Start by marking “Mid-Life Love (Mid-Life Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mid-Life Love (Mid-Life Love, #1)

Mid-Life Love

(Falling for Mr. Statham #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7,831 ratings  ·  916 reviews
This is a previously-published edition - ASIN: B00DODQAJK

If you'd asked me what love was two years ago, I probably would've said, 'It's this amazing feeling that obsesses and possesses you; it's what me and my husband currently have.' If you ask me that same question today, I'll say, 'Please get the hell out of my face.’

Claire Gracen's life is picture perfect. Her career a
Kindle Edition, 3rd Edition, 460 pages
Published (first published June 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Mid-Life Love, please sign up.
Lauren - SERIESous Books It's a series (beside the title on the book's page, there is the series name in grey and in brackets. If you click the text, the link will show you…moreIt's a series (beside the title on the book's page, there is the series name in grey and in brackets. If you click the text, the link will show you all the books in the series). The sequel is called At Last and is a continuation.(less)

really liked it 4.00  ·

Baba
DNF.*1 star. Since I can't give it 0 stars I'm giving it one star. Review completed July 15, 2013

photo tumblr_mefrxlhyvL1ry8wlx_zpsdd510692.gif

And another one bites the dust. This was beyond bad. Older heroine younger hero is one of my favorite tropes but Mid Life Love is absolutely unacceptable; it didn't work out for me at all. I think I have been experiencing a serious book midlife crises when I was off Goodreads.
Mid Life Love is another Fifty rip-off. Is this ever going to stop??

photo tumblr_mlydkjB8dv1qclj7lo1_500_zps23ff41d4.gif

There are two words that come to my mind. Uninspiring.
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Akanksha❤ Søren♰ by: JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Lovedddddddddddd this book... like too much~!

:D :D :D :D :D

Beautiful book, amazing pace, loved the drama; so wasn't over the top. Just right!
Loved the author's writing style!
Loved the story and everything ;D

I feel so happy! hehe
Was only smiling while I read this book.

She started crying. “I said I was sorry! I thought you were cheating on me when I set your Aston Martin on fire!”
I can’t believe I almost forgot about that...

LOL, Had the right amount of comedy too ;)

“So, last week I had sex at t
Mo
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

I quite enjoyed this one….

Ok, it’s been done to death, rich CEO, wanting to take control. Shouting “You’re Mine!”

Older woman – Jeez, she was only 40!

It was going along predictably but then got a bit more interesting towards the end.

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5--Frustrating--Stars!!

This book exhausted me. I really wanted to like it. And there were a lot of things I did like. This could have been a really good book. But the heroine, Claire, ruined it.

Claire is 40, she's been divorced for 4 years. It was a bad split...her husband Ryan was having an affair with her best friend Amanda.

So I get some of where Claire was coming from. How she might have been a bit hesitant to jump into a relationship with Jonathan.

Afterall, Jonathan is younger, 11 years
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.25 'ML' Stars!

Whitney G. strikes again! I've been wanting to read this for a long time and I really REALLY enjoyed it! Damn, I love this author's books so much! I fell in love with her Reasonable Doubt series and dirty-mouthed Andrew and now she made me love Jonathan too (not as much as Andrew though! lol He still is my favorite!).

I’d never been kissed like he was kissing me; it felt like I was having sex—with my mouth.

Definitely, what I loved the most about Mid-Life Love is Jonathan Statham
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

4.5 steamy stars

Typically during a mid-life crisis you either buy a expensive sport car or travel to Europe OR you find yourself a man that's 11 years younger and have some fun. I think I will choose option B!

Claire is a soon-to-be 40 year old divorced mother of two teenage girls. She hates her job and she's stuck in a rut. All of that changes when she meets sexy, savvy, rich and handsome Jonathan Statham, CEO for the company Claire works for.

First off, I didn't know what this read was about.
.Lili.
 photo jon_is_disappointed_zps5d2469a6.gif

Although I enjoyed the book I had a big problem with Claire. I did feel bad for her. My mom was cheated on and I saw how difficult it was for her to pick up the pieces after- so I was sympathetic to her annoying insecurities. Plus, when things came together at the end it was more understandable to justify some of her actions. Even still though- I just really had a hard time liking her. She was so immature. I found the way she treated Jonathan was too much. I began to wonder why this great guy ev
La-Lionne
*** 1 star ***

I actually really liked the beginning. Her journal entry was really funny. And the first couple of chapters that fallowed were pretty good, too. But then we started to get to know our MCs better and I thought "Are we still going at it?"

After reading the first 10% of the book, I got the impression that the story will be about a woman having some sort of midlife crises, trying to figure out the next step in her life. It was obvious, that at some point during the story, she will meet
Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂
When I started realising I really, really wasn't enjoying this book I did what I usually don't do - I went on the book's Goodreads page, read a few reviews which confirmed what I suspected - this book was a cheap Fifty Shades of Grey knock off. That is a pretty low bar to crawl under! But to my horror I also discovered the books total page count was 460! I was a third of the way in (Note to self:must figure out how to get the page count back on my kindle!) and it was an easy decision for a DNF a ...more
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

3.5 stars!

