Start by marking “Unleashed” as Want to Read:
Unleashed

Unleashed

Dogs are in their natural element when they are playing outdoors. Pet photographer Amanda Jones captures this unbridled joy perfectly in her latest collection of photographs. Set against the backdrop of four distinct seasons—each with its own color palette and lush backdrops—these dogs are clearly having their favorite days in their favorite places. This handsome book show ...more
Published April 25th 2017 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Unleashed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unleashed

Carmen
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People Who Love Dogs
DOGS! Great book full of dogs outdoors doing fun things.

Diane
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful book full of joyous photos of dogs enjoying the outdoors throughout the entire year. It's divided into seasons. The only text is the dog's name, breed, and location. The dogs are chasing leaves, swimming, enjoying the snow and the tall grass, and, of course, digging in the dirt. They're going about the happy job of being dogs. You can't help but smile when looking at these photos. This is a very happy book.
⋟Kimari⋞
I'm currently dogless, much to my dismay. To remedy this lack, I've spent many an afternoon watching other people's doggos playing at the dog beach or park. Nothing can compare with a happy pup. Mary Oliver's poem from Dog Songs pretty much sums up what I was hoping for in Unleashed.
IF YOU ARE HOLDING THIS BOOK

You may not agree, you may not care, but
if you are holding this book you should know
that of all the sights I love in this world—
and there are plenty—very near the top of
the list is this on
Pamela
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
The perfect coffee table book for a dog lover like myself! This is a collection of dog photographs, featuring dogs enjoying life in the natural world. They run, jump, swim and dig in the sand. The photos are divided into four sections, corresponding to the four seasons, with appropriate scenery for the season as backgrounds.

I really appreciated that there are no 'cute' or clever captions - each photo has simply the dog's name, breed and place photographed. This keeps the focus on the photos them
Keri
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I can't see how anyone could look at these amazing pictures and not smile. It will definitely be on my coffee table for others to enjoy. I especially loved how the author splits the book into different seasons and how she labels the picture with the dogs name, breed and place of photograph. I especially loved Brandee in Boulder, CO during the Spring, SO beautiful!

I received this book for free from Chronicle Books in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!
Denise
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, giveaway
I recently received a free copy of this book through a giveaway sponsored by Chronicle Books and it did not influence my review. I appreciate the fact that the author did not dress up the dogs featured in her book. As the title indicates, these dogs are off their leashes. I also like she included mixed breed dogs in this photo essay. This is well done book and I look forward to sharing it with my grandchildren.
Donan Nealon
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful book. There are four sections, one for each season and lots of charming photos. While there is a brief introduction written by the photographer to explain her concept for the book, the rest of the book is simply photos of different dogs in different natural environments across the US. I imagine this would be a delightful book for any dog lover!
PunkRockLibrarian
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
I enjoyed looking through this book, especially with my almost 7 year old son that loves dogs! We definitely had a lot of laughs looking at the precocious pups playing!

Thank you, Chronicle Books for the copy of this awesome book via LibraryThing!
Karen
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I won this book in a GoodReads giveaway. The pictures were super cool, but this is not something I would have bought on my own. I wish there had been some bios about the dogs or some quotes or something to make this more than just a book of pictures.
Anna
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dog, nonfiction
Beautiful
Miss Ryoko
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful book! The pictures are gorgeous and really fun! Great to capture dogs just having fun and enjoying the outdoors!
Terri
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Pictures about dogs. The backgrounds were great.
Kelly
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A book full of happy, carefree dogs. Amazing photos!
Robyn Haynes
Oct 04, 2018
Kelly
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Floofing Good Fun

(Full disclosure: I received a free copy of this book for review through Library Thing's Early Reviewers program.)

Pet photographer Amanda Jones has released several books of canine photography, but Unleashed represents a bit of a departure. Here she says au revoir to the studio, instead capturing her doggo subjects out and about in the wild: retrieving sticks, chasing balls, clowning around with friends, catching some rays beachside, and stopping to smell the roses (errr, hydran
Allison Cusher
Suzie S
May 08, 2017
Chris
Jul 08, 2017
Amanda Jones began her photography career in 1992 after graduating with a degree in Cinema and Photography from Ithaca College in Ithaca, NY.

In 1994, Amanda began photographing dogs in Maine after her best friend brought home Ruby, a yellow Labrador Retriever puppy.

Ruby was Amanda's first model and inspiration for pursuing a career working with dogs. Amanda has been photographing dogs and cats for