Start by marking “His Royal Favorite (His Royal Secret, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Royal Favorite (His Royal Secret, #2)

His Royal Favorite (His Royal Secret #2)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  704 Ratings  ·  170 Reviews
The conclusion of Lilah Pace’s racy, romantic male/male duology following His Royal Secret...

James, Prince of Wales, is making history. He's decided to come out to his subjects—and the world. However, telling the truth means exposing his relationship with lone-wolf reporter Benjamin Dahan. Although Ben never wanted commitment, the unexpected depth of his feelings leads him
Published August 16th 2016 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about His Royal Favorite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Royal Favorite

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

His Royal Favorite is much angstier than the first book, which ends with Ben deciding he wants to stay with James and try, really try, to make the relationship work.

But James is still the Prince Regent, and Ben his "boy toy" (as one particularly vicious paparazzo calls him).

Ben has lived his life as a nomad. He's independent and self-reliant. James warns Ben of the media shitstorm about to come down upon them, but Ben doesn't fully grasp how much his life will change until it does.

The fi
Jan
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, favorites
What a fantastic surprise from this duet!

And to think I almost missed it because of the mixed reviews. I should of known better.

His Royal Secret just worked for me. I felt their impossible love in the story, in each sentence, between the lines and even at work, when all I wanted was to be reading it.

Their relationship progress felt real:

.)from secret hook ups,

.)passing for a status of already being head over heels with one another and keeping themselves in denial

to the final moments where they
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3.5 stars!

"I was born heir to the throne. I was also born gay. These are both inseparable parts of my humanity. I can no more continue to hide one than I would hide the other, or feel shame regarding one while taking pride in the other. I was born to be, no more and no less, as are we all."

His Royal Favorite is the continuation of His Royal Secret, which must be read before reading this book. At the end of the first book, James has decided to come out to the people as a gay man, and his bo
Ingela
Review written August 29, 2016

4 1/2 Stars - Simple grandly (royal) romantic. Like an unforgettable saga.

Book #2 (of 2)

I was both impressed and sincerely hooked reading the first part, His Royal Secret (4.5 stars). Truly good stuff and with a nice romantic but cliffy ending making me eager for more at once.

photo bbf0ac0b-e566-49be-84c3-891c63f3440a_zpswq1jd0jt.png

I'm knocked and so damn happy Yes hands up, I have been as glued to my e-reader since yesterday. Every short free minute...

**********************************************

His Royal Favorite, th
Line
Re-read again-again, and just as much fun as the first time around. This has become a comfort-read for weeks when DNFs and ragey books have been predominant:-)

Thank Jeebus for this book, since this has not been a good 'book-day'.
In this one James and Ben have a lot of stuff to figure out.
James successfully came out, and so far the backlash is not too bad. Ben is introduced in the press as his partner, and have sent out a press release, but other than that Ben is hoping that he will be able to
Shile loves books
5++++++++ stars

This book! This book! Oh! It did something to me and I loved it so much.

description

This book had more angst than the first book, the kind that hurts you so good. James and Ben had to face the world after coming out publicly. Ben had to deal with his own demons decide if he was willing to lose his freedom, for love. It was depressing , Ben's doubt felt so real and through it all James was by his side.

As soon as Ben found himself becoming jealous about other men in a boyfriend’s orbit, he’
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
“You belong to me. Maybe the public and the press own the part of you that’s the prince, but not the man. You’re mine, and I won’t let anything take you away.”

I get goosebumps whenever an author takes on a fairly risqué storyline that might make you raise an eyebrow at first, but then before you know it, you find yourself consumed by a story that is as touching as it is thought-provoking, and Lilah Pace is truly a master at this. This story immediately piqued my interest with its intriguing
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 5!!!!!!!
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 4

I’ve come to the conclusion that no matter how hard I try, I won’t ever be able to give this review what it deserves. I simply don’t have the talent for that.

So I’ll say that:

I LOVE’D IT

I’ll say that:

It was one of the most memorable things I’ve read this year

I’ll say that:

The relationship between James and Ben was epic!

That:

I’m contemplating on just giving up and starting again from the beginning. Because Once doesn’t seem enough, an
Nicola
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"...I now wish to tell the people of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth—I am a gay man."

