Start by marking “How to Bang a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #1)” as Want to Read:
How to Bang a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #1)

How to Bang a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  706 Ratings  ·  195 Reviews
Rules are made to be broken . . .

If England had yearbooks, I'd probably be "Arden St. Ives: Man Least Likely to Set the World on Fire." So far, I haven't. I've no idea what I'm doing at Oxford, no idea what I'm going to do next and, until a week ago, I had no idea who Caspian Hart was. Turns out, he's brilliant, beautiful . . . oh yeah, and a billionaire.

It's impossible no
Published April 16th 2017 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about How to Bang a Billionaire, please sign up.

Katerina Yes, I see it now, Elena ...

I will have it now. But it's not on Amazon as eBook, only paperback :(

Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

This book is the gay 50 Shades. Except I actually liked it. And I actually liked the characters. And there were no inner goddesses.

This was a book I requested on a whim, I love MM and am always curious to read more. I'm not one for billionaire romances, or BDSM but for some reason this book called to me.

How to Bang A Billionaire is about Arden, an Oxford student soon to graduate with a literature degree. He volunteers for an alumni fundraiser and ends up talking on the phone to bill
Alisa
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I think what the author did here was fantastic. I loved this. I think though that this book is going to be one of those that divides readers. You're either going to love this or you're going to hate it.

This is a m/m reimaging of Fifty Shades of Gray. The overall plotline is the same. Twenty year old college student meets emotionally detached billionaire and they enter into a contract type of relationship. Arden is the narrator for the story and he's charming and funny and self-deprecat
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4.5 Stars!

I'm not ashamed to admit I liked the 50 Shades books....at the time. Would I like them now? Probably not. My tastes have changed considerably since my time with Anna and Christian.

But I like a good billionaire book as much as the next person....and that fact that it's an MM book, well even better.

I quite liked both Caspian and Arden. A lot. They had some great banter. I just wish we also got Caspian's POV. That little niggle aside, I can't complain much about this one at all.

Perhaps
Adam
I really didn't know what to expect when I started reading this book. I'd seen a few reviews comparing it to Fifty Shades of Grey, which made me nervous.

But I had no need to worry. Alexis Hall delivers once again - complex and interesting characters, some comedy, hot sex, and a sweet romance.

I immediately fell for Arden. He's the cute funny twink who has a habit of getting into trouble. He charmed the socks off me.

Caspian is, to put it bluntly, a dick. He's cold and aloof for the vast majority o
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

DNF @ 67%

ARGHHHHHHHHH

It's only so much you can take! Goodness, I really tried. I tried Alisa, oh pudding pop I tried. LOL.

I literally want to take a bat to ARDEN'S head and shut him the hell up. It was TOO MUCH internal monologuing. I liked the premise of the story and the reversal of the FSOG saga, but it was too much for me. Honestly, I read up to 67% and put up with alot. I couldn't deal with a few sentences of dialogue between Caspian & Arden, and then 5 long pages of internal yamme
Truus
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2017, 5plus2017-read
5++ I don't know how to express this...this awesomeness

From the first sentence I was totally in and addicted. These are the sentences I crave for....every one.... read: e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e was captivating as hell...every line I absorbed and consumed like it was the best chocolate on earth.
For me it was an instant memorable read....an experience. I'm not exaggerating, it really felt this way...it was written in the best way possible...
It was funny so fucking funny I laughed out loud, at the same tim
Em
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh I never wanted this to end. So much still to learn about Caspian Hart!!!!!

Random review tangent:

I hesitate to link E. L. James with Alexis Hall, but I'm just going to go ahead and do it. As I read this story I kept thinking it reminded me of another book though the link remained illusive. Finally got it! How to Bang a Billionaire felt like an m/m version of the relationship Christian (50 Shades) might have had if the one with Anastasia failed.

stay with me.

In this completely fictional 4th
Amanda

A drop dead gorgeous billionaire who is a repressed Dom and after the whole damn book we still don't know anything about him beside being a repressed Dom? Oh yeah, sounds pretty familiar and pretty dark. But since this book had such a cheeky and blunt title call 'How To Bang a Billionaire', the little twist come in the form of wannabe submissive Arden St. Ives.

Arden is a English literature student volunteering to make cold calls to successful alumni hoping to get some generous donation.
River
May 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm still not sure if this book is supposed to be taken seriously or if it's supposed to be judged and laughed at.
I've read other books from Alexis Hall so I know she is a good writer, I was utterly confused by this book which is basically the MM adaptation of 50 shades of grey.
This is the story of a quirky, happy, confused about his future, oxford student Arden and the disturbed, closed off but with a huge heart billionare Caspian.
First I need to clarify that the book is not a carbon copy of 5
Debra
Review originally posted at Sinfully.

