Start by marking “Everything She Ever Wanted (A Different Kind of Love #1)” as Want to Read:
Everything She Ever Wanted (A Different Kind of Love #1)

Everything She Ever Wanted

(A Different Kind of Love #1)

I was never into fairy tales.

But discovering a real live princess in my house reminds me of the story of the three bears and some chick who breaks into their pad, eats all their food, and sleeps in their beds.

Just like the one that’s in mine right now.

Published October 6th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

NMmomof4
2 Stars

Overall Opinion: Hmmm...this is a tough one. I slept on it so I can think about how I should rate it, and I'm still not sure. I think, overall, I was disappointed. There were just too many things that bothered me!

Here are some BIG SPOILERS to break down my issues, so please click at your own risk ;)

(view spoiler)
KelticKat
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This came with heaps of drama! Shamelessly, I loved it! (gotta love it when a book makes you both laugh and cry within the same page.)

Dr Harlow James is a successful pediatric transplant surgeon - but her personal life hit the skids 6 months ago. She did the only thing she thought she could she ran, well drove, far away from New York. Approaching 40 - in the midst of a messy divorce, dealing with the traumatic still birth of son, and the pending termination of her employment - she takes off
ItaPixie
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

I've really enjoyed this nice,hot and touching book.

Liz Durano delivered a good story but at times it was too fast and it seems to me that something was missing.I'm so glad that the author is working on an Epilogue,I can't wait to read more about these characters.

I really appreciated that Harlow and Dax perfectly show the strengths and weaknesses of their different age,but they feel safe and truly respected in each other company.

"But I know now that I don't have to fit in anywhere to feel who

Lindsay
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
Uhhhh. I have so many feelings about this I don't know where to begin. Lets just say, I had issues.
 B.E.Love
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars
Alexia
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read an early version of Liz Durano's Everything She Ever Wanted on Wattpad and later volunteered to be a beta reader for the updated version. Durano's novel takes the reader on a journey to Taos, New Mexico and later, to New York, as it follows the adventures of its main character, Harlow James.

Harlow is a highly skilled and successful pediatric transplant surgeon living in New York who is in the midst of a shattering divorce from her equally successful surgeon husband, Jeff. Jeff has not on
Samantha K
3 1/2 stars -

First of all this story isn't for everyone. The h is 13 years older than the H. She's 40, he's 27. Second, the h (view spoiler)
Ana Simons
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The inability to become a mother, the awareness you’ve been lied to and cheated, an imminent messy divorce and the pressure of being a brilliant professional in a world dominated by men are definitely too much to bear. Harlow, a successful surgeon fast nearing her forties, is hurt and lost. Drowning in grief, she decides to get off the grid for a while, to collect the broken pieces of her life.

It will be in the middle of the desert in Taos, she will meet Dax, the owner of the Pearl, the property
Emmie
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
It was the first time that I read a romance with an older woman, younger man. It was quite interesting and I lived the book with them. I was never so glad for happy ever after before :-)

Way to go Liz Durano, I'm a fan after this book. Loved every minute, though I have to say, some of the scenes were very emotional.
April Wilson
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was very fresh and original, and I loved the southwest/Taos local color. I really felt like I was there in the desert with them. What a great story, well written, with a lot of character and emotional depth. Very impressed!
Kevina
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*received an arc in exchange for an honest review*

romantic, sexy, emotional so many words I can use to describe the story! Harlow and Dax finding each other is great timing, its so sweet and hot all in one five stars!
Coco.V
Dec 26, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/26/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
I was never into fairy tales.

Just like the one that’s in mine right now.

At first, I thought she was dead, but the rise and fall of her chest told me that she was just passed out, probably from the half-empty bottle of Bordeaux I’d been saving for a special occasion. Two grand
Writerlibrarian
Well... so far... this book... Blehhh.. that about how I feel about it. I'm at 20%... I'm gonna give it until 30%... how long do you read when the story is okay but not really awesome? #toDNFornotDNF

Well... it became a no brainer when the main character who is a transplant surgeon and smart woman said to herself “Am I so desperate to have sex with the first man to cross my line of vision that I'm already acting like a whore?” DNF 👎🏻
Yvonne
Ok romance with an older female lead where much is made of the age difference. Chapters are alternating points of view between the two main characters which is a device I rather enjoy.
reneeNaDaBomb
Dr. Harlow James is on a get-away in Taos, New Mexico. She has met the much younger Dax Drexel, a handcrafted furniture designer who owned his own award winning business. Drama, drama and more drama with these characters. I like. Four **** rating.
Margarida
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the read! I was always eager to get back to the book to see how things would turn out. Loved it and recommend it 😁
Vivi Chatzikiriakou
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing

"I was provided with a free copy of this book by Liz Durano so I could give an honest review."

What a captivating, fast page turning, love story was that!!! Why, Liz Durano you earned a spot in my most favorite authors category, with only reading one of your books. Sure, I'm not a bookwarm like some other girls, who earned that title fair enough, but when I read a really good book, I'm all over the author's talent to not make the reader's attention be else where.

