Start by marking “The Secrets of the Starbucks Lovers (Taylor Swift: Girl Detective #1)” as Want to Read:
The Secrets of the Starbucks Lovers (Taylor Swift: Girl Detective #1)

The Secrets of the Starbucks Lovers (Taylor Swift: Girl Detective #1)

The world’s most popular pop star moonlights as a Girl Detective in THE SECRETS OF THE STARBUCKS LOVERS—a thrilling and illustrated tale that depicts the hilarious (and high fashion) hijinks that ensue when Taylor Swift: Girl Detective takes on the case of a struggling actress receiving threatening messages on her skinny mochas.

Set against the glamorous backdrop of New Yor
Published 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets of the Starbucks Lovers, please sign up.
Charlotte Yes indeed it is
Because it hasn’t got much violence in it only a little…more
Yes indeed it is
Because it hasn’t got much violence in it only a little(less)

Start your review of The Secrets of the Starbucks Lovers (Taylor Swift: Girl Detective #1)
David Dinaburg
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That I know the title is an in-joke borne from oft-misheard “Blank Space” lyrics; that the cat—the first of many, many tiny SVU nods—is named Detective Olivia Benson; that Taylor Swift’s rough-and-tumble partner is Lorde:
Lorde rolled her eyes, but unrolled them almost instantly at the sight of Taylor’s expertly arched eyebrow.
That I laughed out loud at least eight times in seventy pages, particularly at the back-page order form for the forty nonexistent other books in the series. And the siste
Cori
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
What intrigued me: This was on the Local Artists shelf at Chicago Comics and I couldn't help myself.

What I liked: It was so very funny! I laughed out loud multiple times.

What I didn't like: N/A

Favorite quote:"'Someone wants me off the case more than I never ever want to get back together,' Taylor said."
Laura Bang
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fandom, fiction, humor, mystery
A hilarious parody of Nancy Drew with lots of puns based on Swift’s lyrics, but also feminist fun with Taylor and Lorde sleuthing their way across the Starbuckses of New York. So delightful!
—-
Taylor took a deep breath and collected herself. “Allen, you know I am an international music legend and style icon. What you may not know is that I am also a detective.”
Allen Lagh-Jeaky’s aristocratically blue eyes widened. “A Girl Detective?”
Taylor disguised a slightly disappointed sigh. “For lack of a ca
Megan
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These ladies can do no wrong. This book was so funny! I wanted to read this because I enjoyed My Lady’s Choosing so much, and it did not disappoint. I had several laugh out loud moments, and I couldn’t believe I found myself wanting to listen to more Taylor Swift songs just so I could fully appreciate every little joke. I love Lorde and her rolling and unrolling eyes, Taylor’s acrobatic eyebrows, and the Lumbarista. I felt like it showed a lot of love to Nancy Drew, Taylor Swift, Starbucks etc d ...more
Michelle
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Giggle inspiring, replete with puns and pop-culture references. I heartily recommend this dandelion romp.
Alex Zagorac
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
"The name's Tiny Joe Guttersmith. Wee Daddy Joe, if you're nasty."

Larissa
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Unbiased, glowing review!
Molly
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This made me so incredibly happy. Great pictures, cheeky one-liners, and two of my favorite things combined, Taylor Swift and Nancy Drew mysteries!
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect.
(old.enough.for.fairytales)
Okay this sounds absolutely hilarious.
James
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Taylor Swift by way of Veronica Mars. A nice light read for fans!
Kelly
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was SUCH a cute and fun book. If you’re a Taylor Swift fan, you have to read it. I was lucky enough to find it at this local shop in Chicago in paperback (but I think it’s available as an ebook?)
Mainly giving this a 5/5 because I adored the references and writing throughout, they mentioned some TSwift things, that I didn’t even think about. It’s ridiculous in the best way possible.
Also a very quick read!
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved reading this novella as a fan of Nancy Drew and of Taylor Swift. It made me laugh several times. I especially loved the drawings. I hope the author and illustrator produce more books in this series.
Cassandra
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was everything I needed it to be. Quirky and cheesy and Taylor Swift. The illustrations were amazing!
Brian
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nice parody that captures the spirit of classic Nancy Drew books. Love the humor & illustrations! ...more
Andrew Shaffer
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh. Em. Gee.
Kayla Madden
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious!! I loved the puns and sass and references. it was all too much and not enough and now I have to read all of them. Very amazing illustrations.
Alessandra Dreyer
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely, frothy piece of work!
Nathan Bartos
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Honestly, it's just so clever and funny and cute. It's great for any Taylor Swift fan and such a great tribute to classic detective novels. I loved it.
Sara
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Where are we going?” asked Lorde.
“To Starbucks.” Taylor put on her trademark really cool sunglasses.
“Which one?” Lorde did the same.
Taylor applied a fresh coat of her signature red lip, and smiled.
“All of them.”

I… don’t even know how I found this and I can’t believe I just read it and I really can’t believe I paid $7.50 for it, but it. was. hilarious. It’s packed full of references to Taylor Swift’s songs, Detective Olivia Benson (the feline) plays a minor role, and I don’t know if I’ve ever la
Alex
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Cute book for the Taylor fan in your life.
Melanie Page
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun satire of music star Taylor Swift that plays with cliche. The mystery could have been a little more local, as jumping to international jewel smuggling ring was a bit big for such a short book.
Liz
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun take-off on Nancy Drew mysteries.
Brandi
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
It’s not great literature, but it was a fun read and has some clever parts. It was well done but there were a few parts that fell a little flat.
Jamie Bradway
Stuart
Oct 20, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• My Lady's Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel
  • The Lamb Will Slaughter the Lion (Danielle Cain, #1)
  • Action Park: Fast Times, Wild Rides, and the Untold Story of America's Most Dangerous Amusement Park
  • The Colour Out of Space and others
  • Why We Can't Sleep: Women's New Midlife Crisis
  • The Deep
  • The Poison Garden
  • Upright Women Wanted
  • In the Dream House: A Memoir
  • Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • Reputation
  • All This Could Be Yours
  • I Am Not Your Baby Mother
  • The Private Life of Mrs. Sharma
  • Motherless Brooklyn
  • Youth to Power: Your Voice and How to Use It
  • The Near Witch (The Near Witch, #1)
  • Moon of the Crusted Snow