Start by marking “VIP: Battle of the Bands” as Want to Read:
VIP: Battle of the Bands

VIP: Battle of the Bands

(VIP #2)

Mackenzie "Mac" Lowell is living a dream come true on tour with her favorite boy band. Spending time on the road with Perfect Storm hasn't been what Mac expected, though-it's even BETTER!

But with screaming fans and big-time recording sessions come haters and copycats, like Thunder and Lightning, a new band on the label whose first single sounds suspiciously like the song
Published April 25th 2017 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
So, I have to admit, I kind of love this series. It is a bit of a guilty pleasure I guess as I am definitely not in the intended age range for it...but it takes me back. It makes me feel like I am a 12 year old girl again.

I should probably point out that I was never one to be totally obsessed with boy bands like our heroine Mackenzie, but if I had been I am sure I would have been a good bit like her.

So, what is Battle of the Bands all about you ask? Well, this time there is a competing boy band
Mehsi
A new book in the VIP series, and I am so delighted, I love this series.

Though I did enjoy this one a bit less than the previous one. Sorry, I am not really that big of a fan of the things that happen in here. I hated those Thunder/Lightning (copycat boyband) guys. Lola was annoying again (though I did love the portion of karma she got at the end). There wasn't that much Kyle x Sam, and I am shipping these two like crazy. Plus I hated how 2 of the 3 guys in the band were just pretty much being
Giana C.
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
v.i.p battle of the bands is a great story about a boy band named perfect storm (p.s.) for short. this girl named Mackenzie Lowell and her mom are working with perfect storm. Mackenzie has a journal that she rights everything in including perfect storms songs. one day someone stole her journal and someone copied the song and started there on band called perfect storm. so they go on this mission (kind of) to find out who stole perfect storms song.

at first the story was a little hard to get int
Jeff Raymond
I enjoyed the first volume of this series, and the second volume is also good, albeit maybe a little more unrealistic and boy-band-fantasy-oriented (which I suppose is the point). Lessons about trust and honesty abound here, and it's a nice companion to the other volume on a whole, but, like the first, hardly essential. Also closer to a 3.5.
Favour Egbune
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait for the third book!
Andrea
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recently purchased this book and I found it very enjoyable. Of course, sequels are never as great as the original(with the exception of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins), but there was nothing wrong with this book. Although I wish I could've seen more of Mac and Kyle, the plot and artistry were adorable. Definitely recommend if you are looking for a quick, entertaining read.
Rose Norris
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED the two books in this series, but can someone please write something similar in YA? I need romance 😍😂
Brianna
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!!! Tell me there are MORE!!!!! (-: !!!
Michelle Wrona
This review can also be found on A Thousand Lives Lived, check it out for more!

What an achievement it is to say that I finished this series in a day. I actually read the two VIP books in a matter of hours because they were oh-so-good and so entertaining. Parents of girls who are not really interested in reading (and you want them to be), Jen Calonita's VIP series is the series that will satisfy your kids and have them commence reading like maniacs. I wish that this series existed when I was a ki
Court
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was a very self inspired book.
Liralen
Sep 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2016, fiction, ya, reviewed
I'd had VIP: I'm With the Band on my to-read list for a while but hadn't realised there was a second book, so it was just good luck that I'm visiting my parents and my mum happened to be going to one of the big library branches, and this was very conveniently there.

The series remains both cute and too young for me. In Battle of the Bands, Mac's beloved boy band is threatened by the rise of another boy band—one willing to stoop to stealing unreleased songs and breaking into the tour bus. To be fa
Samantha
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so this is for middle schoolers, and some of that showed - I could tell who the "villain" was long before the characters did - but you know what? It was so cute, I loved it anyway. There's that first-crush going on, and the coolness of seeing the behind-the-scenes of fame. I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Meredith
Jul 07, 2016
Samantha
Sep 28, 2017
Jen Petro-Roy
Jen Calonita's books are so fun.
Niagoh
Mar 13, 2019
Diane Harris
Apr 01, 2017
Jen Calonita
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Sangeetha T
Nov 16, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Jenny Goes to Sea
  • Arabel and Mortimer (Arabel and Mortimer, #4-6)
  • The Cats in the Doll Shop
  • Movie for Dogs
  • The Blue Ghost
  • Amelia Bedelia Cleans Up (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Books #6)
  • The Case of the Library Monster (The Buddy Files, #5)
  • Something Wiki
  • The Mask That Sang
  • The Time Chamber: A Magical Story and Coloring Book (Time Adult Coloring Books)
  • The Flying Chinese Wonders (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #7)
  • Clover Twig and the Magical Cottage
  • Milk Goes to School
  • Mia's Recipe for Disaster (Cupcake Diaries, #22)
  • Not As We Know It
  • Lulu and the Dog from the Sea (Lulu, #2)
  • A Halloween Scare at My House: Prepare If You Dare
  • Heidi Heckelbeck Casts a Spell
Hi Goodreads!
I'm Jen Calonita, a MG and YA author who loves what I do because it lets me connect with all of you (and no, I wasn't intending for that to rhyme!).

I've been writing ever since I can remember, but it was fourth grade when I put my "three wishes" for a genie down on paper. They were:
#1. Buy all the Cabbage Patch Kids in the world and give them away for free (because apparently that wa

VIP (2 books)