Start by marking “Stitched Up Heart” as Want to Read:
Stitched Up Heart

Stitched Up Heart (Combat Hearts #1)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  354 Ratings  ·  186 Reviews
As an Air Force medic, Bree Marks saw the worst the War on Terror had to dish out. Now a physical therapist, she uses her experience to help other veterans heal from their physical wounds; while she battles her own emotional damage.

Blaming himself for his best friend’s suicide, former Army Ranger Jase Larken, retreated from life. To honor his best friend’s memory and assu
Published September 18th 2016 (first published August 8th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Stitched Up Heart, please sign up.

Tarina Deaton Hi Kathy, the original link was for the pre-order. It may have updated when it went live.

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Captain Caveman Stars

photo 8887956_zpsqfdqquao.gif

"Oh my god. I just creamed my panties." Bree nudged Denise and tilted her head in the direction she was looking. "Sweet, merciful Jesus, that man is a walking orgasm. How tall do you think he is?"-Bree and Denise

May have Mild Spoilers

Stitched Up Heart was a special find for me. An undiscovered gem that I just fell in love with. I call it an undiscovered gem because I have never heard of this author. When I finished this book I looked her up to try to find more books by
NiCoLeTa E.
***3,5 "Type-A, alpha-male, door-kicker vibe" stars***

I have two days that I've finished this book and to be honest, i was a little bit comfused of how i will rate it!!!

And why was that???
Damn, this story was very good!!! The characters were the best!!! The actions were amazing!!!
But something was a little bit off for me and i'm afraid that something was that the things were moving super fast between the two heroes and that was a little bit stressful for me....

Overall, it was a very good read
Mo
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well, this was a nice surprise. I am really bad at reading the books I get from Netgalley. Not sure why! This is a debut novel from this author and it was very good. I loved both the main characters, Jase and Bree.

Both war veterans but have left their army careers behind. Strong characters. He was a bit of an Alpha ass, always wanting to protect her. Nothing wrong with that but Bree is a strong, independent woman and cannot handle it.

"I know this is new. For both of us. I get the sense your ex
Barbara➰
Reread April 2017

I actually enjoyed this more on reread so I'm bumping up my rating to 5 Stars. I adore Jase. He's an awesome hero all alpha and possessive like I love.

Original review September 2016

**4 “I love you, snot bubbles and all” stars**

After finding her fiancé in a compromising position, Bree dumps his ass and decides a night with her friend, Denise is in order. Upon arriving at the bar, she’s immediately snatched up by Jase who’s there with friends. After a glorious night of hot sex, B
Parvathy

4.5 Stars!

Stitched Up Heart is a riveting debut with a kick-ass heroine and a caveman hero who will capture your heart with their beautiful, heart warming and emotional story. The author has crafted a story which will captivate you right from the first page and will take you on an unforgettable story.

I loved Bree and Jase. Bree is not your typical heroine who needs a guy to save her, rather she is someone who is capable of taking care of herself. She is independent, confident and knows what sh
Denna✌
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bev
Uh just saying .... I about gave myself whiplash checking out the author to discover this is her debut. I bloody loved every single word of this book, it's been a long time since a book with low to no angst has grabbed me like Stitched Up Heart has.

What a fantastic read this was with everything in it that I love - great side characters, romantic suspense, military background, tight writing/pacing, a hot alpha male that’s all about his woman and actually LISTENS to her, a bloody kickass strong h
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Wow , this story was amazing. Everything about it was just so good. There is something so beautiful about a story where you actually feel step by step the love grow..and deepen. Then throw in humor, suspense, and deeply emotional family and friendship connections. Jase was so wonderful, protective, affectionate and possessive. Those are total alpha traits I need. Bree was the perfect balance of feminity and strength. I really hope we get Denise and possibly Chris as a future story.
As a mother o
Tina

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

First I want to say thanks to all my GR friends on support, I love you and I am lucky that I can call you my friends, it really is amazing how internet and this site can connect you with wonderful people who are on other sides of world. I am going through some things lately but I believe it is going to be okay, it’s slow process but better ever than never, right?

