Start by marking “Avalon Dreams (The Avalon Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Avalon Dreams (The Avalon Chronicles #1)

Read Book

Avalon Dreams

(The Avalon Chronicles #1)

“It was impossible they had met before – of that she was certain. Yet his hold on her was undisputable, an irrational pull to the utmost recesses of her soul.”

Vivienne du Lac has everything she could wish for – a normal, peaceful life, a good job, cushy nest egg, and a semi-social nightlife. The only problem? She’s clueless to being the reincarnation of the Lady of the Lak
Published August 6th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published August 4th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Avalon Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avalon Dreams

Candace Robinson
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is massive, and it's full of awesome writing! I am all about past and present flashbacks, so that part had me consumed. I know some people can find this type of stuff confusing at time, but not for me. The chemistry with the romance was spot on, and I loved the characters!! Review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Catherine ♡
*Thank you to the author for providing me a free e-copy in exchange for an honest review!*

Actual Rating: 3.75

Avalon Dreams has an especially unique writing style that tells two stories at the same time, in small fragments. It fluctuates between the story of Vivienne du Lac, the regular girl, and Vivienne du Lac, a princess who lived during Merlin's time. In the modern world, Vivienne's mundane life is shattered when she meets Sebastien Dubois, who is much more than he lets on. What she doesn't k
Dianne
Settle back and prepare to savor and enjoy a tale of lost love through the ages, the magic of Merlin and Arthurian times as the centuries unfold and glimpses of the past and present meld together. Alexa Whitewolf’s Avalon Dreams begins when a young woman in France begins to have fugue states or feels she is seeing events via Déjà vu. According to Vivienne, she is being transported back to Arthurian times and into the company of a man with whom she has a unique and mystical bond and attraction. T ...more
Melissa Copeland
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Avalon Dreams is a romantic fantasy. An Arthurian romantic fantasy. Swoon.

So before we get started, I must gush that this book is an actual sloooow burn. Like crack to my fiending soul.

This story is told across two different timelines: Vivienne, formerly a princess of Avignon, lives in the present, despite being plagued with frequent flashbacks to her past life. These flashbacks are more than a déjà vu, they render her dazed and even unconscious at times. As it turns out, she is a former student
Liz
Oct 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romantic fantasy… Avalon Dreams delivers nicely into the genre. The story has a few surprising elements to it so I will try to keep it as brief and spoiler free as possible.

The fantasy of this book was cool. I mean, you’ll get glimpses of King Arthur times, Merlin and some surprise characters. There is the required magical power play in between good and evil. It was well delivered and entertaining.

The romance… let’s just say it grew on me. The soulmate-love spans lifetimes and if you are a roman
Aadivah
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Vivienne Du Lac is about as normal as you can possibly get, except for the fact that she has these strange 'dreams' of her life as a sorceress during King Arthur's time. When she meets Sebastien Dubois, he triggers more of her memories to tumble forth. Now that the past is catching up to her, Vivienne struggles to remember everything in hopes of defeating an old foe.

I will say I enjoyed this book quite a lot which I wasn't expecting. I thought it would have been so cheesy but instead it was quit
TDCbookreviews
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting take on the King Arthur legend. Vivienne is the reincarnated Lady of the Lake in present day France. She soon meets a mysterious stranger, Sebastian, and has a visceral reaction to him. Normally I’m not too into “girl meets guy, falls in love 5 minutes later”, but the author actually does this in a way that makes sense. They also have their own trials and tribulations, which leads you to wonder about what’s going to happen with them. The passion and anger between them def ...more
J. Saman
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
The story begins and we meet Vivienne Du Lac, a young woman living in France. Almost immediately we learn that things in her life a little different than they are for most people. Vivienne has flashbacks to another life or deja vue's as she calls them. They cause her to blackout at any given moment and she is transported back to the time of King Arthur and Merlin the wizard. In these flashbacks we meet a man that Vivienne has an instant connection with, Sebastian.
Sebastian is not just her prote
Kimberlyn Day
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you're a fan of Arthurian (King Arthur and all the myths and legends surrounding his court) fantasy, you'll love AVALON DREAMS. While it doesn't have the epic, more mature style of Marion Zimmer, there's charm in the younger re-imagining of the infamous characters. Merlin, Guinevere, and The Lady of the Lake are the most easily recognizable to casual fans of the genre, and their modern twists are intriguing adaptions.

Viv is the main character, a reincarnation of The Lady of the Lake, and she
Rachmi Febrianty

ARC was provided by the author in exchange for honest review.

I'm having hard time to rate this book. I like the writing but there are also things that I don't quite like. One thing for sure, I think this book has an interesting idea. I especially like a part of it that is set in Arthurian time. To be honest, I rarely read story that (loosely or) based on King Arthur and Camelot. So when I knew that Sébastien and Vivienne story takes place as the same time as King Arthur, Guinevere and L
Sean Torres
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So I am not one to give out spoilers as I've learned that it's better for new readers to be unaware of what's to occur.

That being said, this story was pretty appealing. A connection to the past and present, as well as some famous figures referenced in a pleasant matter, is shown throughout the story. Whitewolf made me smile often with her charming writing style- particularly with a little humor every now and then- thus keeping me interested until I finished the story. There's good chemistry betw
Love Indie Romance
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Reviewed by: Jess
Actual Rating: 3 stars

A free copy was provided by the author.

