Start by marking “Distrust (Smirnov Bratva, #1)” as Want to Read:
Distrust  (Smirnov Bratva, #1)

Distrust (Smirnov Bratva #1)

She was a ghost, in heels.

She was there, then she wasn’t.

She would play with my emotions like a well-played guitar.

Then she would disappear. Making me want to strangle her.

Maybe she wasn’t a ghost, maybe she was the giver of sin. Because we sinned every time we touched, every time she was near.

Her lips were shaped like a heart, deceiving you at every word.

Her body was
Published September 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Distrust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Distrust

Olga therebelreader
4.5~5 stars

What an amazing book! It had so many of the elements that I look for in a book: drama, great dialogue, easy storyline, more drama, secrets, crazy drama, and STEAM! Kazier and Elina’s story is beautiful. It’s full of heartache, secrets, misunderstandings, steam, love and hate.

Kazier is the up and coming Russian mob boss. He’s cold. He’s ruthless. He’s terrifying. He’s just all alpha man who knows how to please a lady. He knew he wanted Elina and only Elina from the moment he first saw
Natalie The Biblioholic
3.5 "These characters are nuts" stars!!

You already know that I am a cover ho. Do you see that guy??? Hello???

So... I think it was another case of it being just me. I think I built this book up way too much in my head. With all of the social media hype that I saw for this book (and participated in), when I got the ARC I was sure that the book would be phenomenal. Especially because reviews had already been posted. So I went in with some pretty high expectations. And then...

It pulled nothing f
Lisa Morgan
Dec 08, 2016 Lisa Morgan rated it really liked it
Distrust

Book Description

She was a ghost, in heels.

She was there, then she wasn’t.

She would play with my emotions like a well-played guitar.

Then she would disappear. Making me want to strangle her.

Her lips were shaped like a heart, deceiving you at every word.

Her body was created straight from my fantasies, one I craved to bend to my will.

Her heart, well, who the hell k
Rachel
Jul 14, 2017 Rachel rated it liked it
It wasn't a bad read but I didn't like the heroine. At all. I wanted Freya to be the heroine but when I think about it, I'm glad she's not because there's no way Kazier is good enough for her. I want to read her story now :)
Aliana Milano
Sep 24, 2016 Aliana Milano rated it it was amazing
I'd just like to put the fact that I'm a mafia whore out there. Just saying.

So when I got an ARC of Distrust I about peed in excitement because this author has a reputation of writing amazeball stories.

And she did NOT disappoint. It was refreshing to read a mafia book that was in depth and in which you could tell that research was done and time was taken to write the pages. I would most definitely recommend it to fans of Ashleigh Zavarellis' mafia series - I've read her book Ghost and it was inc
elizarey
Sep 17, 2016 elizarey rated it liked it
Shelves: mafia, arc-_netgalley
3.5 stars!!

photo 1C244DC5-0555-4413-9322-B9F46B3AB0A1_zpsxksb62u1.jpeg

What first pulled me into this book was the cover. I mean come on have you seen this guy??? He is so fine. He grabbed my attention so easily.

photo F87808FD-E3C9-4007-89A2-D56B39C52041_zpsbnsfp2bb.jpeg

This is the first book that I have read by this author and it was pretty interesting. The blurb doesn't give you much to work with so I was pretty much going in blind.

Kazier is the head of the Smirnov Bratva. Dangerous and crazy is what this guy is but I loved it and I thought it was extremely sexy. Kazier is obsessed with Elina. This mysteri
Mojo_Mama
3 Romeo and Juliet stars

It seems everyone is recycling the greats recently. Though Jane Austen seems to rule supreme, it was nice to see a Shakespeare reboot.

The only reason this wasn't a 4 star read for me was the lack of h's POV. We don't get hers until after the 50% mark. They have almost no "present time" on page interaction until after 70%. There's just not enough page time with the h to decide how I feel about her as a character. The OW fiancé has about the same amount of on page with the
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
Actual rating 4.5 stars

***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

You know those authors who when you pick up one of their books to read you just know that you are going to be in for a suspense filled, white knuckles, stomach knotting ride? Well for me T.L. Smith is an author whose books do this to me every single time, and Distrust did exactly that. I couldn’t breathe at times because I wasn’t sure if I could handle what would happen next. The angst, the
Jan
Another brilliant read from TL Smith

T.L Smith has once again delivered an on the edge,gripping and riveting read in Distrust, with fascinating, intriguing and interesting characters and a plot that had me captivated to the end I was left hungry for more and can't wait for the next book in this series.