Well I've seen pretty good reviews for this book and well I took my chances.

Let's just say that I was not blown away at all with this story.

Claire Gracen's life has fallen apart... Why? Because her husband has cheated on her with her best friend.

Everything she knows is broken.
Now Claire must start afresh..

Turning the big 40 Claire Meets the sexy Johanathan Statham- self made billionaire and CEO of Statham Industries.
He is 29 and happens to be the boss of the company she works for.

When
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
5 Huge stars for this amazing book. What a hidden gem this book was. I started it and was hooked from the very first page. It was a beautiful love story that I couldn't get enough of. This book is a must read.
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

photo FreeHotPixbysb_zps02f167cd.gif

📚 📌 FREE on Amazon US today (8/29/2017) 📌 📚

Book 1. Series complete.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/Resisting-Boss...
BLURB:
Claire Gracen's life is picture perfect. Her career as a marketing director is on the brink of being legendary, and her marriage to her high school sweetheart has never been stronger. No, wait. It has. It used to be amazing and fulfilling, but one day Claire realizes that she's been living a lie and her best friend and husband have committed the ultimate betrayal.

Broken and d
Snow
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

For fuck's sake...

It pains me so much when the story pullsme in with a fave hate/love trope, sexy, snarky banter and absolutely awesome steamy passionate sex scenes only to be annoyed to death with overbearingly dragged ending...

towards the end, I actually hated the heroine after I initially liked her...

Why the fuck would you let the potential fantastic story go the waste like that?!

Why?! The fuck why?!

I cant even give it a pure 3 stars cause I m disappointed, angry and well...fuuuuck

Why the fuc
SheReadsALot
So...I was on my way to selecting an older woman/younger man book because I was in a mood and my Kindle looks like my TBR mountain...stuffed to the gills. So I come across this book and I figured, what the hell? Not what I planned on reading but a detour doesn't hurt.

Hmm.

Okay...WTF?

I knew when the heroine mentioned "inner goddess", I should have just went to find the original book I was seeking. But no, apparently I am a glutton for punishment. Claire is a bubblehead who acted like half her age.
Mitsy
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
Wow. A different romantic suspense story. Jonathan is 28, gorgeous, a billionaire, brilliant, and sweet. Claire is 39-40, divorced, with twin daughters, heartbroken over her now ex husbands cheating and also brilliant. Yes, they start a relationship. Jonathan pursues Claire...and keeps pursuing her. He doesn't care about her age. She does. Will Claire let the age difference get in the way? Will Jonathan finally get tired of Claire's insecurities?

Jonathan is absolutely adorable. He's so sweet,
Dee Montoya
Mid Love Life is one of those books that will make you happy, the story has the perfect ratio of romance, steaminess and humor.

Claire is a forty year old woman who's trying to get over a very bad divorce. She was married to her high school sweetheart for fourteen years and this man was "it" for her, Ryan and their twin daughters were Claire's vision of the perfect life, until she finds out that her husband and her best friend had been having an affair behind her back and the bitch was now pregn
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Three Stars

To the heroine, Claire, this bitch-slap is for you:

photo bitchslapped_zps6d747655.gif

I'm a huge fan of the older woman / younger man stories. Can't get enough of them really. So when one of my GR friends pointed this out, I was giddy. However, with that said, I'm kinda sad that I didn't like it as much. To be frank, I couldn't get over the annoying heroine. The Hero, however, is COMPLETELY swoon-worthy. Loved Jonathan! He made the story worthwhile. He was sexy, sweet, possessive and just HOT. How he never gave up on
Katerina
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
She's 40 looking 30 with one past lover and two daughters, but the HERO STILL GOTTA BE her first in some way (oral). For real?
Nikki ღ Navareus
***HUGE DNF***

I'm just not feeling Claire. I'm loving Jonathan, but honestly I don't understand why he keeps putting up with Claire's shitty treatment. She's negative, pissy, and carrying way too much baggage from the past. Move on Jonathan. Your time is better spent elsewhere.

aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
3.5 Stars

Claire was one of the worst heroines ever. I really mean it. She was giving me practically the whole book a very hard time

Yes she is forty, a divorcée, still heart broken (the end of her marriage was really painful),
But she really needs to move on after 4 years of being divorced.

And there is Jonathan, CEO of Claire firm, billionaire and only 11 years younger than her. I could understand Clairs insecurities in the beginning when Jonathan showed interest in her.
And it was totally ok of
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Give me a read about forty-somethings and I'm in, it's such a tangible, refreshing context for me. I felt totally engaged with MID LIFE LOVE because it also included a favourite setting of mine....office romance. This book is about a 40 year old divorcee who has lost herself in her heartache of the last 4 years. Claire is incredulous at the attentions of Jonathan Statham, her 28 year old boss and CEO of the company. She cannot understand his attraction to her and thwarts each of his approaches. ...more
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
description

Gitte: So we have a new one-click Author don’t we Jenny, and it’s this Lady right here. Her writing is fun, flirty, sexy and emotional. Her characters are brilliantly written; her storylines are addictive and very hot! I have to say Whitney Gracia Williams, excels at writing not only a fantastic male character but also the male POV.

