Start by marking “The Third Man (Michael Quinn #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Third Man (Michael Quinn #0.5)

The Third Man

(Michael Quinn 0.5)

Late night, the Caribbean Sea: Ex-Navy SEAL Michael Quinn, now a CIA special operative, is on a solo scuba dive, hunting for stolen weapons that could threaten the Western World. Late night, Laguna Beach, California: An art gallery owner arrives home to find his world turned violently upside down, and his life on the line, because of a secret known only to him. These fatef ...more
Published August 1st 2016 by Roseblood Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Third Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Third Man

Jessica
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who like action-movies
Once again another wonderful action-filled story starting in the middle of things. Even though I've read several of Kevins works by now I still get surprised by the way he makes you feel like in the middle of an action-movie after just a few rows of text.

This one is a Prologue and strongly connected to Night of the Bonfire so I recommend you to read both of them to get the full experience. If nothing else because this one will make you want to...
Charlie
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, first-reads
Have read several of Michael Quinn's stories and this too is a good one. Short they are but full of action and mystery. The author, Kevin Scott Olson, is a master story teller. Glad I won this free book from Goodreads.com. Thanks.
Darren
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got this as a e-book from the author. I enjoyed reading it. I have read books by this author before and they don't disappoint me at all. I hope to read more books by this author.
Heather
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this short story from the author, Kevin Scott Olson for an honest review.

I really enjoyed it. I find the Michael Quinn short stories to be so compelling. This is not the first short story by the author that I have read and I love them all.

In this one we are introduced Michael Quinn on one of his covert missions.

After reading this I definitely need to go back and reread Night of the Bonfire. I look forward to reading more of Michael Quinn's adventures.

Ester
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hope this is going to be a series. It is full of action and adventure for Quinn just the type of character for this book. It will be a book well worth reading with the hope of more from this author.
Lorene
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a copy of The Third Man from the author for review. I have enjoyed reading books in the Michael Quinn series before. This is a prologue to the Night of the Bonfire. There is a short mission Michael Quinn goes on and then some events that happen to another man. I know this is a prequel but, I had no interest in what was happening to the characters. The sections don't appear to be connected. And, there is no hint at an ending. The action just starts to heat up and then it ends. I am sur ...more
Nicholas
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads win

This was my first read by this author. Let me start off by saying it was not a disappointment. I was very pleased by the content and length. It was just enouggh action to hold my attention. Well written. A book to look forward to if you plan to read it.
Marsha Burns
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book.Keep them coming Mr.Olson.I WILL READ ALL YOUR BOOKS.
Andrew
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved the old Albert “Cubby” Broccoli James Bond films. They were incredibly formulaic – jump right in with some stunt / effects heavy opening action scene, then ease into a plot where we discover that the British Secret Service believes some rich evil genius is scheming to take over the world. Send Bond in to meet him undercover (which is never effective), engage in some minor skirmishes while the master plan prepares for fruition, then resolve everything with the final situation in some majo ...more
Alice
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway
Disclaimer: a free ebook copy of this book was given to me by the author in exchange of an honest review.

When the author conctated me and asked me if I was interested in reading the last Michael Quinn's adventure, I couldn't have possibly said no.
I liked the previous novellas and I really liked Night of the Bonfire, so I couldn't wait to read its prologue.

What I like the most about Michael - and I know I said it before in a previous review - it's that he's only human, after all.
He can be an e
Shani
"WHAT????" is the very statement I made when I finished this. I grumbled and mumbled while going back and forth on the pages to figure out if there was a sneak peek for the next book. Once I found there was, I was happy for a few minutes. But there is a reason there is a sneak peek! It worked Mr. Olson, it worked! I'm sufficiently hooked!

I love a good suspenseful action packed kind of book. Even though this was a short story (ends at approx. 61%) it has a decent amount of intrigue to get you int
Harold Walters
Nov 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
A GoodReads Giveaway

This publication claims to be a Michael Quinn short story as well as the prologue to Night of the Bonfire. The second claim may be true, but it is certainly not a short story.

At only 57 pages, it is basically a promotional piece for Night of the Bonfire.

