Start by marking “How to Bang a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #1)” as Want to Read:
How to Bang a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #1)

How to Bang a Billionaire

(Arden St. Ives #1)

Rules are made to be broken . . .

If England had yearbooks, I'd probably be "Arden St. Ives: Man Least Likely to Set the World on Fire." So far, I haven't. I've no idea what I'm doing at Oxford, no idea what I'm going to do next and, until a week ago, I had no idea who Caspian Hart was. Turns out, he's brilliant, beautiful . . . oh yeah, and a billionaire.
Published April 16th 2017 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about How to Bang a Billionaire, please sign up.
Katerina Yes, I see it now, Elena ...

I will have it now. But it's not on Amazon as eBook, only paperback :(

Start your review of How to Bang a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #1)
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

This book is the gay 50 Shades. Except I actually liked it. And I actually liked the characters. And there were no inner goddesses.

This was a book I requested on a whim, I love MM and am always curious to read more. I'm not one for billionaire romances, or BDSM but for some reason this book called to me.

How to Bang A Billionaire is about Arden, an Oxford student soon to graduate with a literature degree. He volunteers for an alumni fundraiser and ends up talking on the phone to bil
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

I'm not ashamed to admit I liked the 50 Shades books....at the time. Would I like them now? Probably not. My tastes have changed considerably since my time with Anna and Christian.

But I like a good billionaire book as much as the next person....and that fact that it's an MM book, well even better.

I quite liked both Caspian and Arden. A lot. They had some great banter. I just wish we also got Caspian's POV. That little niggle aside, I can't complain much about this one at all.

Perh
Lyn
Audio - 3.5 Stars
Story - 3.5 Stars

I mostly enjoyed this story, but there wasn't much couple time. And I'm not just talking about sex. Arden and Caspian spend more time apart than together, but I think that's intentional since this is book 1.

I loved Arden. He is hilarious and so full of life. Caspian is the opposite. He is the broody, tortured soul. No idea why since we only get Arden's pov, but I'm guessing (hoping) that will be revealed in the next book.
Adam
I really didn't know what to expect when I started reading this book. I'd seen a few reviews comparing it to Fifty Shades of Grey, which made me nervous.

But I had no need to worry. Alexis Hall delivers once again - complex and interesting characters, some comedy, hot sex, and a sweet romance.

I immediately fell for Arden. He's the cute funny twink who has a habit of getting into trouble. He charmed the socks off me.

Caspian is, to put it bluntly, a dick. He's cold and aloof for the vast majority of the book. Yet in the second
Alisa
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I think what the author did here was fantastic. I loved this. I think though that this book is going to be one of those that divides readers. You're either going to love this or you're going to hate it.

This is a m/m reimaging of Fifty Shades of Gray. The overall plotline is the same. Twenty year old college student meets emotionally detached billionaire and they enter into a contract type of relationship. Arden is the narrator for the story and he's charming and funny and s
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

DNF @ 67%

ARGHHHHHHHHH

It's only so much you can take! Goodness, I really tried. I tried Alisa, oh pudding pop I tried. LOL.

I literally want to take a bat to ARDEN'S head and shut him the hell up. It was TOO MUCH internal monologuing. I liked the premise of the story and the reversal of the FSOG saga, but it was too much for me. Honestly, I read up to 67% and put up with alot. I couldn't deal with a few sentences of dialogue between Caspian & Arden, and then 5 long pages of internal yammering
Jan
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
**** 3.5 ****

See this pic??

I'm the one in the middle.
Got mixed feelings here. I liked Arden in the same proportions as I disliked Caspian Hart.

Arden(20) is a down-to-earth person. He's happy, passionate and sassy. A free spirit, honest, generous and possesses a trait that I love: he has no filter.
The "no filter" makes him a really singular and special character because you never know what will come out of his m
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2017, 5plus2017-read
The second time it was again... awesomeness !!
5++ I don't know how to express this...this awesomeness

From the first sentence I was totally in and addicted. These are the sentences I crave for....every one.... read: e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e was captivating as hell...every line I absorbed and consumed like it was the best chocolate on earth.
For me it was an instant memorable read....an experience. I'm not exaggerating, it really felt this way...it was written in the best way possible...
I
Hollis
The most painful thing about Caspian Hart wasn't desiring him; it was liking him.

Which is basically what my experience with this book was. Except I neither desired nor liked it. But it was painful because I have just discovered this author and he has made me fall in love with his writing and his characters.. only to follow it up with this.

Part of me really hopes this whole series is like a big fuck you to FIFTY SHADES OF GREY in the sense that it's a polite but gently mocking ho
Ariana
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4,5 stars*

Read for the third time August 2019

I enjoyed this as much as on my second reread. I got a much stronger sense of Caspian’s struggles, his inability to commit emotionally to pretty much everything and my heart ached for him.
It equally went out to Arden who couldn’t try harder for Caspian to be happy. Making him smile and lose control just a little bit increasingly become minor triumphs when they are together.

