Start by marking “Note to Self” as Want to Read:
Note to Self

Note to Self

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  2,441 Ratings  ·  329 Reviews
In his New York Times bestselling memoir, A Work in Progress, Connor Franta shared his journey from small-town Midwestern boy to full-fledged Internet sensation. Exploring his past with humor and astounding insight, Connor reminded his fans of why they first fell in love with him on YouTube—and revealed to newcomers how he relates to his millions of dedicated followers.

Now
Published April 18th 2017 by Atria/Keywords Press

Natalie
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was quite excited going into this because the promise of short essays, original photography and poetry combined into one sounded right up my alley.

You might recognise Connor Franta from his popular YouTube channel, and in this diary-like look at his life since A Work In Progress, Connor talks about his battles with clinical depression, social anxiety, self-love, and acceptance; his desire to maintain an authentic self in a world that values shares and likes over true connections; his struggles
Mischenko
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-audio
To see this review and others please visit www.readrantrockandroll.com

This review may contain spoilers...

I decided to try Note to Self by Connor Franta because I had a free Audible credit and it sounded like something I would enjoy. I appreciate learning about other people and the struggles they've had in life and how they've endured them.

I went into this book fairly blind and didn't even know who Connor Franta was. My oldest son, who's a YouTuber did, and I can see this book being helpful to ol
Kathryn G.
Jan 17, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I CANNOT PRESS THE WANT-TO-READ BUTTON ENOUGH HOLY CRAP
Emilija
It feels like I wrote this. Like, these are my thoughts. If for some reason you ever want an insight into my head, read this. This book is me in a nutshell.

I will definitely be going back to reread this time and time again.
Emma
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This really got 3 1/2 stars for me. I'm gonna talk about it in my video today, but basically I wanted a bit more from it then I got. Still, it is beautiful with the photography and poetry interspersed which is why... 4ish stars
Jamie Scott
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
why should I care to read a six page letter to Franta's older self?

an extremely self-indulgent book by the author.

however, great pictures, lovely poems and some interesting introspective ideas to think about.
Rachel Lightwood
Oh, Connor. This was... buddy, this was just not your finest work. I read A Work in Progress two years ago (or something like that), and adored how it was so authentically Connor. The tone, the wording, the pictures. It was like seeing a printed version of one of his videos. It was surprisingly touching and I got so much out of it. My copy is so sticky-noted, it isn’t even funny… so anyway, that was a sloppy segue me for to say: I adore Connor Franta (if you couldn’t already tell). His videos we ...more
Taylor (Taylicious Reads)
I just want to talk about how excited I am for this novel.

As a content creator myself, there are so many thing that I sweep under the rug about my life; my eating disorder, anxiety, depression, my recovery from those things. The lies I told myself before I went to sleep, the lies that told me I was unloved. The thoughts of never being good enough, the bullying that I was victim to in elementary school and middle school. The threat on my life that was sent to me. They're things I choose not to t
Marius Paulsen (Amethebookdude)
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This IS my new favorite book! Connor writes about emotions, feeling and everything in between just beautifully! I related to every piece of writing, every poem and every single photo, they were just mesmerizing. I love how this feels like a memoir, a true story and at the same time like something real happening in front of my eyes as I'm reading it! Franta has truly become one of my all-time favorite authors for sure! Connor, wherever you are, you are amazing and just THE BEST!
Jeske
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
"You're a bud covered in snow in the garden of your mind. Just wait for spring."

really enjoyed this! connor's writing is genuine, clever and witty, and as someone who is new to poetry i loved his poems. also, the visuals in the book are just GORGEOUS and lighten up the darker pages. an absolute recommendation!
Anna
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-star
Connor's last book was great, but this one blew away all my expectations. It was so honest, and he really spoke the truth! Although it was about his life experience, a lot of it definitely resonated with me.

"None of us are stuck with the hand we are dealt. We can shuffle the deck and deal the cards out again. No one can tell you who you should be. You need to be the person you want to be. You are, quite simply, who you want to be. Think it. Own it. Be it."
Maša
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction, 2017
Even though some of the chapters offer a bit deeper and interesting insight, the author mainly stays on the surface and sticks to the cliches. Some chapters and poems show that the thinking and idea might be there, but it was not developed or articulated enough.

The writing style itself does not help; it is full of an inner monologue that sounds basic and superficial while mostly addressing the reader which makes it sound somewhat patronising.
Lauren
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
God, this spoke to me.

An incredible collection of essays, poems and photos that really resonated with me.

I had no idea who Connor Franta was before picking this up (I saw it in store and fell in love with the cover, HOW BEAUTIFUL IS IT?); I don't follow youtubers very closely but I am so glad I read this.

