Start by marking “The Secret Room (Zoe Goldman, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Secret Room (Zoe Goldman, #3)

The Secret Room

(Zoe Goldman #3)

Her patients are dying. Some are apparent suicides and others possible accidents, but rumors are flying that Dr. Zoe Goldman is an angel of death-intentionally helping hopeless cases go to a "better place"-or, worse yet, a dangerously incompetent doctor.

As a new psychiatry fellow at the local correctional facility, Zoe is still learning the ropes while watching her back to
Audiobook, Unabridged
Published August 29th 2017 by Grand Central Publishing (first published April 18th 2017)

Diane S ☔
3.5 A very intriguing premise for this series. Dr. Zoe, serving her fellowship at a local forensic hospital. She has a very interesting back story, in fact her sister, is a prisoner at this same facility. Patients are dying, patients thought to be stable, and they all happen to be Zoe's patients.

So many things are happening in this book that serves to make the pace a very quick one. It is an entertaining it book but I felt it was too cluttered, to much was happening at the same time. In her pers
Sue
THE SECRET ROOM is the third installment in Zoe Goldman series by Sandra Block. Having read the first two: The Girl Without a Name and Little Black Lies, and really enjoying them, I was eager to start this novel. I recommend reading all the books in sequence to understand the background on Dr. Zoe Goldman.

We first meet Dr. Zoe Goldman, a psychiatry resident at a Buffalo, N.Y., hospital, In her debut novel, Little Black Lies. She suffers from ADHD, and a and a troubled past. Her biological mother
Mary Beth *Traveling Sister*

I won this in a book giveaway and decided to read the first two books in the series first, since this is a series. I already reviewed the first book and will be reviewing the second book later on today. I am already half way through this book and will be reviewing this as soon as I get finished. I am really loving this series.
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
I read The Girl Without a Name the previous book in the series two years ago and really liked it and was thrilled to get The Secret Room to read. I haven't read Little Black Lies, but this book deals with what happened in that book by having Zoe's sister in the story. And, that's a subject that intrigued me very much and one some levels did I find it more interesting than the main story about the prisoners that dies. I guess the troubled relationship Zoe has with her sister just fascinates me mo ...more
Maha
It’s a thin line between sanity and madness. But it’s also the line between being malicious and being victim. And in The Secret Room, we wonder where this line lies.  is the third installment in Zoe Goldman series by Sandra Block.

Zoe Goldman is a psychiatrist at the local correctional facility. She had had her own share of bad events in the past installments and in her life is just coming back together. Having a job that she likes, a loving boyfriend and a career to look forward to, the past is
Judy Collins
Sandra Block returns following: The Girl Without a Name and Little Black Lies, with her latest Zoe Goldman installment THE SECRET ROOM Psychologically rich full of intrigue, suspense, chills, twists, and action.

From strong imaginations, darkness, metaphors, comics, dual personalities, magic pills, obsessions, a secret room, to depersonalization. When a patient thinks they are not real, somehow like fake humans in this world.

In Little Black Lies, we met Dr. Zoe Goldman, a Yale graduate
Paula  Phillips
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lately, I have found myself in the mood for reading mystery and thriller type novels, and it's a good thing since there has been an influx lately of good ones. An author whom I had read previously and enjoyed Sandra Block has a new one out at the end of April and thanks to Netgalley; I got an early copy. Zoe Goldman is a psych doctor doing her residency at a prison where her biological sister is also held for killing their biological mother and trying to kill Zoe and her sibling. It seems though ...more
Laura Rash
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sandra Block has created a unique character with Zoe Goldman. A psychiatry fellow with her own issues makes for interesting stories. This is the 3rd in the series & I love the continuation.
Tiffy
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wish-list
Read this in a mere 24hrs. Love this series. Hope there’s another one soon for me to devour.
Piepie
I loved the previous two Zoe Goldman books, and I really liked this one. I read it in a matter of hours ... I was riveted!!

Dr. Zoe Goldman is one hot mess ... but she's in love with her boyfriend and her dog and enjoys spending time with her "hacker/barista" brother Scotty. She has family drama of her own, not the least of which is that her crazy half-sister, Sofia, is back and that her patients are mysteriously dying. I don't like how the author made Zoe pregnant (honestly, isn't she enough of
Jeanie
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Let it all fade away. Everything. Every problem, evil texters, evil sisters. Probation. Patients who rely on you until you fail them. Apricots you don't even deserve.