Picking up where His Royal Secret left us, His Royal Favorite sees James, The Prince of Wales, having come out to his family and now preparing to do the same to the world. With no idea how people will respond, uncertain times are ahead, but one thing is certain; the feelings he and Ben share for one another are getting stronger every day.

description

The first book left me underwhelmed focussing on sex over storyl
CrabbyPatty
4.5 stars. "His Royal Favorite" (HRF) is the intriguing sequel to "His Royal Secret" (HRS) which ended in a cliffhanger as Prince James decides to come out. In this book James and Ben question if their relationship is strong enough to withstand the 24/7/365 media scrutiny as well as royal in-family fighting and plotting.

HRS was a fast-paced sexy read as James and Ben meet and begin a very intense, very steamy relationship. In comparison, HRF deals with what happens after the whirlwind romance,
~Kristin~
4.25 Stars
I really enjoyed this two book take on royal life, with a twist. It was engaging, thought provoking, and emotional. I loved James and Ben, Cass rocked and Indigo broke my heart then showed such strength of human spirit. Such a great story!
Ariana
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars +
Still humming on the inside after finishing 'His Royal Favourite' a couple of minutes ago, and it's a humming of content and pure joy. I LOVED book one of this two-part series, but I ADORED this. It went straight on to my 'best of the best' shelf.

I think Lilah Pace nailed the plot which could have easily turned into a bit of pink fluffy cotton wool. That certainly does NOT happen here. Instead we get a highly realistic look at what James and Ben go through once their relationship become
Caz
4.5 stars rounded up.

His Royal Favorite is the second book in the duology that began with His Royal Secret. As it’s a direct sequel, it’s advisable to have read the first book before embarking upon this one, and also means that there are going to be spoilers for His Royal Secret in this review.

The story in His Royal Favorite picks up pretty much where it ended in the previous book. In a Britain in which Queen Victoria and the House of Winsdor never existed, the reigning monarch is the elderly Ki
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4.5 Stars!

Thank you, thank you my friend Jan for reading this series. I remember contemplating this series some time back but ultimately passed based on some reviews.

This one was quite a bit angstier than book 1, but I loved how James and Ben took things head on. They talked. They were mature. They were considerate of each other.

I never wanted their story to end, yet I wanted more than anything for them to get their happily ever after.
Chris, the Dalek King
I am in a romantic relationship with Prince James, currently Prince Regent and head of state for the United Kingdom.

He loves me, and I love him. I’m in love the way I thought only fools and children could ever be. I spent my whole life being the most cynical bastard in the world, and I never believed in fairy tales, so of course an actual, literal Prince Charming came along.

Oh, and by the way, the next king of England is gay. Might want to assign someone to write a piece on that. His coming ou
Renée
~4.5 stars~

The follow-up to His Royal Secret was even better than the first! Beware of spoilers from Book 1.

James and Ben pick up where they left off in Book 1, with James about to come out to the entire nation about his sexual orientation. And Ben has agreed to come out as his partner right along with him.

Ben has been out for so long that he doesn't expect what happens next. He expects the invasiveness of the paparazzi. He expects the public scrutiny. He expects the crowds camping outside his
1-Click Addict Support Group
Relationships are hard. Especially when all the eyes of the world are watching you. And most definitely difficult when your partner is first in line to the English throne.

James, the Prince of Wales is relieved to finally be “out” but his future isn’t exactly certain. Right now, he’s the Prince Regent and is able to protect himself, Ben and his sister, but if his scheming uncle has anything to say about the line of succession, James could be out.

And his lover, Ben Dahan isn’t quite so certain ab
Ele
Aug 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My GR friends will hate me.

You know how some times we say "maybe it's me, not the book" but what we mean is "the book is shit, and I'm right"? Yeah, this is NOT one of these times. I know that this is a good series, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

Unless it's a favorite author, I rarely read series with established couples because I get so bored. That's exactly what happened here. I didn't love the first book to begin with, and this one just made me so.freaking.bored.