Initial thoughts:
I'm really conflicted over what I feel for this book, on one hand the themes running through it are pretty cool; good vs evil, romance and reincarnation. But... And I hate to say it but I just found the story so slow, often predictable and repetitive making it take a lot of effort to read.

What I loved:
I loved (view spoiler)
Aly
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow this was a long book. But I enjoyed it. This book was a romantic fantasy! There were some surprises in this book. But for the most part, I just sad back and enjoyed the ride. I think this was a great book to get my mind on something different. * I received this book from the author--this is my honest review*
Baileigh Higgins
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
It is an engaging story that sucked me in from the start. An enjoyable read and a different take on the Merlin, Arthur saga with a plot that travels between two timelines, both present and past. Give it a try!
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ebook of this novel from the author and I voluntarily reviewed it. Thank you Alexa Whitewolf!

What a captivating read! This book had so much going on that when ever you thought: "I should put this down to actually do things I must do" the author would reveal something important to which you would think: "Well, now I must keep reading".

On that same wavelength, I think that perhaps the book could have been more edited. There was a lot of back and forth which at times became tiresome
Aldii - perfectioninbooks
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
The Writing:
This book is huge. It has 636 pages, and that is a lot. I had this complex feeling through the book, I think it was dragged, it could have had the same idea and plot with less pages but at the same time I'm not sure what I would quit. Sometimes while reading it my mind just went to something else and I had to stop reading because I had had enough for that time. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the story (I'll talk more about it next) but I had also all those problems that made me enjoy
Marni
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Weaving together two lives, this tale takes us on a special adventure. I really enjoyed getting to see the past Vivienne, her spirit was a bit wild and free, given the times. And then to see the same woman in the present, how she is drawn to the past, it almost made me think she somehow knew there was a connection and longed for the magic she once held.
Now enters Sebastian. Protector, lover, and battling demons of his own.
Together they (along with her companion dog who has paired to her through
T.L. Clark
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Eek, one of those tough reviews to write.

I love the premise of this book.
What if there was another party involved in the King Arthur legend, and they lived in today's times?

There's lots of magic and mystery.
The dynamic between Vivienne and her champion is sizzling.

However, it goes on a bit.
It's part of a series, yet this book is really quite long. And may be better if it were a little shorter.
By the end the 'will they, won't they?' got a bit tiresome, and I found myself thinking Vivienne w
Hobart
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
There's a decent novel hidden in these pages, and I do appreciate what Whitewolf tried to do, but it just didn't succeed for me. But let's focus on the positive for a bit.

Vivienne Du Lac, who in a future life was The Lady of the Lake (as in, "The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water...") has been reincarnated into the modern life as a nervous, socially awkward histo
Katherine
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great fantasy book.
N.L. LaFoille
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
The double love story effect was original and clever. Through flashbacks we get to see Vivienne and Sebastien’s romance play out in the medieval age while their reincarnations meet in the modern age. The slow burn was satisfying to read, though in the modern timeline, the obstacle to their romance seemed overplayed.

The words used were distracting at times and took me out of the story, such as using ‘deciphered’ instead of ‘saw.’ This made the dialogue read awkwardly, and some of the language us
L.K. Walker
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Two epic love stories in one!

Avalon Dreams threads the story of Merlin into an exciting tale set in modern day as well as in the legendary days of King Arthur. Vivienne, the central character, has flash backs to her past life. These are woven beautifully into the story and, the best part, it meant there were two epic love stories running in parallel. Fantastic! I was hooked right from the start.

The book is full of excitement with magic, knights battling and mafia showdowns, all the while Vivienn
Nikki LeClair
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As someone who does not read this genre often, I must say...I LOVED THIS!
It's hooked me into fantasy for life.
I loved the story between Viv and Sébastien, Alexa managed to create two characters so perfect for each other and at the same time, so distant. They had incredible chemistry and if romance is something you need in a story, I promise you won't be disappointed.
I have always been a fan of King Arthur so the story-line woven into this was fantastic. The flashback scenes showed you a life s
Milica Vujanovic
Sep 30, 2018
Alexa Whitewolf
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Floryie
Sarah Justi
June
Barry Collins
Oct 31, 2016
  • Fissure (Chronicles of the Interred, #2)
  • Wicked Waves (Solsti Prophecy #2)
  • Rowena's Key (The Golden Key Chronicles, #1)
  • Mistress of the Wind
  • Hybrid (House of Slide, #2)
  • Son of Dragons (Legends of Oblivion, #2)
  • Claiming Valeria (Fada Shapeshifter, #2)
  • Blood Tree: Part Two
  • Make Me Whole (Isle of the Forgotten, #2.5)
  • Dances of Deception (The Dragon Songs Saga #3)
  • Lord Griffin's Prize
  • The Prophecy (Secrets of Shadow Hill, #2)
  • Five (Maor #1)
  • Blue Blood (Series of Blood, #3)
  • Sweet Sacrifice (Soul Mate Tree #9)
  • Mercer Street (American Journey, #2)
  • Arctic Dawn (The Norse Chronicles, #2)
  • Cloaked in Christmas

The Avalon Chronicles (3 books)
  • Avalon Wishes (The Avalon Chronicles #2)
  • Avalon Nightmares (The Avalon Chronicles #3)