Start by marking “Night Night, Groot” as Want to Read:
Night Night, Groot

Night Night, Groot

It's been a long day for baby Groot and he's ready to be tucked in for bed. Just as his eyes start to close, Rocket Raccoon bursts onto the scene! Groot can't go to sleep yet, there's a whole galaxy that needs to be defended and they must work together to save the day! Then maybe, just maybe, Groot will finally get the rest he deserves!
Published April 4th 2017 by Marvel Press

To ask other readers questions about Night Night, Groot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Night, Groot

Start your review of Night Night, Groot
Mischenko
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The moment I saw that Marvel came out with a children's story about Baby Groot I had to grab it. I love Guardians of the Galaxy and being that Baby Groot is my favorite character, my review may be a little bias. :D

Night Night, Groot is a picture book about Baby Groot's busy day. Gamora is reading a night time story to him as he snuggles into bed.

Night Night,
Groot,
it's time for bed.
Time to rest
your sleepy head.

photo 20170506_184032.jpg

Children who like super heroes will love this book. It contains many Marvel heroes
Hilda
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Night Night,
Groot,
it's time for bed.
Time to rest
your sleepy head.

This was very cute. I loved the illustrations. So many details. It was full of friends new and old. And so many details, I already mentioned this but I have to do it again. There's a tiny stuffed spider man on the floor and Gamora is reading a book about trees. His screen saver or photo on the wall shows the Guardians playing football. It's all so freaking cute!!!

You played games with friends...
And you jumped around...

Rocket:
Ana
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I Love Groot.
But I mean... who doesn't??
This tiny tree has a day filled with fun, action, and adventure. And maybe a night filled with those, too?
I would even venture to suggest that the book could be read twice in one sitting - first the story, then the dialogue. This is a perfect bedtime story for little super SHEroes and HEroes.
Ashley
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: emmett-s-library
Very cute! We ordered it on amazon and ordered a stuffed groot with it.
Jenna Davis
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Suuuuuuuuuuuuch a good picture book! It was Groot!
MaryLibrarianOH
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not your typical bedtime story. Here Groot and his racoon friend relive his day among superheroes.
Tricia
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I'm still squee-ing a little bit about this book as I write this. SO. STINKING. CUTE! Perfect for the tiny Marvel fan in your household. You and they alike will delight at the hero sightings, though you won't be the least bit sleepy after all the action packed illustrations.
Shanna
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended to me and I love Guardians of the Galaxy, so of course I had to read it. Such beautiful portrayals of all the characters and there's a great story that somehow feels fresh, despite being a "going to bed" book.
Hizatul Akmah
THIS IS LIKE THE CUSTEST PICTURE BOOK THAT I'VE EVER READ IN MY ENTIRE LIFE (NOT THAT I REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I WAS A KID, BUT STILL) GROOT IS ONE OF MY FAV CHARACTERS IN MCU AAAAHHHH CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM AGAIN IN THE INFINITY WAR!!!
Stacy Fetters
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sneaky-librarian
Super adorable!!

Groot is cute on his own and this just made him the cutest in all the land.
Becca Wolf
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the cutest thing in existence
Amanda
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-fic
I AM GROOT <3
Emily Hale
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun story with the boys
molliekay
I am Groot. I *am* Groot. *I* am Groot. I am GROOT.

Translation: If your little superhero dreams of flying and defeating evil, this is the book for them!
Larissa Is Reading
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Groot is the cutest little guy! Cute book! I enjoyed this children's book a lot ...more
Kari
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
LOVE this book!!!! Found Ant-man on almost every page.
Ashley
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun twist on a bed time story. Super hero and Marvel fans will be delighted by this night time adventure!
Lisa
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was super cute. I loved it! I recommend this to young children who are inspired by superheroes.
Jon Nakapalau
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! So Groot has to save the world before he can go to bed...or is it a dream? Great book for kids and comic fans alike.
Celeste_pewter
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Night Night, Groot, author Brendan Deneen details the adventures that are involved when Groot gets ready for bed. It's a post-Guardians of the Galaxy baby Groot, and it's not too long before Rocket pulls him into another adventure.