“It’s going to be so fucking good that you’re going to want me to be your last.” – Jonathan

Her stories are a fabulous indulgence that you resent having to put down
Deeksha
May 21, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
0 Stars (since ratings can't be negative)

I DO NOT read stories where there's cheating, especially if one of the main leads was married, because frankly, it scares me. I don't like seeing how fragile relationships are, how easily....breakable. How you can build your whole life around someone, but that someone may just one day get up and decide they don't want that life with you.

I still decided to read this book. The beginning of this book ? **AWESOME**
I don't think I have ever encountered a fem
Haidoulina
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the majority of the book...
I loved Jonathan on the spot... He's amazing in every way... Knows what he wants and how to take it...
I had issues with the story though and that has more to do with Claire... She's afraid to start a new relationship because of how her marriage ended and even though that's understandable it gets old after a while... What frustrated me more with her was her permanent problem with their age difference... She wants to be with Jonathan but she uses their ages as
Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur )
This book was a surprise! It reminded me of another book that I love. The Hero is YUMMY and younger (11 years) than the Heroine, the Heroine can hold her own even if she is insecure about what her ex did to her and she made me laugh. There are texts, emails, nasty ex's and rather manipulative mother added to the mix...what's not to love.?? First time I have read this author and thouroughly enjoyed it. Great, heartwarming read!!
Kathleen

Romance ~ 4 Stars
Heat Level ~ 3.5 Stars
Ending ~ 3.5 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 3 Stars

I have mixed feelings about this book.

What worked
The beginning was fantastic, it grabbed me right away and I was drawn into the story. I loved certain things in particular, the well thought out pasts of both Claire and Jonathon, emotionally invested me in these characters. I also enjoyed reading about the da
Oct 31, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Also posted to Jen in Bookland

Phew. So I had to sit and calm down a bit after the ending of this book. It really made me angry. I ranted to my husband for quite a bit, and he just sits there and nods and lets me go on and on. But sometimes it is not enough. I need to write things down to get them out and stop thinking about them. If you are the author I am sorry, but this might get ugly. Before I go onto the ending of the book I thought I would start with my thoughts on the rest of the story - t
My Pink Fairytales
UGH! This could have easily been a 5★ novel if it wasn't for that annoying heroine! #hateyouClaire

There's this super awesome, totally amazing, most fabulous CEO who falls instantly in love with marketing director from his company, who is eleven years older than he is, also divorced and with teenage daughters.
Even though he makes grand gesture after grand gesture, he acts like she walks on water and he tells her how much he wants her, yet she's determined to make his life miserable and treat him
Michelle
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Screenshot_14

Claire is just days away from the big 4-0. Her life was shattered just a few years prior when the man she thought was the love of her life cheated on her and betrayed her in the worst possible ways. Leaving the comfort of her home on the east coast, Claire heads west with her twin daughters to start fresh. The only problem is that Claire really isn’t starting anything... She’s just living day to day unwilling to put herself fully back out there to seek out her a new happily ever after.

Jonatha
Epilogue 9 123 Apr 18, 2019 10:13AM
Kindle Lending (T...: Mid-Life Love 2 21 Aug 26, 2013 04:37PM
Book Giveaways: (r) Mid-Life Love by Whitney G & Necklace 1 14 Jul 29, 2013 11:38AM
Bargain Basement: (r) Mid-Life Love by Whitney G & Necklace 1 8 Jul 29, 2013 11:37AM
Free Books, .99, ...: (r) Mid-Life Love by Whitney G & Necklace 1 7 Jul 29, 2013 11:37AM

• The Exception to the Rule
  • The Art of Kissing a Greek Billionaire (Greek Billionaire, #6)
  • Come Together (The Cityscape, #3)
  • Frontline
  • Love Realized (Real Love, #1)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Night Moves (G-Man, #3)
  • Possession (The Plus One Chronicles, #2)
  • The Other F-Word (In Other Words, #2)
  • Shimmers of Pearl (Pearl, #3)
  • Last Man Standing (Southern Scrimmage, #5)
  • The Cowboy's Kink (The Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
  • Ever Enough (Ever Enough, #1)
  • Love Square (Love Square, #1)
  • Human Hieroglyphix (Human Hieroglyphix, #1)
  • A Taste of You (The Epicurean, #1)
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
Whitney G. is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author. Her books have been published in twelve languages.

Whenever she's not penning a new novel, you can find her blogging about self-publishing at The Indie Tea, drinking hot coffee, or traveling the world in sweater boots.

You can connect with Whitney on Instagram and Facebook.
Instagram: @whitneyg.author
Facebook: Facebook.com/AuthorWhit

Falling for Mr. Statham (2 books)
  • At Last (Mid-Life Love, #2)
“I don't want to hear any bullshit about how 'forgiveness' helps you sleep better at night,' because that's not true. (My seven layer mattress is amazing.)” 23 likes
“Are you going to promote every man that flirts with me?"

"no. I'll fire whoever does it next.”
23 likes