Okay going back to this review, I won’t be writing much because I don’t have a lot of time right now so just a couple of se
Nicla
Stitched Up Heart is really good. The highlight of this book is definitely the standout characters. Recommend if you want a hot ex-military romance with a strong heroine and an awesome alpha.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Any couple separation (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low
Heat Level: High
CC
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gotta say I loved this book. Was it perfect? No. Do I care? Hell no!

I loved the characters, the story, the awesome heroine, the hero, the dogs....everything. It made me smile and cry a little. I thought it totally did justice to our service men and women. It did not dwell but it did not sugar coat or have miraculous cures.

I totally felt the connection, and believed the story. I was “all in” the entire book. Cannot wait to read the next one!!!
♡Tonya♡
**4 type-A alpha male door kicking stars**

I have to say, for a debut book, I really enjoyed this! It touched so many different feelings for me. It was a hot and sexy romance with suspense thrown in. I liked that the angst of the story was primarily from outside sources, not their relationship. Once they got together, they stayed together. I love that!

Jack was a fantastic hero. He was caring, loving, kind and oh so alpha. He was an Army Ranger who had seen too much devastation during his career.
Tami
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This review is based on an ARC provided by the author and /or publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

I was captivated from the very beginning of this book. There were a few tiny details that I trust the author to fix before release day to make this book perfect, PERFECT!! I loved this book, can you tell? Hot hero- poignant topic- flipping AWESOME suspenseful back-story. Incredible book from a new to me author.
Andrea
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has all the feels!

I couldn't admire Jase or Bree anymore! They suffered so much and strove for better. I loved their relationship, from tender to scorching hot!

Will continue reading books from this series!
Laurie
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-favorites
As readers, taking a chance on a new author is akin to going on a blind date. You check everything possible beforehand hoping it’s in a genre you like to read, the synopsis sounds like your kind of book and of course, you check out the cover…they do say a picture is worth a thousand words! Unfortunately, this method of selecting what to read next can be hit and miss. Lately, my new to me author selections haven’t turned out to be all that great.

So color me shocked when the hype surrounding this
Hms
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice surprise. One of my GR friends read this and commented that she "LA LA LA Loved it" so being a sucker for hot alpha door kickers, I gave it a whirl. Great writing, kick ass heroine and witty dialogue and add the suspense/mystery aspect and I am one happy reader! Bree and her friend Denise were badasses and Jase, umm where can I order one of him? I will definitely check out the novella about Denise and Jase's BF Chris. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Erin
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military, 2017
I read this book several books ago, so forgive me because this isn't going to be a full review because I don't remember everything.

This was a sweet book. Like almost too sweet and too perfect with a side of serial killer. I found those two aspects, perfect but with looming danger, strange to read. Not that it hasn't been done in other books, but in this particular book the sweet and perfect aspect of the book was too much for me. I liked all the characters; the insta lust/love aspect is always
♥Sharon♥
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Another book I should have reviewed sooner......

This one is landing on my liked it but didn't love it shelf. While I did enjoy the story and the characters, I think it was missing a bit of conflict and angst that would have had me a bit more invested.

It was a sweet story (maybe a little too sweet) and it is a story about love and the forgiveness of oneself.

Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Arriving home from work and finding your fiance bonking another chick in your bed is not an ideal end to the day. Bree soon kicks cheating Brad to the curb and kind of feels relieved the relationship is over. It was never going to go anywhere long term.

This is how she ends up in a biker bar with her best friend one night, catching the eye of Jase. He hasn’t seen her before and knows he would have remembered her if he had. There is definitely something there between them and Bree decides to live
Kate's Corner
May have some spoilers.

5 Why can’t we hogtie Bree? Stars.

I’m blown away by this book, by this author and by the characters, not just the main characters but all the characters. I really do not know where to start. But I can say that this book is epic. Yes. EPIC. Guess what? It is the author's debut, crazy right? There aren't enough stars to give this book. Okay so fangirled enough. Now my review.

Bree Marks is a secret bad arse. We first meet her when she comes home and her reaction is hilario
RJ
3.75 stars!

