Start by marking “We, The Wildflowers” as Want to Read:
We, The Wildflowers

We, The Wildflowers

“Their strength and ferocity stem from below the surface where their roots are forever tangled, interwoven in such a way that for the remainder of time they bloom together …”

Genesis
Adam
Chloe
Lukas

No one loves them, no one cares about them, no one even sees them until they end up in Mary Rodriguez’s home, an outpost for Sacred Heart’s troubled youth program. It is within the
Published February 11th 2020 by Spencer Hill Press (first published 2020)

To ask other readers questions about We, The Wildflowers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We, The Wildflowers

Start your review of We, The Wildflowers
Nilufer Ozmekik
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
This is so sad! This story broke my heart! This is heartbreaking!
This is suffering from sharp knife stab wounds, sudden impact of pouring ice bucket down your head, several punches on the face! Four wildflowers: Genesis, Chloe, Adam, Lukas. It is impossible not to feel for them, ache for them, resonate with them, cry for them and of course love them.

Four broken souls came together to form a group, becoming their each other’s confidante, best friends and of course family, sharing their secrets, h
Betül
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**
description

"We're been bonded by pain, but together, we're rooted in resilience. We are four. We are the Wildflowers."

L.B. Simmons is one of the few authors of which I have read every book they released. I was introduced to her almost seven years ago, and I have been in love with her storytelling abilities and writing style ever since. It has been almost four years since she released a new book, so I was really excited when I got my hands on We,
Talon
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I finished We, The Wildflowers I had goosebumps on my entire body. Because THIS is the story that needs to be told. The one that needs to be read and needs to be absorbed by others. The meaningfulness, the ever changing seasons, the growth, the metaphors, and the hurt. This is what this world needs more of. This book right here.

I have only ever felt, read, and experienced the angst of a type of love between two people, a man and a woman. Wanting them to be together and experiencing their he
Abby O’Shea
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 6-stars
****** 6 STARS ******

DISCLAIMER: I’m going to start out by telling you that I will not be able to properly express my feelings about this book with words. I’m not talented or eloquent enough to write a review worthy of this story.

I’ve never read a story that has touched me so deeply. I’ve never “met” characters that I’ve connected with so intensely. I’ve never read a book that MATTERED more.

I’ve felt that way about L.B.’s books before. She’s so incredibly and uniquely talented, and every book
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
Holy. Hannah.

This. book.

I almost didn't request an ARC of this book. I have read only one other book by L.B. Simmons and I really enjoyed it, so I was definitely interested in picking up another one. But YA can be hit-or-miss for me and I wasn't sure I wanted to take a chance on a YA book that wasn't - technically - a romance.

I am so glad I took the chance.

We, the Wildflowers is deeply, sometimes darkly, emotional. If you are sensitive to triggers, approach with caution. I do not consider m
Vicki Willis
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was sad and depressing, but also joyful and uplifting. I enjoyed getting to know the characters and liked the interactions between them. I was holding my breath while reading this book waiting for the next bad thing to happen. There was lots of hopeful moments and good quotes in this book. Unfortunately, I don't think things usually turn out like this. A must read for people who like teen angst.
Luna Sol
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author never ceases to amaze me. I have always identified with the essence of her characters and this is no exception. On the contrary, it multiplied. This book is about LOVE, real love, the love that matters and yet it's so hard to find. The love of belonging. So many feelings and emotions, you just don't read this book, you feel it through your veins all the way to your soul. You just can't help but to feel every single thing these characters go through, you become attached and absorbed. ...more
Wendy LeGrand
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
If L.B. Simmons set out writing this book with the intention of making the reader feel ALL THE FEELS, well all I can say is: mission accomplished! I knew going in that for me, this would probably be a hard book to read because I am a very emotional reader. I feel everything characters feel, I struggle alongside them, I rejoice with them, I cry with them. And I did all of those things while reading We, The Wildflowers. Add in the fact that these kids are in their teens and navigating the last cou ...more
Joanne Ragona
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an emotional, powerful book. This story takes on heavy subjects but does so with so much grace and poise. The writing is absolutely beautiful, I probably highlighted half the book. A story of friendship among unlikely individuals, this book delves into suicide, addiction, foster homes, sexuality and children who feel lost and unseen.