I still marvel at Arden’s decision to go back to Londo/>Read
Debra
Review originally posted at Sinfully.

This is one of those books that’s going to have a distinct divide between loved it and hated it. Alexis Hall’s take on the broody, kinky, emotionally stunted billionaire-dom who is suddenly taken with the awkward college student, starts off seeming like a parody of Fifty Shades of Grey. The framework is there, with striking similarities to start, but after the first few chapters the parody feel was gone. It is still clearly a play on the familiar theme, but Arden isn’t Anasta
Sam (AMNReader)
This book is so much like FSoG in that it's not at all like FSoG.

If you're an old friend you might realize that long ago, that series was what got me into romance and erotica. In my younger more astute years, what I read sat firmly in the literary fiction section. There were never 6 packs on the cover, or embracing overwrought couples in coordinated clothing. I read a lot. Then...I had a child. My idea of reading became parenting boards and blogs and books so that I could do everythi
DarienMoya

I enjoyed this book a lot, and I’m a little obsessed with Arden and Caspian. High Key it’s very 50 shades of grey but less rapey ridiculous. On to book 2.
Eugenia
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook September 2019: Joel Leslie ROCKS THE FUCK out of this book!! 5+++
I still want to slap Caspian upside the head. I still ADORE Arden, and I still want to hug Ellory! I waited on this audiobook until I could binge on the trilogy!!!

Original ebook review April 2017:
I LOVED THIS BOOK!

And now comes the dreadful wait for the next book. I'm seriously addicted to Alexis Hall and to the characters he created in this glorious book of his.

Here we meet the very/>I
River
May 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm still not sure if this book is supposed to be taken seriously or if it's supposed to be judged and laughed at.
I've read other books from Alexis Hall so I know she is a good writer, I was utterly confused by this book which is basically the MM adaptation of 50 shades of grey.
This is the story of a quirky, happy, confused about his future, oxford student Arden and the disturbed, closed off but with a huge heart billionare Caspian.
First I need to clarify that the book is not a carb
Krista
Mar 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF at 60%

I wanted to love this book so much. Based on the description, there was every indication that I was going to. But, once I got into it, I realized that there was one big thing that was wrong.

Caspian Hart is the biggest asshole "hero" I've ever read in any book. Ever.

I'm okay with the hero running hot and cold for a while. It gives the hero/ine a chance to prove that what they could have together is worth wading through all the bad stuff. But Caspian just runs co
Amanda

A drop dead gorgeous billionaire who is a repressed Dom and after the whole damn book we still don't know anything about him beside being a repressed Dom? Oh yeah, sounds pretty familiar and pretty dark. But since this book had such a cheeky and blunt title call 'How To Bang a Billionaire', the little twist come in the form of wannabe submissive Arden St. Ives.

Arden is a English literature student volunteering to make cold calls to successful alumni hoping to get
BWT (Belen)

This is the story of funny but flailing Oxford student, Arden St. Ives, and the enigmatic billionaire he falls in love with...but will closed off Caspian Hart be able to return Arden's love? With some (I think) tongue in cheek nods to Fifty Shades of Grey, although thankfully much better written, this has plenty of laughs, mostly at Arden's expense, without becoming silly about it.

While I found it funny, certainly witty, and I appreciated even though Arden was head over heels with Caspian he di
Gillian
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for Just Love

I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who was intrigued when it was announced that Alexis Hall had decided to tackle the most overused, overdone, and arguably, the most popular trope in romance – the bildom.

I mean, this is the person that made us believe that a successful doctor on the verge of 40 would gladly relinquish control of his body and his heart to a 19 year old short-order cook with problem skin in the award-winning For Real. He also
Em Wittmann
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
re-read 11/14.
I wasn't so rushed reading this a second time & I enjoyed every bit of it all over again. I love Arden's sense of humor and it's so easy to see why Caspian falls so hard for him. He's awesome.

____________________________________________________

Oh I never wanted this to end. So much still to learn about Caspian Hart!!!!!

Random review tangent:

I hesitate to link E. L. James with Alexis Hall, but I'm just going to go ahead and do it. As I read this story I ke/>
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I think the core of the story was there for me - I just found it hard to deal with the constant analogies and references. It kept pulling me out of the story for the sheer volume of things that were compared to, referenced against, or kind of pithily joked about- it makes for a complicated read and I found it mentally exhausting instead of exhilarating. Sometimes I just wanted things to be. Instead to be like - if that makes any sense.

Arden's internal (OMG SAVE ME from a reader POV) stru
Rhosyo's BookWorm
Arden Saint Ives is one of my favourite heroes of all! He is my 21st century Lizzie Bennet.
Just as CS Pacat was the best from last year discoveries, Alexis Hall is by far the best author I've read in this one.