And it looks beautiful on my bedside table! Aesthetics, my friends.
Alyssa
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, memoir, 2017
Connor Franta writes a note to his younger self as well as added photos and poems that correlate with the chapters. This book impacted me so much and hit home for me in so many ways. I was crying by page 5 and sobbing at 160. I'm not one to ever cry at books but this was the first one to make me ugly cry. This was a book I really needed to read and i'm so glad I did. So, thank you Connor THANK YOU for writing this.

I devoured this book I was reading from 4pm to 4am. I couldn't stop, most times I
Clare
Mar 07, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: awesome-cover
Just pre-ordered this one :) Can't wait 'till it's released!
Ashley
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Your life has been a silent struggle; a roller coaster in the dark, sending you in directions that you least expect, and jerking you from side to side. And then, just as you see light at the end of the tunnel, you spiral back down into the abyss and keep on twirling and twisting in endless circles."

I am definitely a Connor Franta fan now after reading his two books. I feel like I can relate to him a lot with some of the things he says and some of how he is as a person. I am also obsessed with
Liam
May 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cover-love, lgbtq, 2017

"this is an open diary. this gives my insides a voice through visuals and poetry, this is me spilled out on paper."

that line pretty much sums up this book. it's an open diary, and it's insanely dull . don't get me wrong, i like franta. i think his videos are good, but he is not a writer. it's simple: he cannot write. disagree with me all you like, that's my opinion. personally, i have no idea how this got published. oh, wait, i do! publishers will take any youtubers they can get to
Nanda
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I can tell people how amazing this book is, it's too good. I've smiled, I've almost cried and I felt amazing while reading it.
Andreea
Jun 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Cliched, self-pitying, self-indulgent-and-bordering-on-narcissistic, tortured artist type dribble wrapped in pastel colours and unoriginal photography. Next.
Avery
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay well that was amazing and I'm definitely want to re-read it.
Janet  Haworth
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful.
Jessica Lyn
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I decided to give this one 3 stars because it was not something that blew my mind or rattled me to my core. To me, it was more of reminders -- things that I had previously heard before but from a different perspective. This is not to say that Connor Franta is a terrible writer. In fact I found him to be wise beyond his years.

Overall this book of personal essays and poems, accompanied with Franta's photos, was excellent. There were certain sections that spoke to me personally, and that might be
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK IS PRECIOUS.

I listened to this as an audiobook (Connor narrates it) and I just loved it. His voice is so comforting and soothing. He talks about his struggles through a tough breakup, depression and anxiety as well as his journey of self-love and acceptance.

I can’t wait to go out and buy a physical copy of this book! This is definitely something I want to re visit in the future.
Liv (Оља)
THIS WAS SO BAD OH MY GOD.
(a longer review will be up soon)
Erika Osborne
Apr 25, 2017 marked it as to-read
Was super tempted to buy this the other day but think I'm going to wait a bit... I actually think this is the only "Youtuber" book I'll genuinely enjoy.
Alyssa Worster
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While Connor Franta isn't a very well-known author to most, I've been watching his YouTube videos and reading his first and now this book for the last 4 years. I think he is my biggest inspiration(I'm meeting him tonight, just to note). I found real meaning in his words and related to it. While he has so much recognition, I now realize he is just as we all are at times: lost and trying to find ourselves and the meaning in things. I loved this book and how he just left his writing out there for e ...more
Samidha Kalia
I am so so disappointed in this book. I thought he was just beating around the bush and retreating the same thoughts over and over.

Writing style has decreased so much.
I know I am being harsh, but this book was unbearable.

A full review coming soon.
Taylot
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"They say the truth will set you free, but what the neglect to mention is what happens when the truth isn't what you want to hear." This is one of the many meaningful quotes from from the outstanding book Note to Self by Connor Franta. This book is a collection of original writings, poems, quotes, and photography from Connor that he describes as sort of "an open diary." Even though he talks about very emotional or touchy subjects, there was a bunch of little funny remarks to lighten the mood. T ...more
Beth
Jul 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF - The writing just didn't do it for me. The photography, however, was beautiful. I enjoyed the composition and lighting in many of the shots featured.
Astrid
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
it was so well written but i liked work on progress more I guess because these were just like thoughts and wasn't as well structured .
Connor Joel Franta is an Internet sensation and global trendsetter with millions of followers on YouTube and many other social media platforms.

He is the founder of Common Culture Coffee and works closely with The Thirst Project, a charity that provides clean drinking water in Africa, for which he raised more than $230,000 in thirty days.

He also curates music from up-and-coming bands for his Commo
More about Connor Franta...

“They say the truth will set you free, but what they neglect to mention is what happens when the truth isn't what you want to hear.” 12 likes
“sometimes the quiet ones are yelling on the inside” 8 likes