Start by marking “Torment” as Want to Read:

Torment

Can two afflicted strangers from the dark side, help each other back to the light?

Willow Steele is a survivor - barely.
Her mother was murdered in front of her.
Eight years old. Nowhere and nobody to call home. Willow did what she had to in order to survive life.
Alcohol.
Drugs.
Rehab.
Faced with a straightjacket, a bare cell at Ferndale and the prospect of going cold turkey fro

To ask other readers questions about Torment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torment

Coco.V
Apr 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/27/2019)! 🎁
Doris
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Torment takes you down some pretty dirty roads with drug addiction, murder, abuse, and struggling with lose. The author doesn’t hold back letting you into what the world of addiction is like. The feelings that you have to let you take that one step that will throw you into a world that is out of your control once you open that door.

Willow witnessed her mother’s murder at the age of eight and from the foster homes she was place in that was full of rape and abuse until finally finding that one hom
Lisa Aiello
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
I received a NetGalley ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.

This was a 3 star read for me...and only because the first half of the book, leading up to these two characters spiraling downward and into rehab was mesmerizing. Like watching a train wreck. The story is about two people, each of who suffered terrible losses, used alcohol and drugs to cope and feel nothingness until...as it always does...it gets out of control and they reach their rock bottom. Both of their stories were mo
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Torment by Aleya Michelle was a quiet story with some deep thoughts behind it. I liked almost everything about the story except the blurb which I felt was a little misleading at a certain point, that I can not explain without spoilers)

There are no big surprises in here the blurb basically tells the story, except maybe the kind of “making of” the reader gets before the leads actually land in a position to meet each other. That part is a little “louder” but when they meet the tone of the book seem
Shannon Youngblood
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-books, drugs, dark
**3.5 rounded to 4 Stars**

photo 3.5 Buttons_zpsk03h0pdg.jpg

Oh man! Talk about your twists and turns. This book had it all. Murder, Rape, Torture in mild form, Drugs, Instalove, shocking reveals, all of it! It was so much to take in for a short read, but it was a pretty good book!

I felt for Willow, that poor girl has been through hell and back in her life, and she didn’t deserve the shit that happened to her….well, no one does, but until Audrey comes into the picture, it’s so hard for her.

I didn’t feel bad for Hunter, I mean s
Amy
Nov 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Aleya Michelle

Your mother is murdered right in front of you ... eight years old. There is no one else. Your world is upside down so you survive .. you survive in a life of drugs and alcohol early with a bee line straight into rehab. Willow doesnt want to be here. Who are these people to say she is getting clean. No one knows her pain and no one has ever been there for her. Now this ... She wants out.

An addict ... Hunter Edwards gets hooked by trying to make an impression. Hittin
Arica Shupe
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
TORMENT
by Aleya Michelle

Torment is the first book i have read from this author. With this book she takes you on some serious twists and turns with the main characters Hunter and Willow. She really shows how easy it is to fall to the dark side and how hard it is to escape and pull yourself to the light side. You really feel the torment of Hunter and Willow as they travel down each of their dark paths the ups and downs and downs and downs til they hit rock bottom just to forget and feel numb to es
Anne Milne
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is not an easy book to read as it deals with very difficult subjects. Pleas head the warnings it deals with addiction, rape, murder, torture but there is love.
Willow and Hunter have both dealt with pain and despair and meet when they are at their lowest point and in rehab. Neither of them were looking for love it's definitely not the best time to start a relationship but often love comes when you least expect it.
It's a very raw emotional story that is yes about addiction but also about ac
Sam Lewis
Nov 24, 2016 rated it liked it
This review of Torment by Aleya Michelle is for The Sweet Spot Sisterhood Blog. This is the first book I have read by her. While I wasn't immediately impressed, it did begin to grow on me. I liked the story she was trying to tell. Both the main characters, Willow and Hunter, are flawed in their own ways, but they both turn to drugs and alcohol to cope. They both make poor decisions and end up in rehab. This is where they meet and where their story together begins. My only major concern is that H ...more
Reading with 2 book lovers
4.6 stars, this is a first read for me by this author and wow what a great book to start with.
torment gives you a look into the mind of people suffering from loss, addiction and more, i got so many different feels from torment, it really made me stop and think about addiction alot.
willow and hunter are perfect main characters.
a fantastic job done by Aleya Michelle.
i highly recommend this book.
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Oh my Willow and Hunter two lost souls headed down a road of Destruction losing themselves in drugs . Willow has been through hell seeing her mother murdered at age 8 , no place to call home now she's in rehab at Ferndale and it's not easy and she wants out. Hunter become addicted to love which led him to his heroin addiction, and to think it was to just impress a girl that is no longer around now his breaking into cars, stealing so his last resort before being shipped off to military school is ...more
Alicia Huxtable
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book grabs you and refuses to let go. This book makes you an addict for more. Aleya Michelle has done an absolutely fantastic job with all the finer details of this story. The characters are fantastically developed as well. A great story with a lot of feeling.
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
This book has everthing you could want......AMAZING!!!!!

