Start by marking “Breaking Him” as Want to Read:
Breaking Him

Breaking Him

Folks in town call him a monster — say he’s dangerous. But I know him simply as Elijah Hays, the quiet, gentle giant who works with the horses on my ranch. I can feel him watching me, that steady intense gaze making me crave things I don’t quite understand, burn in a way that frightens me. He’s always kept his distance… until that night.

I remember him coming to my rescue,
Published September 5th 2016 by Entangled Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Him

✦❋Arianna✦❋
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it

description

Dayum! This was so much better than I had expected. And the best part is that this little gem was simply awesome and really, real hot! Ever since I’ve read the blurb I knew I had to read this one as soon as possible, mainly because the idea of a virgin hero intrigued me very much. I can’t remember the last time I’ve read an erotica or any other genre where the hero is not experienced between the sheets. Needless to say, this was a very nice change and while I’m not a fan of virgin heroes, I enjo
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
4 Solid Smut Scale Stars

This was a super cute, super steamy little number and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Eli was to die for.

Fans of Alexa Riley will love this one. Somewhat short, but with some surprising depth to it, I'll definitely be looking for more from this author.
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

How have I not read anything by this author before??

Abigail is struggling to keep her ranch afloat after the passing of her father. Helping her out is ranchhand Elijah Hays. He is quiet, gentle, and sexy as sin. Eli has a tragic past that gets him shunned by most of the town, but Abi sees something different in the gentle giant. Stolen looks and brief touches soon ignite a fire neither can control...

description
"The strong and sudden urge to force him to react, to tempt him past his control—to climb that
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Breaking Him is a stand alone fairly short story by Sherilee Gray. This is part of the Entangled Scorched line. I was generously provided with this book in exchange for an honest review by the author.

Abigail Smith has lived on the ranch in Deep River, Montana her entire life. Her mother left when she was little and it’s always been just her and her dad. About a year ago they took on a ranch hand, Elijah Hays. From the start, Abi has been fascinated with Eli. He is a huge man but his touch with t
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
You're my salvation, Abigail," he said, voice low and guttural, each word punctuated with an almost violent thrust of his hips. "Right here, inside you, I'm redeemed. I'm the man you need. I'm yours and you're MINE."

Well, hello there, Sherilee Gray, and welcome to my auto buy list. I'm not sure what made me read this book; whether it was the blurb or the cover or a combination of both that intrigued me, but man oh man am I glad I gave this a shot. At just under 200 pages, this packs a
XxTainaxX
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars. Before writing this review, I may or may not have needed a little cool down time **ahem**. This book is HOT ladies and gents. SCORCHING. Eli's got this amazingly perfect mix of inexperience and alpha domination that I thought was impossible. The writer was able to pull it off and made me love it! Abigail has been eying her farmhand, Eli, for a while. The townsfolk have nothing nice to say about him after something happened when he was a boy. She doesn't see him as anything but the kin ...more
Jen
4 Stars

“I need you, right now. I can’t get enough of you, darlin’. You’re all I can think about, all day, every day. When I’m inside you, I’m in heaven. And as soon as I pull out, all I’m thinking about is when I can get back in.”

After her father's death, Abigail's main concern became keeping her family's ranch up and running. Lucky for her Elijah Hayes is there to help. Tall, brooding and wicked hot Elijah.

Elijah's troubled childhood has made him a virtual recluse. If town gossip is to be belie
Maya
ARC received in exchange for on honest review.

3,5 STARS

Hmm, this book started off as a strong one. But you know what my problem was near the end? Too much sex. Yes, I can't believe I said it but I said it. At the beginning we get a near rape scene where Elijah or as Abigail likes to call him, Eli saves her from the towns jerk. Eli and her have been stealing glances at each other here and there, but after that event Abigail has enough and on thing leats to another and she starts to see Eli in a
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'My beautiful angel' Stars!

I only want to say two things about this book..

First, about Eli..

