Start by marking “Bad Boys In Black Tie (Watson Brothers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bad Boys In Black Tie (Watson Brothers, #3)

Bad Boys In Black Tie

(Watson Brothers #3)

Some men you can't take anywhere. . .except the bedroom.

Good With His Hands
By New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster As next-door neighbors and best friends, Pete Watson and Cassidy McClannahan have a "no sex" relationship. Until Pete decides he's ready to transform himself into the perfect "black tie" guy he thinks she wants. And once she's in his arms, he'll sho
Published May 1st 2004 by Brava (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Boys In Black Tie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Boys In Black Tie

Start your review of Bad Boys In Black Tie (Watson Brothers, #3)
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

Good With His Hands - 4 Stars
Elizabeth
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
None of these guys were bad and the black ties were incidental, which was fine by me. This collection was okay for what it was. The Lori Foster story about two close friends who both secretly want to become more was the most enjoyable to read of the three stories, especially since the main characters knew each other more than a day. All three stories were rather forgettable, although I did enjoy laughing at some of the inexplicable plot inconsistencies.
Lindsay
Mar 03, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit
It was a dollar in the Kindle store. That is my only excuse.
Nancy Brady
Three very different contemporary erotic romance novellas are found in this anthology written by authors Lori Foster, Erin McCarthy, and Morgan Leigh.

All feature a hot male, allegedly a bad boy, who clean up well. So much so that in each of them there is at least one scene where they sport a tuxedo, usually with a dangling black tie (as seen on the cover). In only one does it really play a role in the story itself (the second one written by Erin McCarthy).

The first story features a two good fri
Tracey
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
OMG what was my younger self thinking? How could I have given this a 5 star rating and a spot on my favorites shelf? My standards must have been really low. Or maybe I just wasn't remembering the right book and gave this rating to an impostor back then. Either way, these 3 stories were mediocre at best. I usually love Lori Foster but I just was not feeling it. The second story was the best of the bunch. I don't know. I just feel weird about this review. I don't get how I can go from 5 stars to 2 ...more
Lina Ivanova
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I likes reading all three stories in this novella. They were nice, romantic and very easy to read.
Kezermezer
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
I really like a lot of the Bad Boys books, and Lori Foster and Erin McCarthy are two of my favorite authors, but this one fell short of the mark for me.

Good With His Hands, by Lori Foster

Next door neighbors Pete (Watson, brother to Gil and Sam) and Cassidy are good friends, but nothing more... until Pete decides he wants to mix things up a bit. But can their friendship withstand the heat?

The sex in this one was fairly hot, but the characters were just so-so. I wasn't much moved by Pete's sudden
Cindy
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I enjoyed this anthology - even though the black tie was somewhat a stretch in at least 2 of the stories. It is a nice read with plenty of steamy bits and just right for picking up when you only want to read for a few minutes to relax.

3 stories:

Good with His Hands - Lori Foster: This was a fun read and one of those friends with romantic feelings kind of stories. They are both casual work buddies and live next door to each other and hang out together. Should they remain friends or try to
Alexandra O'Hurley
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Lori Foster's story was just simply okay. There was no real depth to the characters, but I also understand how hard it is to delve all that deeply in a short story. For what it was, entertainment, it was fine.

Erin McCarthy's story was also simply okay. I didn't care for the heroine and thought she was much too hard and unlikable...and super frigid. Maybe I just can't relate, but she just irritated me.

Morgan Leigh's story is what took a three rating and moved it down. I almost want to rate the bo
E.
Sep 04, 2011 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars.

Good With His Hands: Lori Foster, next door neighbors Pete Watson and Cassidy McClannahan finally change from a platonic relationship to a more intimate one. Confusion abounds. She thinks she wants a guy who is normally in a suit, he's a casual kind of guy. They find a way to work it out.

Miss Extreme Congeniality: Erin McCarthy, FBI agent CJ White has plenty of personal issues but still is attracted to fellow agent Wyatt Maddock. Wyatt is interested in the standoffish and prickly CJ
Stefanie
Aug 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommended to Stefanie by: I read books by Lori Foster and Erin McCarthy
Good with his hands by Lori Foster (3 stars)
This story was good. I liked the characters Pete and Cassidy.

Miss Extreme Congenialtiy by Erin McCarthy (1 star)
I liked this story the least. There was no real chemistry between the characters and they weren't believable as a couple.

Last Call by Morgan Leigh (3 stars)
I liked this story the most. It was a fun story although the romance was a bit rushed. What else can you expect from a short story.
Scoyphenson
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
While I enjoy a good whirlwind romance, I have a hard time accepting love at first sight stories. At least those that immediately result in marriage. All I can think is, what kind of fool agrees to marry someone he or she has known for a day or two?

Two of these stories avoided that trap, showing the shift from friendship to love; those were enjoyable. The third was harder to take, based on love at first sight and a preponderance of exclamation points.
Sandy
The first two stories I liked but the last one I really didn't enjoy. I mean she "falls" in love with this guy in one day!?! Yeah I kind of don't believe that and they decide to get married right away so I kind of didn't feel the connection between both of them. At least the other stories they knew each other even if they got on each other's nerves. ...more
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I enjoyed first two steamy stories. 1) neighbors & co-workers Pete and Cassidy take their friendship to next level, 2) FBI partners CJ & Wyatt turn their animosity into hot sex, 3) singer & mayor love at first sight, lots of thoughts & unrealistic so heavily skimmed. My overall rating 3.5*
Tasneem
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
These stories were okay. I found them a bit uninspiring and uninteresting actually and the plots mostly unbelievable. Don't bother reading. ...more
Kathy
Jun 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, sensuous
Skye
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is just something incredibly sexy about a man in a suit. So a collection of three novellas by some of my favourite authors that feature men in suits… yeah, I’ll get on board with that! Especially on those late nights when I’m alone on the couch… yeah, don’t judge me… 😊