To all possible readers of this amazing story that are afraid of the Billdom romance stereotype, know that these books will immerse you in a world you'll first think you know to then be surprise with a very refreshing and open-minded view of this Classic Love Story.
To all the ones that l
Vallie
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yowza baby! Billionaire romance with the quirky college kid?

Alexis Hall be like:

Yes, * cough *50 shades satire *cough*, this was EVERYTHING you want in a tortured-soul-billionaire-meets-fresh-faced-college-kid-with-kinky-inclinations romance.

First off, Arden. Dear me, that kid is in my bones now. I absolutely adored him. There’s something to be said about the bravery required in being yourself, especially when that might make*50
Ula'ndi Hart
UPDATE - 2018.01.17 - So I just heard a little bird chirp about an Audio version for this book! YEAH ME! But then, the little bird also told me who the narrator is..... I might be in one of my moods, but I’m not impressed about it at all.

Why would you get someone who sounds 60 and up to read a book where your MC’s are both UNDER 30???? I’m sorry if I’m being a B+*&% here people but really??

What exactly is the fascination with this narrator about? Yes, he reads really well but again! He has an OLD
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.1 Stars

Not my favorite by Alexis Hall, but still enjoyable.

I was worried at first because I wasn't all that impressed with the narration (Joel Leslie is so hit-or-miss for me); he does amazing accents but I was blown away by the voice acting in both Glitterland & For Real...and JL's performance doesn't usually rise to that level for me. It still didn't in this instance BUT at some point I started to love his portrayal of Arden, if nothing else. He does that type of OTT dramatic character extremely well
Dia
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
Sigh........

DNF @ (view spoiler)

Here's the thing, while the author has lovely prose, because they do, just take Glitterland or Waiting for the Flood which are some of my all time favourite reads, and while this book had lovely prose.... it just didn't work for me.

Truth be told I feel very hit or miss with this author and TBH I feel that way with a lot of writers.
Readers are not going to love everything and that is just a fact.

So while I probably did n
Joyfully Jay
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jay
Updated for audiobook review
Read Jay’s audio review in its entirety here.

A Joyfully Jay review.

How to Bang a Billionaire is the first book in Alexis Hall’s new Arden St. Ives series and I absolutely loved it. This one pretty much had me from “billionaire dom” to be honest. Interestingly, the dom/sub side of things doesn’t play prominently here in this first story. In fact, Caspian quite clearly is trying to keep that side of him at bay. Yet I was captivated nonetheless with this on/>A
Lennan Adams
I'm an enormous fan of Alexis Hall. I adore everything he has ever written and this book is no different. I think Ardy might be my favorite AJH character ever, and that's saying a lot. He is so sort of young and unsure in such a believable way, but also so very willing to accept himself and the people around him. He's open and happy and just wonderful. Caspian really wars with his desires and Arden is basically like, umm why tho. It's just great. I can't wait to see the ways in which Caspian and ...more
Izzy
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aar-review, netgalley
Full review on http://allaboutromance.com/book-revie...

Rating A-

This review of How to Bang a Billionaire was difficult to write in terms of approach. Has Alexis Hall written an enjoyable, entertaining novel? Of course, he has. Has he written a pastiche of E.L. James’ Fifty Shades of Grey? I will leave that for you to decide when you have read this, the first in his Arden St. Ives trilogy. I think my response is clear in my review.

Do I approach this as a Romantic Comedy with elements of BDSM? There are

• Work for It (Just for Him, #4)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Gilded Cage (Lilywhite Boys #2)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • Rocket Science
  • Raze (Riven, #3)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Secrets & Lies
  • Now You See Me
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Flash Rip
  • Power Play
  • Wicked Lies Boys Tell
  • Deal Maker (Mixed Messages, #2)
  • Adam Only (Those Other Books #2)
  • Henri (Confessions, #5)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities, #1-7)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
  • Once Upon a Time (Calluvia's Royalty, #3)
  • Rend (Riven, #2)
  • Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)
  • The Rat-Catcher's Daughter (Lilywhite Boys, #0.5)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers #2)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Bitter Heat (Heat of Love #3)
  • Their Boy (The Game, #2)
  • Top Secret
Genrequeer writer of kissing books.

Arden St. Ives (3 books)
  • How to Blow It with a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #2)
  • How to Belong with a Billionaire (Arden St. Ives, #3)
“He was like a nearly-there Rubik's Cube - this sealed box, all perfect edges and matched-up colors, except for the occasional hopeless misalignment, a lost orange square and a yellow piece stuck in a corner. Though why I thought this made me the right person for him I have no idea.
I'd never solved one of those fuckers in my entire life.”
6 likes
“If you were mine, I'd want to make you feel safe and I'd make sure you never forget the extraordinary man you are.” 4 likes