Never a dull page, action packed, hot with angst, danger, drama, just brilliant.

Kaiser, Alpha with an A, hot, demanding powerful, feared, a mafia boss he's a man on a mission, a man with an obses
Nic *The Wandering Bookaholic* Spears
*ARC provided in exchange of an honest review*

You know I always get excited when TL announces she's writing a new book as I know she is going to deliver one hell of a bloody good one. And 'Distrust'....fuck is it good.

Cold and ruthless. He wouldn't bat an eyelid when asked to kill...except when it comes to her.....

"In a world full of color there needs to be dark because Darkness is the best place to be."

Secretive and elusive. She comes when least expected and is gone by morning. A ghost...and h
Becca
Sep 15, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing
description

Stop for a minute! This book was crazy good! I was shocked in the jaw-dropping kind.
T.L. Smith, you talented vixen! What have you done here?!
I was ducking my head because this story was like a good tennis match: once, the ball was on this side, and the other moment, it was on the other side. I still can't wrap my mind around it.

description

Shame on me, but it was my first novel from the author, although I have all of her books on my e-reader. These mafia knots always attract me, and I was really happy I re
Kristy & Kayla - My Person's Books
Aug 26, 2016 Kristy & Kayla - My Person's Books rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
Every time we see TL Smith with a new release coming we get giddy. Her covers are to die for and her synopsis' are always intriguing and leave us wanting more. Distrust is the first book in the Smirnov Bratva series and we cannot wait for more!

We love the way TL starts her books her prologues always reel us in. The suspense, angst, chemistry, raw and grittiness is intoxicating! The buildup of suspense makes our heart race leaving us on edge with Kristy dying for a spoiler, we are left frozen in
J. C.  Red
Oct 28, 2016 J. C. Red rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-safe
The first time I tried something from this author I DNF'd almost immediately, but I'm so glad I gave this a chance, I think her writing has evolved a lot since Krinos.
What I loved about Distrust is that it stayed true to the characters, but most of all, that I could finally read a trope I've been waiting on for years (and only found in one other book): where the heroine is the mistery and the hero is the doormat (only when it comes to her, though) who can never say no to her. It was incredibly
Natalie
Sep 15, 2016 Natalie rated it it was amazing
I dont now why it is that I EVER underestimate this lady. She puts a form of art out that not many people can accomplish. She is rough, dirty and so effin sexy. (her writing that is) She stops my heart at times and speeds it right back up. I can not believe the feelings that her books invoke. Amazing...

Ok so pretty much you have Kazier and he is a mob boss's son that will then become the boss if everything pans out. He is rough around the edges and only soft heart ONLY for one woman but rough i
Brenda Travers
Sep 28, 2016 Brenda Travers rated it it was amazing
Holy Hell TL Smith you are a total Bad Arse...

Distrust is the story of a very Dark Russian Mafia Family, Smirnov Bratva to be exact. And let's just say there is a War between this family and one other that will take no prisoners!!

Now Kazier who is the unofficial head of this Mafia Clan (although his Father believes he still decides the rules) is a very very dark man with a thirst for just one woman Elina, the woman that evades him whenever she feels the need, what is her secret, why is she playi
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 24, 2016 Nerdy Dirty & Flirty rated it it was amazing
~JENNY~
WOW! What did I just read?

FAN-FRAKING-TASTIC!

This beautifully twisted and consuming masterpiece will chew you up and spit you out. The plot had so many puzzle pieces that kept me on edge. I devoured this book in one sitting. I could not put it down. Nothing about this story was predictable. TL Smith is an author who can seriously write and this 5 STAR masterpiece proves she a pure genius. Distrust had the perfect balance between romance, drama, and suspense.

Kazier is a Russian Mafia bos
Amanda
Sep 11, 2016 Amanda rated it it was amazing
THIS INCREDIBLE BOOK completely stole my heart and had me on the edge of my seat from the beginning to VERY end. This isn't your average Mafia book... it's more... it's pure sin!!!!

I found myself absolutely captivated by the storyline and the character's! (I call dibs on Kazier Smirnov) Not only does T.L. Smith deliver a truly gut-wrenching, heart-pounding, give-me-more read she brings the reader into this world that she has so beautifully created.

I highly recommend this book to everyone who i
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Sep 26, 2016 Diz Reads 4TLOReading rated it it was ok
Unfortunately for me it took a lot to give this book a 2, I agonised over this decision as I love TL smith, but honesty is the best policy.