Zoe has a plate full. With her patients being killed mysteriously in the penitentiary and texts that arrive in riddles, Zoe must find out who is behind the texts to protect her patients. She suspects her sister Sophie is behind the texts but all her sister wants from her is her forgiveness as she is doing time for the murder of her
Glen
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: firstreads, mystery
I won an ARC of this book in a goodreads drawing.

It's not too often that there's a series of psychological suspense novels. I guess Zoe Goldman is an exception. She's a prison psychiatrist, with a very strange background, and she has a psychotic sister who tried to kill her more than once, now incarcerated at the prison where she works.

Goldman's patients are dying. She's in danger of getting fired, and even losing her license. Plus, it seems somebody is trying to kill her. She has to get to the
Amanda
Zoe Goldman is working as a psychiatry fellow at the local correctional facility, spending her days tending to the mental health of the prisoners, ignoring the catcalls, spit and threats from the cells, and attempting to get her coin-obsessed supervisor Dr "Nowhere" to actually give her any feedback on her patients. When her patients start dying, and she starts receiving threatening text messages, Zoe becomes convinced that someone is targeting her patients to get to her, and sets out to figure ...more
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
**Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary ARC of THE SECRET ROOM in exchange for my honest review**

Dr Zoe Goldman is doing her psychiatric fellowship in a prison when her patients begin to die of mysterious circumstances. She suspects Sofia, her sister and an inmate jailed for trying to kill Zoe.

THE SECRET ROOM is Sandra Block's third Zoe Goldman novel. I recommend reading them in order, though each can also be read as a stand alone story.

I'm a psychologist and a stickler
Savanah Rae
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Albert
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Secret Room by Sandra Block is book #3 in the Zoe Goldman series and in this tale you can see the talent and depth of Block as she weaves another mystery of emotional, mental, and physical drama. Zoe Goldman is a terrific character and perhaps one of her more endearing qualities is that is as far from the caricature of a heroine or detective as one can get.

"...Aubrey is silent then and finally answers with an embarrassed nod. Maloney snickers, and Destiny pats her arm. 'You want to rest in t
Lynn
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Zoe Goldman is a psychiatrist at a prison. She begins to run into problems when a patient commits suicide, it won't be the last death on Zoe's watch. She starts receiving creepy, threatening texts from an unknown number. Police can't trace the sender as the phone is a burner. With the warden doubting her abilities and off her own meds, Zoe is overwhelmed. But there's more to come.

The Secret Room is a good read if you're in the mood for a little darkness. Zoe's character seems true to life an
Kari
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, for-review, kindle
The Secret Room is the third book featuring Zoe Goldman, Forensic Psychiatrist. This time around, she is finally working on her fellowship at the prison. Patients of hers seem to keep dying and things are looking suspicious. This was a welcome addition to the series.

I loved this installment. I read it in pretty much one sitting. Zoe has been a favorite main character of mine. I love a flawed character and Zoe has lots of flaws. But, she is also smart and resourceful. I love her drive to find ou
Nicole
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the Zoe Goldman books and The Secret Room did not disappoint! I love a smartly written book, and Sandra Block's dialogue absolutely sings. I found myself frantically turning pages as the chapters peeled off, and staying up way past my bedtime to finish. 5 enthusiastic stars!
Jill
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series, and Zoe's character. I would have given it a 5, except some parts were so dark that I had to put the book down for a bit - which certainly added to the suspense - but detracted a little from my enjoyment. And how many incompetent supervisors can one doctor have?
Tamara
Review to come closer to pub date.

Quick thoughts:

Zoe is an interesting and quirky character. I enjoy getting deeper into her character with each book.

This book has a few storylines that are twisting around Zoe: her patients are dying- is she killing them? Or is someone using her patients to send a message?

Zoe also has other things on her mind- it's the first holiday season without her mom and her sister, Sophia, is still making trouble.

If you've enjoyed other Zoe books, you'll enjoy this one.
David Benefry
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Neurological Adventure

Sandra Block is part of an exclusive conglomerate, being both a practicing neurologist and a writer who can weave her personal experience into her stories. Her ability to translate her personal knowledge onto paper is quite remarkable, something quite apparent with the third book in Zoe Goldman series, titled The Secret Room.

