Start by marking “An Affair to Remember (Freedom in Love #1)” as Want to Read:
An Affair to Remember (Freedom in Love #1)

An Affair to Remember

(Freedom in Love #1)

Monica Townsend enjoyed living the quiet life of a book editor - but, from the moment she stepped through her office door one evening, everything changed. Kidnapped at gunpoint, she was held hostage at an abandoned warehouse, praying her life would be spared as shots rang through the air.

Married Police Officer, Chase Travers, was on duty when the call came in. Being the fi
Published November 3rd 2011 by Createspace (first published September 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about An Affair to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Affair to Remember

Vicki
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a series and I am so glad to know that. I really admired Chase as a policeman and as a man. There was an underlying problem that allowed this affair to not feel dirty and tainted as many affair books do. There's an innocence and honesty in their relationship. I was drawn into the drama and danger that was present in this story.

The writing is really smooth and the flow was nice. I liked how the mystery played out.

I am off to read the next book in the series. I am enjoy
Sandy Wolters
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book: An Affair To Remember
Series: Freedom In Love, Book 1
Author: Norma Budden
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Length: Approximately 126 pages

I'm a huge fan of romantic suspense. AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER, Book 1 in the Freedom In Love series by NORMA BUDDEN, offers the reader a good suspense story and a not so typical love story that I really enjoyed.

Monica Townsend lives a quiet, somewhat lonely life as a book editor never suspecting that someone has been watching her every move since her father's death at
Nola Arganbright
A great read with a good suspenseful storyline. Monica and Chase are a good match and the secondary characters are strong. I was totally involved with hoping to find why Monica was being pursued. A very exciting read and I look forward to the next book by Norma Budden.
Jo-Anne
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, review-requested
How can a book about a married man cheating make you smile? Read An Affair to Remember and you will find out.

Monica Townsend liked being a book editor because it allowed her to keep to herself; even if she did get lonely sometimes. She never thought she would be kidnapped! Not only was it terrifying but shocking, too. She didn't have any enemies so why would someone kidnap her? At gunpoint no less!

Lucky for her, gun shots where reported so the police came to the scene. Chase Travers was one of t
Tam
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was, for me, a study in unexpectedness. The twists were unexpected. The rich and vivid character creations were unexpected. The exquisitely-balanced blend of suspense and romance was unexpected. The thrills, chills, hope and heart were unexpected. My "ugly cry face" appearing out of nowhere was unexpected. My absolute NEED to finish this novel in one sitting was unexpected.

I can't wait for the next book in the series... And, that is NOT unexpected!

*I received a complimentary copy of th
LuAnn Rodriquez
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting book with a storyline that keeps you asking questions throughout. Ms. Budden has a pleasing writing style, writes with authority about her topics, and creates characters with good heart or a convincing lack thereof. The main characters' immediate dive into instant "love-of-my-life" passion and commitment was too quick for my tastes and the frequency of several male characters shedding tears somewhat unbelievable, but it was still worth the time and effort required to read ...more
Kelley
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mystery, suspense, romance – this book has it all!

I was engrossed with this book as soon as I read about the man who lived in the shadows. That was in chapter 1, first paragraph! So much suspense! Who was this man? What did he want? At this point, I didn’t know, but had to keep reading to find out.

I then fell in love with two of the other characters. There was Chase, a career police officer who loved his job for the heart warming moments that sometimes came with the territory, but was starting
Bobirley Adams
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER for free in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

I LOVE these characters! I LOVE a book where the interaction with the characters seems natural and their conversation is like normal people talk. This book goes on my FAVORITES list!

I will not describe the story because that's why you need to purchase this book. I will tell you I was surprised multiple times and sometimes my pulse rate was racing because I was so excited in the direction the stor
Ivana
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I got a copy of the book through Goodreads First Reads giveaway.
This was pretty short and it's unbelievable how much stuff has happened in it. I must admit I was pulled into the story from the start and it was easy to like Chase and Monica together. Maybe Bianca's behavior made it easier to accept, but I liked them together, so the epilogue made me smile. The suspense was building and evolved nicely when the problem with Scorpions was solved without too much violence. This is the first book in a
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply a MUST READ
I absolutely loved this first book in the series. I was drawn in to the characters from the first page. Norma has a way of making them feel as if they are your friends and you are seeing it all happen before you eyes. There was a lot of action packed in these pages and it keeps you hooked. You find yourself not able to put it down and that it ends long before you are ready to stop. The good thing is there is another one in the series to check out. I completed this in one night
Lynn Hallbrooks
After reading an excerpt of this book on Wattpad, I knew that I needed to find out more of what was going on. I was not disappointed in anyway. The story was so believable that I felt as if I was watching it unfold before my very eyes. The ending was a complete surprise. I’m looking forward to reading the sequel,When Love Abides.

This book isn't just a good read, it's a great read.
Christine Hatfield
I thought that was a good book
Joan
Oct 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this as a giveaway from Goodreads. Well written, light and easy to read. A simple tale of an unusual love story, full of drama, suspense, intrigue and sacrifice.
Jo-Anne
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, review-requested

Amanda
Short review. The story was interesting but I felt like everything happen way to fast, there wasn't time to adjust to one thing before another happen.
Anthony Bellaleigh
A very pleasant and easily readable women's adventure story.
The only thing stopping me giving it 4 stars is that, on occasion, it seemed to rush itself and this undermines some otherwise excellent prose and sensitive storytelling (but maybe that's just me though: I do prefer longer stories).
Worth a try for 99 cents.
Jill
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put this one down!

I enjoyed Norma Budden's book, An Affair to Remember. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down! Lots of plot twists, suspense and mystery, enough mild violence to make it exciting and sweet romance made this a great read!
Nedelina Dobreva
Nov 26, 2011
Best Indie Books (BIB)
Jul 12, 2012
D²
rated it did not like it
Sep 01, 2016

• Mine
  • Imperfect Beauty
  • Star Struck
  • Finding Gaia
  • State of Rebellion (Pug Connor, #1)
  • Deeper Than the Ocean (Phoenix Prophecy, #1)
  • Three-Ways (Detectives Seagate and Miner Mysteries, #4)
  • Every Writer Needs a Tribe
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • Please Don't Sneeze
  • Metallic Dreams
  • Cinderfella
  • Washington DC: The Sadir Affair (The Puppets of Washington, #1)
  • Cowboy Pride (Code of the West #5)
  • Waiting on Hope
  • Verliege
  • Eddie's Prize (After the Crash, #4)
Norma Budden currently makes her home in Arctic Canada where she has lived for more than two decades. Administration Manager by day and writer/mother/grandmother by night, Norma knows what it's like to be busy and appreciates moments of solitude, perhaps, more than the average person.

Though Norma's first serious attempts at writing involved poetry and song, she later went on to write non-fiction t

Freedom in Love (5 books)
  • When Love Abides  (Freedom in Love #2)
  • Soul Confessions (Freedom in Love #3)
  • Divided Loyalties (Freedom in Love #4)
  • The Promise (Freedom in Love #5)