Start by marking “X-Men '92 Vol. 2: Lilapalooza” as Want to Read:
X-Men '92 Vol. 2: Lilapalooza

X-Men '92 Vol. 2: Lilapalooza (X-Men '92 (Collected Editions) #2)

2.99  ·  Rating details ·  96 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The X-Men are working security at LILAPALOOZA - Westchester's biggest festival! But just because they're security, doesn't mean they stop being TARGETS! Guest-starring: THE FLAMING LIPS, TOADIES AND LILA CHENEY! COLLECTING: X-MEN '92 (2016) 6-10
Published May 2nd 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about X-Men '92 Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Men '92 Vol. 2

Paul E. Morph
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
This reads like fan-fiction... and not good fan-fiction either. That being said, there were a few moments that made me chuckle, but I'm putting that down to the stopped clock being right twice a day. You might get more out of this if you were a fan of the cartoon (I wasn't).
Chad
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
A fun rehash of the kooky 90's X-Men. And hey you can't go all wrong with an a team-up with Death's Head. The Poochie of the X-Men, Adam-X also makes an appearance.
Bill
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it
A fun read for longtime fans of the X-Men (and Marvel in general), with some great cameos from supporting characters and real-life bands. However, that's also the problem -- it feels like they are trying to get every possible X-Men character into the story somehow, even if it means ditching plotlines and rushing through to a conclusion that's a bit too much like that of the first volume.
Daniel Butcher
May 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: marvel
So so much going on that it becomes a hot mess and has character changes that makes me miss the classic cartoon as this lacks the charm.
Adam Fisher
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The 90's nostalgia pushes this comic higher and higher for me. In the 90's, I not only watched the cartoon, but also was reading most of the X-Books weekly at the comic shop. Such a great time for X-Men comics...
The story her spirals a bit out of control, but so fun at the same time. Lila Chaney is hosting a music festival (feat. The Flaming Lips and The Toadies!). When Fabian Cortez shows up and amplifies her power, she unwittingly teleports the X-Men to an alien world where there are mutant Br
Lee
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming short run that I wouldn't have minded see go longer. It did tell a complete story and not every series gets that.

The only quibble I have is that with the fast pace and dedication to a more tongue-in-cheek tone that there wasn't hardly any emotional depth to the characters. If you hadn't already known them/cared about them, you wouldn't find yourself feeling an emotional connection to them after this series.

Ultimately I did enjoy the take on my childhood though.
Jolinda
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel-comic
Solid performance all the way through, and then... issue 10. I know it was an unexpectedly wrapped up storyline and that's why it was so rushed and deus ex machina, but I hate rushed and deus ex machina storylines. Sorry, X-Men '92, but I had to take off a star rating because of the horridness of the last issue. Would have been four stars, downgraded to 3. Recommended reading anyway, especially if you liked the first volume, but be prepared to hate the final issue.
Will Robinson Jr.
Jun 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Okay this book shows signs that we are moving into the low point of the graphic collections for Marvel. What began as a great book for Marvel comics fans has now become a rushed mess of book with many great ideas and a lot of wasted characters. I grew up watching X-men: The animated series from Fox and in some ways that show along with Batman: the animated series, Spider-man: The animated series and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles got me into comics. I was a big fan of the X-men whether in comics, ...more
Matt
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Collects X-Men '92 (2016) issues #6-10

I get the feeling that the creators knew the book was being cancelled, because this collection felt like a mess at times. Volume #1 had the charm of the original animated series, but this volume felt rushed and lacked the fun of past issues. I don't know if they scrambled to wrap up all of their stories, or if they had run out of good stories to tell, but by the end, I was ready for the series to be done.
Dan
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Damn shame they had to cut it short. Hopefully Chad and Chris get another chance to revisit Marvel's Merry Mutants soon.
Megan
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5
Kirsten
A fun read, but not has good as volume 1.
Melissa
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
read as single issues
Jessie B.
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic, satire, superheros
Fun but not as good as the first two
Fatima
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
The best line in this book was "I always wondered what yout kept in these pouches." *died* These random references is why I will miss this book.
Robert
Straight up DNF. So much happening all at once all the time, it's like watching 5 episodes of the 90s cartoon while sorting your Marvel cards all at once. Just couldn't keep at it.
Ciruli
Oct 27, 2017
Bruno Oliveira
Dec 03, 2017
Ashley Howland
Apr 08, 2018
Alex Sarll
After the wonky volume 1, this is more like it - big and ridiculous in all the right ways, with guest appearances by the likes of Adam X and Death's Head. Though even the latter is not immune to the poor editing which besets the first couple of issues, initially ending most of his sentences 'yes!' rather than 'yes?', and thus coming off uncharacteristically perky. Other surprising character inclusions: a version of Doop who has hair, and the Flaming Lips.
John Smith
May 21, 2018
Robert Moore
Jun 20, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Chris Sims has played roleplaying games for 30 years, and he has helped produce games for nearly 10. Before he laired in the Seattle exurbs, he was an editor/designer at Wizards of the Coast. There, he worked Duel Masters, Dungeons & Dragons, and Magic: The Gathering.
More about Chris Sims

X-Men '92 (Collected Editions) (3 books)
  • X-Men '92 Vol. 0: Warzones!
  • X-Men '92 Vol. 1: World is a Vampire