But really, it's me, NOT t
Alicia
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-read, series
-4.5 stars-
So that was really good. Much better than I expected after book one, and when you put both books together it makes a fantastic read. There was much more angst than the first, but our heroes get through it, amidst a bunch of tears, questions and heartbreak. There love always wins out, and that ending was perfect. Recommend this for sure.
Laxmama
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot, m-m, dual-pov
Royally good

This was the second half of the Royal series and really the official part of the relationship for James & Ben. It was a great addition watching them adjust to their struggles, difficulties and create a lasting relationship. Great series
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

Book two was not for the lighthearted at all!!! It was super emotional and way more angsty!!! GAH. I dislike angst and reading this is why. In my head Ben would have got over himself 20% into the story. I get it, and understand ALL his reservations but I totally was being #TeamJames over here and wanted him to sacrifice his freedom for James. It didn't work like that, and man this book did wonders to my emotions. I feel like I need a palate cleanser and need to read a comfort read or some fluff
Michelle
When I finished book one I really didn’t think I needed to read book two. Since there was no cliffhanger ending, the ending was enough, in a way. Although the story was not fully wrapped up, it was a HFN sort of ending. But I felt guilty and wanted to see this series through.

In HRF, James and Ben are gearing up to face the public as an out & proud couple. James has the worry of whether the church will accept and back him along with the fear of what being so public will do to Ben.

Soooo....
Cadiva
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful follow rounds off the royal romance

There's still no King of England and England and Britain aren't the same thing but that's just my own niggle about when people set a book in in this world but then Americanise it or mix stuff up.

The romance itself, however, is simply divine, full of rich characters in a world which is beautifully drawn out and filled with detail which does give the sense of just how bizarre it has to be to step into a life of eternal scrutiny.

Ben's uncertainty was who
Grace
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can someone raised in royalty with set expectations from day one, step out of the mold and survive? In book two of this duet, the author explores how expectations can overwhelm someone to the point of suffering. And it explores how two men set out to rewrite history.

What I love most about this series is the exploration of doing what is right vs. what is expected. In book one, it was easy to see the connection between James and Ben. They seem to be in-sync physically and emotionally. Both were wi
Josy
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, romance, series, are, ebook, gift
Some very kind Santa / elf gifted me this book. Thank you so much <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ 4.5 stars ~
haletostilinski
Wow! I could not put this down just like the first one, although for different reasons. While the first was the start of James and Ben's relationship and we just got to see the heat, the passion, the falling in love, this one was the established relationship fic - seeing how they navigate being a couple while dealing with real shit.

And yeah, the first 50% was hard to read because these two go through shit, especially Ben, and like dumb-dumbs they didn't COMMUNICATE. Eventually they do, but beca
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
4.5 - 5 Stars!

What would you do if your whole life was planned out for you from birth? That is what James is faced with in this conclusion to His Royal Secret. James has decided to come out publicly and face the British public and the Church of England. If he has to give up the throne for Ben, he is ready to do so.

His Royal Favorite is an absolutely riveting story, filled with emotion, passion and sexy, tender moments. The detail is perfect, and I loved being immersed in the world of a British
Ami

After feeling rather underwhelmed with the first book, His Royal Secret, I thought this follow-up was an improvement. I definitely liked it better.

First, I thought that it was more focused on situation on hand, namely the repercussion of James coming out as gay man as well as Ben stepping up and revealing himself as the Prince's partner. I could felt the struggle from Ben, having to deal with the lost of his privacy, including when the paps digging the pictures of his parents' crime sc
Alisa

This was SO good. An interesting plot with a beautiful romance.

This was an excellent conclusion to the story of James and Ben which was started in the book His Royal Secret. James is leading the royal family and he feels responsible for them all. He's under a great deal of pressure and a great deal of public scrutiny. Unfortunately for Ben if he wants to be with James he has to be a part of the public also. Ben hates it and even though he loves James he's not sure he can live the rest o
BWT (Belen)
While certainly not as romantic as His Royal Secret, it had a more thoughtful and realistic tone. We also don't get as many passionate encounters, though what's included is sexy as hell.

Overall, enjoyable...enough so to make me wish there were more to be read in the series.
The Backlot Gay B...: His Royal Favorite, by Lilah Pace 2 11 Sep 16, 2016 11:04PM
Lilah Pace is a pseudonym for a New York Times bestselling author, so she can’t give away too much about herself here, but she has lived everywhere from Italy to the United Kingdom before putting down roots in the American South.

She’s addicted to Diet Coke, loves her dog, and daydreams about several British movie stars (though usually no more than two at a time).

And while it took her a long while
More about Lilah Pace

His Royal Secret (2 books)
  • His Royal Secret (His Royal Secret, #1)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“All of us engage in some degree of artiface, even if its just putting on makeup or answering the question of how we are with 'Fine, thanks.” 0 likes