The genuis of Night Night, Groot isn't just that it's a book with some truly adorable illustrations. It's also a book that makes the Marvel universe accessible to a younger crowd, particularly for those readers that may not necessarily be ready for the movies just
James
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This falls into the category of books I was exposed to in search of something for the kids that was new and fun. As a comic fan, this works for me and is a fun read with the kids. The book is all about luring the young Groot to bed while reviewing the adventures and heroes he encountered throughout his day. It plays like a superhero "Goodnight Moon" with fun art and some epic cameos and the like. If your kids like heroes in any form, this is a fun bedtime story for kids (and not a bad read for ...more
Justin Nelson
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yes, I own this. Yes, I read this. Yes, it's super cute. A lot of Marvel heroes make cameos in this and the illustrations are filled with little things to see. Simple rhyme story, fun for all little super heroes and heroines.
Adele
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure what to think of this. Baby Groot is adorable. I like the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. This book does present itself as a book to read to children, perhaps at bedtime, rather than as satire or parody. I think. And for that it is awful violent and scary, and way too full of bright colors and frenetic imagery. But it is not really over-the-top enough to be funny and appeal to adults, so who is the intended audience?
Crystal
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Personally I enjoyed it but yet another book that probably wouldn't work unless we did a Star Wars themed storytime. (I laughed at some of the lines...like the one about bringing the cat in reference to Black Panther.)
Kimberly
This is very cute and very silly. The text definitely leaves a lot to be desired, but let's be honest--the kids aren't interested in this book for the bedtime rhyme. My kid just wants to see Groot, Rocket, and the Avengers.
Erica Metcalf
Night Night, Groot is fun and absolutely adorable story that Marvel fans of any age will appreciate!

So first things first, how adorable is that cover?! I love the title text and how the author and artists note is added to the lower right corner in a color that matches the inside of the spaceship. I also love the movement; from the nightcap flying off Groot's head and his planter tipping over, to the two characters running off to the right. And come on, that poker photo of Iron Man, The Hunk, and
Baby Bookworm
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Hello, friends! Our book today is Night Night, Groot, written by Brendan Deneen and illustrated by Cale Atkinson, a wildly fun Marvel-themed bedtime book starring everyone's favorite flora colossus, Baby Groot.

It's bedtime on the Milano, and Baby Groot is being tucked in with a story. After all, he's had a very busy day: fighting bad guys, spending time with his superhero friends, and generally
Samantha Bartley
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I know, I know, another picture book review. I’m usually not this bad, I’m just so busy, my reading is at an all time low. But I had to share my opinion on this book I picked up at Boxed Lunch last week. It was too cute to pass up, and I’m a sucker for picture books with adorable illustrations—and it certainly helps that it’s filled with some of my favorite people ever. The book is cute and simple, with of course toddler Groot as the main character, which Rocket at his side the entire time. We ...more
Ro Menendez
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
A bedtime story gone wrong as any Guardian of the Galaxy fan would suspect. As baby Groot settles in for the night, Rocket must rile him up by reminding him of all the adventures they have pretended to have with not only bad guys but The Avengers as well. The narrator continues the soothing bedtime story in rhyme while Rocket's speech bubbles add funny commentary. Rocket and Groot fans will enjoy this bedtime story as part of their nightly routine.
Deborah
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For lovers of night night and Groot of Guardians of the Galaxy. Before Groot goes to sleep, Rocket, his fellow Guradians, and the Avengers save the day and world and wish him a good night through rhymes.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine: Night Night Groot 3 19 Oct 05, 2017 12:44PM

• Grow Up, Ant-Man!
  • If Your Monster Won’t Go to Bed
  • Eat Pete!
  • Have Fun, Molly Lou Melon
  • Reading Beauty
  • Read the Book, Lemmings!
  • Interstellar Cinderella
  • Little Owl's Night
  • Crafty Llama
  • Star Wars: Are You Scared, Darth Vader?
  • Rocket Science for Babies
  • Love, Z
  • Giraffe Problems
  • The Very Fluffy Kitty, Papillon (Papillon, #1)