I was so immersed into this story and these damaged characters. Their journeys were difficult and hard to read at times but the messages throughout the story w
Grace
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it

An emotionally intense story of four teens who come together under tragic circumstances and find the strength to heal one another.

Chloe Campbell
Lukas White
Genesis "Genny" Monroe
Adam McNamara
Each character has been broken down, left unprotected by the people that brought them into this world. However, they find a new home with Sacred Heart under the care of an amazing woman, Mary Rodriquez.

Chloe is the sole narrator of this story, and initially, the story is slow paced as she struggles
* A review copy was provided by the author/publisher via Netgalley *

~ 5 Full Bloom Stars ~

WOW!!!! This book has left me speechless.

Sitting here trying to write this review and I am struggling to do this book justice. I don’t think I can ever express my feelings well enough in this review. Trust me if you read any book this year….This is the book to read!!! Best book of 2020 so far for me.

We, The Wildflowers was such a raw, real and emotional story. The only thing I will tell you about this story
Cézanne Hayden-Dilbert
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it

“There is no judgment within the Wildflowers—there is only acceptance. Come as you are and they will absorb your grief as our own.“

We The Wildflowers was an unexpectedly beautiful story of love, loss, friendship, and resilience. It was a story of depth and importance.

I am not sure what I expected with this novel but I didn’t anticipate crying in the end. This book is a story that I know will stay with me for a long while. The wildflowers, my wildflowers; were an amazing group of teenagers that
Maria
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I feel like this is a book that everyone of all ages needs to read. Growing up is hard. We the Wildflowers hits the whole spectrum of issues teenagers face and it’s tragically beautiful. I’m so glad LB is putting a book out that is necessary in this time.
Sally
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, young-adult
When I finished reading We, The Wildflowers I was in tears. I felt this story in my heart and soul. If you've ever dealt with trauma, felt alone, felt unheard or unloved then this is a story that you must read so you know that you are not alone. The Wildflowers' journey is one that I feel is so important to read and share with everyone.

This story affected me in so many ways because I understood what these characters were going through. I just wish that at the time, I had friends like these beca
Dawn
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an unexpected and heartwarming book that I stumbled across, and I am so glad that I did. I have not felt so many emotions from a book in quite some time, This book made me laugh, cry and go through a spectrum of feelings. Wow, just wow.

This is a heavy book so please prepare yourself for that and triggers for some people. If you can though, read this. The characters will take a place in your heart and not leave. Sacred Heart is a youth program for troubled teens. Genesis, Adam, Chloe and Luc
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
‘We’re been bonded by pain, but together, we’re rooted in resilience. We are four. We are the Wildflowers.’

Chloe, Adam, Genesis and Lukas are housemates at Sacred Heart house. Their guardian of all things is Mary Rodriguez who provides them with a home filled with empathy and unconditional love. They thrive in the stability that Mary provides and become very close friends.

Genesis (Genny) names them the Wildflowers and like their name, over time they begin to open up and blossom in their new
Amie's Book Reviews
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
In WE, THE WILDFLOWERS, readers will meet four teenagers whose lives will intersect and even though no familial blood runs through their veins, they will nevertheless become a type of family.

Tackling issues such as suicide, depression, addiction and abuse, this book is one which young adults should identify with.

Finally, the world is ready to talk frankly and honestly about mental health issues and this book tackles them with unfettered honesty. Even though the story is fiction, the issues that
Tiffany Johnson
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a perfect example of why, at 40 years of age, I still read YA!

L.B. Simmons has given us a heartbreaking yet uplifting read following 4 teens who find comfort in each other and ultimately the voice they want to project to the world after experiencing traumatic events in their young lives. This book personifies hope. It gives me hope that broken people can put their pieces back together and thrive. It makes you realize it's okay to lean on someone to help yourself stand up and learn t
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
One of the most beautiful stories I have ever read! EVER!
It will stay with me for a long long time for sure, as it is impossible to forget these characters.

