Start by marking “Night Night, Groot” as Want to Read:
Night Night, Groot

Night Night, Groot

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  450 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
It's been a long day for baby Groot and he's ready to be tucked in for bed. Just as his eyes start to close, Rocket Raccoon bursts onto the scene! Groot can't go to sleep yet, there's a whole galaxy that needs to be defended and they must work together to save the day! Then maybe, just maybe, Groot will finally get the rest he deserves!
Published April 4th 2017 by Marvel Press

To ask other readers questions about Night Night, Groot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Night, Groot

Mischenko
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The moment I saw that Marvel came out with a children's story about Baby Groot I had to grab it. I love Guardians of the Galaxy and being that Baby Groot is my favorite character, my review may be a little bias. :D

Night Night, Groot is a picture book about Baby Groot's busy day. Gamora is reading a night time story to him as he snuggles into bed.

Night Night,
Groot,
it's time for bed.
Time to rest
your sleepy head.

photo 20170506_184032.jpg

Children who like super heroes will love this book. It contains many Marvel heroes in
Ana
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I Love Groot.
But I mean... who doesn't??
This tiny tree has a day filled with fun, action, and adventure. And maybe a night filled with those, too?
I would even venture to suggest that the book could be read twice in one sitting - first the story, then the dialogue. This is a perfect bedtime story for little super SHEroes and HEroes.
Monica
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Becky
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am Groot.
Jenna Davis
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Suuuuuuuuuuuuch a good picture book! It was Groot!
Mary Librarian
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not your typical bedtime story. Here Groot and his racoon friend relive his day among superheroes.
Celeste_pewter
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Night Night, Groot, author Brendan Deneen details the adventures that are involved when Groot gets ready for bed. It's a post-Guardians of the Galaxy baby Groot, and it's not too long before Rocket pulls him into another adventure.

The genuis of Night Night, Groot isn't just that it's a book with some truly adorable illustrations. It's also a book that makes the Marvel universe accessible to a younger crowd, particularly for those readers that may not necessarily be ready for the movies just
James
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This falls into the category of books I was exposed to in search of something for the kids that was new and fun. As a comic fan, this works for me and is a fun read with the kids. The book is all about luring the young Groot to bed while reviewing the adventures and heroes he encountered throughout his day. It plays like a superhero "Goodnight Moon" with fun art and some epic cameos and the like. If your kids like heroes in any form, this is a fun bedtime story for kids (and not a bad read for D ...more
Justin Nelson
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yes, I own this. Yes, I read this. Yes, it's super cute. A lot of Marvel heroes make cameos in this and the illustrations are filled with little things to see. Simple rhyme story, fun for all little super heroes and heroines.
Shanna
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended to me and I love Guardians of the Galaxy, so of course I had to read it. Such beautiful portrayals of all the characters and there's a great story that somehow feels fresh, despite being a "going to bed" book.
Christy
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable.
Ashley
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: emmett-s-library
Very cute! We ordered it on amazon and ordered a stuffed groot with it.
Larissa ☾
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Groot is the cutest little guy! Cute book! I enjoyed this children's book a lot ❤ ...more
Amanda
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-fic
I AM GROOT <3
Stacy Fetters
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sneaky-librarian
Super adorable!!

Groot is cute on his own and this just made him the cutest in all the land.
Ashley
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun twist on a bed time story. Super hero and Marvel fans will be delighted by this night time adventure!
Emily Hale
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun story with the boys
Lisa
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was super cute. I loved it! I recommend this to young children who are inspired by superheroes.
molliekay
I am Groot. I *am* Groot. *I* am Groot. I am GROOT.

Translation: If your little superhero dreams of flying and defeating evil, this is the book for them!
Kari
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
LOVE this book!!!! Found Ant-man on almost every page.
Rebecca
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the cutest thing in existence
Ro
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
A bedtime story gone wrong as any Guardian of the Galaxy fan would suspect. As baby Groot settles in for the night, Rocket must rile him up by reminding him of all the adventures they have pretended to have with not only bad guys but The Avengers as well. The narrator continues the soothing bedtime story in rhyme while Rocket's speech bubbles add funny commentary. Rocket and Groot fans will enjoy this bedtime story as part of their nightly routine.
Tricia
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I'm still squee-ing a little bit about this book as I write this. SO. STINKING. CUTE! Perfect for the tiny Marvel fan in your household. You and they alike will delight at the hero sightings, though you won't be the least bit sleepy after all the action packed illustrations.
Jon(athan) Nakapalau
WOW! So Groot has to save the world before he can go to bed...or is it a dream? Great book for kids and comic fans alike.
Baby Bookworm
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Hello, friends! Our book today is Night Night, Groot, written by Brendan Deneen and illustrated by Cale Atkinson, a wildly fun Marvel-themed bedtime book starring everyone's favorite flora colossus, Baby Groot.

It's bedtime on the Milano, and Baby Groot is being tucked in with a story. After all, he's had a very busy day: fighting bad guys, spending time with his superhero friends, and generally
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Deneen, Brendan Night Night, Groot, illustrated by Cale Atkinson. PICTURE BOOK. Marvel Press (Disney), 2017. $12.99.

Groot is gearing up for bed after a long day of guarding the galaxy when his friend, Rocket, shows up. Dashing off on one last adventure, Groot battles bad guys alongside other favorite heroes from the Marvel universe--Captain American, the Hulk, Dr. Strange and more. At the end we wonder if perhaps it was all just a dream, but it doesn't really matter, does it?

This is a super fu
Samantha Bartley
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I know, I know, another picture book review. I’m usually not this bad, I’m just so busy, my reading is at an all time low. But I had to share my opinion on this book I picked up at Boxed Lunch last week. It was too cute to pass up, and I’m a sucker for picture books with adorable illustrations—and it certainly helps that it’s filled with some of my favorite people ever. The book is cute and simple, with of course toddler Groot as the main character, which Rocket at his side the entire time. We a ...more
Alexandria
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Marvel Fans
How can you give a book featuring Bitty Groot anything but five stars?! The pacing and cadence of the writing makes for a fun read-aloud and the story is cute enough to draw out at least a few giggles: Gamora is reading Groot a bedtime story....but Rocket doesn't think it should be bedtime at all! So the narrator takes them back through their adventures that day before convincing Groot (and moreover, Rocket) that it is, indeed, time for bed.

The illustrations are a wonderfully campy comic style
JP
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love that I read this to my child before I read "Goodnight Moon".

Our house is more certainly a "Night Night, Groot" house now.

The illustrations are soft and the colours are vast.

The cadence and subject make the reader feel less like "Gru" from Despicable Me reading "Sleepy Kittens", and more like Stan Lee from his Simpsons cameo. (Especially the bit where he's trying to rip his shirt off expressing he once turned in to the Hulk).

Night Night, Groot- My only gripe is that there is no board b
McKenzie Richardson
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

An adorable picture book for superhero lovers of all ages. So cute!

With appearances from many Marvel favorites including Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, Spiderman, and Black Panther, this is a great bedtime story for superhero fans. It has a soothing rhyme scheme, hilarious pictures, and of course, Rocket Raccoon.

Very entertaining and beautifully-illustrated.

A great addition to any superhero picture book collection.
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine: Night Night Groot 3 19 Oct 05, 2017 12:44PM