And second, to all the ladies that want to read Breaking Him, you just need to know this:
 photo 18463490_zpss6pypzad.gif
THIS WAS SCORCHING HOT!
Olga therebelreader

Omg where do I start! I can’t come up with the right words to explain how much I loved this book.
Abi might look like she has an edge, but she is so sweet, loyal and passionate. She is such a strong woman and doesn't take crap. Eli is the kind of hard ass Alpha that I love.
Abi is beautiful and Eli can't get her out of his head... But there's one problem, Eli grew up with no love from his parents and has a hard time with commitment. Plus, he’s the town’s outsider… Can Abi be the one to
Claire Robinson
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: entangled
4.5 - "The sweetest ache I've ever felt." Stars!

One thing you can guarantee that Sherilee Gray will deliver on is the dirty in her books, and boy did she with Breaking Him. Although a quick read it was packed full of naughty, delicious sexy times, and a great story-line as well.

The innocent hero trope is one that isn’t used enough for me, but there is a fine line in getting it right when it is, and in that respect I would say that Elijah took to being with a woman, like a duck takes to water.

"M
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
This little story surprised the hell out of me!
A virgin hero becoming a dominant lover in a novella, unrealistic? Hell yes! Is it smutty? You bet! But between all the smut you have surprisingly much story and angst and the characters were well fleshed out in the span of 143 pages.

Elijah was a heart achingly sweet and broken man. His dominant side was scorching, likewise Abi was an accepting and lovely heroine. Loved this!

Erika
DNF at 65%

Everyone loved this but me. The thing that mostly lead to my DNF (please don't read if you don't like detailed information):

(view spoiler)
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo 9377fb60777851e5e01ad197ac6d99_zps1afij7fr.gif

A male virgin cowboy!!!! Yes, that’s right a male virgin twenty something cowboy!!!!!! I practically don’t have to say anymore since I was already sold and practically inhaled this book in one sitting.

#BreakingHIm1

Sherilee Gray definitely knew how to wrangle and rope in her readers when she wrote this deliciously steamy erotic love story. Right off the opening pages, you will not want to put this book down. E-Readers will not only be one the heating
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Debra, Cecile
Shelves: erotic-bdsm
Weeeeelllll... that was A LOT OF SEX!! Yikes!!

Definitely a departure from my usual romances. It was like eating a kilo of dark chocolate in one sitting (did that once when I was little, gave me digestive problems for days).

BUT. It wasn’t all hot gratuitous sex. There was emotional connection. There was tenderness. I liked the heroine and I LOVED the Hero. Always had a soft spot for the name Eli for some reason. ESP. Since I r ad Dark Redemption by Aja James recently. Different sub genre, melting
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Damn that was good. I admit, I am a total sucker for the silent, intense men. The fact that the whole town thought Elijah was dangerous peaked my interest. Give me an H that barely talks and I need to know more. Of course, I don't want the man to truly be dangerous, at least not to woman. The fact that Elijah was actually a very good man underneath just made this story so much sweeter.

The author started this story off with me already needing to fan myself. Sherilee Gray sure knows how to write
Carvanz
What a wonderfully sweet, charming book this was! And the feels! From the beginning to end you can just feel every word. I absolutely loved Abi and Eli. Eli is an outcast, a monster, and a recluse. Abi has lost her family and struggling to save her ranch. Eli was hired by her father before he died and she has been drawn to him from the first day he arrived. Their initial coming together was angsty and awkward, steamy and beautiful. Sounds crazy, right? It was perfect.

There is a lot of sex in th
Kate
Aug 15, 2016 marked it as couldnt-finish-dnf
DNF 46%

This was just ridiculous and so not worth my time.
Bev
4.5 hot and dirty stars

Once again Sherilee Gray has made me a happy reader, I inhaled Breaking Him in one sitting and I bloody loved it. If you want a fast, hot and dirty guilty pleasure read with a whole lot of alpha male this is one to read.

Elijah is the (small) town pariah after suffering horrific abuse and tragedy as a child, and works as a ranch hand for Abigail. Right off you can see there is something "more" between them, and Ms Gray doesn't mess about, the steamy action starts really ear
Denna✌
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
TheresaDK
3.5-4 smutty stars!

