Start by marking “The Pink Rose” as Want to Read:
The Pink Rose

The Pink Rose

This is a love story with a twist, one that transcends stereotypes in many of its forms.
Meet Grace, chic, immensely attractive, talented and successful, who seemingly has the world as her oyster, except for that one special person to share it with.
Taking a chance and stepping out of her conservative sphere, she attends an organized Speed Dating event – for Lesbians - and
Published August 11th 2016 (first published May 3rd 2015)

Dee
Sep 15, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO ONE
The first 70% of this story is OTT sugary sweet. The next 30% is downright depressing and strips the heroine of her dignity.

I'm not even going to get started on the turkey baster scene. Having watched friends go through the devastating effects, emotionally and financially, of IVF treatments.

And the Prologue just made me angry. To suggest people DO NOT give to pink ribbon day, turned my stomach and in my humble opinion, a fictional story is not a place to advocate such.
Michael Semchison
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a fantasy love story, filled with romance and the excitement of finding that 'right' person, falling in love, becoming part of another family and all that entails, but above all making a home with dreams that it will last a lifetime. Something most people strive to achieve, regardless of their gender attraction and preference. The fact that it is about two women, written by a woman and leans towards being a 'woman's' novel with a good measure of eroticism is no surprise. As the tale ...more
Jessica Lucci
Don't you love it when you finally find a good book that starts off with characters you really like, who make you laugh, and whom you could imagine being friends with?  You root for them the whole time: through their sweet blossoming romance, to marriage proposals, wedding planning, the joy of true love; growing a family, and day in day out being normal everyday interesting funny people?

And don't you hate it when, you finally find a good book where you can live in the characters' lives with happ
Jane Barcklow
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Beautiful love story

This is a wonderful story of the purest love. These two women meet, fall in love and are loved by family. They have tremendous support so they start their own family. The new addition just makes their love story that much sweeter. This is beautifully written and well worth your time. One thing to note; the ending is incredibly emotional and sad.
Narelle Serene
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have just finished reading this love story of Grace & Rose and really enjoyed it. The love story between the two girls is portrayed beautifully along with the love and support of a loving family. I found it hard to put the book down towards the end and must admit I shed a tear or two.
Karen Goddard
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, inconsolable grief, tears and all. The love of these two women is epic and true. My family has experienced the horror of breast cancer and the best thing the author did was truly portray the suffering, indignity and emotion endured by the breast cancer victim. Her writing was from her heart and soul, you read this in the love and compassion with which she wrote the home care and death scenes. Charis has written the cancer journey in a confronting manner, be warned ...more
Trish Burton
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. Made me laugh and made me cry.
Cecilia
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a poignant love story. It is very well written, the characters are so believable you become friends with them. I felt their joy and their pain. I could see the sights they saw very easily by their descriptions. I highly recommend this book.
Christine Beard
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a book, This book was dedicated to my sister Sophia , who battled with Breast cancer for 15 years, sadly she couldn't fight any more and gave way to this awful disease last October, This is a story of a couple who fell in love and thought they were going to have the rest of their lives together, It also focuses on the pain these women felt when one was diagnosed with breast cancer, The pink Rose made me realise that I should have a Mammogram as I have not had one in 8 years I am ashamed to ...more
Chrisoula Panagoulia
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The pure love of two beautiful women, Grace and Rose, is beautifully portrayed with Charis Constantine's eyes. Some of you might get offended by the erotic scenes between those two women but for me, what caught my attention was the way the author describes the pain that Rose had to fight and endure the last month, weeks and days of her life before passing away to cancer.

Ladies and Gentlemen...make sure you have a tissue box nearby.
Lauren Callahan
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading a book by this author under her other pen-name, I decided to check out what else she had written and came across this book. I lost my partner to breast cancer, so I was a little reticent at first to read it. I'm so happy that I did!
The Pink Rose is not your typical romance novel, it has a bit of everything as life does. I found the exploration and description of the death scenes both ironic and heartbreaking. It took me back to my own heartbreak witnessing the demise and ultimate p
MsKayle Jean
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a very romantic story about two lesbians who fell in love. The journey which is and was filled with same sex marriages, plus prejudices they face and what many feel in every day life today. I've read this lovely story several times and each read I find something new that I missed. It is filled with happiness and yes you will need tissues. This book I would recommend to everyone especially dealing with family, relationships plus hardships. Its amazing how these two special women dea ...more
JB Marsden
Sep 22, 2016
Joan
added it
Oct 09, 2016
I was born in New South Wales, Australia, but now reside in Queensland. I retired from work to care for my youngest daughter who is in remission with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia. She unfortunately suffered countless strokes at the onset of chemotherapy, due to the neurological sub factor of the disease she was suffering.
We live on the Darling Downs southwest of Brisbane where I am embraced by nature,