Start by marking “Two Necromancers, a Dragon, and a Vampire (The Unconventional Heroes #3)” as Want to Read:
Two Necromancers, a Dragon, and a Vampire (The Unconventional Heroes #3)

Two Necromancers, a Dragon, and a Vampire

(The Unconventional Heroes #3)

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  338 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Two necromancers, a dragon, and a vampire – it sounds like a shortcut to disaster, and for Timmy, it’s certainly looking that way.

To earn his pardon and avoid becoming yet another necromancer statistic, Timmy has to work for the Council. From bandit uprisings to giant sea serpents and ogre invasions, Timmy and the others are there to save the day – sort of.

And despite re
Published August 12th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Two Necromancers, a Dragon, and a Vampire, please sign up.
Ryan according to the author yes. Last time I emailed her she told me there were plans for more books.

Donna
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Timmy, Katie and peeps just keep getting more and more entertaining. I find myself cackling along with them as they triumph over every hazardous situation thrown at them.

Avraniel's dragon egg that she made off with when they defeated the dragon in Two Necromancers, a Bureaucrat and an Elf, finally hatches. She is able to survive its birth since she is immune to any and all kinds of fire so it assumes she is his mother. She names him Spot. He's very cuddly for a dragon.

Timmy's nemesis, James, ac
Jim
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was another fun and exciting adventure with Timmy, Katie, and the rest of the crew. The new additions of a dragon and vampire build on the powerful team that exists. Each character is unique in there abilities and the interactions between the characters is very entertaining.
Timmy's past is filled in more from the previous books and the sheer power of this group of misfits and miscreants is astounding.
Thorbjorn Lyk
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF, I feel the book spend too much time telling me how the world works instead of showing me, in opposition to the others books in the series which I rather liked this one just felt bloated. I finally dropped it when I reached chapter 18 and it literally starts with a resume of what happened at the end of chapter 17.

I will probably pick it up again at some point to finish it at which point the score will maybe change. But right not now ugh!
Paul Hathcox
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This series has been fun to read. The author has created a team of quirky characters (Timmy, Katie, Old Man, Avraniel and of course Spot) who make me want to find out what's going to happen to them next.

This particular book can be read as a stand alone story BUT I recommend reading the entire series in order in order to get the most of of this adventure.
Ed A
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun read

The entire series was fun and entertaining to read. Also, the stories reminded me of Terry Mancour’s Spellmonger series. I’m looking forward to the next Unconventional Hero novel.
Matthew Briner
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun romp

These characters and the overarching storyline are being developed masterfully. An entirely enjoyable read. I'm looking forward to what they get up to next.
G.
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-fun
Again, more like 3 1/2, but I feel amused enough to upgrade. Contains lots of action, still manages to be funny, and actually managed to get in some character development in between. Solid work.
Stephanie Fleming
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun light read!

I've breezed through all three of these books in a day- they're too much fun to put down!

The author keeps everything moving along at a good pace, and you get a decent amount of personality from all the characters.
It's an interesting balance, considering that the main character is quite moral, but raises corpses. The stories are mainly from Timmy's perspective, and the occasional transition to other character's (or an omniscient) perspective can be a bit jarring.

Can't wait for th
Miss Banana
Sep 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Definitely not as strong as the first two, and could have been split in two two separate books that read a lot easier. There was a lot of repetition of phrases and descriptions that could have been cut, and side-bars that could have been cleaned up. The middle third dragged a bit, but the first portion (which involved the dragon and the vampire in the same sort of vein as the first two did narrative-wise) and the last portion (which could have served as its own story) kept the pace well enough t ...more
Erica Cruz
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another masterpiece

I have not words to describe how incredibly awsome is this book - and the whole series for that matter! Aventurous and wittily funny, the main characters are truly enjoyable - my favorite by far being of course the Grand Necromancer himself, Timmy (the pack of rats being a close second - and Katie and Avraniel and Gerald and the Old Man, oh, all of them) - and of course, as a pet, Spot is the most adorable nightmarish-foe-to-be ever!!! I do hope there are still a lot of books
Neil
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
More!
But Zoidberg, there aren't anymore, and there never will be.
MORE!

I really loved this series. I think the unconventional ideas and unconventional allies help to create a unique story for the prolific reader of science fiction and fantasy such as myself. Reading this story with other more cliche stories in mind throws a breath of fresh air on the genre in which these character archetypes are usually placed.
Jessica Roberts
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Welcome back, Katie and Timmy! Long live the Ninja Rats!!

I almost NEVER give a book five stars, but this one deserves it. Not only are our two favorite necromancers back, but there are new faces joining the band of, er, brothers, sisters, and others. And the Dragon, Spot, is adorable. Mr. Estrella's plotting is improving, and all in all, it's a joy.
Ryan
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Fantastic read and best novel in this series so far. Captures and improves on everything that makes this series so entertaining. I drop all other books i'm reading when one of these are released and only return to them after this books last page. It's that good.
Jürgen Van Holder
Mar 28, 2017
Me1980
Sep 11, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
I'm a reader and writer with a keen interest in psychology, history, physics, and economics. I'm especially interested in the intersection of these different areas (e.g., the psychology behind the sub-prime mortgage collapse).

In terms of fiction, I enjoy reading horror, fantasy, science fiction, Westerns, and thrillers. I believe that every genre has its good points, and I want to be able to incor

The Unconventional Heroes (3 books)
  • Two Necromancers, a Bureaucrat, and an Elf (The Unconventional Heroes #1)
  • Two Necromancers, an Army of Golems, and a Demon Lord (The Unconventional Heroes #2)
“wasn’t Avraniel the least bit embarrassed about saying things like that about the anatomy of her opponents? And Katie was absolutely sure that what Avraniel had just suggested the ogre do with its club was anatomically impossible. Her eyes widened, and her jaw dropped. Apparently, it wasn’t anatomically impossible. It was just extremely fatal. Antics” 0 likes
“Would you mind giving the rest of us a translation?” “You jerks need to learn how to speak more languages. It means He Who Shall Bring Misery And Fiery Death To My Enemies While Slaughtering All Who Oppose Me.” Timmy looked at Katie. She looked back at him.” 0 likes