Start by marking “Abandoned Grace: An Interview with Devin Andersen (The Life of Anna, #6)” as Want to Read:
Abandoned Grace: An Interview with Devin Andersen (The Life of Anna, #6)

Abandoned Grace: An Interview with Devin Andersen (The Life of Anna, #6)

As an author, I know that characters often take on lives of their own. But what would you do if you received a phone call from someone you thought only existed in the pages of your book?
That is exactly what happened to me, Marissa Honeycutt, author of The Life of Anna.
Imagine my complete shock when I was called upon to perform an extraordinary and revolting task: travel to
Published September 27th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Abandoned Grace, please sign up.
Marissa Honeycutt Hi Mica,

I am humbled by your words. Thank you so much!

Hi Mica,

I am humbled by your words. Thank you so much!

I can't promise that any of my other books will live up to Anna's story, but I it is certainly my goal.

On that note, though, I am hoping to release Abandoned Grace in October, at the latest.

:) Marissa(less)

Steph's Romance Book Talk
Oh Marissa, you start off by making me think you were writing a love letter to your readers about the evilest, dirtiest, DEVIL I have ever read about. You made me almost have compassion for the DEVIL, how did you do that? I want MORE, need MORE!! I was emotionally wrecked by The Life of Anna and your interview with the DEVIL, himself just opened my mind back to the darkness making me want to know MORE!!! I truly hope that these characters speak through you again because that is one tunnel of dar ...more
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books
Abandoned Grace is a different and refreshing approach than what you typically see from an author. It is a unique perspective to have the author amidst the story, involved and interacting with the characters.

Marissa has reacquainted us with those characters that we all fell in love with, and loved to fall in hate with, in The Life of Anna series. I was quickly reminded of how much of a sick and twisted fuck Devin Anderson was. The brutality and depraved debasement that Anna endured in the seri
Di Covey
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Marissa Honeycutt brought "The Life of Anna" full circle. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. Devin, he's one of the most terrifying villains I've come across. But, for some reason I needed something, a look into his twisted mind.

Told from the authors perspective. What a different approach, I loved this idea. Marissa takes a journey to Russia, a dark journey into the past with Devin. Just reading about the characters gave me chills. As a huge fan of this series, it was like a reunion
Diana
I hope this is just part one. If not, then this book will leave more questions than it answers. The premise sounded intriguing, the author becoming a part of the story in order to find answers about what made Devin the way he was. There was even a slight sense of urgency because a super elder mistress was missing, and Devin's mind was thought to hold the key to this possible abduction. We learn a bit about Devin's past and how he grew up, however, the story is unresolved. We learn nothing about ...more
Gill Selling
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to give this book so much more than five stars.
it was so unique. The way the author brought the story to life. It was a touch of genius to make herself one of those much loved character.
Marissa. That was one hell of a read. To start with I felt safe. Reading the story with you in it. It was like bring fantasy to life. Combining the two worlds.
Then it started to get serious. I worried for you. I was back into the Life of Anna. Staring into a pensive (Harry Potter) Watching the destruct
Dawn
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you Marissa for the insight into Devin’s young life and the precursor to the events that lead to “The Life of Anna”.

Also, I hope that you are “deemed worthy”; I know there is more to tell.

My fingers are crossed!!
Michelle
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing

A brilliant added addition to The Life of Anna Series's ~ Loved getting an insight to Devin in his younger days and why he became the twisted evil devil he did.

The only downside for me was this book was too short !

Cannot wait for more new dark reads coming from Marissa Honeycutt.
rvagirl
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What???
What!!!
*screams!!!!!!*
Marissa, I need more... you can't do this to me!!
What an amazing reunion, through the eyes of the author!! I'm so jealous 😁

I loved it!!!
KimTae
The book was a good read...I was just expecting more from it. (view spoiler)

Too many questions, but I'm sure there will be more to this story this year. *Fingers Crossed*
Shelby
*I received a free copy to read for Wicked Reads*

Abandoned Grace was a little snippet into the pre-Anna life of Devin Andersen. This quick read will be better appreciated if read after The Life of Anna series (and what a dark journey it was)!
I loved, loved, loved this. I loved everything about it: the way it was written, the subject matter itself, the glimpse it gave us of a young Devin/evil mastermind.
Even better was the foreshadowing that their may be some MORE stories about these characters
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC Provided and Reviewed by We’ve Licked that book blog

I like the way this book was done, as the Author brings it to life with herself as one of the characters in the book and is off to Russia to interview one of the most hated characters in her books life of Anna series.

Join Marissa on this journey to get inside the head of Devin who became the Monster we all hated.

It was great to get some insight to Devin’s past and why he was the way he was. I might understand him a little better after read
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

Oh, wow, what a brilliant idea ... and seriously freaking scary too. You really must read the stories which precede this interview to get the full force of what emerges, and what might be in the future.

The series was an incredibly intense read, and this just brought back all the memories and shivers down my spine ... more to come - I say bring it on, but with goosebumps of fear and dread. (I was utterly compelled to rea
Polly Ross
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having read the previous books by this wonderful author I could not wait to start this new short read, I easily feel back into the world of Anna and Alex and instantly loved this book , I will not spoil this book by giving any details in this review if you loved the life of Anna and needed to know why Devin was the way he was then you need to read this book , thank you Marissa for giving us more of the story
Louise Seraphim Reviews
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016, reviewed
Anybody who knows what I like to read, knows I will hands down recommend The Life of Anna series to any curious or die hard dark readers. I absolutely loved that series, I've not been able to find anything in the dark genre that comes anywhere near to the level that series is on.

