r.png

FTLOE 4 photo FTLOE-hardfast_zps6fjygpur.png

FTLOE 3 photo FTLOE TT INSTA_zpsfvqia3s4.jpg
  • Brooklyn & Beale
  • The New Rule (The Casual Rule #2)
  • Sizzle (Sizzle, #1)
  • Kick, Push & Coast Duet: Includes Kick, Push and Coast
  • Sexy SEAL Box Set: A SEAL's Seduction\A SEAL's Surrender\A SEAL's Salvation\A SEAL's Kiss
  • Hotline to Hell
  • Lawyers in Love, Books 1 & 2 Boxed Set
  • Naughty by Nature
  • Stroked Long (Stroked, #2)
  • Hate: A Love Story
  • Hear No (Hidden Evil Trilogy, #1)
  • Baby, Oh Baby!
  • The Girl Who Punched Back (Death Fields, #2)
  • You're All I Want for Christmas (Of Love and Madness, #1.5)
  • Stripped
  • Tempting Trace
  • Without End: A Melrose Shops Novel
  • Mr. Virile and the Girl Next Door
One day, on her way home from work as a sales manager, USA Today bestselling author, A. M. Hargrove, realized her life was on fast forward and if she didn't do something soon, it would be too late to write that work of fiction she had been dreaming of her whole life. So she made a quick decision to quit her job and reinvented herself as a Naughty and Nice Romance Author.

Reader, Writer, #WalterTheP
“When life hands you rotten eggs, don't eat the fuckers. Just throw them at someone you hate.” 1 likes
“I think I’m under the biggest rainbow in the whole wide world.” 1 likes