Aleya Michelle has written an excellent story that includes everything that you could want from a story full of torment, pain, drugs, torture, rape, love and twists and turns that will leave your head spinning.

Willow Steele witnesses the murder of her mother at a young and impressionable age. This sets her life on a rollercoaster that never stops. Each time it looks like she has finally gotten her life into some form of order, another twist
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
~CASSIE~
3.5 Stars
Torment was a raw, dark, gritty read. I have never had addiction problems, but this may have certain triggers for those who do or have someone in their lives that do have addictions.
It starts out with Willow seeing her mother being murdered in front of her at the age of eight, and doesn’t get much better in the foster care system. She is broken and fragile and also understands her weaknesses. She has an addictive personality and when she receives devastating news it sends her i
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
The author wasn't lying when she said this was a dark read. Holy wow, it covers a tons of topics from drug use, to murder, to facing the loss of someone, rape, and finding yourself after addiction plus so many more as well as some twists that I did not expect. I about fell out of my chair towards the end of this book with that twist. That one I totally did not suspect.
Willow has been dealt a crap life and has seen so much from a young age. Every time it seems like she starts to rid herself of t
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Willow Steele watched her mother being murdered in front of her, while she hid in the back seat at eight years old. There was no other family that she could go to, so she floated around from bad foster home to worse foster home, before someone took her in that actually cared. Now she's in college, with her own apartment when she gets a letter that spirals her life out of control. Willow starts to party too hard, and ends up hooking up with a man that gets her hooked on drugs again. Now faced wit ...more
Michelle Austin
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description

Torment by Aleya Michelle was a great 5 star read.
There were several twists and turns and shocking moments I did not see coming, WOW.

This is Willow and Hunter’s story.

Willow has not had the easiest life. She lost her mother at a young age and grew up in foster care. No matter how hard she tries to move forward something always happens to bring her back down. Connor was one of the many bad choices.

Hunter started going downhill after his brother passed away
Angie Crabtree-Liezel and Angie's Book Blog
I hate rating a book 3 stars especially when I know that it's a new genre that the author is writing in. So I'm going to say everything positive I loved about the book first.

I love the dual povs. I love seeing into Hunter and Willow's heads. How they both became addicted and how they each overcame it. I love their strength.

My heart broke for Willow and her story is what kept me reading the book. I wanted to know if she overcame what happened to her at 8. I wanted to know if she got revenge.

I
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
First… be sure to read and heed the warning on this book. This book deals with rape, addiction, and torture.

This book, oh man, I couldn’t help but feel for these people. Willow starts out life as horribly as one possibly could. Hunter is just trying to be a guy and show off. One bad decision ruins these people’s lives… changes everything. They are set on a path for self destruction. They meet when they finally hit bottom. This shows you what can happen when people succumb to drugs.

Willow and
Gemma
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Torment was one of them books that you couldn't stop reading once you started it. Aleya Michelle has the mazing writing ability to tell a story that completely captivates you. She was able to write about the heartbreak and trauma that the characters faced throughout their lives. I think that the way that the author has done has shown the way that people make mistakes and the way that people cope with their grief in different ways.

Hunter I felt for me much, he was experiencing so much heartache
Erica Westerhoff
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Amazing!!! This book was so great. Aleya Michelle writes characters that suck you in and you really start to care about them. There were several times while reading this book where I was yelling at the characters because I really cared about what was going to happen to them.