This is one of those books that’s going to have a distinct divide between loved it and hated it. Alexis Hall’s take on the broody, kinky, emotionally stunted billionaire-dom who is suddenly taken with the awkward college student, starts off seeming like a parody of Fifty Shades of Grey. The framework is there, with striking similarities to start, but after the first few chapters the parody feel was gone. It is still clearly a play on the familiar the
Gillian
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for Just Love

I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who was intrigued when it was announced that Alexis Hall had decided to tackle the most overused, overdone, and arguably, the most popular trope in romance – the bildom.

I mean, this is the person that made us believe that a successful doctor on the verge of 40 would gladly relinquish control of his body and his heart to a 19 year old short-order cook with problem skin in the award-winning For Real. He also the same author who made us
Vallie
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yowza baby! Billionaire romance with the quirky college kid?

Alexis Hall be like:

Yes, * cough *50 shades satire *cough*, this was EVERYTHING you want in a tortured-soul-billionaire-meets-fresh-faced-college-kid-with-kinky-inclinations romance.

First off, Arden. Dear me, that kid is in my bones now. I absolutely adored him. There’s something to be said about the bravery required in being yourself, especially when that might make you feel a little like an outsider. Arden has such a unique voice and
Krista
Mar 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF at 60%

I wanted to love this book so much. Based on the description, there was every indication that I was going to. But, once I got into it, I realized that there was one big thing that was wrong.

Caspian Hart is the biggest asshole "hero" I've ever read in any book. Ever.

I'm okay with the hero running hot and cold for a while. It gives the hero/ine a chance to prove that what they could have together is worth wading through all the bad stuff. But Caspian just runs cold all the time. There i
Lennan Adams
I'm an enormous fan of Alexis Hall. I adore everything he has ever written and this book is no different. I think Ardy might be my favorite AJH character ever, and that's saying a lot. He is so sort of young and unsure in such a believable way, but also so very willing to accept himself and the people around him. He's open and happy and just wonderful. Caspian really wars with his desires and Arden is basically like, umm why tho. It's just great. I can't wait to see the ways in which Caspian and ...more
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
Sigh........

DNF @ (view spoiler)

Here's the thing, while the author has lovely prose, because they do, just take Glitterland or Waiting for the Flood which are some of my all time favourite reads, and while this book had lovely prose.... it just didn't work for me.

Truth be told I feel very hit or miss with this author and TBH I feel that way with a lot of writers.
Readers are not going to love everything and that is just a fact.

So while I probably did no
Hollis
The most painful thing about Caspian Hart wasn't desiring him; it was liking him.

Which is basically what my experience with this book was. Except I neither desired nor liked it. But it was painful because I have just discovered this author and he has made me fall in love with his writing and his characters.. only to follow it up with this.

Part of me really hopes this whole series is like a big fuck you to FIFTY SHADES OF GREY in the sense that it's a polite but gently mocking homage done in a ga
Izzy
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aar-review, netgalley
Full review on http://allaboutromance.com/book-revie...

Rating A-

This review of How to Bang a Billionaire was difficult to write in terms of approach. Has Alexis Hall written an enjoyable, entertaining novel? Of course, he has. Has he written a pastiche of E.L. James’ Fifty Shades of Grey? I will leave that for you to decide when you have read this, the first in his Arden St. Ives trilogy. I think my response is clear in my review.

Do I approach this as a Romantic Comedy with elements of BDSM? The
Kristie
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

No, not my favorite from Alexis, but you can see why as my review posted on Just Love yesterday. Check it out...
Angie Elle
Apr 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm drawn to Alexis Hall's writing for reasons I don't understand. I haven't absolutely loved anything I've read from the author, but I can never resist the name when I see it on a book. This was more of the same - your standard billionaire 'I don't have time for a relationship but want convenient sex' book. (Except that I liked it a smidge more.) Nothing made it really stand out, but it was a decent read.
Pam/Peejakers (PJ Faste)
Okay, so, it’s official (if there was ever any doubt): I am crazy in love with this book!

It’s just delightful: Funny (hilarious, even), adorable, moving, and very, very sexy. All of it beautifully written, of course, and shot through with that emblematic poignancy that is, more than anything else, this author’s brand. His, um, Hallmark, you might say ;) And featuring a cast of intriguing and appealing characters, notably one of the most lovable protagonists you’re ever likely to meet on a page.
Joyfully Jay
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

How to Bang a Billionaire is the first book in Alexis Hall’s new Arden St. Ives series and I absolutely loved it. This one pretty much had me from “billionaire dom” to be honest. Interestingly, the dom/sub side of things doesn’t play prominently here in this first story. In fact, Caspian quite clearly is trying to keep that side of him at bay. Yet I was captivated nonetheless with this one from the very start.