This was pretty good! I loved how the H chased the h. It would've been 10x better had he not been such a whore before. We hear about it a couple times but it definitely took the rating down for me.
Kelly Chandler (Krebill)
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Stitched Up Heart by (Book Review)
4 of 5
Adult Romance/Military Romance (Contains PTSD)
ARC provided through NetGalley for an honest review.
Brianna “Bree” is a physical therapist. She served in the military and enjoys being able to help other soldiers who are recovering from combat. She is smart, driven and sassy. As of recently, her life has been a blur and change is needed. After walking into her fiancé having sex with another woman, she finally sees the change and cuts ties with him. Taking a c
Teresa
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**I received Stitched Up Heart by Tarina Deaton from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review**

Stitched Up Heart is a fantastic story and I hope that there will be many more in this series. If I could I'd give it 10 stars because of its heartfelt love story between Jase (Jason) and Bree (Brianna) plus the sassy Denise who asks her if she "needs to bring a shovel" when Bree catches her fiance with another woman is awesome. Its really the best line in the book plus their friendship that the two
Book Lover
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! This is one I will read again. I will be watching for future books from this author.

Jase is ex-military, dealing with some PTSD, an alpha male, kind, caring, considerate, just a nice guy.

Bree is also ex-military, dealing with some PTSD, independent, self sufficient, sweet, caring and totally selfless. She is wealthy, but lives small, gives lots to charity and doesn’t draw attention to herself.

These two together are awesome. They have chemistry, passion, and are supportive of
Cheri
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This a story everyone should read. It honors a woman who risked her life, gave up her safe sanity, to rescue her fellow military partners. There are many like her and we fail to recognize all the heroes let alone the female heroes.

The story is hot and steamy. Did I mention the story is hot and steamy? Yet, under the heat and lust is a feeling few are fortunate enough to experience. Jase runs an outdoor retreat for Vets. Bree is a physical therapist for Vets and active duty personnel. Both have t
Annamaria
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Military Stars! Bree who is ex-military, comes home to find her fiancee cheating on her. She goes to the bar to drown her sorrows and meets Jason. Jason is all out alpha male, ex-military and after one night with Bree knows that he wants to be with her. At times their relationship is challenged because of her being a strong women and him a alpha male. When Bree's life is threatened, will Jason be able to protect her? Ms. Deaton does an amazing job writing this story and portraying t ...more
Ira
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love this one.
The hero almost perfect but I love the heroine more:)
Everything about her just incredible and unusual, lucky Jase to landed a girl like her!:)
Leigh
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
Stitched Up Heart was my first read by this author and from all the awesome reviews I had high hopes that I would fall in love but unfortunately I didn't. While I really enjoyed Jase and Bree I found the overall story and suspense really boring. Honestly, it took me days to finish because I kept putting it down to read something else because it really wasn't keeping my interest. Also the suspense was so obvious I knew who did it from the first murder. Anyway on a positive note the writing was pr ...more
Michelle [Helen Geek]
10/05/2016 --

Lotta hype around this one and I don't get it. Not unusual. I think I have preferences others don't. Don't care for the insta-love thing. Not at all. I like everyday people, but not the monotony of trying to figure out of you want tater-tots or french fries. Not monotony without a higher purpose.

I say all this, but please understand, this is a debut for this author. She did a decent job [she got a bump in my rating]. I'll read another. I'm hoping to have something similar to one of
Carolyn's
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
I fell immediately in like with this book and these characters. By 20% into the book was in love. Now that I finished it I just want to tell all my reading friends that they must read this book!

I love what strong female characters both Bree and Denise were. After finding a cheating ex in bed the ladies decide not to stay home and have a pity party but to go out! At the bar, Bree meets Jase who is a tall and sexy walking orgasm. Jase was absolutely adorable the entire book and I appreciate when
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Turning Pages At ...: Stitched Up Heart (Combat Hearts #1) by Tarina Deaton 15 11 Aug 27, 2017 08:03AM

Combat Hearts (4 books)
  • Rescued Heart (Titan World) (Combat Hearts #2)
  • Half-Broke Heart (Combat Hearts #2.5)
  • Locked-Down Heart (Combat Hearts #3)