So this was a lot smuttier than I expected. Kinda like a longer AR book with a bit more plot to it.
The storyline itself was alright, albeit oftentimes really unrealistic, but I can totally forgive that when the nookie is that hot and also... It's fiction, you guys! I'm fine with reading about a virgin H who's into light bdsm and goes for the butt nookie only after having cashed in his v-card a couple times before that. It's cool to read about a dirty talking virgin H who can g
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
OMG!!!!!! So hot!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh my god! This book! This book!

This is the way you write erotica. This book is what you want in a hot erotic read.

No extraneous chitchat. No need for extra detail or situations. Just straight forward hot anticipation, amazing character development, and a hot ass, spicy romance that leaves you panting and begging for more. You get the major feels for Eli. Holy smokes. Delicious! He has a few surprises up his sleeve!

This author knows how to write a hot
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I rarely ever read stories that have sexy, strutting cowboys but I'm glad I definitely read Breaking Him, because Eli knocked the boots right from under me! His sweet endearments, along with his dirty talking, had me squirming and shouting along with Abigail, “YES, YES, OH GOODNESS!!!”

The sexual tension between Eli and Abigail was right from the beginning, and I knew I was going to need a new pair or two of panties :-) Yet, as I started putting bits and pieces together of Eli's childhood, Breaki
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
His size, his quiet nature, his past and fears, none of that could hide his beautiful soul."

Where the hell have I been? How did I not know who Sherilee Gray was? I was totally intrigued by the synopsis of Breaking Him. I had never read the author before, but I just could not pass up the chance to meet Elijah. I really love reading about broken characters that find hope and healing through love. And I was kinda looking forward to a little barn sex... As long as it's someone else pulling the hay
Mandy
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot, unique-hero
Hot. So freaking hot. I need to read more by this author.
Sybil aka Lala
So there’s this park in which Sherilee Gray plays. You know all the players; the broody, silent cowboy and the woman who sees through his scary exterior. You may even know the game, the game of insta-lust that leads to raw animalistic sex and big badass man who happens to be a virgin. But Sherilee Gray doesn’t play there anymore. Because Sherilee Gray just hit it out of the goddamn park with Breaking Him!

This one was a one-handed read for damn sure. It was impossibly intense from the very first.
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
After reading all the rave reviews about this one having a well developed story and some hot poking, I picked it up.

Maybe I got a dodgy copy and the plot was hidden under all the cum. Because my version was just sex sex sex and that was about it after the 30% mark. I like a good lance lashing, but really that's all that happened, got to be boring.
Katie
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!

Short. Sweet. Sexy. Emotional. Loved this book.

Will definitely be reading more from this author in the future !
Jessica Alcazar
okay, so let's get this out the way .... FRIDICULOUS #CoverWin & #BlurbWin ... just wow!

This is a sexually driven story. In other words ... there's a lot of sex LOL I mention this because I often see all these negative reviews from readers on books that, for them, have too much sex (I can't believe I even typed that). So this for you .. WARNING: ridiculous amount of scorching hot passion ahead! For me, that's a #WIN

Confession: I haven't read a lot of books with an innocent hero. This was rea
P
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best erotica I've ever read this year.

RTC
  • True Control (True, #4.1)
  • First: Sensual Lesbian Stories of New Beginnings
  • Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 1
  • Tested by Her Web Master (Web Master, #2)
  • Once in a Lifetime
  • Brie's Mile High Club (Submissive in Love, #7)
  • Nights of Silk and Sapphire
  • Burn for Her (Ice Age Dragon Brotherhood, #2)
  • Irrevocably Claimed
  • Multi-Orgasmic
  • Finding Love Down Under
  • Quickies
  • Gratis: New Beginnings (Gratis Anthologies, #2)
Sherilee Gray is a kiwi girl and lives in beautiful New Zealand with her husband and their two children. When she isn't writing sexy, edgy contemporary and paranormal romance, searching for her next alpha hero on Pinterest, or fueling her voracious book addiction, she can be found dreaming of far off places with a mug of tea in one hand and a bar of Cadburys Rocky Road chocolate in the other.

Sign