Start by marking “Vampirina at the Beach” as Want to Read:
Vampirina at the Beach

Vampirina at the Beach

When the summer moon is full, a beach trip is an epic way to spend the night. With her signature poise, Vampirina and her clan gear up for a festive time at the beach. Keeping her ballet lessons in mind, Vampirina demi-plié's on a surfboard, leaps for a volleyball, and finishes each competition with style, even if she doesn't always come out on top. Readers will shout "Bra ...more
Published April 4th 2017 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Vampirina at the Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampirina at the Beach

MissBecka
This had fun and exciting illustrations that certainly catch the eye.
The story itself wasn't all that captivating and sometimes the phrasing was weird, but I think for the pictures alone it's worth adding it into storytime.

P.S.
The little wolfboy was super adorable!
Beth  (YA Books Central)
Vampirina On The Beach is full of fun, vivid, and colorful illustrations. Vampirina uses her adventures to teach her friends right and wrong. I enjoyed reading how Vampirina and her friends all work together and show each other kindness.

I loved how she takes every opportunity to teach her friends how to do different things safely and the correct way, such as snorkeling, surfing, playing volleyball and even building a sandcastle.

"It doesn't matter if it's Swan Lake on a stage,
or the twist in the
Jocelin
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another cute addition in the "Vampirina" series.
Brittany
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The BEST Vampirina book yet. It also teaches kids to be safe at the ocean which is a HUGE plus, especially if you have a little daredevil child.
A Allen
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Following the same format as Vampirina in the Snow, this book follows Vampirina through a series of activities. However, I felt that the target audience for this book must be a bit older than Vamperina in the Snow. Some of the beach activities, such as surfing and volleyball, seem to be for older children. I imagined Vampirina would be wading in the water, eating snacks, and collecting sea shells. Vampirina does build a sandcastle though which seemed to be appropriate for the age group I would r ...more
Bethany
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
VAMPIRINA AT THE BEACH is a beautifully crafted, well-illustrated story about all the things you can do at a beach while still being safe. It's a perfect children's read with our fast approaching summer.

VAMPIRINA AT THE BEACH has vivid, colorful pictures that my daughter loved so much that she just wanted to touch every page. The story is about all the fun activities you can do at the beach, like surfing, building a sand castle, swimming, volleyball, etc. I love how they teach that you should al
Ro Menendez
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
When can a vampire go surfing? When there's a full moon of course! Vampirina and all her scary friends and family are seen in their cars, on their way to the beach. All the cars are filled with scary characters except for one, where a human family is driving along, unfazed by the creatures around them. Vampirina and the human boy try all sorts of activities and games, where they are not successful at being number one, but Vampirina doesn't mind. As the night progresses, the reader sees how the h ...more
Kristen
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney, halloween, dance
This series of books is what the new Disney Junior show "Vampirina" is loosely based on. This is the first book we read from this series, not realizing it's a series. So I thought the dance references were a little strange. That is, until I saw the other two books advertised on the back about "Vampirina Ballerina". Then it all made sense.

My daughter just completed her first dance recital (it was a ballet/tap class) so we're extra excited that this is about a dancing vampire! There isn't any dial
Cheryl
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute story of a vampire girl playing with her friends on the beach at night. Clever way to introduce kids about what to expect on adventure to the beach or help get them over their frights at such a big and different place. Fun illustrations.
Julia
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
My daughter loved this one so much she read it twice.
Lisa D
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series which will soon be turned into a disney cartoon, which i can't wait to watch!! This book is a classic and i love this author!!
Miss Sarah
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vampirina and her friends are going to the beach for the night. She gives a guide to all beach actviities and it's filled with fun. preschool and up
Jennette
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute story's great art all around awesomeness!!!
Charlotte
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Not as awful as I expected after having seen the TV show. It satisfied my 4 year old and I was able to convince her that since we read Vampirina she did not need screen time.
Mary
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Vampirina goes to the beach for an epic party at night with her monstrous friends. Easily fitting into the canon of other books in this series, fans will delight in this addition.
Castle Spooktacular
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
PICTURE BOOK PERFECTION!!!
Ryan Frantz
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Surf's up Vampirina! This book is coooool!
Donna Mork
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
All the ghosts and ghouls go to the beach. They swim, surf, and make sand castles. Then the have a big dance contest. Fun times, even for the living dead.
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: halloween
So cute. I love the color scheme, and the giant dance party page, and the page where they're all exploring underwater.
Mary Librarian
Cute beach story. Shows all the fun things you can do represented by vampires, monsters, and people.
Christine Grant
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
Vampires, monsters and ghouls at the beach, oh my!
Lynn  Davidson
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
During a night at the beach, Vampirina employs her ballet lessons to help in volleyball, surfing, and a dance contest. Cute.
Laine
Mar 30, 2017
Samantha  Cattivera
Dec 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Anne Marie Pace is a picture book author. She is the author of the VAMPIRINA BALLERINA series, illustrated by LeUyen Pham, published by Disney-Hyperion starting in 2012, which is in production as a Disney Junior animated series to debut in 2017; and PIGLOO (Henry Holt, illustrated by Lorna Hussey, October, 2016). Her upcoming books include GROUNDHUG DAY (Disney-Hyperion, illustrated by Christopher ...more