Start by marking “The Nuts: Keep Rolling!” as Want to Read:
The Nuts: Keep Rolling!

The Nuts: Keep Rolling!

Hazel Nut and Wally Nut's playtime roll down a muddy hill turns into a hilarious chase when they get covered in so much muck that they get bigger... and bigger... until they're big as ELEPHANTS! Can anyone help get the Nuts back down to size? Eric Litwin offers an upbeat and inspiring message: What do you do when you roll into trouble? Keep rolling!

In the third book of the
Published April 18th 2017 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Nuts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nuts

Cassaundra
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime
I channeled my inner "Tina Turner" to add fun to this wonderful read-aloud! The Nut family adventures are a favorite with my story time groups!
Alyssa Tabor
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute storytime book! Again, in the tradition of Pete the Cat. Bright, colorful pictures.
Mama Bibliosoph
Hazel and Wally are nuts who are sick of being small. So they roll down a muddy hill, getting bigger and muddier as they go. Simple words to describe size (big, small, tall, etc.) are introduced and repeated. There's an easy refrain to sing: "Keep rolling. Keep rolling. Keep rolling."

As our nutty heroes get bigger, their size is compared to the sizes of cats, dogs, and elephants. The suggestive placement of branches and leaves and twigs cause a dog to chase them thinking they are "cats," a dog-c
Kelly Carey
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another book from the author of the original Pete the Cat books, and it looks like he is creating a new series about nuts. This one has a simple song, perhaps a bit too simple. Overall, I prefer Pete the Cat and Groovy Joe.
Renee
Another win for Eric Litwin. Hazel and Wally Nut want to be bigger, so they start rolling and picking up mud that changes their size. When they get bigger, they appear to be cats, then dogs, and then elephants, which brings about its own challenges.

Great for PreK or Toddler Story Class.
Jillian
May 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
The "song" didn't do a whole lot for me. But at least the illustrations were cute, and the story was a silly one that kids will like. Except that the author tried to shoehorn a lesson in at the very end that didn't really fit with the rest of the book.
Miss Kate Reads
This book has that musical and lyrical quality that kids really enjoy. I'm sure that parents will be sick of singing "Keep Rolling" after they have to read this for the 17th time but I think this will be favorite read aloud for little ones. The illustrations are charming too.
June
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*** This review is for the Vox (talking books) edition**
A great choice for storytimes, my grandchildren loved this book! The illustrations are bright and colorful. The song refrain used throughout is a catchy tune and the narrator does a terrific job.
Evan
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This story is kind of weird- why would acorns roll themselves in mud to grow in size? Don't know. The message is good though: Keep rolling! "And that family was happy, even though they were small. Because when you have each other, then you have it all."
Miss Sarah
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
The nut children are trying to get bigger by rolling in dirt and mud and building their size. great refrain for kids to sing a long with an fun pictures. love the message of family at the end. right toddler group and up
Michele Knott
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fun book in the series. Young readers will like singing along to this one, as well. Be sure to listen to Eric Litwin and friends read and sing this story on his website.
SB
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seriously love this series! Such fun for everyone!
Roberta Surface
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cara Byrne
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Hazel and Wally are nuts that grow in size due to mud. "Keep rolling" a library storytime read.
Kathryn
Jun 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
What even??!!! Please tell me the author was high af when he wrote this because otherwise I've got nothing.
Heather Jo
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: meggie-list
Lauri Meyers
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The same characters as the first book but no nut puns and not quite as sweet. Still cute surprises make it a delight.
Ama
The magic that is Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes is not present in this tale.
Katie
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The song was meh, but the illustrations are cute!
Allison
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: preschool
A great illustrator match for Eric Litwin's silly singing story
Linda Atkinson
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like this way better than Pete.
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Short and sweet. Good mix of rhyme and prose. Book matter includes names of editor and designer.
Lynn
Nov 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Another "nutty" book with a fun message.

Focus group arriving in a few days and I'll see what they think of it ;-) Usually can't go wrong with stories about mud with small boys.
Joy Lane
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-storytime-0-5
The audio on line is great.
Love the back-up band!

Melissa McAlvey
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I really love Eric Litwin, but this one didn't do much for me
MaryLibrarianOH
Fun ode to kids who want to grow too fast. Lots of repetition so kids can get involved in the story if read aloud.
Ms.Gaye
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun, rhythmic and repetitive, with bright illustrations. Great for storytime. Ages 3-6
Vicki
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture
I love how this book is about family, sizes and animals. A catchy refrain can be sung-this seems to be the best "Nuts" book yet. The illustrations are whimsical.
Roberta
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got this book from the amazon prime books for kids about two months ago. I read it to my son and he loved it. Nice little story about sibling nuts that want to be bigger.
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has lots of repeated elements and you could roll your arms for when the nuts are rolling. Cute!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Eric Litwin (Mr. Eric) is a guitar strumming, book writing, harmonica blowing, song singing, folksy, fun type of guy. He is the # 1 New York Times Best Selling author of the first four Pete the Cat picture books and the author of the new musical series The Nuts. Eric's books have sold over 1.5 million copies, been translated into seven languages and won 15 state and national awards including a The ...more