Zoe Goldman is a doctor and a new psychiatry fellow at a correctional facility, still getting used to the scene. However, soon an unscrupulous rumour
OpenBookSociety.com

ISBN: 9781478916253
Author Website: http://www.sandraablock.com
Brought to you by OBS Reviewer jerjen

Synopsis:

Her patients are dying. Some are apparent suicides and others possible accidents, but rumors are flying that Dr. Zoe Goldman is an angel of death-intentionally helping hopeless cases go to a “better place”-or, worse yet, a dangerously incompetent doctor.

As a new psychiatry fellow at the local correcti
Morgan Myers
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book not aware that it was part of a series. Fortunately, it's a great stand-alone book and you don't need knowledge of the previous 2. Unfortunately, that means I probably won't go back and read the previous two because I have knowledge of what probably happened.

Further proving that it can work on its own, this was probably the best thriller/psychological suspense novel I've read all year thus far. I hadn't even heard of it before landing on it at the bookstore. It was a page-t
Sharon
Grand Central Publishing and NetGalley provided me with an electronic copy of The Secret Room. I was under no obligation to review this book and my opinion is freely given.

Dr. Zoe Goldman has been doing her forensic psychiatry fellowship at the Buffalo Correctional Facility, trying her best to help the inmates with various psychological issues. Having lost two patients in the last six months, one to suicide and one of an overdose, the warden is none too pleased with Zoe and her methods. Zoe is c
Ginni
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Zoe Goldman is the Nancy Drew of psychiatrists. She's doing her time as a fellow at a local prison, living her life, walking her dog, occasionally getting stabbed by psychopaths...all the stuff you would expect. She seems to know her stuff, but when her patients start dying under sketchy circumstances, Zoe feels compelled to clear her name.

The Secret Room being the third in a series, it contains significant spoilers about the first two books. This makes it easy for new readers to jump in, but wi
Vicki Carbone
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Secret Room is the third book in the Zoe Goldman series. While each can stand alone, they do build upon each other in terms of character development, so I would strongly recommend readers choosing to read the entire series. You won't be sorry. The Secret Room is amazing. So good, in fact, that I found myself rationing the amount I allowed myself to read. I simply didn't want it to end. Zoe has accepted a fellowship at a prison in Buffalo, a prison where her biological sister, Sofia, is incar ...more
Heather
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
*I won this book from a Goodreads first-reads giveaway

Zoe Goldman is a psychiatric fellow at the Buffalo Correctional Facility. Her patients are all criminals and since she started her fellowship, they have been ending up dead from suicides to apparent overdoses. Zoe is feeling tremendous guilt because she swears her patients were not suicidal.

Suddenly, she starts getting texts from an unknown number that call her the Angel of Death and giving her riddles on who may be targeted next, giving Zoe
Carmen
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I recently enjoyed reading The Secret Room by Sandra Block. This is a sneaky little gem of a story and while the mystery plays out, there are additional layers of mystery as the reader tries to decide who is friend and who is foe. Clearly, all is not as it seems on the surface. One is a foe, or is she? Another is simply an annoyance... or perhaps he's far more dangerous than he appears? At any rate, this cloak and dagger story lands you at the final page with full on Agatha Christie wonder, neve ...more
Victoria Colotta
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
THE SECRET ROOM is a completely absorbing mystery filled with suspense, twists, turns, and a bit of psychiatry on the side. I couldn’t put the book down. From beginning to the final pages, the tension gradually built up until the big reveal at the end. Some of you may see it coming and others may not, but the ride the reader takes with Zoe is beyond enjoyable.

Full disclosure, I had no idea that this book was part of series. I loved it so much and when I figured out that there were two books bef
  • Weapon of Choice
  • Type N (Type N, #1)
  • Labor of Love: A Midwife's Memoir
  • What Came First
  • Claiming Noah
  • Bad Moon (Kat Campbell #2)
  • North Slope
  • The Last Clinic (Darla Cavannah Mysteries, #1)
  • You Disappear
  • The Yankee Club (A Jake and Laura Mystery, #1)
  • Fallen Five (The Lightkeepers, #3)
  • Sleep
  • The Outcast: a modern retelling of The Scarlet Letter

Zoe Goldman (3 books)
  • Little Black Lies (Zoe Goldman, #1)
  • The Girl Without a Name (Zoe Goldman, #2)