The first 27 pages read like a prologue. Ex-Navy SEAL Michael Quinn, rigged out in his scuba gear, dives into the waters of Agua Rica Bay in the Caribbean. His mission is to find some SLBMs — submarine-launched ballistic missi
Laina
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cezara Corbu
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This short story divides into two parts. The first part revolves around Quinn and his mission to expose the possesion of dangerous stolen weapons. While it is expected of him to always get the job done, his diving adventure soon turns out to be very exciting, as dangers arise from the strangest places. The suspense is building up, as Quinn is putting up a fight for his survival.
The second part describes in full detail a terror scene which was only briefly mentioned in the novel that follows this
Mel
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways, reviews
Just enough of a teaser to make you want more. Action packed and full of great detail in his writing I enjoyed this short story from the first page...looking forward to reading the full book. I won this book in a goodreads giveaway, thank you.
James
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
What a great teaser for Night of the Bonfire. It definitely left me wanting more. That's why I didn't give it five stars...I wanted more! I enjoy Kevin Scott Olson's writing style, action packed, with detail given both to the surroundings and the technical aspects. While not totally realistic, the story is believable. It is a fine line to walk and Olson does it very well.

I received a digital copy for review and am looking forward to picking up a copy of the full length novel Night of the Bonfire
Conny
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
Kevin Scott Olson has quickly become one of my favorite Authors, so when he asked me if I wanted to read his latest novella I immediately said yes. I knew I would not be disappointed, when even though I just wanted to read a little bit before bed, I ended up reading the whole book in one sitting. I was at the edge of my seat, the only negative thing about the whole book is that it was not long enough for me. I hope that there will be many more books in the series, Michael Quinn is our american J ...more
Susan Krich
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me by the author.
It is full of action from the very first page.
The first story is very short and reacquaints you with Michael Quinn.
The second story is the prologue to The Night of the Bonfire. It will definitely make you want to get this book to read. I look forward to reading it.
Joyce
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A tease. Wanted more.
Marissa
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
PDF Copy for Review

For fans of Michael Quinn this is a short prequel to Night of the Bonfire. Former Navy Seal finds himself scuba diving for stolen weapons but nothing is ever simple. Another fast paced story line that keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Oct 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Received a free copy for honest review

After reading this I am hooked and I can't wait for more. It has plenty of action and suspense and I am now going to read Night of the bonfire.....I can't wait.
Penny Olson
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Third Man is a short story which is a prequel to Night of the Bonfire. It is fast moving and action packed. I think it will appeal to fans of James Bond and the espionage genre. Of course, now I want to read the Night of the Bonfire.
Rachel Sakitis
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book free from Goodreads. It is a Prologue to Night of the Bonfire. Based on this introduction, I think the book will be well worth reading.
Eileen
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I won this book as a GoodReads First Read. I enjoyed it thoroughly and it left me wanting more. The writing is excellent and keeps you interested from page 1 to the end.
Eva
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“The Third Man” is an intriguing prologue to the full length novel, “Night of the Bonfire”. I’m now reading the rest of the book.

Thank you GoodReads for the book.
Roxanne
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I won this book from Goodreads. This seems to be a Prologue to another book. This is a short story about Michael Quinn looking for stolen weapons and then there is a prieview to the next book.
Anne Derkat
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Nice going, Goodreads. You really did it. Gave me a taste of the Night of the Bonfire. . Just enough of the story to get me hooked. Now I'm heading out to buy the whole book.
Christina
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This took me too long to read and it was only a short prequel. I understood it well enough but I felt it doesn't exactly give you the drive to read the next book.
♥ Sue
Nov 05, 2016
Sandy Richter
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read. He writes like Ann Rice. I would need to read Night of the Bonfire to really let you know my thoughts.

A graduate of the University of California, San Diego, Kevin Scott Olson also attended Georgetown University, and holds professional degrees from The American College. In his business career, he has received numerous industry awards and published articles in leading financial journals.

Kevin lives in southern California, where his hobbies include travel, outdoor sports, and keeping up with the ad

Michael Quinn (1 books)
  • Night of the Bonfire (Michael Quinn, #1)