There is no doubt – I’m definitely going to read this short story collection again. Not just because all three novellas were amazing independently, but because they were actually amazing together as well. It was just a fantas
Bernie
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bad Boys in Black Tie review

Bad Boys in Black Tie is a collection of three cute stories written by authors Lori Foster, Erin McCarthy, and Morgan Leigh.
TinaMarie
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Andi Plouffe
Sep 08, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Every short story, they automatically fell in love and got engaged right after the fuck, even if they only knee each other 24 hours. Meh. I like fantasy but this was downright unrealistic.
Cherie Clark
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book
Under the Covers Book Blog

Good With His Hands - 4 Stars

How come I didn't know about this series by Lori Foster? Well, I really enjoyed this story, which is # 3 in the Watson Brothers, and believe me I'll go back and read the rest. It was cute, funny, sexy and hot. There's the girl next door, Cassidy, who's a bit of a tomboy, doesn't worry too much about how she dresses or what her hair looks like. She works with, and now lives next door to, hunky and to-die-for hot Pete Watson. They've been best friends for over a ye

Jackie
Book Info
Published January 1st 2012 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2004)
original title Bad Boys In Black Tie (Includes: Watson Brothers, #3)
ISBN 0758277571 (ISBN13: 9780758277572)
edition language English
series Watson Brothers #3, FBI Agents
characters Pete Watson, Cassidy McClannahan, CJ White, Wyatt Maddock, Tess Braeden
setting United States
other editions (6)
Source:Kindle version borrowed from Public Library

Book Buy Links
Amazon
Maura
Jess
Good With His Hands (Lori Foster) - I was not a fan of this story. The characters lacked depth. They were just...there. I didn't care about them at all. There were lots of inconsistencies, too. I have trouble believing that Cassidy never let it slip that she had a crush on Pete, especially since they lived in one another's pockets for a year. She's an athletic trainer, but can't carry on a conversation with her sister's jock boyfriend. Pete comes across as nothing more than a horny teenager - he ...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Good with His Hands by Lori Foster

Pete Watson & Cassidy McClannahan live next door to each other in a codo complex. They both work for a fitness gym. She has a life plan & he is just going through life. He wants her, and she wants him, but they pretend they don't.

They finally sleep together & well... life happens.

This was good. It was a quick read and goes along with her series of the Watson brothers.

Miss Extreme Congeniality by Erin McCarthy

FBI agents CJ White & Wyatt Maddock work together. CJ
Kathy Davie
Three short stories in this anthology in which black tie features in three women's fantasies.

Series:
"Good with His Hands" (Watson Brothers, 3)
"Miss Extreme Congeniality" (incorporates characters from Smart Mouth , 1.5?)

The Stories
Lori Foster's "Good with His Hands" reflects Cassidy McClannahan's abrupt realization that one aspect of her dreams does not mesh with her true self.

This is a cute, insightful story about two people who have taken the time to build a friendship although Cassidy's rea
Cindy
Contemporary romance, another "Bad Boy" book.

Lori Foster - 3 stars. Protected sex. This is a Watson brother story. The youngest, more annoying brother Pete to be exact. He's been friends with Cassidy for about a year, but just friends. Now he's decided he wants to be more. After a lot of hot sex they love each other & get married. The end.

Erin McCarthy - 3 stars. I remember these characters from another anthology, but I can't remember which one. They have a relationship at work where he's the
Haley
Good With His Hands- I really lived this story for some reason. The beginning was a bit odd but once Pete started to admit his crush I really enjoyed it

Miss Extreme Congeniality - This one didn't do a whole lot for me. I honestly didn't understand why Wyatt would fall for CJ so quickly when she had been nothing but unpleasant to him. It mentions over and over how surly she is at work and how unattractive she dresses yet he can't help but be dying for her to come over. It doesn't make sense.

Nora
May 31, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book was just sad.

Good With His Hands by Lori Foster: They are neighbors who are hot for each other, but figure that the other won't want them because they aren't what they are looking for, but hey throw in half a short story full of raunchy sex & it's all good--right?

Miss Extreme Congeniality by Erin McCarthy: They are FBI partners who are hot for each other, but figure the other one won't want them because they aren't what they are looking for, but hey throw in half a short story full of
« previous 1 3 next »
Just Reissued BAD BOYS IN BLACK TIE by Lori Foster & Erin McCarthy! 1 7 Jan 03, 2012 08:34AM
Cyber Launch Party For Lori Foster 1 6 Aug 02, 2010 10:18AM

• Hell for Leather (Black Knights Inc., #6)
  • Born Wild (Black Knights Inc., #5)
  • Hell on Wheels (Black Knights Inc., #1)
  • In Rides Trouble (Black Knights Inc., #2)
  • Rev It Up (Black Knights Inc., #3)
  • Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc., #4)
  • Full Throttle (Black Knights Inc., #7)
  • Hot Pursuit (Black Knights Inc., #11)
  • Built to Last (Black Knights Inc., #12)
  • Nobody But You (Cedar Ridge, #3)
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
  • Insatiable (Steel Brothers Saga #12)
  • Wanted (Most Wanted, #1)
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • The Ties that Bind
  • Beauty and the Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #2)
  • The Troublemaker Next Door (The McCauley Brothers, #1)
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds from t

Watson Brothers (3 books)
  • Bad Boys On Board (Watson Brothers, #1)
  • Bad Boys To Go (Watson Brothers, #2; Wilde Series, #1.2)