"Everything she ever wanted" is
Clayre Tower
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dreamy Dax

I love the instant love they had. This book had been popping up in !y recommendations for a while and I'm glad I finally bought and read it. I loved Harlow and Dax's story and would love to see even more of them in the future.
Fatmata Sankoh
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good read. Loved it. Glad the story was very realistic and well written. A book I'll recommend.
Alison
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like this one but didn't love it, towards the end I felt like it dragged on a little bit towards the end.

This one starts off a bit different
Nikki
Lovely older doctor younger guy drama/romance. Knocked off a star for the lying about the pill!!! How old is she !!? Sooo juvenile
Beth Carpenter
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
A successful career and good looks don't guarantee happiness. When transplant surgeon Harlow loses an unborn child, and then her husband, which leads to losing her place in a hospital, she runs away, eventually ending up in a self-sustaining home she's renting in New Mexico. Only it turns out that's Dax's home, and he drops in early, not realizing it's been rented, and stumbles into Harlow at her darkest hour. They have little in common on the surface, and yet somehow they fill the empty spaces ...more
Mei
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily received an ARC of this book.

I honestly fell in love with this book. What is there not to like about this AMAZING book. I absolutely fell in love with the characters - Dax and Harlow. I have to admit they were flawed and imperfect, but they were still so lovable. The plot was amazing. I feel like it such an original plot. There are not much stories like this. I don't want to give away too much because EVERYONE MUST READ THIS AWESOME BOOK. All I have to say was I was HOOKED and I co
Carol-Ann
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I saw this book I wanted to read it beautifully written and a great story to be told older woman young lover thought you go girl ! I loved the character's of DR Harlow James transplant surgeon who had been on a rollercoaster of a ride. Full of emotions and your heart could break for her once you read the book you will know what I mean! Then there is Dax Drexel is a very successful artist of woodwork sparks definitely fly between these two character's great chemistry and a love story that de ...more
Evelyn
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily received an ARC of this book and ever grateful to be given the chance to read the story again.

Drama packed with fairy tale (3 bears will never be the same again), romance, adventure, travel, medic, carpentry, divorce battle etc. This is the book that kept me reading into the night, and guessing what will Dax/Harlow do next. The way Liz wrote their story brought me closer to the characters and at times I really felt them. I had laughed, cried and gone depressed with them.

I highly re
Ellen Anderson
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read, bought
Surprisingly not your typical romance exactly. We don't get where both the hero and heroine are both employed with plenty of money each, and especially thefact that she is in her forties while he is only twenty-seven. Nice to read about a cougar for a change. Actually, the storyline around it was pretty good too, just seemed to drag on a bit long for me. Also, wish there had been a little more closure. Considering the divorce and her job were such a big part of the storyline, it would have been ...more
Janet Sevonukun
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm not really good with writing reviews, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It does seem to move slow at first but then it's so captivating that you can't wait to find out what happens next. It takes you on a journey of emotions, serious then light-hearted, serious etc I also love how Harlow - lead character- matures throughout the book it's really lovely to see. Yet again Liz Durano doesn't disappoint and I can say this is definitely a book worth reading. For me, I would recommend.
SOMDReigel
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
The well-developed characters are realistic and with flaws. As I read I became more captivated and eager to see what would happen next. There are various emotions throughout the book. I really liked that the main female character had growth. She pretty much lost everything then found Everything She Ever Wanted in the arms of a younger man. I also liked the concept of living off the grid.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reading copy.
Karen
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one book that involved all of your
motions from laughter to nearly crying
and this can all be on the same page.
Liz is an author who knows how to grab
Your attention right from the start of a book
to the very last page.
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book
Really enjoyable read.
Melissa
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for older women falling for younger men stories bc in reality they are frowned upon and the feminist in me hates the double standard. This story delivers one that is pretty light on the angst and had a fair amount of steam. The focus is more on the emotional journey of Harlow and her coming into her own after the failure of her marriage. Overall I enjoyed it. 4 solid stars!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Worthy, Part 2 (Worthy, #2)
  • Cinq A Sept
  • Unforgettable (The New American Royals #4)
  • Slow Ride (Riding With Honor, #2)
  • Drastic Measures (Doctor 911, #1)
  • Fearless (McKenzie Ridge, #4)
  • Flirting with Forever (Island Bliss, #1)
  • Mine Under the Mistletoe
  • Call Me Wild (Wild Thing #2)
  • A Case of You
  • Clean Lines (Cedar Tree #4)
  • The Sweetwater Trail
  • Never Again
  • The Countess Takes a Lover
  • Mistress for a Month
  • Taking Cover (Wingmen Warriors, #2)
  • Private Politics (The Easy Part, #2)
  • Mr. Hotshot CEO (Kwan Sisters, #2)
Liz wrote her first story in eighth grade, a serial drama that was sneakily distributed throughout her homeroom classroom until the teacher got hold of it and she almost got suspended (turns out it was NSFW taboo). As a result, the principal transferred her to the Poetry Club so she could work all the angst out of her system.

Fast forward 2014 and Liz published her first book, Finding Sam, which w

A Different Kind of Love (3 books)
  • Falling for Jordan (A Different Kind of Love, #2)
  • Breaking the Rules (A Different Kind of Love, #3)