Start by marking “Book of Time: The Custos” as Want to Read:
Book of Time: The Custos

Book of Time: The Custos

One book could change the world...or destroy it. A mysterious group known only as the Custos are charged with protecting the Book of Time and its appointed keeper. The equally secretive White Diamond society is determined to gain possession of the book, no matter what the cost. The stakes are high as alliances are forged and broken, power and passion collide, and the world ...more
Published July 20th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Book of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Book of Time

Rating: 4.5/5

This is a quick read and certainly whet my appetite to read more in this amazing, engaging and very imaginative series!

Every thirty years a new person becomes the Keeper of a very special book,The Book of Time, a book which protects and maintains the world as we know it. The Keeper is guarded for all of those years by a guardian, the Custos. You may wonder why they need guarding, and that’s because others are determined to get control of the Book. Those other
Janet Robel
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick and engaging novella. I'm dying to know more because this only whets your appetite. A book of the world that gets passed down from Keeper to Keeper every thirty years while a group known as White Diamond want to get their hands on it at all costs. The perfect story for a short commute. Then you'll want to carve out some time for book two. This does have an ending but there are still some questions left to leave you wanting more.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a fast-paced, intriguing story. I thought the author created a clever story with interesting characters and plot. it's very imaginative. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Book of Time

A short introduction to set up this fantasy series. Not much really happened so it’s hard to really review. It was more of a set up then anything. It peek my interest but not much else.
Amanda
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The Keeper of the Book of Time passes it on every 30 years and is always guarded by a member of the Custos. It keeps the world running at the said pace and changes that are meant to happen do without any interference. This year the White Diamond are trying their hardest, more than ever, to intercept the book. They want the current Keeper before it passes or the Guardian. Where the Guardian lies, the current Keeper does as well. Their objective is to use the book to change the world and it's not ...more
Tina Atkinson
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great short read!!

This is a great and wonderfully written short story. The story is getting everything set up for the series. It revolves around the keeper of the book and protecting it. I found the story very intriguing and it kept my interest throughout the book. It's a wonderful fantasy that I look forward to reading more about. I would recommend this book to everyone who has an imagination.
4.5 Stars
Patti
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Overall rating: 4.8

This book is quick and packed with detail. Each character is carefully formed and with each intro, their roles are cemented in. I could definitely feel the mystery and suspense building heavily. It is the ultimate end game that is unclear as yet. At conclusion I felt as though step one is done but whether or not it was successful won’t be known until a future book. A wonderful start to a possible series?
Monica
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very interesting story. Its a prequel I believe so not all the information is revealed. I want to know more. Leader of the Custos is fascinating and I want to know more about these other characters and Keepers and their guardians....just more! I see there is a book 2 and 3. I might just have to pick up. This is sooo mean! :) Just when it got interesting right? Ends. *sigh*
Sydney Hopke
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great start to a series!

What a great start to a series! You get an understanding of what's going to happen in the next books and meet some of the characters. I enjoyed the taste of Mardi Gras, that's always fun. The only thing would be I wish for a little more back story and hope there's more in the next book.
Jill
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such an engaging read, I really need to read the rest of the series now!! Every 30 years a new Keeper is chosen to be the keeper of The Custos. The Custos is a very important book. Well, the Keeper also needs a guardian because people will want to kill them in order to obtain the book. Overall, lots of action, suspense, and intrigue. Great start to the series and I look forward to reading more!!!
Liliyana Shadowlyn
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
WOW. This is a great opening to the series and I can't wait to dive into the next book. A brilliant premise which is written in a way that keeps you on the edge of your seat. I absolutely could not put this down once I started.
Dmcl
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A quick read, well-written, that gives the reader some background about the conflict between the Custos and the White Diamonds and introduces you to some of the major players. My curiosity is definitely piqued and I’ll be moving on to the next book.
Topaz May
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This short novella is an amazingly imaginative start to a series I can't wait to dig into. It's unlike anything I've ever read before. I can't wait to dig deeper into this series and find out what's going to happen to the next Keeper of the Book.
Sahnya Mcwaters
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg I loved it!!!

I was so caught up I didn't even realize I had gotten to the end of the book. It was just that good I couldn't put it down had to find out more. Definitely recommend this book.
Jen Spencer
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a lead up of things to come...

Be prepared, this is short but packs a ton of info into it. This is kinda like a "loading dose" to get you ready for what is in store. I'm thinking I will enjoy what lies ahead.
Lori Hammons
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is about the protection of an artifact. Ivy and Jensen are done with their assignment. The duty has been passed on, right under the noses of those that would steal the object. It's very interesting and I look forward to more episodes of the story.
Haylee James
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing story definitely going to be reading the next one because I have to find out more this series. It sucks you in and makes you addicted to the characters and the stories behind them. You have to read this book.
Stacy Bradley
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short introduction to this fantasy series. Not much really happened , but it's full of detail... It was more of a set up then anything. Interested to see what the next book brings
Tamica
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had to keep reading

Will they meet their goals? I kept reading because I really wanted to know. This was an easy read. I am interested in knowing what happens in the next book.
Hsu Lee
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a short novella to introduce us to the world of the Custos.
Very interesting read!
Loved the storytelling + the characters!
Staci
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing prelude to what I'm sure is a interesting series.

Lots of world building and character development in this. Curious to see how the whole story unfolds. Obvious that the whole of humanity relies on this cycle continuing smoothly.
Rebecc Tippins
Really good short read!!

I really liked this I wish there was more!! Great read if you don’t have a lot of time! Overall good book
Amanda Showalter
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book of Time is about a book who has the whole history of the world in it, from the past all the way to the future. This book has to be taken care of by a Keeper and the book will only let the Chosen one read it safely. The thing is that the book will change if someone else besides the Chosen one touches it. In this book it is time for a new guardian to be chosen so they are all in Mardi Gras for the event. Ashmael and his troops are there to make sure that the exchange happens and that they can ...more
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, own
Passing the book of time during Mardi gras without getting caught is tricky but so far the custos have managed. This book was an amazing and intriguing read. It is the 1st in the set of 3. This author knows how to capture your attention and keep it until the end. I really enjoy all of her books.
Tresa
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Book of Time holds the history of the world and this is a short story that shows you each side of the coin ( the good and the bad ) and how both sides want the books, one for good, one for evil...An interesting read.
Shelly
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This short story gives you a hint of the world and let's you see a glimpse into both sides who are after the book. It will leave you wanting more.
Jennifer Daniels
Book of Time is a quick novella with lots of things happening in such a little book. I enjoyed this book. I like the storyline and the characters. But I would love to read this as a novel.
Jenell Shull