Jump to ratings and reviews

Hers to Tell

Born with OCA1b, Cara Ella Smith couldn't be more different from her sisters. The need to move far away from family lands her in Miami, where she becomes a writer. Her first novel indirectly aids Detective Abram Jonah in the arrest of a vile human being, and she becomes a target as a result. On the day of her 8th book signing event, she is almost run down by a vehicle, which she narrowly avoids because she is pulled away from the road by a dashing hunk, Jet Meyer. There is a nagging fear that tugs at her. Jet is hiding something. He skillfully evades personal questions that Cara asks him. Cara is plagued with anxiety and nightmares from her near-death experience, but deep down, she knows that her distress has more to do with Jet than the incident.

212 pages, Paperback

Published August 13, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Emem Uko

8 books251 followers
Emem Uko has gained recognition for her unique plot-twisting and suspense-filled writing style, which leaves readers wanting more.

Emem Uko, whose first name means “peace” in Annang, developed a love for story books and writing at an early age and blames it on her parents’ decision to buy her books instead of candy. She soon began writing her own stories and poems and in High School, a poem of hers was published in the school paper. From then on, her enthusiasm grew and she never shied away from writing although never thinking she would one day have a book published.

She moved to the United States to study at Principia College and Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville where she received a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in Business Administration, respectively. Artistic in many ways, Emem Uko sketches, makes jewelry, writes poetry and dabbles in other creative endeavors. She explains that her interest in learning all these skills were shaped by her parents’ encouragement and their admiration of various arts forms and crafts.

Emem says she is thankful to everyone who has contributed in any form to grooming her into the author she is today. Emem is always writing. Make sure you check out her books.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (50%)
4 stars
3 stars
2 (50%)
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews
Profile Image for Eshtiaq .
27 reviews1 follower
September 21, 2016
Hers to tell is a novel with scattered ideas here and there . It felt the novel all normal and ordinary leaving a hint that "something bad " will happen and I begin to lose hope that it will until the last few pages . I can't deny the fact that I liked the loss connection between the murders but left many questions to be answered . I clearly wanted more in terms of details which the author was amazing in and also more one-on-one time between Cara and Jet after knowing who he really is + Cara vs Trent .
Cara is a person who is going through a transition in character that she wasn't aware of , leaving her not being able to do the right decision because she was stuck in the middle between two different personalities .
The chemistry between Cara and Jet was completely physical rather than true love or attraction of minds and souls which left me a bit disappointed as usually more build up relationship with dark characters adds to the depth of the novel .
I wanted Cara to survive what have happened to her at the end because she was intelligent and a fighter , her survival seemed like pure luck which left me sad .

Emem Uko is definitely talented author in the making . I totally love her detailed smooth writing style that remind me of Colleen Hoover and will definitely pick up books written by her .
Profile Image for C.M. Okonkwo.
Author 37 books102 followers
July 13, 2018
The book started off kind of slow and dragged, from the main character, Cara’s eventful morning that spread over the first few chapters, to meeting a mysterious guy, Jet, who befriends her. They get close and enter into a relationship (or is it a relationship?), but I don’t feel any chemistry between them. Perhaps it was the author’s intention to make it seem that way.

A few more chapters into the book, I couldn’t tell what the story was really about, as the main plot wasn’t evident. I just seemed to be following Cara around. I had to go back to check the book’s genre and saw that it was ‘suspense,’ but there was nothing really suspenseful about it.

However, going deeper into the book, it started to have a little more activity and suspense, although very slow paced suspense. I also loved the little pockets of mystery that came up and the fact that Cara was writing a book, so I got to see excerpts from the book, which by the way, I strongly hope the author will complete and release.

Read more on my blog: http://cmokonkwosblog.blogspot.com/20...

***
CMO
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.