Start by marking “Buried Ladies [Dark Web, #1]” as Want to Read:
Buried Ladies [Dark Web, #1]

Buried Ladies [Dark Web, #1]

(Dark Web #1)

Some men are just evil. And, when Joan calls 911 to report the murder of her friend, Estella, she starts a manhunt for pure evil, but not in the way she expected.

Published November 25th 2016 by A-SSR Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Buried Ladies [Dark Web, #1], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buried Ladies [Dark Web, #1]

Start your review of Buried Ladies [Dark Web, #1]
Jessica Jesinghaus
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Check out this review, and many more, on my blog https://jessjesinghaus.wordpress.com

Wowza! Where do I start? Buried Ladies has a lot going on. I mean A LOT! A suspected murder vs missing person, a serial killer, drug smuggling, computer hacking, clandestine government operations, and daring (and, need I say, illegal) international rescue attempts. I seriously wondered how the author was going to pull it all off, but to my pleasant surprise it all came together nicely.

In particular, I loved how
Carole P. Roman
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not your everyday crime drama, Buried Ladies is diverse and thrilling, rich and exciting. Estella and Joan are neighbors and best friends. The action starts when Joan calls the police sure that Estella's been murdered by her husband. After all, there is blood on the rug and the body is missing. Joan knows something is wrong, and all the evidence points to her husband Jaime, an IT technician. Is she the victim of domestic crime, a pawn caught in the middle of the Mexican drug war, or has she beco ...more
Billie
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Buried Ladies, tracks a serial killer on both sides of the US-Mexican border. But, he’s not even the most evil man in this novel of murder and the dark web. That title might belong to Arturo Vasquez, who once loved Estella, but now holds her hostage as part of a cartel operation that nearly ends the lives of her husband and Joan when th
Bea
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I initially had some misgivings about Buried Ladies because it took me awhile to get into the story. Actually there are two stories that start out separately and eventually merge together. The author did a great job of pulling the pieces together and at the same time maintained my interest. I enjoyed the writing style, the characters, and the plot development. Even though the stories were linked it wasn’t obvious in the beginning which heightened the curiosity for this reader.

I usually have diff
Catriona
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Nutcracker Ballet, Tex-Mex Style

Buried Ladies takes place along the Texas-Mexico border and deals fictionally with some of the issues that have been in the news lately, such as drug cartels, kidnapping, disappeared young women, and drug abuse. It's basically a police procedural novel with the addition of espionage, cyber security, and hacking elements to the story.

It's no cozy mystery, it's a thriller because there are scenes with adrenaline-pumped action, but there is more substance to it
Linda
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
What would you do if your best friend and neighbor suddenly went missing and you thought her husband killed her? That's what happened to Joan in this story. But little did Joan know that wasn't at all what happened. This story takes you on a ride from suspected homicide, the world of drug dealers/users, life in Mexico versus USA, a serial killer, kidnapping, and so much more. It was a fast pace story with some twists and turns. This story doesn't just focus on one story line but several at the s ...more
Kevin
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook-read
I thought this book was entertaining. It pulled you in pretty quickly because you wanted to find out what was going on in Estelle and Steve's house! Good character development, but not so detailed that it bores you. I probably would have finished it in a week, but personal issues prevented me from reading as much as u normally do. I think there could be a lot of potential for future follow up stories based in the revenge factor of the cartels who have a long reach and even longer memories for re ...more
Bev
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story takes the reader through the many dangerous and evil things and people. Who would have thought a report of a missing person would turn out so many dead bodies, but none of them of Joan's friend Estella? Hang on to your hats and strap in tight. You're in for a wild ride! I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book from Story Origin.
Paula Sindberg
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I got an ARC copy of this book through StoryOrigin and am voluntarily leaving a review. I didn’t know Angela Housman and her writing so I wasn’t quite sure what I was getting into. However, once I started reading, I was glad I did. The story held my attention from the beginning and I really liked the characters. I’ll be looking for more from Angela Hausman.
michelle curtis
May 09, 2019
Jane
Nov 24, 2019
Lynda Stevens
At the beginning, it is not clear that there is a order at all, as a dance teacher Joan calls the police to report the death of her neighbour, Estella. The reaction of the husband Jaime to a little questioning, however, does convince the police that his wife's disappearance may be suspicious. When dead bodies start to turn up at a building site, detective Morades is sure there is a new serial killer on the US/Mexican border.

Actually...it is not that simple. Estelle has been kidnapped rather than
Therese Doucette
Jen Smith
Sep 19, 2019
The Mystery, Crim...: Giveaway for Buried Ladies 3 17 Dec 12, 2016 05:59AM
Beta Reader Group: Completed mystery - 85K 2 15 Oct 12, 2016 05:49AM
Beta Reader Group: Seeking Beta readers for my mystery novel 1 28 Aug 11, 2016 01:47PM

• Sleepless Nights: 168 Thriller, Horror, Suspense, and Mystery Short Stories
  • Bob
  • Girl From The Tree House (Women of Our Time #1)
  • What's My Instrument? (What's My? Book 1)
  • The Moment Between
  • Razorbacks III
  • The Coldwater Haunting
  • The Children of Abydos
  • Shantallow
  • I Could Pee On This: And Other Poems By Cats
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp #18)
  • The Anteater of Death (A Gunn Zoo Mystery, #1)
  • Hiding the Past (The Forensic Genealogist #1)
  • Polar Vortex
  • Sodom and Gomorrah, Texas
  • White Horse (Dark Paradigm Book 1)
  • Slaughter, Idaho
  • Spores

I started writing in middle school - fantasy. People seemed to like it. Over the last few decades, I've written a tremendous amount, but mostly nonfiction. After MANY false starts, I finally finished my first book, Buried Ladies, a few months ago. I'd love to hear what you think about it. Maybe this writing thing will pan out.

My day job, for now, is working as a marketing consultan

Dark Web (3 books)
  • Scars of the Past (Dark Web, #2)
  • Azure's Revenge: Dark Web #3