Start by marking “Speculative Story Bites” as Want to Read:
Speculative Story Bites

Speculative Story Bites

Fifteen bite-sized stories, offering a sampler platter of fantasy, science fiction, and paranormal horror. Within these pages, you’ll find flower fairies, alien brothels, were-bears, and sentient houses. Step inside a museum where all the displays are haunted, follow a siren into the underworld as she searches for Persephone, and discover the doors that lie, literally, beh ...more
Published August 9th 2016 by World Weaver Press

To ask other readers questions about Speculative Story Bites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Speculative Story Bites

Ronald Keeler
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This book is a Library Thing Early Reviewer program edition I received in return for a review. It is a collection of short stories. What follows is my impression of each of the stories. The title for the collection is apt. The collection offers readers a chance to speculate. Many readers, many different interpretations. There is an interesting short biography at the end of each story that offers the reader more writings by their favorite authors.

The Business of Thorns by Shannon Phillips Imagine
Cheryl Montgomery-Nolan
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I loved this book of 15 short stories! They were diverse and included flower faeries, werebears, cats, butterflies, haunted objects, taxidermy and re-animation.
Carla Girtman
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it
World Weaver Press gave me a wonderful opportunity (free in exchange for an honest review) to review a delightful book entitled Speculative Story Bites, an anthology of fifteen short stories. These stories had every type of character the speculative fan could want: magic, fairies, vengeful trees, androids, and talking cats. While vulgar language in some of the stories was a bit overdone for my taste, it did fit in with the character’s vocabulary and temperament.

One of my favorite stories was “A
Sarah Jackson
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Three and a half stars
A mix of short stories of varying lengths focusing on Horror and Sci-Fi with a little YA for good measure.. Like most collections of short stories, this compendium is a bit of a mixed bag. Some are really well written and captivating, and others are so-so. I particularly liked "The Museum of Haunted Objects" by Megan Neumann. Overall the collections offers a set of easy-to-read short stories.
Jeff Siperly
Jul 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I didn't get: "This Old House" "The Legacy of the Butterfly King" "John Knocking" "A Persistence of Ghosts" "Granny Grizz"

I just didn't like it, wasn't what I usually read: "The Business of Thorns" "Three Grams" "The Museum of Haunted Objects"

Really, really liked: "The Gift of Death" "All the Pieces of my Heart"

My favorite of all the stories: "Ligeia" but then again I'm big fan of mythology

It was okay, interesting at least: "Hummer" "The Wild Corner" "First Cat" "Bittersweet"
Pam
Nov 24, 2016 marked it as to-read
I received this book free from the Imaginarium convention in Louisville, Kentucky.
Nathalie
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
I couldn't read it all cuz it kinda turn me off with some swearing words
Susan Sullivan
Oct 05, 2018
World Weaver Press
Dec 02, 2016
Sarena Ulibarri
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jeffrey Hatcher
rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2016
Meg Pontecorvo
Jul 06, 2016
Sandi Leibowitz
Jul 06, 2016
Kristina Wojtaszek
Jul 11, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Lissa Sloan
Jul 26, 2016
Madeline Dyer
Jul 27, 2016
Rebecca
Aug 05, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
M.T. Reiten
Aug 05, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Kaela Rivera
Gazmend Kryeziu
Nov 22, 2018
Joy
Dec 01, 2018
Sarena Ulibarri attended the Clarion Workshop in 2014 and earned an MFA from the University of Colorado at Boulder. She's Editor-in-Chief of World Weaver Press.