First off, I have to say this story rests strongly on
damnit, liz
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Of course Alexis could pull off writing a romance featuring a super gorgeous, twenty-something billionaire and make it subversive. As you've likely heard, this is somewhat of a re-imagining of Fifty Shades of Gray, but with the things that put many people off of that book fixed. Just about every issue or character trait that made me uncomfortable in FSoG, AJH takes and does the opposite.

Arden may be the floundering, awkward, subby guy who is being pursued, but he's no blushing virgin. He knows h
Georgie
4.5 stars rounded up

Hall's characteristically brilliant writing applied to the most clichéd of tropes (billionaire falls for "ordinary" person), both sending the cliché up and transforming it. The first of three books, so it has a HFN ending. I really enjoyed this: subtle writing, nuanced characters, tender and sexy scenes, terrific dialogue - it's all there.

The first of the riffs Hall plays on the billionaire theme is, of course, that it's m/m not m/f. The second is that the scene showing the
Rohit
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, dnf
DNF@55%

I love-like Alexis' writing. It imbues with themes and styles in such an un-limp manner that the writing keeps you in awe, keeps you experiencing the love or the love-lost between the characters. Which to say the least, is a really big quality for me.

BUT...

And ladies, gents and genderqueers, there is a big, big

BUT...

This is so not a deep romance. It has ingredients for an un-horny disaster with two of the shallowest MCs I've read (I think ever, cos I never had a novel where I disliked bo
Bev
I'm quite proud of the fact that I know nothing, nada, zilch about Fifty Shades of Grey, books or films....so to see comments in other reviews about slight similarities between this story, by one of my favourite authors, and the poorly written load of garbage by Ms James, was just a little disconcerting and slightly worrying to me. Maybe some of what goes on in this story does mirror things in FSoG [I wouldn't know], but as Alexis always produces superior writing and he IS the reason I have a 'B ...more
Romancereader
MAJOR Spoiler: *Don't read review if you have not read the book*

until about 80% of this book I was loving it and ready to give it 5 stars despite never ending inner dialogue (skipped some). I thought the story was heading some where interesting and was thinking we might finally understand more about Caspian and his reasons for treating Arden so poorly.

Perhaps I was in denial about this(book is entertaining)but suddenly I realised towards the end that this is just 50 shades of grey and Caspian w
Kirmizi
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, y-ways-of-love
MOAR!

It might be just me that I am seeing things that are not there but this book is not just what it is on the surface. Yes it is still a billionaire romance story with all the usual tropes. But, there is also this..
Then my phone rang. I scrabbled for it and answered without even checking the caller ID.
“Yeah?”
“Arden, it’s—”
I sat up so fast I practically hit my head on the shelf over my bed. “Caspian.” God, I’d never expected…why was he…“How did you get this number?”
“I put my considerable resou
Cristal | Majority Marginalized
3.5 Stars

“Everything was worth it for the power to give Caspian Hart just a little bit of joy."

I have mixed feelings about How to Bang a Billionaire. Well, not about the title—that I love. I find the novel is a mixture of effervescence, sadness, and frustration. Alexis Hall played with my mood throughout this experience, and I’m not sure I appreciate that.

How to Bang a Billionaire (still love the title! :)) follows Arden, a twenty-year-old Oxford graduate and Caspian, the billionaire. With more
MaDoReader
May 11, 2017 marked it as dnf
No estoy de humor, definitivamente
Ariana
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a tricky one to rate for various reasons, but let’s start at the beginning.

As always Alexis Hall’s writing style, his sharp wit and sarcasm are reasons for whoops of delight and joy.
The title itself made me chuckle – I get the impression it was chosen with the aim to tease and provoke. The themes of the book are reminiscent of ‘50 Shades of Grey’ and ‘Pretty Woman’ after all:

Arden, a young, slightly immature and “lackadaisical” graduate meets Caspian, the gorgeous billionaire who see
Alexis Hall was born in the early 1980s and still thinks the 21st century is the future. To this day, he feels cheated that he lived through a fin de siècle but inexplicably failed to drink a single glass of absinthe, dance with a single courtesan, or stay in a single garret. He did the Oxbridge thing sometime in the 2000s and failed to learn anything of substance. He has had many jobs, including ...more
More about Alexis Hall...

Arden St. Ives (3 books)
  • How to Blow It with a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #2)
  • Arden St. Ives #3
“He was like a nearly-there Rubik's Cube - this sealed box, all perfect edges and matched-up colors, except for the occasional hopeless misalignment, a lost orange square and a yellow piece stuck in a corner. Though why I thought this made me the right person for him I have no idea.
I'd never solved one of those fuckers in my entire life.”
0 likes