Start by marking “Death Perception (Psychic Eye Mystery, #6)” as Want to Read:
Death Perception (Psychic Eye Mystery, #6)

Death Perception (Psychic Eye Mystery #6)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  4,442 Ratings  ·  214 Reviews
Abby Cooper?s betting the house on her inner eye...

It took a while for Abby Cooper's FBI agent boyfriend, Dutch Rivers, to accept her psychic gifts as the real deal. But these days he knows better than to question Abby's visions. So when his favorite cousin Chase is kidnapped in Vegas, they both catch the next flight to Sin City. Abby's inner eye insists that Chase is stil
Mass Market Paperback, 314 pages
Published September 2nd 2008 by NAL (first published August 21st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Death Perception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death Perception

Gail
Nov 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Abby Cooper, psychic eye, is back searching and solving mysteries. This time, she and her FBI boyfriend, Dutch Rivers, go to Las Vegas to rescue his cousin from kidnapping. In the process of investigating, Dutch disappears. A mystery from a previous book returns with a great deal of danger and menace. Abby along with her good friend Candace and her sister roll through Las Vegas, racing against time to find Dutch and unravel a complex mystery.

What might have been a cute gimmick has evolved into
Linda Smatzny
Nov 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This time Dutch's cousin, Chase goes missing so Dutch and Abby go to Las Vegas. Shortly after they arrive Dutch goes missing and Dutch's immediate boss at the FBI shows up and starts investigating Dutch as if he is the bad guy. Abby goes into hiding but has two friends along to help her. The book is a lot darker than others in this series has been. The book was a fast easy read.
Karen McCluskey
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Abby Cooper Psychic Eye Mystery series is a lot of fun. I've been burning through these books at an alarming rate - about one a day - while recovering from a flu. I forget all about the pesky coughing when I'm reading Abby.

While I found the mystery in the first book too predictable, they became much more engaging for me after that. This one is my favourite, possibly due to my predisposition to love all things Las Vegas. There are lots of reviews that discuss plot, so instead I'll touch on st
Marina
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Easy to read, fast paced, interesting, but also bit light-headed. I read Croatian edition.
Traci
Nov 26, 2011 rated it liked it
It took a while for Abby's FBI agent boyfriend, Dutch Rivers, to accept her psychic gifts as the real deal. But these days he knows better than to question Abby's visions. So when his cousin Chase is kidnapped after a bloody shoot-out in a Vegas alleyway, he agrees that her clairvoyant skills could be invaluable, and they both catch the next flight to Sin City. Abby's inner eye insists that Chase is still alive, but nothing else about the case adds up - especially Dutch's reluctance to involve t ...more
Patricia
Dec 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Abby Cooper has a psychic gift that allows her to know certain things about people including whether they are dead or alive. Dutch Rivers is Abby’s FBI agent boyfriend and has become convinced that Abby’s gift is real and no longer questions her visions.

When Dutch learns that his cousin Chase has been kidnapped he immediately leaves for Las Vegas and Abby insists on going along to help. Chase has been working as a bodyguard for Ricardo Delgado and both Delgado and Chase had disappeared. Delgado’
Amanda
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Much better than the previous two in the series.
There's still too much rehashing of plot here though. Why can't authors trust that if a reader is on book six of a series they most likely remember the name of the handy man, her sister, her boyfriend, and what a photograph of a dead person looks like to the psychic. One of the best things about these books is that they are very light, and can be read in a few hours. I woke up way too early this morning but by the time I eventually got up, at 7:30
Elizabeth
Nov 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Abby Cooper feels her life has been most fortunate especially of late. She makes a good living as a psychic who advises clients with what to do about their problems although she censors the darker messages from beyond. She enjoys working with her best friend Candice Fusco on private investigations in which her spirit guides enable her to help her partner. However, it is her love for former FBI Special Agent Dutch Rivers and his belief in her paranormal skills that make her feel euphoric.

When Du
Steph
In Death Perception, Abby and Dutch head to Vegas after learning that his cousin, who is like a brother to him, has been kidnapped. In the process of searching for Chase, Dutch goes missing. Abby's partner, Candice and her sister, Cat join her as she desperately tries to solve these mysteries. Having lived in Vegas, Candice has a contact for everything. With her know how and street smarts and Cat's unlimited funds, these three are unstoppable.

It was great seeing more of Candice and Cat's always
JG
YAY! I am so glad to say our Abby is finally learning....

I was a little hesitant to read this because from my previous reading; Abby and Dutch's relationship usually make me cringe. I found Abby's character on the girlfriend department a little deplorable but the mystery and the thrill is good.

Still their relationship is one hell of a factor in the stories so i want it good.

In book 6, the thrill and the mystery is the same... it's been months since i last read the last installment, or it felt li
  • Devil May Ride (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #2)
  • The Witch's Grave (Ophelia & Abby, #6)
  • A Cast-Off Coven (A Witchcraft Mystery, #2)
  • Where There's a Witch (A Bewitching Mystery, #5)
  • Murder Under a Mystic Moon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #3)
  • Larceny And Lace (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #2)
  • Drop-Dead Blonde
  • The Chick and the Dead (Pepper Martin, #2)
  • Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine, #2)
Victoria Laurie is the New York Times bestselling author of 30 books and counting. Victoria divides her time between her two adult mystery series, (The Psychic Eye Mysteries, and The Ghost Hunter Mysteries), and a Y/A thriller, When (Formerly titled Death Date), to be released in early January of 2015.

As a professional psychic, Victoria's protagonists - psychic Abigail Cooper, and spiritual medium
More about Victoria Laurie...

Psychic Eye Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, #1)
  • Drop-Dead Blonde
  • Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2)
  • A Vision of Murder (Psychic Eye Mystery, #3)
  • Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mystery, #4)
  • Crime Seen (Psychic Eye Mystery, #5)
  • Doom with a View (Psychic Eye Mystery, #7)
  • A Glimpse of Evil (Psychic Eye Mystery, #8)
  • Vision Impossible (Psychic Eye Mystery, #9)
  • Lethal Outlook (Psychic Eye Mystery, #10)