I don't think this book can be reviewed as any other book.
For as much as I try to find words to state my feelings for this story, I CAN'T!
This is one of those stories YOU NEED to read. Your DAUGHTERS and SONS need to read it. EVERYONE needs to read it! There's such a depth within that needs to be absorbed and not told from someone who read it
Epsita
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A moving and uplifting story of a journey towards self-acceptance and self-love.
Megan
I really enjoyed this! I thought it was so heartbreaking and all the characters were really real to me. I found myself rooting for everyone and wanting everything to work out for them. Highly recommend!

Thanks to Netgalley for an eARC in exchange for an honest review
Marivett
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My first 5 star read of 2020. This book gave me all the feels. Lb did not disappoint. One of the most emotional books I've read in a while. Must. Read.
cupcakes and bookshelves
Mar 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
OMG, I haven't been this excited to read a book from a cover and blurb alone in a long while #EEEEPPPP #CANTWAIT
Rebecca
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As an English teacher, the symbolic nature of titles and their multiple meanings and interpretations are aspects of language that make my nerdy heart so happy to analyze, and while I may read into things a bit too deeply in some situations, it’s clear that L.B. Simmons’ newest release, We, the Wildflowers was created with the qualities of wildflowers and the seasons that change them in mind as Simmons worked to tell Chloe, Lukas, Adam, and Genesis’ story.

While the story is told solely through C
Sunny Shelly Reads
We, The Wildflowers is unlike anything you will ever read again. The tale told about Genesis, Chloe, Adam and Lukas is heartbreaking. It will gut you as these four young, broken souls form a makeshift family of their own in a foster home. I mean, life has been about as rough as it can get for these four teenagers. Yet they somehow, by a support group of their own making, manage to find a sliver 0f light in the darkest of places.

This book is definitely not an easy one to read. For a YA story, it
Chayo
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are stories that are gripping and engrossing and then there are stories that are beyond words. This story is truly one that has left me completely emotionally speechless with the intensity of its essence, it’s meaning.

It is emotionally alluring. I felt deeply for these characters and their experiences, trials and circumstances. I had so many emotions as I read and would stop and contemplate and empathize with each one of the four Wildflowers. I loved them and how they loved each other!

Thi
Chayo
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Thi
Up All Night Book Addict
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, read-2020
My thoughts on this one are all over the place. I knew going in that this one was going to be one that would be heavy on my heart. And I was not wrong. This is a very emotionally charged book. Who better to write it than Simmons? She has a way with weaving her words in such a profound way. Her books will always tug at my heart; at least that is my experience.

My only negative, well not negative-I'm not sure the what the right word would be, is the heavy profoundness that these children possess. L
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
We, The Wildflowers is L.B. Simmons' newest emotional story that's both heartwarming and heart breaking. Chloe, Genesis, Adam and Lukas are now family. After each of them lost their families and childhoods for various reasons, they find themselves bonded by their loss, pain and heartache. But they also found solace in each other. In their friendship. In their new life. Genesis knows who she is. She's overcome so much and survived. Adam was punished for just being himself. Lukas paid the price fo ...more
Johnna Whetstone
Wow, what a haunting, beautiful read, which made me laugh, cry, and much more! It was beautifully written, with amazing characters and flawless character development, the plot was well developed in a manner that had my heart yearning for more and needing a break! Prepare for laughs, but prepare more for the heart breaks that are sure to come while reading this book! So beautifully brutal, true, and important for the YA lovers! I highly, highly recommend!
Will make sure to buzz it up on all the d
« previous 1 3 next »
Young Adult Conte...: #6 We, The Wildflowers by L.B. Simmons 2 7 Mar 02, 2020 07:19PM

• The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Great and Precious Things
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • Where the Truth Lives (Where, #2)
  • Where the Lost Wander
  • Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies, and a Conspiracy to Protect Predators
  • The Giver of Stars
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • Even If It Hurts
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Stone Princess (Tin Gypsy, #3)
  • Miracle Creek
  • I'm Not Your Paper Princess
  • Dear Haiti, Love Alaine
  • Opposite of Always
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Searching for Sylvie Lee
After graduating from Texas A&M University, L.B. Simmons did what any biomedical science major could do. She entered the workforce as a full-time chemist. Years later, never in her wildest dreams would she have imagined herself a USA Today Bestselling contemporary romance author as well.

What began as a memoir for her children, ended up being her first self-published book, Running on Empty. Initia