When I saw Abandoned Grace was heading out soon, I quickly jumped on the pre-order button. I had no clue what it was about, just that it was Devin's short story. I didn't really care all that much, I just wanted more fr
Sal
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this even if it did leave me with a ton of questions that I would love answers too but that’s just my inquisitive mind lol.
It was a new and refreshing way of writing a story and it was interesting to read the interaction between author and character... so blooming clever!
Worryingly I found myself feeling slightly sorry for Devin which if you’ve read my review of the complete series you will know that is a really hard thing for me to do as I honestly hated him with so much pass
Terri West
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
What an amazing idea to write this insight into the mind of Devin Anderson, it almost makes Anna's story a reality. I was an emotional wreck by the time I finished The Life of Anna and it was really, really good to meet up with the characters again. My problem now is that where does this leave our latest heroine, Sabrina? (If you've started that series you will understand what I mean) I fear for her and can't wait for the 3rd book in the series.

Thanks you Marissa for an amazing experience.
Stephanie Furlan
3.5-3.75 stars

It’s been a few years since I read The Life of Anna series. To this day it is one of my favorites. That being said, I liked Abandoned Grace. It was good to catch up.

I took points away because the whole Marissa inserting herself into the story as if it was real was totally stupid. This should have been a regular fiction story. Marissa could have given us a quick novella to show us what the characters were up to. Also I’m still not sure I get the whole missing girl angle. Is this to
Lutfiyyah H. Al-Amin
Hanging On

This certainly has me hanging on for the next installment and left me with questions from this read. What ever happened to Anya's father after her mother died? Where did Anya get her immortality from if not from her parents? And if it came from her parents, why weren't they in a better position in life? I felt these could have been answered unless the answers play a role in the next installment. I anxiously await.
Shelli
This was the perfect ending to Life of Anna, or perhaps, the perfect bridge between Life of Anna and her next series.
We finally get to see "behind the curtain" of the monster that was Devin. We get to see where it all began and why. It answered a few questions, and it raised a few more!
I love everything Marissa Honeycutt has written, and this was no exception. I can't wait for her to finish her next series!
Victoria B
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need more of this story. Devin is the ultimate evil bad guy and the background information that we are given in this book is great but I want so much more. I feel that there is now an opening for more books (or I could be just hoping and wishing). If you read the series The Life of Anna then this book is a must read.
Nettie
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

This kinda leaves you hanging. It was a good story and I would have liked to have read more of her thoughts and where things are going to go. She just stopped!! Leaving the reader wondering what's going to happen and I she going to follow up with another story containing this information along with Alex and peters findings.
Ri
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 I never want this series to end stars

This was just a short book that gave insight into Devin from The Life of Anna series. It continues its dark theme. I am not sure why I love that series as much as I do considering how dark it is but its unlike anything that I have ever read. I never want it to end. I'm looking forward to it continuing with the Elder-Mistress.
Amanda
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***HELP ME***
I need more...
I need more than more...
I need to see babies...
**sighs**
This was the most interesting epilogue I have ever had the pleasure of reading but I was so expecting to see A and A have a little more of what they dreamed of. Please tell me that this is not the end!!! Schatzi needs her fairy tale *wipes a tear* Marissa, this has to be the most amazing experience...please give us a little more!!!
Gizel Alvarez
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny with a dash of sad

Her talking to us the readers is both funny and silly the way she explained the story though is sad to know even the beginning was sad/heartbreaking in the end.
Heidi
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit confusing

Having just reread the Life of Anna, this was a bit confusing. Devon's story doesn't really mean with things in Anna's. Where was Kaveh's immortal back up during Anna's story?
Emma
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having just finished the life of Anna and being at a loss of what to do with my life now I found this little extra and was excited to be able to dip back into the world sadly only for a very short time and to be left wanting to know what happens next, I HATE cliffhangers when there is no follow up released or even advertised as in the pipeline *sobs*

I like the premise of the story, gleaning info into Devin was a brilliant move BUT I think it would be far far better coming from the integral chara
Gwamsa
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marissa and Devin

This is a twisty little book that answers a load of questions, while, at the same time, giving the reader a chill. There is something worse than the immortal Kavah...Vamar. Something I our future perhaps?
Julia Leonard
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible

The Author interviews Devin.
Come to find out the young Devin wasn't quite the monster I expected him to be.
He was just a boy that fell in love with a girl.
Not knowing how special she really was.
In the end Devin gets what he deserves.
Ange
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good, short read

I actually liked this story. I saw a few comments about not looking this book, but knowing the background of these characters made it fun to read. Almost made me feel a little pity for Devin as the story progressed. A little... Not a lot.
DeAnna Dodge
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh Devin..

As sort of a conclusion, but maybe not, of this series. Of course we now know some of Devin`s evilness not that it was an excuse for his behavior. But hearing Marissa`s interview helped put some things in perspective.. Love it!!
Beta Reader Group: Seeking Betas who have read The Life of Anna 5 24 Aug 21, 2016 08:36PM
  • Wait For Me (For Me #1)
  • Pretty New Doll (Pretty Little Dolls, #3)
  • Enforce (Hard Hit, #7)
  • Possession (Black Light #11)
  • The Gingerbread Dungeon
  • Cursed Ever After (Eternal Vampires)
  • Mercy (Judgment, #2)
  • Wishing Well
  • Take Your Pick
  • Pretty When She Cries
  • The Wicked Ones: Children of the Lost
  • The Priestess (Wasteland, #4)
  • Fast Forward
  • Clutch (The Redline Series #5)
  • Sanibel Sizzle (Fanged Ménage, #3)
Hi Everyone!

I'm an indie author that likes to write books that will make you feel! Dark is my primary genre with touches of romance, paranormal, political conspiracy, suspense, and thriller. I love meeting new readers, so feel free to touch base with me and introduce yourself!

Find and Follow Me on My Amazon Author Page