Willow and Hunter have very similar stories and I liked that their situations were mirrored in a way. The first half of the book you are simply learning their stories, but they don't meet. I thought that was great. It's not
Romance Readers Retreat
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading gritty Torment by Aleya Michelle,
Torment is all about Willow and Hunter and their destructive addiction to hard drugs. Both willow and Hunter have been through events that lead them down the path to drugs, Willow witnessed the brutal murder of her mother at the age of 8 and also the trauma of being placed in several foster homes. Hunter's brother Alex died, both Alex and Hunter were inseparable together so Hunter is devastated.
Hunter and Willow both battle with their add
Carolyn's
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
As stated- this was a dark book giving a glimpse, I assume, in what goes on in the lives and mind of one struggling with a drug addiction. You truly never know what causes a person to turn to drugs and this book made me stop and think about that. What is someone going through that led them on the destructive path of drugs, sometimes, a lot of times, it's not just a choice or a weakness, but a moment beyond their control, like Willow.

I can understand the darkness, sadness and pain that led Hunter
poppy
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book just loved Willow and Hunter both fighting to survive and be well.A super book that gives a great love into drug addiction and recovery a nice read and will be looking for more by this author in the future
Julie Reveles (ILST BLOG)
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

4 Stars!

"Fate has brought us together for a reason. To help each other through the darkness and fix each others wounds."

Hunter and Willow are both survivors of drug abuse and they found each other when they needed it the most. Together, they were able to overcome their addictions and find peace in their lives. I think they were cute and Hunter really pooled out all his tricks when it came to his romantic side! But Torment is more than just a love story. There were moments I swooned and momen
Robyn Corcoran
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
From the first sentence I was hooked on this story!
Willow has a dark, stormy past that would test an angel however it's her bad luck that is her decline. Hunter is plagued with grief by the sudden death of his older brother and spirals out of control. When the two meet there is a spark in their otherwise dreary life.
This really is a very dark, intense storyline however Aleya Michelle writes so cleverly that readers are immediately involved and invested in the outcome. It is a fast paced story th
Lisa Thomson
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
a real gritty read with addition murder abuse but out of all comes love
takes u doiwn a pth of raddition and road to recovery i loved it
Aleya michelle did a fantastic job writing about sensitive subject which makes you fall harder for willow and hunter
Cassie Braun
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Reviewed for Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Samantha
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not for the weak of heart this book is tragedy and survival all in one. Contains touchy subjects for some like drug addiction. All together good read
Riet De Bruin-Strijker
This is a dark romance. I received this book in exchange of a fair review. I thought I could handle dark romance, but the writer writes so realistically and vividly that I couldn’t read any further than 20% of the story. Definitely not something for me, I decided. I am sorry I can’t review the book, I am convinced that people who love dark romance enjoy this story because it is very well written. I can enjoy the style of writing while not liking the genre.
Willow Steele is a survivor - barely.
Her
« previous 1 3 next »

• An Accident (Summer in New York, #2)
  • Frederick
  • Kiss of a Blade (No Mercy, #4)
  • Sugar (Delicious Boys and Sweet Treats #1)
  • Beasts & Bastards
  • I Was Born Ruined (Death by Daybreak MC, #1)
  • A Love Less Perfect (Riordan College, #2)
  • East of Nowhere
  • Freaks Like You (Freaks, #1)
  • A Deadly Little Game (Shadow Cove)
  • Djinn and Juice (The Houri Legends, #3)
  • Relentless (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #5)
  • A Sticky Situation (Awkward Love #7)
  • Resisting Payne
  • Killing Cross (Rock Falls, #6)
  • All Secrets & Lies (All, #4)
  • Fighter (Fighter, #2)
  • Just One Week
The Author of seven full length novels and one novella, genres range from contemporary romance, Romantic Suspense to Dark Romance.
Aleya was Born and raised in Sydney, Australia, she is in her thirties and happily married with three gorgeous boys.
A lover of reading, hanging out at the beach, playing netball, shopping and listening to music, which she adds into her writing frequently.
Aleya’s main t