Start by marking “A Very Wicked Christmas Anthology” as Want to Read:

A Very Wicked Christmas Anthology

Have Yourself A Very Wicked Christmas!

Six of today’s most popular regency romance authors come together to deliver a holiday anthology full of passion, promise, and scandalous dalliance.

Published October 18th 2016 by LLD Press

To ask other readers questions about A Very Wicked Christmas Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Wicked Christmas Anthology

AnnMarie
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Very Wicked Christmas is an anthology of 6 brand new stand alone stories by 6 fabulous authors.

The Christmas Affair is by Heather Boyd and is the first story in the anthology.

It's the story of Amy Mellish who has fallen on hard times since her mother died a year ago. She is homeless and the only way she can make money enough to survive is to become a fallen woman. On one particular very cold winter night she takes refuge in a couple of crates in an alley behind a shop. She is found by the sho
Cathy Geha
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Six Steamy Historical Romances

The Christmas Affair by Heather Boyd: One of my favorite stories in the anthology. Amy was a wonderfully resilient woman. Parker Cabot was a tenderhearted man who took her in and in so doing perhaps saved them both. (5 stars)

Love at First Dance by Barbara Monajem: With a touch of the paranormal this was a story that I tended to skim wondering if perhaps it is part of a series. (3 stars)

Joy to the Earl by Nicola Davidson: Another fav
Eva
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency
My two favorite stories in this book were "Lord of Misrule" by Donna Cummings and "Oh joy to the Earl". Both of them were filled with passion and longing, very erotical and explicit and highly recommended. It's a collection of stories you cannot easily put aside.
Phoenix77
Nov 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
That was a waste of $1.07.
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Christmas Affair by Heather Boyd

That was absolutely adorable. In this Cinderella story our Cinderella is a whore looking for shelter in (what I think to be) late 1800s, it’s winter and a prostitute killer is lurking. Amy finds herself taking shelter in a shopkeeper’s store.

Harper Cabot is a widower and still grieving his wife when he finds Amy Mellish outside his shop, freezing half to death. And Harper is immediately taken with her.

Amy’s circumstances and Harper’s loneliness are like two pi
Dot Salvagin
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Are you looking for some sizzling hot novellas to curl up with and warm your toes this Fall and Winter? Well have I got an anthology for you! These stories are way beyond warming by the fire. They are well written by accomplished authors who manage to imbue their characters with deep heartfelt characterization and sympathy for the poor sexy dears. Each story revolves around the Christmas season and as usual with these anthologies some stories have more Christmasy feeling than others but all incl ...more
Amanda
The Christmas Affair by Heather Boyd - 3.5 stars
A surprisingly sweet Regency take on Pretty Woman albeit with a very unrealistic conclusion but then, its obvious inspiration had that too and it was nonetheless enjoyable. I was impressed by Boyd’s affecting prose.

Love at First Dance by Barbara Monajem - 1 star
This one I just didn’t...get. The hero was a spy and an incubus (I think?), so was this meant to be a paranormal? If so, that could explain my lack of interest as that is not my genre. U
Sieravonne
May 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: anthologies
The Christmas Affair by Heather Boyd

Other than getting bored from Chapter 15 towards the end, I have a few remarks.
- I thought Amy could not attempt to seduce a man who was grieving because it was not fair to him and would only lead to her own humiliation. Yet, she enticed Harper.
- I wonder why Amy's mother didn't teach her how to make dresses/gowns. If her mother did, Amy can earn a decent living by being a seamstress even if she was ruined.
- It wasn't explained why the light-skirts
Doreen
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
I finally gave up with this book. I couldn't understand why it was taking me so long to get through it, until I realised I was bored. I've no objection to erotica in general, but these stories failed to engage me. Then I started reading a different book and found to my relief that I got through it rapidly, so the problem doesn't seem to be with reading per se. But you may be different, in fact you almost certainly will be. For me though, I was happier when I allowed myself to stop reading.
MC
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Hard to give one review for this, since it is an anthology. I gave it 3 stars because there were ups and downs. Some of the short novels were not nearly as good as others. Lots of sexual content for those of you that like it, but in a romantic style. You'll just have to try it and see.
Elaine
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindlefire, regency
There were 3 that I liked best: Heather Boyd, Nicola Davidson and Wendy Vella.
3.5☆
Brittany Shivers
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received from Netgalley

A collection of Christmas love. Though two of the six stories are not my cup of tea the set brings out the miracle of the Christmas season. With a story of a woman struggling with her fate and ends with a woman struggling with deception and changing her fate.

