Start by marking “Fairytales Gone Wrong: Who's Bad and Who's Good, Little Red Riding Hood?: A Story About Stranger Danger” as Want to Read:

In Who's Bad and Who's Good, Little Red Riding Hood? our red-cloaked heroine is ready to set off with a basket of delicious cakes to Grandma's house. "Be good, and don't talk to strangers", Little Red Riding Hood's mum reminds her, "and if a stranger does talk to you, yell, run and tell!"

On the way, Little Red Riding Hood meets a weird-looking wolf and an adorable white bu
Published April 4th 2017 by QEB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fairytales Gone Wrong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairytales Gone Wrong

Charlotte Stafford
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great alternate version of LRRH. A good opportunity to discuss differences between this version and traditional tale. Also a good opportunity to discuss strangers in a different way than with the traditional tale.
Chloe
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is an interesting adaptation of the classic story, 'Little Red Riding Hood'. The story challenges the perceptions that we as reader hold from when we read classic tales from childhood. The book is making children aware of what we call 'stranger danger' and that not all people are as they seem.
From the front cover illustration the wolf has been drawn to look more scary the the rabbit, he has his claws on show and he is hiding behind a tree starring at Little Red Riding Hood. The rabbit
Melanie
The classic tale of Little Red Riding Hood is given a twist in this stranger danger tale. Red is on her way to Grandma's house, heeding mother's warning about not talking to strangers. When a wolf approaches her she screams and runs. She then encounters a rabbit whom she tells all about where she's going and what she's doing and agrees to allow him to follow her to "keep her safe."

Finally she gets to grandma's house where the story follows the traditional tale until Grandma explains that the wol
Melle
May 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one, because I am a grouchy old lady
Recommended to Melle by: Donell
"A stranger could be a friend you haven't met yet, and some friendly strangers are not what they appear." Maybe it's because I was raised on "STRANGER DANGER!" and I turned out to be just fine (mostly) and still alive (mostly), but I kind of resent the whole "let's rethinking Stranger Danger" and impose that on a well-known fairytale that's already had its best iteration with Susan Middleton Elya's Little Roja Riding Hood. Will probably be liked by reasonable people who want their kids to not sc ...more
Kimberly
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved tgis story its a twist on the original and the girl is in the woods walking to her grandma's when a wolf stops her and she screams and runs away and while she is running away she sees a rabbit and tells him what happened that a wolf was trying to eat her and the rabbit says oh no I will stay with you and go with you to your grandma's to make sure you get safe when they get there the wolf is in the bed and not Grandma the little girl screams and Grandma walks in what is the matter turns o ...more
Debbie Smith
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
While it's awful that we find it necessary to teach "stranger danger", it doesn't appear to be something we can wish away.
When Little Red Riding Hood is asked to deliver cupcakes and soup to her grandma she is instructed to stay on the path and avoid talking to strangers. Then she is told to yell, tell a policeman or a person in a shop if she needs help. Of course, who should she meet but a wolf. But new to the story is a rabbit. And there is where the real story begins.
One thing both parents an
Heydi Smith
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-storytime
A marvelous story about the real danger of strangers. The story flowed well, the illustrations were fantastic and the end note for parents was perfect.

A fantastic addition to any safety storytime.
Mandy
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
(4.5)
Melissa
Teaches that even outward appearances might be deceiving and to be careful who you trust.
Arielle
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kiddies
I found this to be a very important book with a great moral. It takes a classic story everyone knows and provides a “stranger danger” morale. Parents constantly tell their kids not to talk to strangers, but kids seem to find loopholes. This book seeks out a loophole a kid might find and let’s it play out right before the child’s eyes. Fantastic!
Sandy
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked the twist on this classic fairy tale. I thought it was presented thoroughly and provided another means of showing casing Stranger Danger and also the twisting of the plot. The illustrations were bright and colorful and the text was easy to read and follow. I also liked the Next Steps section that was located in the back of the novel which provided ideas on how to get the most out of this novel.

The story begins just like the typical Little Red Riding Hood story where Little Red is sent b
Anna Kong
Nevena
Oct 09, 2017
Cheryl
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Little Red Riding Hood meets Stranger Danger with a twist.

Can anyone really know who's good or bad by appearances?

What I really liked about this book is, not only the tale and illustrations, but there is a page of questions to open up a discussion with the child.

Unfortunately, in today's world, this book is a must and should be in every child's bookcase!!
Sanja_Sanjalica
Kerri Selby
Feb 02, 2018
Kelly
Apr 05, 2017
Steve Smallman lives in Staffordshire with his wife, two dogs and two cats. He has four children and a grandchild. Steve has been illustrating children’s books for almost 30 years and writing his own stories for slightly less. He also teaches illustration workshops in schools, including mural-painting. Steve is the author of Smelly Peter the Great Pea Eater (Winner of the Sheffield Children's Book ...more