I couldn't connect with the characters, I found nothing I could emotionally connect with, and to be truthful there was a great basis for a great story but it fell a little flat and rushed for me.

It needed more time and depth spent on it. There was so much it could have been, but it left me feeling a little empty.
Simona Misevska
My only complaint about Distrust is the end. I don't like HFN it's like unfinished story for me (author says the couple will reapers in the next book but for me is not the same). The writing is strange, raw,but in the same time you will not stop reading until last page.
Valerie Z
Oct 28, 2016 Valerie Z rated it it was ok
2.5 STARS

I have a massive love and hate relationship with this book.
description

PS, I freaking hate Freya.
PPS, don't worry, Freya is not the heroine in this book.
Sarah Armstrong
Oct 22, 2016 Sarah Armstrong rated it really liked it
4 bratva stars

Wow, they ending was crazy.
This book was filled with so many turns, it was crazy. I loved it. Incredible writing. Off to book 2
Courtney Brown
Mar 22, 2017 Courtney Brown rated it really liked it
3.8 Stars So I have come to love TL Smith in a very short time .. and this really intense read was not a disappointment it was so different from anything I have read before a lot of mafia and killing and family rivalries and pure freaking madness.. so why 3.8 Stars is because I felt like it was a little disjointed and while I was sucked into this world it didn't hold me like her other books have me maybe possibly if it was by somebody else I wouldn't have been looking for that little bit more ho ...more
Kelly
Mar 06, 2017 Kelly rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars

Distrust is the first book I've read by this author, and I did enjoy the read. I found it a little slow to start with, but it soon picked up pace. I actually found the secondary characters of Anton, Victor, Death and Pollie more interesting than the main 2 characters of Kazier and Elina. I'm really looking forward to reading the next book in the series about Death and Pollie, they were fascinating together in this book.
Janee
Mar 11, 2017 Janee rated it really liked it
Crazy

The only thing I can think of this story is crazy! At first I didn't know what I was reading. I didn't want Kazeir and Elina to get together. Since the first part of this book is though his point of view. You get more of a sense of them when Elina comes in.
Amy
Sep 22, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
Distrust
TL Smith
4 stars

Well Elina and Kazier what do we have here? Holy explosion heard around the world. And then boom .. she disappears driving the man insane .. you GO GIRL! Secrets are better left secrets if they destroy.

Kazier is a Russian Mob Boss – heck yeah! Ruthless his heart is stone and the man is somewhat terrifying I must say. The alpha goes way past the alp … hes the whole word. Elina is a vision and the only person who makes him feel exposed. The mystery that surrounds her is so
Bella'
Jun 03, 2017 Bella' rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Solo diré que ese movimiento al final no me lo esperaba!
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
"In a world full of colour there needs to be dark because darkness is the best place to be."

For two long years Kazier has been playing a game of cat and mouse with a woman known only as Elina. Dancing alone seductively she has her own Siren's song and from the first moment he was hooked on her, his drug of choice. He is the Russian Mob Boss and it's time to marry a Princess but unfortunately his heart already belongs to another. Who is that girl?

Cue the will they won't they plot line and the dou
BFDU
Sep 11, 2016 BFDU rated it it was amazing
** Review written by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

Two families at war.
Sworn enemies.
Blood will be shed.
The war has only just begun.
One family will ultimately be on top.
One man will be ruler of his empire and his men.
But at what cost?
Whos lives will be lost?
Whos heart will be broken?
Who will fall in love?
Who will make sure they get the golden prize?
Who will fall, and who will rise above it all?

These families, forever enemies, but forever entwined.

But why?

Again TL Smith has given us perfe
~lil maso~
Sep 18, 2016 ~lil maso~ rated it really liked it
I like the mind fuck in this story, you don't know if you're coming or going and you're not quite sure what you have read.

TL Smith writes the best female character, they are certainly never whiny, weak or pathetic, quite the opposite in fact.

I have more question than answers after this book that will hopefully be answered in the next book

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*

Phyl Evie

For more reviews, news and giveaways, check out Saucy Reviews on Kinky Korner at;
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | P
USA Today Best Selling Author T.L Smith can be found in almost any chocolate store, eating all the chocolate. She lives in Brisbane, Australia with her two kids and husband. Her favourite things to do is dancing, writing, reading and travelling the world. A lover for twisted words and things that make your heart pump you can find her on the following pages.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/auth
More about T.L. Smith...

Smirnov Bratva (3 books)
  • Disbelief  (Smirnov Bratva, #2)
  • Defiance (Smirnov Bratva, #3)