The Christmas Affair Heather Boyd

Harper Cabot has lost himself in his business after the death of his wife. When he finds a woman seeking refuge from the cold behind his business he invites her in.

Amy Mellish was force
Brenda
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Publisher's Description:

In Heather Boyd’s The Christmas Affair, a lonely shopkeeper offers shelter to a beautiful, not so innocent miss to overcome the bitter memories of Christmases past, but could such a wicked connection ever lead to a happily-ever-after? A dashing spy with marriage on his mind seeks to rekindle the spark by any means possible wit
Alexandra
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So far I absolutely like the anthology - once again Heather Boyd and Barbara Monajem totally delighted me with their stories and I am looking forward to reading the rest.

The first story is from Heather Boyd and her heroine is a young girl fallen from grace who has to earn her money on the streets after her mom died (she doesn't know who her dad is). She finds shelter behind a tailor shop and is found there by the shopkeeper himself, a very nice man who takes pity on her... and lusts after her fr
Isha Coleman
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Whether looking for excitement, chill or someday wickedly naughty thrills A Very Wicked Christmas has a lot to offer. Beverley Oakley brings on the action with the cat and mouse suspense of The Glittering Prize. Wendy Villa and Donna Cummings kick the temperature level up a notch with the scandalous liaisons of the ton. Heather Boyd and Barbara Monajem deliver sensual pleasure in surprising packages. Nicolas Davidson proves that good things come to those who wait in her story of mysteries and sc ...more
Cas H.
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I love anthologies! It is a great way to experience a new author with short stories.
I liked some of the stories found in this book, but there were two that I did not like at all.
I will not add which ones I did not like because the other ones were really good.
If you like anthologies, and you want to experience new authors then this might be a book for you.
This book is a romance book and I would not recommend it for a younger audience. Some stories contain more sex than others, it really depends
Kusanagi
Dec 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: xmas-spirit
Alors en fait c'est l'erotica* de Noël.... et des fois, Noël c'est vraiment juste la date et histoire de faire sortir les héros de la chambre pour ramasser des branches hein.... :p
j'ai bien aimé la première histoire, entre un commerçant et une prostitué
la deux flirte avec le paranormal et de l'auteur j'ai préféré celle dans un autre recueil (pas erotica)
les autres sont classiques, la dernière j'ai eu du mal à la finir (j'ai rien compris à l'histoire ... et pas à cause de scène de sexe en plus)

Susan Czaja
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Five out of six isn't bad.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first five stories in this anthology. They had plenty of steam and were well written in a Christmas spirit. I was very disappointed with the sixth. By the beginning of the second chapter, there had been two murders and the heroine had been irretrievably compromised and ruined. The writing did not seem up to the standard of the first five, there were historical inaccuracies, and the story contrived. The first five stories make this well worth the
Kelly  The Sassy Book Lover
Most of these are very steamy reads. I think there is enough rage in stories so there is something for everyone. I liked some and loved one or two. Some were steamer than I normally read and I was expecting them, but still liked them.
Amy Alvis
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed each of theses stories and was able to find some new authors to read.
Janet S Tackett
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Romance!!

Enjoyed the very different books in this anthology. Intrigue and romance, a good combination for relaxation and alone time. Recommended.
Mrs Valerie B Smart
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Stories.

Every story very different, the only thing in common is Christmas. I have enjoyed these books and sad that I have now read all of them...If you like a good story with a sexual overtime you won't be disappointed...
Joan Anna Ensley
Christine Daykin
Jul 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Christmas Roses
  • Wanton Christmas Wishes (includes: Self-Made Men, #1; 93rd Highlanders, #1; Diable Delamere, #2.5)
  • Once Upon A Historical Christmas
  • One Winter's Night: A Regency Yuletide Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Silver Bells Collection
  • Under The Kissing Bough
  • Christmas Revels II: Four Regency Novellas
  • The Sheriff Takes a Bride (Las Morenas, # 4)
  • Mistletoe, Marriage, and Mayhem: A Bluestocking Belles Collection
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • On Christmas Hill
  • Christmas in Kilts
  • Five Golden Rings: A Christmas Collection
  • Christmas Keepsakes
Determined to escape the Aussie sun on a scorching camping holiday, Heather picked up a pen and notebook from a corner store and started writing her very first novel—Chills. Years later, she is the author of over thirty romances and publisher of several anthologies too. Addicted to all things tech and fascinated by English society of the early 1800’s, Heather spends her days getting her characters ...more